Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Incognito wrote:When did Adel mention it?
He mentioned the wagon in general, not my specific vote. I think the reason he didn't FoS me was because I brought it up.

======================================================
Votecount #26

opie - 6 (Oman, ChaosOmega, pickemgenius, Xylthixlm, Guardian, Adel)

Guardian - 3 (opie, Incognito, Jitsu)
ChaosOmega - 3 (Patrick, Erg0, Matt_S)

Not voting - 0 (
nobody
)

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
Deadline for D1: Saturday March 1, 10:55AM GMT+10
================================================
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by Incognito »

Matt_S wrote:
He mentioned the wagon in general, not my specific vote. I think the reason he didn't FoS me was because I brought it up.
I think Adel's a
she
not a he. And the point Adel brought up wasn't entirely similar to the same issue that Erg0 and Oman are discussing. Adel seems to be linking both Erg0 and Patrick with opie. opie has now been linked to practically everyone in the game. On the contrary, Erg0 and Oman are discussing the fact that your vote seemed to follow Erg0's, and they found it interesting that you felt the need to explain or at least comment on your choice to place the vote directly after Erg0.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Incognito wrote:
@Xylthixlm:
You mentioned that you're voting for opie as opposed to Guardian because you think he's scummier and is therefore the better wagon. Your additional point against opie was that his sig:noise ratio was too low. What do you think of ChaosOmega? Why is he not a better lynch than opie?
Lynching ChaosOmega will provide almost no information about any other players, because he has barely interacted with anyone. While I'm usually up for a lurker wagon, 2 days from deadline is cutting it a bit close, especially since I doubt CO's wagon will pass Guardian's...
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Incognito »

orly?

Unvote; Vote: ChaosOmega

I encourage others to join the wagon that brings the lurker-scum down to the gallows until his body hangs limp.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by vollkan »

ChaosOmega has picked up his prod.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Incognito wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
I think Adel's a
she
not a he. And the point Adel brought up wasn't entirely similar to the same issue that Erg0 and Oman are discussing. Adel seems to be linking both Erg0 and Patrick with opie. opie has now been linked to practically everyone in the game. On the contrary, Erg0 and Oman are discussing the fact that your vote seemed to follow Erg0's, and they found it interesting that you felt the need to explain or at least comment on your choice to place the vote directly after Erg0.
Sorry, Adel. :( I do seem to recall someone saying she before, but I didn't think too much of it.
I realize that people are looking at me because I mentioned that I didn't see Erg0's vote. What confuses me is that the only other thing to do would be to unvote just because of that, or completely ignore Erg0's vote. Both alternatives seem pretty scummy. I figured by mentioning that I hadn't noticed Erg0's vote it would prevent all the "OMG scum r wagoning" comments. Yeah, it's probably what most scum would do, but I'd think that it'd be what most townies do too.

And now that I think about it, the reason Adel didn't FoS me is probably because he's connected opie to me in the past. :)

And now ChaosOmega can post something.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Yeah, I'm here. About halfway done with my re-read, will post thoughts on each player in a few hours.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:25 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

ChaosOmega wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:You forgot to provide your reasoning.
I didn't forget. I'm just not going to follow up on it too much yet. Besides, there's more of day 1 for me to watch your actions without me saying what actions of yours I'm watching.

Also, you only have 1 vote. Even if I provided a fantastic case, I doubt I could pull enough votes to you to cause a lynch. The plurality is focused on opie, and I think it's a good place to look at the moment, as I haven't liked the tone of his posts. I'll follow up with my suspicions of you once more things clear up.
I'm waiting.

ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

For all you've posted, so much of it is just useless bullshit. You've posted enough to not be labeled a lurker, but all you've done is go after Matt_S and switch over to opie near deadline to make sure he's lynched. However, I'm not sure what to make of this, because I find all 3 of you suspicious. I didn't like the way you switched over, either. You just went, "Oh, we're close to deadline, let me make sure opie gets lynched." It just looks like bussing to me.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:51 am

Post by Patrick »

What about Incognito?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:34 am

Post by vollkan »

Sun sets in 10 hours and 21 minutes
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Incognito »

ChaosOmega wrote:For all you've posted, so much of it is just useless bullshit. You've posted enough to not be labeled a lurker, but all you've done is go after Matt_S and switch over to opie near deadline to make sure he's lynched. However, I'm not sure what to make of this, because I find all 3 of you suspicious. I didn't like the way you switched over, either. You just went, "Oh, we're close to deadline, let me make sure opie gets lynched." It just looks like bussing to me.
This is hardly a player-by-player summary.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

ChaosOmega wrote:For all you've posted, so much of it is just useless bullshit. You've posted enough to not be labeled a lurker, but all you've done is go after Matt_S and switch over to opie near deadline to make sure he's lynched. However, I'm not sure what to make of this, because I find all 3 of you suspicious. I didn't like the way you switched over, either. You just went, "Oh, we're close to deadline, let me make sure opie gets lynched." It just looks like bussing to me.
Correction: "Oh, we're close to deadline, let me make sure Guardian doesn't get lynched."

As for the rest, I encourage everyone to look at my post record and see if they agree with ChaosOmega.

ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:09 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Patrick wrote:What about Incognito?
Getting more of a neutral read on him. In the beginning, the way he was arguing with Guardian struck me as scummy, and even later, he's posted things that just look like distancing. However, looking back through his posts, his arguments have been better and I'm less suspicous of him than I was before. If Guardian turns up scum, though, Incognito will be someone to look at more closely.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:11 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Xylthixlm wrote:Correction: "Oh, we're close to deadline, let me make sure Guardian doesn't get lynched."
Correction: "Oh, we're close to deadline, let me make sure my scumbuddy doesnt get lynched."
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Jitsu »

Post 620:
Xylthixlm wrote:Right now, between Guardian and opie, I have a pretty good feeling on Guardian and a neutral to scummy read on opie. I'm going to stay on the opie wagon because it's the only way to keep Guardian from being deadline lynched.
Post 662:
Xylthixlm wrote:Correction: "Oh, we're close to deadline, let me make sure Guardian doesn't get lynched."
So in 620 you have a "pretty good feeling on Guardian" and a neutral/scummy read on Opie. But in 662, you seem to be insinuating here that ChaosOmega-scum is staying on the Opie wagon to keep Guardian-scum from getting lynched.

Do you have an explanation for this apparent change of heart on Guardian?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

... No. I'm saying that *I* am staying on the opie wagon to keep Guardian from being lynched.

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Guardian »

I don't favor the late CO wagon over the opie wagon.

CO, are you saying you think Xyl is protecting me because we are scum together?

I look forward to your "thoughts on all the players".
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Incognito »

ChaosOmega wrote:
Getting more of a neutral read on him. In the beginning, the way he was arguing with Guardian struck me as scummy, and even later, he's posted things that just look like distancing. However, looking back through his posts, his arguments have been better and I'm less suspicous of him than I was before. If Guardian turns up scum, though, Incognito will be someone to look at more closely.
Question to both ChaosOmega and Matt_S:
What's scummy about the way I attacked Guardian?

I don't see the obsession that you (ChaosOmega) and Adel have to link me with Guardian. I'd hate to get WIFOMy but think about it logically: Guardian was probably one of the least suspicious people at the time that I brought up my massive case against him (Jitsu backed his suspicions down against Guardian and opie was receiving much more attention). Would it make sense for me to suddenly renew suspicions against Guardian if he and I were scum with one another? And I shouldn't just say renew - my case against Guardian was far more elaborate than the initial case raised by both opie and Jitsu. As Killah Nine would say: ah wanted dat Guardian nigga dead.

Btw, stop being so wishy-washy. It'll help reduce the obviousness of you being scum.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Guardian »

Incognito is objectively and non controversially, obviously not scum with me.

He could be scum, but were I scum, I agree completely with his reasoning about that above that he could not be a buddy.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Jitsu »

Xylthixlm wrote:... No. I'm saying that *I* am staying on the opie wagon to keep Guardian from being lynched.
I see what you mean now. My apologies.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Incognito, you should use [wifom] tags for clarity.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Incognito »

Xyl, what's that?
Patrick, what was the point of this question anyway?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:22 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Like this:
Incognito wrote:I don't see the obsession that you (ChaosOmega) and Adel have to link me with Guardian. I'd hate to get WIFOMy but think about it logically: Guardian was probably one of the least suspicious people at the time that I brought up my massive case against him (Jitsu backed his suspicions down against Guardian and opie was receiving much more attention).
[WIFOM]
Would it make sense for me to suddenly renew suspicions against Guardian if he and I were scum with one another? And I shouldn't just say renew - my case against Guardian was far more elaborate than the initial case raised by both opie and Jitsu. As Killah Nine would say: ah wanted dat Guardian nigga dead.
[/WIFOM]

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Patrick »

Incognito wrote:Patrick, what was the point of this question anyway?
Nothing beyond the obvious. He mentioned you as one of the 3 players he found suspicious, and he's "explained" his suspicions of opie and Xyl, so I wondered what he thought of you. I'll reiterate that I don't see the attraction of the Incognito/Guardian pairing.

Regarding the last few posts, I don't see how that's WIFOM. It's just making judgements about how we think scum behave, which is the game of mafia.

It looks like opie is going to be our lynch today. It's a good information giving lynch, but I think he'll more likely than not show up town. If he does, I'll almost guarantee at least one of the lower profile people on his wagon is scum. Erg0's list isn't a bad place to start, pickemgenius could easily be scum too. If opie is scum, I'll have to revise my view of the game slightly, although again, I'd be suprised if there wasn't at least one buser on there. I've read Xyl again, and I think his opie vote looks somewhat lazy considering that there were 5-6 days left until deadline (we got 4 votes on ChaosOmega in far less than that afterall). He had the time to try and get pickem (his suspected obvscum) lynched and go back to opie if that wasn't working, but chose not too.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”