Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

farside22 wrote:This is not defending yourself. Show where I am wrong.
Fine.

This post contains most of my scumhunting efforts, which gives the lie to your assertion of "no scumhunting lawl". As for your "only agrees, no original thoughts" accusation... I don't see how this can be possibly proven either way.

Hasd: The next time you accuse me of not trying I'm requesting replacement. I refuse to sit here and have my fucking hard work at school questioned. I'm sorry, but that kind of thing is complete bullshit.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Cyberbob: I have hard work at school too. But when I have the chance, I try to come on and make a post containing my thoughts. Also, I'm not sure I ever said that you weren't trying, just that you haven't been contributing much. There's quite a large difference.

I'm also not sure whether or not to call that post scumhunting. It seems to be a list of people and your thoughts on them. I consider scumhunting to be finding someone who you think is scummy and pursuing their lynch, which I'm not sure I've seen you do very much at all this game.

Finally, that last paragraph was chock-full of appeal to emotion from what I can see.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

hasdgfas wrote:Cyberbob: I have hard work at school too. But when I have the chance, I try to come on and make a post containing my thoughts.
Well I guess you're just perfect then. :roll:
hasdgfas wrote:Also, I'm not sure I ever said that you weren't trying, just that you haven't been contributing much. There's quite a large difference.
Indeed there is - one is scummy, the other is not. See if you can pick which is which.
hasdgfas wrote:I'm also not sure whether or not to call that post scumhunting. It seems to be a list of people and your thoughts on them. I consider scumhunting to be finding someone who you think is scummy and pursuing their lynch, which I'm not sure I've seen you do very much at all this game.
Your definition of "scumhunting" is far too narrow. Handy, that.
hasdgfas wrote:Finally, that last paragraph was chock-full of appeal to emotion from what I can see.
If you think I'm bluffing, go ahead. I'm not appealing to emotion, I'm asking you to stop attacking my honesty.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

No, I'm not perfect at all. I'm not saying I'm the best example of contribution in mafia, just that I have work at school too. You're not the only one.

Not trying is scummy, and not contributing much is scummy.

What is your definition of scumhunting then, Cyberbob?

I'm not attacking your honesty. I believe that you're busy at school, but I'm sure that 95% of people on MS are extremely busy, yet still find time to make somewhat long posts. I'm wondering why you haven't been doing the same thing.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

hasdgfas wrote:No, I'm not perfect at all. I'm not saying I'm the best example of contribution in mafia, just that I have work at school too. You're not the only one.
I challenge you to find where I said I was. You need to understand that everyone has different degrees of ability to handle multiple strains on their brains at once. I can guarantee you that for every person able to focus on mafia to any meaningful degree on top of massive RL commitments there are three who struggle.
hasdgfas wrote:Not trying is scummy, and not contributing much is scummy.
You fail at semantics. A lack of contribution is only scummy if it's through a lack of trying. If a person is doing their honest best to contribute, and failing (for whatever reasons), how is that scummy?
hasdgfas wrote:What is your definition of scumhunting then, Cyberbob?
Spotting and commenting on scumtells. Your definition works only when living in a world exclusively inhabited by aggressive players.
hasdgfas wrote:I'm not attacking your honesty. I believe that you're busy at school, but I'm sure that 95% of people on MS are extremely busy, yet still find time to make somewhat long posts. I'm wondering why you haven't been doing the same thing.
I already commented on this point above.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:05 am

Post by Porochaz »

Is this going anywhere? it feels like your both running round in circles...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:14 am

Post by Cyberbob »

It does, doesn't it? Particularly because I've been over most of these points at some point in this thread already. :roll:
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Cyberbob wrote:It does, doesn't it? Particularly because I've been over most of these points at some point in this thread already. :roll:
The analysis you did was after you were asked to do so. Plus for 2 days you said nothing or next to nothing until people attacked you and now you are free to talk. :roll:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:10 am

Post by armlx »

Unvote

Vote had lost its purpose multiple pages ago. Probably will just vote Cyberbob once we decide the day is over and we need to move along.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Gorrad »

One week until deadline. I still support a Cyberbob lynch- usually don't lynch lurkers, but the lack of contribution is astounding.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Cyberbob wrote:If a person is doing their honest best to contribute, and failing (for whatever reasons), how is that scummy?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Gorrad »

It's not. I just don't think you're doing your honest best.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Alright then. *shrugs*
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Blackberry »

GUYS!! I JUST REMEMBERED GLORK LIVES IN OHIO!! I COULD BREAK INTO HIS HOUSE AND LOOK AT HIS PMS AND FIGURE OUT WHO THE MAFIA ARE!!

DISCUSS.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Ive had enough of this
unvote, vote Blackberry
, Day 1, Bookie votes for you and then suddenly you turn round and say "I think Bookie's scum, without any real reason beyond "shes deflecting attention" OMGUS. You occasionaly scumhunt but you also post a whole heap of crap, which initially felt like a posting style, now it just feels wrong.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by Iammars »

Porochaz wrote:Ive had enough of this
unvote, vote Blackberry
, Day 1, Bookie votes for you and then suddenly you turn round and say "I think Bookie's scum, without any real reason beyond "shes deflecting attention" OMGUS. You occasionaly scumhunt but you also post a whole heap of crap, which initially felt like a posting style, now it just feels wrong.
Let's be honest, has there been much happening this game? I want to keep Blackberry alive just based on the fact that he keeps posing hilarious comments like that because it's the only thing keeping this game interesting.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Iammars wrote:
unvote, vote Blackberry
Let's be honest, has there been much happening this game? I want to keep Blackberry alive just based on the fact that he keeps posing hilarious comments like that because it's the only thing keeping this game interesting.
FoS: Iammars

You can find something to comment on if you try. Plenty has happened.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Iammars wrote:
unvote, vote Blackberry
Awww, thanks buddy <3. I feel good knowing atleast someone finds humor in my posting.

Porochaz -- I'm not going to lie, I don't really have a strategy to figuring this out and I haven't really paid too much attention on scum hunting.

There are two instances that could lead you to believe (correctly) that I am town:

A: No one disputes the fact I am the only Vanilla Townie

B: Cop got a guilty on me and Xtoxm and his rolename sounded insane/paranoid, Xtoxm is dead and he was innocent! HMMMMMM, I wonder what that means about me!?

BUT HERE IS A THOUGHT EXPERIMENT FOR YOU!!

Let us say I was MAFIA.
In this instance, we, as mafia, would know that Cop was not insane, but PARANOID. If we knew this
then we, as mafia, would have no reason to go after cop
because his results will not matter and some may even find him as a possibly lynch candidate for inaccurate results, etc. And also so we, as mafia, could go after other rules that are more threatening as it has already been shown that I am the only townie here so everyone else must have a role of some sort. But, you see, the mafia decided to kill the Cop. The only reason they would kill the cop is if they feared the uncertain possibility that he was INSANE and thus could get an innocent on one of them and know his identity.

This, I believe, proves that I can not be a mafia/goon. Although I suppose it still leaves the possibility open that I am a "Godfather." Quite frankly, I am selfish though, and had I been Godfather I would say "nah, let's let him live cuz if he gets innocent on one of you bastards than I will be more-or-less proven innocent and they won't think he is paranoid." And as Godfather, I would assume I would get to decide who to kill, no?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by armlx »

Waiting on a vote count before voting Cyber, but I enjoy people just attempting to derail logical discussion and kill the confirmed townie. :roll: Guess I know who is first to look at tomorrow.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Blackberry wrote:I'm not going to lie, I don't really have a strategy to figuring this out and I haven't really paid too much attention on scum hunting.
And here's your problem. You're nigh-confirmed town. You could normally use that to make statements that would usually be risky, as you have no fear of lynch, but you've wasted all your credit. Every bit of it. So if you aren't gonna help, then sit down and shut your piehole. The former action should directly cause the latter.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

armlx wrote:I enjoy people just attempting to derail logical discussion and kill the confirmed townie.
a) Please point out the logic in Blackberry's posts. If you were not referring to Blackberry, please point out the logic involved in making a gut call to disbelieve my efforts to contribute.

b) Blackberry is at this point ringing my not-quite-there bells. His last post was so full of WIFOM I'm surprised it doesn't explode, and he freely admits he has been squandering his confirmedness. I wouldn't call his lynch a great one in terms of its value to the town, but I sure as hell wouldn't mind him shutting up if he's only going to dribble all over his keyboard. I suspect that's why Porochaz voted him.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by Blackberry »

What is wrong with just entertaining people? :)

I'm going to help eventually, I promise.

Who is to say my strategy won't help me win though? If I don't do anything mafia won't see me as a threat and I won't be night-killed. If I am confirmed nobody will lynch me. I have a good chance of surviving then if I don't help. Because if I help then mafia will see me as a threat and murder me cuz I'm confirmed and help lots. But if I'm just annoying and no threat to them they might let me live longer (LOL).
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:31 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Blackberry wrote:What is wrong with just entertaining people? :)
Entertaining != pissing off.
Blackberry wrote:I'm going to help eventually, I promise.
There's no time like the present.
Blackberry wrote:Who is to say my strategy won't help me win though? If I don't do anything mafia won't see me as a threat and I won't be night-killed. If I am confirmed nobody will lynch me. I have a good chance of surviving then if I don't help. Because if I help then mafia will see me as a threat and murder me cuz I'm confirmed and help lots. But if I'm just annoying and no threat to them they might let me live longer (LOL).
selfishselfishselfishselfishselfishselfishselfishselfishselfishselfishselfishselfish
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Cyberbob wrote:
Blackberry wrote:What is wrong with just entertaining people? :)
Entertaining != pissing off.
I second this motion. Entertaining implies someone being entertained other than the entertainer (and Iammars, who doesn't count).
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by armlx »

I enjoy his posts to an extent.

Also, here's the entirety of the BB confirmed townie argument.

Mod > You.

1 probably insane cop investigation + 1 confirmed role claim = not a scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”