Large Normal 206: World Record Mafia! (GAME OVER)

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2398, Nero Cain wrote:I thought you were finally answering why you were scumreading me but I guess you are just avoiding the question still.
In post 2393, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 2390, Boonskiies wrote:I'd rather you guys lynch me over Gerry with that claimed JOAT. That's testable and an investigative should just target him. If it comes back as innocent, then you get a JOAT on your side, guilty, insta lynch Gerry.

Killing me just gets rid of the bulletproofs and saves Yoshi from having to find a replacement to sit through 96 pages of this.
hence why I'm not voting gerry. that and tonal.
how would my post about gerry explain why you're scum?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

stop making yourself look stupid I'm vigging you I told you
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TBF I often reply to multiple discussions in the same posts but nice counter so you can keep avoiding.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2401, Eddie Cane wrote:I'm using my teams night kill on you i told you
fixed for correctness.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm not avoiding. I don't need to explain my scumread on you, your flip will do enough.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Do you really expect for 6 ppl to sheep you on a read without any explanation?

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

no, that's why I'm vigging you
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I've read under 20 pages of this game do you think I give enough of a fuck to make a case
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:44 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

if you flip town I already know how the scum are. it's fine either way. one less annoying player is just a bonus.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I feel like this annoyance is super fake.

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:49 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: Eddie Cane
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Creature »

I guess it should be general that every normal game with more than 17 players should have a plurality lynch mechanism.
Sigh
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 2411, Creature wrote:I guess it should be general that every normal game with more than 17 players should have a plurality lynch mechanism.
I didn't know how players would react to that, so I just went traditional.
There's a fine line between genius and sociopathy.
#sundevils #forksup
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

No reason to vote Eddie, Creature. The Nero/Eddie situation can be dealt with later due to Eddie's vig claim.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

boon u never psychologisted me
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 107, Yumeko Jabami wrote:
In post 10, TwoInAMillion wrote:Mulch is town for only having two words in his first post.
How does Mulch's posting at this point suggest that he is town?
In post 11, Mulch wrote:
In post 10, TwoInAMillion wrote:Mulch is town for only having two words in his first post.
I'm actually scum.
What is your reasoning behind saying this?
In post 31, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 29, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 24, TwoInAMillion wrote:Why do you think claiming mason on day 1 is a smart pro town move?
98% of the time scum will not shoot a claimed mason since a mason is not really a threat until LYLO and they can use the "this guy and this guy are scum" paranoia.
I'm pretty sure you and Mulch are town at this point, but I've been wrong before.
What makes you comfortable saying this so early?
And how did you reach this conclusion? Why are they town?
I do not feel like your reads hold much if any weight behind them at this point.
In post 34, Mulch wrote:VOTE: creature

Why didn't you say this in the PT -_-
In post 35, Nero Cain wrote:yoshi locked it!
It seems like you guys aren't really masons.
Nero, can you explain why you went along with Mulch? Does this mean you town read him?
Mulch, why did you feel the need to claim mason?
In post 43, Mulch wrote:
In post 39, MarioManiac4 wrote:
Dayvig: TwoInAMillion

I'm actually pretty sure this is scum already.
Nero and I both think he's towny...
Why? I don't think he has done anything to earn a townread so soon. Do you think that this player is painfully obvious as mafia to the point where you could catch them within the first page of posting?
In post 40, TwoInAMillion wrote:So if most people don't think you could be scum will mafia shoot you?
This is a weird question to be asking. If mulch is town he should not know where mafia will be shooting. I don't understand the point behind the question.
In post 39, MarioManiac4 wrote:
Dayvig: TwoInAMillion

I'm actually pretty sure this is scum already.
Why?
In post 50, Mulch wrote:Like I'm pretty heavily scum reading Mario right now on meta but since Nero I think is a better town player and I think mason co unity right now is important I'm not going to switch to Mario.
Can you explain what meta you used to heavily scumread a player within the first 2 pages? Why do you think this meta is reliable Why do you think you are able to 'catch' MarioManiac4 within the first few pages if scum?
In post 54, TwoInAMillion wrote:Scum mulch is not this self aware this early on. He tries to play cool as scum.
Do you trust your meta enough to confidently townread him?

It's only been 2 pages at this point. Why are you trying to apply meta?
In post 70, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 63, Nero Cain wrote:but I don't want to play "guess creature's alignment" this game. :/
no it is usually pretty obvious when he is town
In post 26, Mulch wrote:
In post 24, TwoInAMillion wrote:Why do you think claiming mason on day 1 is a smart pro town move?
It probably wasn't, but I wanted to spend a game for once not scumread
i know what you mean

VOTE: wavemode
read the rules next time before you vote
since what you did this time will not count according to the rules
mulch that goes for you also but yours does not appear to be correct on first glance so i do not scum read you for it
What makes you vote for wavemode here? Do you think typing 'mariomaker' instead of 'mariomaniac4' was a ploy to avoid voting?
In post 78, IgnitionUSMC wrote:Why are people pushing Mario?
Why are you focused on Mario here?
In post 88, Mulch wrote:
In post 86, osuka wrote:Mario is confscum
Yeah I'm not getting why they think ignition is town when my first gut reaction to them is scum. Makes it more likely Mario is just fabricating reads
What do you mean by fabricating reads? What would you expect him to have for reads as town at this point?
In post 91, Mulch wrote:He did this as scum last time. Wondering if he would do it again. cloud that is
I don't like that you are throwing shade on a player replacing out before posting
In post 83, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 80, wavemode wrote:
In post 78, IgnitionUSMC wrote:Why are people pushing Mario?
Why not?
MM4 games in a nutshell. :P

Ignition and Creature are my early townreads.
How did you form these reads? Do you think the 2 posts each they have made are not fakeable as scum? Do you think it makes them more likely to be town - if so why?
In post 90, MarioManiac4 wrote:I feel like his reaction to my wagon of trying to find reasoning is inquisitive and less likely to be scum than most other things in the thread.
I think saying ignition has been Inquisitive is a bit too much at this point in time.
scum
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 114, Mulch wrote:Alright. So probably some of you are wondering where I'm going with all these questions to Mario.

Well, first off I sort of gut scum him due to his first couple of posts. Obviously that's not super accurate but from what I've played with him he's pretty free flowing and active and he seemed to get too serious too quickly for me. I mean, yeah, in general that's equal equity to both scum and town but it just seemed unusual for him.

Then he sort of says 2mil is scum. The thing is, 2mil is lynchbait as town which dosen;t exactly MAKE him town but honestly when I had read him I read it as town through meta, which yeah Mario woulden't have known but still. Mario pushing him for it (however jokingly) COULD come from town that dosen't really know 2million but could ALSO come from scum who want an easy target. So, yeah, something to keep in mind that ringed my alarm bells. I also sort of townread him with his brutally honest way of role fishing of me, which I'm like 99% sure that newb scum are worried about being accused of and is really inquisitive town. So EVEN if Mario is saying his dayvig comment in is a joke (which dosen't exactly seem like a joke to me?), it's still weird.

Honestly from Mario is pretty horrible too. He basically is subtly saying "when I'm town I am lynchbait." The thing is, town are much more likely in my experience to just say it openly, yeah I get lynched a lot as town. Even then, they get accused, which is why scum sorta want to try and avoid it. But Mario's comment there has the EFFECT of saying he is lynchbait without the acceptance of the consequences of scummyness he would get if he said it openly. So yeah, a pretty generally scummy thing there.

He also starts out with 2 townreads which one of them I can easily see (creature), who already is getting involved and seems towny at least by gut, but then ignition. Ignition for me maybe I'm having a different reflection cause I've played with him on mafia universe, had an uncharacteristically weak opening by just asking "why is Mario being wagoned?". Not only is this weird for him (which I can't fault Mario for) but it's a super super super typical newb scum opening, so from mario PoV I cannot for the life of me how he sees this as town or newbtown even. Like, if your scum and a town is being wagoned just asking why he's being wagoned is a way for you to get "towncred" without taking heat. Mario's an experienced player, he should pick up on this.

On the other hand, I do find it a little bit TOO scummy to be scum to openly townread those that are townreading you, but that's only a small plus in Mario's direction.

Let's go through . I want to know why he townreads Ignition who was actually the second scummiest imo in the thread so far to Mario. He says to
why
he is town, says 2 things: 1) He's being inquisitive, which is a surface level reasoning that COULD come from town!Mario but again I'm outlining in the stuff before why it's sort of weird for him to say that, and then 2) "less likely to be scum than most other things in the thread"

Now, at this point I'm wondering, what exactly are the things "other" in the thread that are so scummy that they make ignition look towny on comparison?

Mario then uses circular logic, which again isn't neccecarily scummy but just something weird, where he basically goes on a loop of saying that other things were scummy BEACUSE ignition's post is towny...as some way of expaining that ignition's post is towny in the first place. See the problem here?

Another thing: He is super confident I'm scum this game, () based on by him. Now, I am actually townreading the fact he picked up on it, because imo saying you mindmeld or anti mindmeld is something town and scum do, but it's definitely not something ONLY scum do. And I'll be a little LAMIST here and say that it IS something town do because I'm town :P That's why the level of confidence he's expressing in his scumread of me is weird. He's super sure, and he's voting me, based on one post that I actually think makes sense? If I disagree with his first gut reactions, less likely we are on the same team. To put it simply.

Here's the thing. Even after all these things, I'm not sure Mario is scum. I can see bewildered town who just wanted to get into things early, thinks I'm scum for pushing bullshit on him (which, to be fair, if he really is town he could think I'm scum trying to make a fancy case), and honestly in my experience it's a common mistake for town to have to townread those that question his wagon. (More specifically, I think it's a town POV to townread those that question your wagon because you know the wagon is bad because your town). But shoulden't Mario at least see where I am coming from here? It's super hard but I consider him a good quality player that might be able to avoid confirmation bias, especially cause he just finished a game where he TvT attacked someone until the end. Shoulden't he realize that I have a towny mindset right now?

I'm hoping this big posts clears it up, basically. So my thoughts are clear.
town
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

VOTE: yumeko

all rxn pushes aside this is legit scum
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In no order within categories, gonna change this by ebwop as I catch up. prolly not gonna read the whole thing but bored rn. these are my current reads as of now. btw, just skimming thoroughly not actually reading rofl fuck thay

town: mulch, creature,
soft town: boon (if you're scum I dare you to keep me alive :wink:), gerry, tiam, dunker, osuka,
null: assemble, pere (pere is itg?_?), kidamn, dave, mm4 (very slightly scum but not enough to move), flairs, Mary, theta, massive, una, gr
soft scum + scum: nero, yumeko, wave,
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

if this is multiball gr is scum
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 223, Mulch wrote:Does post 200 seem forced to you, creature and Nero?
yes
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 245, massive wrote:On the plus side, Creature is town.

On the minus side, the rest of you townies need to play like townies instead of dumb gambits and fakeclaims. Make it easy for an old man jeezus.
town
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 327, Mary Saotome wrote:
In post 192, Mulch wrote:OK Mario is either scum or a power role, this isn't his vanulla townie tone
I kinda tr this line given the fact I don't know why scum Mulch would say this but then it begs the question, Why are you looking for power roles in the first place or make the statement?
In post 200, IgnitionUSMC wrote:Mario's revenge vote on mulch and "knowing" I'm town is concerning. I don't know flavor leafs normal playstyle but he seems not interested in being active and for a day 1 you would think he would at least want to stop his wagon or analyze those pushing it. "The go ahead and lynch me, whatever" is a slight scummy stance. O. The flip side the wagon for flavor seems to have happened pretty fast and unless it's a scum bussing there is probably scum inside of that wagon.

VOTE: MarioManiac4 The only way you know I'm town that early is if you aren't one of us.

Still on a 2 day super busy work schedule so I won't be able to check in much. Saying that I'd also like to see some of.our inactives stop slacking if they want to actually help find scum, If not, I think the rest of us town will have a right to be supicious of you
this feels slimy you're pushing on something like this is random and weird and trying to put on the "We're town not you! vibe is gross
In post 213, Theta Alpine wrote:i mean the point of me voting him was to get him to post and give content
and he has at least done the former so
VOTE: eddie cane
going down my list of people who have not posted
the other two on that list are peregrinev and zoki77 if anyone wanted to know
though there are a few people who have only stated that they will read up and post later
This is scum to me he's voting slots that aren't posting and not doing anything the "oh post content" line is weak because at some point people will post content your vote will do nothing to change that it's 1 vote in a 21 person game. I think this is scum trying to look like they're doing something when really It's not much at all

VOTE: Theta Alpine
scum
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 333, osuka wrote:
In post 332, TwoInAMillion wrote:
FOS: Mary Saomote

For defending lurking.
quite possibly the stupidest fos i've ever seen
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 375, Flavor Leaf wrote:Mulch is probably town, but he's probably worth an investigation, though, because I think his town and scum game are basically indistinguishable.

I'm lean town on you, because I don't see the wagon on me as scummy since I hadn't really posted, and now your early game pressure comment along with realizing you were doing it for that reason, is pretty solid. I will admit; I'm generally pretty good at getting town reads. I just finished a few games where that was the case and I successfully poe'd two of the games out. Then I died the next night. Mulch, I believe you saw these? I won one of them, lost the other. I was VT equivalent in both.
scum?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”