SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:08 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

argh. I knew this would happen if I name claimed it, because it sounds like a bad name thing. I mean..I wasn't given an explanation of why it's vanilla-- there was something mentioned about Godzilla not having fire-breathing capbilities so maybe that is why? I don't know, I didn't dole out the roles.

But, again, if you have anything to bring against me that I can actually answer to..I'd love to do that. But, I don't really have an answer for my role being vanilla.

If i were scum, I think I would have made up something more tame sounding!!
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Gorrad »

SeraphicMirth wrote:If i were scum, I think I would have made up something more tame sounding!!
That is a surprisingly good point. Thoughts?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:22 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Gorrad wrote:That is a surprisingly good point. Thoughts?
That it's completely WIFOM. She could have that song and be scum, and then say that to make you believe she's not scum by claiming that. I'm willing to hammer, but it's not so much because of SeraphicMirth's play as it is of d3sisted's play Day 1. In addition to it being poor, d3sisted had some connections with DeliciousGoldfish, who turned out to be a mafia goon.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Gorrad »

ChaosOmega wrote:
That it's completely WIFOM. She could have that song and be scum, and then say that to make you believe she's not scum by claiming that. I'm willing to hammer, but it's not so much because of SeraphicMirth's play as it is of d3sisted's play Day 1. In addition to it being poor, d3sisted had some connections with DeliciousGoldfish, who turned out to be a mafia goon.
That's about where I was going too. SM's not stupid, she could easily be claiming for WIFOM. I've heard all I need to today.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:31 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Hahaha right that's where you were going...it totally sounded like that. If I'm gonna die, I say take a close look at Gorrad and HC.

I could have just skipped the whole WIFOM step and just claimed an easier name and not have had to deal with this if I were scum. So, either side here is all WIFOM.

I don't know what else to do, I can't escape d3sisted's play no matter how much I try to and I've defended as much as I possibly can. As a claimed vanilla, I'm probably dead tonight anyway.

Well, I guess a benefit here will be that you guys can finally focus on someone else. I think we've got some good information when you look at who has been after d3sisted/me and what their arguments have been.

My claim is 100% true, and I think I've proven myself in my posts which are all pretty solid.
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:45 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Gorrad wrote:
ChaosOmega wrote:
That's about where I was going too. SM's not stupid, she could easily be claiming for WIFOM. I've heard all I need to today.
I really don't like this post. Why couldn't you have just claimed WIFOM instead of saying that it's a good point?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Gorrad »

Because I wasn't sure. It was a good point, but I had my suspicions about WIFOM. I wanyed to see if people shared them or if I was just being too Sicilian.
My claim is 100% true, and I think I've proven myself in my posts which are all pretty solid.
You haven't acted very scummy, SM, but d3sisted did. As much as you'd like to shake that, you just replaced really dumb scum.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Gorrad: "SM just made a good point."

CO: "No she didn't."

Gorrad: "I mean no she didn't."

Confirm vote: Gorrad.

I cannot fathom how SM is a better play today.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

I am also going to
unvote
vote Gorrad

You "had your suspicions about WIFOM"?? It's not that big deal of a thing to just point out. I don't see why you would secretly keep that to yourself until..someone agreed with you?? that's really weird.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Its in the hardest section of guitar hero, like psychobilly freakout? And the pro-town songs have not been?

Ah, no. Godzilla is from Guitar Hero I. Everything else revealed is from Guitar Hero II. I can confirm that's not a scumtell. But the song difficulty may be.
Well, yes, the Guitar Hero I vs. the Guitar Hero II is what I was thinking. However, if you say that that's a neutral thing then I suppose I trust you.

I will reread Gorrad, but I still think SM is the play for today.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Gorrad made a really bad play with those past couple posts, and I agree that everyone who's fully pushed her case, Haschel and Gorrad particularly (has is a bit more free in that regard due to spreading himself out really well, and being all around a good scum hunter, and I refuse to judge myself) need to be looked at if she turns up Town.

However, I'm showing tunnel vision today, because I cannot be happy unless she's dead, because of DG coming up scum. 3 reasons why I think this game cannot progress until SM has been confirmed.

1. Disisted's Horrid play.

2. SM's voting pattern with DG, which is clearly a distance and retreat with DG.

3. Doing a WIFOM, even though it's clear she should have known it was. Makes me think she wanted to see if she could get away with it.

I'm showing tunnel vision because my heart is telling me SM isn't scummy, because I like her as a player, and think she personally hasn't done that much that was so scummy, but her partners and replacement have created such a pattern, that my head is certain that she's scum. I want to give it a shot.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:34 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Just doing quick re-reads, and I want to say before I get lynched that I'd look at Gorrad and possibly Hasdgfas over HC.

I just re-read HC and he was postulating a d3sisted/DG connection even before I replaced and before DG was lynched, which makes a lot more sense to me for his play now. I thought that all came up after I replaced.

I've got class right now but I will reread others throughout my breaks during the day, just so you have some stuff to munch on after I am gone...not that I'm always correct or near it lol but just stuff to think about anyway...more points of view can help the town sometimes because not everyone sees the same stuff.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

On Gorrad - when you look at Gorrad-only mode, you see several posts where he says "d3sisted is most scummy" "still think d3sisted is most scummy" and then says this:
Gorrad wrote:My vote on d3sisted was mostly to make people converse, and it looks like that's finally happening.
Unvote

mmhmmmm..ok.

Also, the majority of his posts are 1 or 2 lines and not much analysis going on.

When he finally does analyze, it's pretty "off". I still don't know what to think about "It makes me think there's a jester but on the other hand I don't think there is one". I think in that original post,he was thinking several things and didn't edit well and had to backtrack that a little bit in his explanations.
Soo..yeah.

Again, just quick re-reads going on here.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Thanatos wrote:G

3. Doing a WIFOM, even though it's clear she should have known it was. Makes me think she wanted to see if she could get away with it.

I'm showing tunnel vision because my heart is telling me SM isn't scummy, because I like her as a player, and think she personally hasn't done that much that was so scummy, but her partners and replacement have created such a pattern, that my head is certain that she's scum. I want to give it a shot.

I can understand this. As I said, I guess there will be some benefit if I am lynched- some info will come from it and the town can move on.

I'd much, much rather that we lynch an actual scum today and then I die tonight and we get our info that way..but whatever. I've tried.

As for your #3- I didn't really think about it until CO pointed out it was WIFOM..then I was like "oh yeah, I guess that was". I just typed it (the "i'd pick a better song" statement) at the time because that was my true feeling/semi-frustration.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:00 pm

can we lynch somebody here? I think that DG heavily imp;lied that SM/d3s was a partner. If you don't agree with me, I'd like to here you explain why.

I haven't reread gorrrad yet like I promised, but I'll do it tomorrow. I'd do it now, but I don't think I would find anything right now.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:38 pm

OKay I lied. I reread Gorrad right now. I should probably do it again tomorrow when I sober up, but but I figure I always do better in German class when I'm hung over, so maybe I can notice things in Mafia better when I'm drunk.\

The first quote that stuck out to me was [quote[On that note, clearly the Natude or d3sisted wagons can't both stay, I don't think it'd be possible for the day to end. Any Natude-haters want to switch? He's looking pretty bloody protown to me, I don't really see a case. [/quote] Now, we know that Natude was protwon, and I suspect SM to be scum as you can tell from my previous posts. My initial thought is that scum-Gorrad could have tried to shift the d3s-wagon onto Natude, but he didn't. I'm aware that this does not clear him, but I think it could potentioally be important later.

Now, Gorrad says that he likes the list that Natiude presented in post 19x.. In this list, Natude suggested that DG was protown, which we now know is false, and that SilverPhoenix was anti-town, which we also know is false. It's possible that Goorrad said he likes this list because of isinformation in it. However, I have no proof of this. I'll reevaluate it later.

I just had a thouhgt. If it turns out that SMi s town after all, which I don't thing will happen, could Gorrad be accused of going for the quicklynch? Actually I usppose in that case I would look morde suspicious than gorrad so I suppose this isn't a valid line of thought.

All this jester talk is confusing. In my experience, lynching the jester ends the game for everybody else, because then all parties have lost. Gorrad suggest lynching the jester, then says that d3s might be a jester, then says we d9n;t have a jester, and then says that in the event we do have a jester, then d3s is not it. I agree with this last statement because if d3s was the jester then SM would have hammered herself. I don't know why h efelt it necessary to bring it up at the beginning of the day, though, it seems to me like we had moved on a long time ago.

As I think I stated before, I don't consider the GJ thingy to be that suspicious. Now if he had said "Oh no we lost two townie's then I would find that suspicious.

My conclusion right now is that while Gorrad hasn't been the cleanest individual out there, I don't think that he is scum. this conclusion comes with the caveat that I am drunk, and therefore may change my mind tomorrow.

In conclusion, vote SM,b ecause she is scum.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:45 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Well, from my count, there are only two active players around to drop the hammer...the two on gorrad.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Conversation seems to be on the low, so I thought I'd help stir things up a bit with a side bar. I looked over the last day, and found something that bugged me a bit, but got pushed aside for the SM BW (which I still think should be finished off as soon as possible) but what do we make of the 2 kills last night. Why two, and why them? Personally, I think Natude was the Mafia kill-target, due to him being a pretty active townie in high regard, but what about the other guy? Vig, SK, or something else, and why him?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:35 am

Post by Gorrad »

HC, I brought it up again because I reread and it was the biggest thing that stuck out.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:57 am

Post by hasdgfas »

I will re-read SM/d3s and then I
might
hammer depending on what I see.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:22 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Ok, I did a quick re-read and have decided that SM would be a good lynch today for multiple reasons.
1) d3sisted was being a complete idiot and didn't do anything pro-town
2) DG appeared to be trying to lessen the pressure on d3s by changing the town's focus
3) She has been changing her suspicions around quite a bit today. She's been hopping between Haschel, Gorrad, and myself throughout basically the entire day, changing which one she finds most suspicious in basically every post. For a long time, she found Haschel as either 1st or 2nd most suspicious, and now she says that he's not suspicious? Odd.
4) The claim seems a bit rough around the edges
5) It's probably the best information lynch we have at this point.

I still find Gorrad most suspicious, but I think that SM is a better lynch right now.

unvote, vote SM
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by Atticus »

Vote Count

Gorrad
(2):
TheSweatpantsNinja, SeraphicMirth

SeraphicMirth
(4):
Gorrad, Haschel Cedricson, Thanatos, hasdgfas

Haschel Cedricson
(1):
ChaosOmega

Not Voting (2): Dark Ermac, perfect628

This should be correct, also, I still need replacements.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Oh, I see why It wasn't a lynch. Haschel, on the previous page you unvoted and voted SM, yet you were ALREADY voting SM.

Which means...we still need one more vote.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:08 pm

Thanatos wrote:Oh, I see why It wasn't a lynch. Haschel, on the previous page you unvoted and voted SM, yet you were ALREADY voting SM.

Which means...we still need one more vote.
Yeah. I figured if nobody was going to move, then I had to at least create the illusion of movement.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

I think we've gotten about all we will get out of today.

unvote, vote SeraphicMirth

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”