vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by vollkan »

Shaft.ed wrote: You only like it because you were surviving scum. I prefer the game where someone else false claimed a Mason pair with Albert and he went along with it even though both were vanilla.
Mini 436 was funny, too. If you aren't aware, on D1 ABR (doctor) claimed he was a psychopath variant that would kill the person who hammered him and let him kill a person of his choice. He was then killed N1 and the town lost its doc.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by cicero »

From Doctor Who Mafia
ABR wrote:I'm a cop. Or more precisely, I am Doctor Who himself. This is a serious claim. I investigated Cicero Night 0, I found scum. I was role-blocked yesterday while trying to investigate MoS. I breadcrumbed my guilty on Cicero here:

ABR wrote: Alright guys, 24 hours til deadline, I am not a cop I am a tracker. Cicero DID visit Adel last night. Throughout this day I was left believing that he was a SK. Now, you have less than 24 hours as of this post to decide what to do with this information.

All comments on my play will land on deaf ears. BTW I call this ploy the reverse Kokusho's Gambit. /joke

Taffmaster wrote: Well that is indeed strange as my role is tracker. How often does the town have two?

Also for those who didnt catch the breadcrumb earlier, it was the first letter of each sentance.

Taffmaster wrote:I'm Elton Pope.

ABR wrote:I am Elton Pope. The Second.

Taffmaster wrote:Awesome. Whats up bro?

Mod wrote: The final body was also innocent, and had an equally mysterious cause of death, but someone few people would be sorry to see die. For as in reality, as in mafia persona, this body was perhaps the most annoying force ever to reach mass media systems.
Yes, it could only be the irrepressible, ABR.

Albert B. Rampage (Jackie Tyler) - Vanilla Townie has been Killed
I lived.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:55 am

Post by Adel »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
I don't even have to read it. Mafia 471, in terms of lying townies, beats it hands down. ABR, rightly, had me nailed as GF. D3, Kravhen (completely of his own accord) claimed a watcher role that he didn't have and said he saw me go to the house of the guy who died. When the cop came out with an innocent on me, Kravhen changed to being a mason with ABR (completely fake) who
backs his claim
. In the space of a single day, 2 people made 3 fake claims (we ended up lynching somebody else anyway ftw)

In all seriousness, lynching someone pregame to be historic or to balance the setup is purely asinine. Unless we break the setup (which I doubt Guardian would allow, and has the capability to change so that it is no longer broken) were essentially just losing a townie and a player. Shame on Adel/Lawrencelot
unvote, vote:NabNab

he somehow knows that cicero is a townie. He must be scum who knows that cicero is not part of his faction. I can't believe he fell for my trap! Lets lynch him with haste!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:33 am

Post by vollkan »

Jackie Tyler
Complete and utter scum.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:43 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm not modkilled yet?

Cowardly mod.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Guardian »

Notice

The deadline for Pregame has come and gone. No one was lynched. No special activities were completed.

I'm about to receive a bunch of shipments that will aid in your play of this game, I'll put them on display as they come in, or maybe wait until the start of day one...

Roles are about to go out to players who have none. I'll spend 30 minutes or so making a final check of the roles, and then send them out to everyone. Oh, and someone will be modkilled. DGB is just
asking
for it...

Role/alignment reveal upon death will be... different... in this game.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Guardian »

Warning

All players now have roles.

I repeat, all players now have roles.

Again, if you have any questions about your role, I highly encourage you to PM me and ask. Most roles are complex and/or tricky. I hope you all live long and enjoy the role I've selected for you.

Well, all but one of you. A modkill will be coming soon...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Guardian »

Modkill(s)

Alright, time time has almost come. A modkill will now happen...

I grind my axe, sharpening and honing the blade. I know that you are wary, and I'll only have once chance to truly do this right. As I manipulate the grindstone, I think about all of you, and a few players come to mind as especially deserving of a premature exit from the game. The axe is sharp. I head out into the night, towards the place I have left you gahtered.

For all my previous conspicuousness, you don't notice as I sneak up behind your circle of discussion. Pondering your individual merits, I take note of each player, wondering who should be removed from the game. I've made my first selection. I know who I've decided should no longer be among the living.

I let out a barbaric yell, and you all turn and look at me, faces in terror. The face of the one who I was directly behind is positively morbid; he knows his fate. I swiftly raise my axe to its apex, continuing my blood curdling scream -- and time stops. As you watch in terror, you know the first of the modkills is about to happen...

...in about a day. I'm fairly set on the first player to be killed... but there may be multiple. And none of you is safe from my axe.

Many of you have petitioned for certain players or others to be killed. Many of you have voted me, to my
great
displeasure.

Some of you have even lurked heavily in the pre-game, and yet, in my great benevolence, I've sent you some cool roles... Even non-town roles... Yet you've wasted most of pregame, and tested your mod's patience. Are you a player that has tested it too far?

Now is the time to be questioning your pregame actions -- could you have done more? Should you have sent me more PMs? Should you be begging me right now for me to spare you?

Some self-examination is in order. Are you worthy to be spared? Or will you get the axe? I leave you with these thoughts. The murder will continue in about a day's time...

Do you think you deserve death? Well, what
you
think doesn't really matter. It all depends on what
I
pick.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Guardian »

Axing(s) and Day 1

The modkill is about to happen...

I swing my axe down. You hear thunder in the distance, over the ocean, not too far away from your tidal cliff. You see the lightning reflected off my axe as I bring it down towards my unwitting victim's head. I'm about to chop her head clean off, leaving nothing but a bloody stump behind...

But DrippingGoofBall dodges at the last minute! My axe is no longer on a collision course with her neck -- it strikes her oblong, oversized, ridiculous watermelon head, and becomes lodged there. I let go of my axe in shock -- and the momentum from my swing causes her to go head over heels, rolling towards the cliff. You all scream in terror as she leaves a trail of watermelon juice and seeds behind, and rush after her as she tumbles towards the precipice.

You almost catch up with her, but alas, she is just out of reach of your outstretched hands as she tumbles towards the water. You can't see her, though you hear a THWOP-like sound, which you can only speculate is the sound of her fruit-filled body dropping into the ocean.

DrippingGoofBall was modkilled. Obviously, she did not make sense.

As the shock wears off, you glance back at me, and see the fury in my eyes. I'd intended to kill more than one of you today... But my axe is now gone. DrippingGoofBall had literally been asking for it, but there were a few more who were quite deserving... With no weapon, I set up the packages I'd brought with me... They are described in the opening posts.

Furious, and filled with bloodlust, I shout out to you "know that
Saturday, March 22, noon is your deadline
. 7 will lynch." I storm off in a fit of rage, leaving you to your own devices.... The sun rises, and you begin discussing what to do with yourselves in this strange place...
Do not lynch me.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:03 am

Post by cicero »

I don't see packages exactly but I think the mod means this, it's in post two or three:
Moderator wrote: Surroundings

Day 1
The meter has 12 vertical holes, and 2 pegs are inserted in it, at positions 3 and 5, counting up from the ground.

The TV is on, and fully functional. There is minimal static.

The cage is empty.

Pikachu wanders about, casting small sparks.

The weather is stormy. There is no wind.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Shouldn't it be 6 to lynch?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Hmmm

12 pegs might be a player list. "From the ground" is vague, and it might not be based on the 1st post list.

If it is, the two "pegged" players are either Adel and Rogueben or Paradoxombie and hasdgfas.

Nothing else means anything to me. I was going to point out that stormy weather - wind doesn't make sense, but then I remembered.

Vote: Rogueben
. Why no pregame participation?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Gaurdian implied the some people recieved roles early. Perhaps the scum did?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

NabNab, does your role make sense?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I propose a massclaim at some point. We'll lynch whoever has the most normal role. :D

Actually, that could be a little dangerous. We don't know what Guardian is planning... >.<
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

xyzzy wrote:I propose a massclaim at some point. We'll lynch whoever has the most normal role. :D

Actually, that could be a little dangerous. We don't know what Guardian is planning... >.<
I think that would be a good idea.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Adel »

i'm against massclaiming.
vote:xyzzy
for suggesting it.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Adel, why are you against massclaiming? Because you are scum and have nothing to claim?

vote Adel
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by vollkan »

Xtoxm wrote: Shouldn't it be 6 to lynch?
There are 11 alive...so it should be 6 to lynch.
Xtoxm wrote:
xyzzy wrote:I propose a massclaim at some point. We'll lynch whoever has the most normal role. :D

I think that would be a good idea.
/third
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Adel »

you sir are not aware of the world you exist within. There easily could be a benefit for scum resulting from a massclaim, and are several reasons a scum player might suggest one.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by cicero »

I generally operate on the basic principle that massclaiming before the doc(s) seem dead helps scum. After that it helps town.

My role is plenty weird but if I look through it I can certainly see basics of mafia there. This is a forum game there's only so much you can do. So the real question is, what makes this game fundamentally different from other games. What makes the perils of day one claiming any different in this game than in other games. And finally what makes you think it'll help? Mods are getting better and better at making sure their games are mass claim proof. I know of at least one game I'm in, with Adel, where a mass claim has done exactly nothing to help.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Xtoxm wrote:NabNab, does your role make sense?
Kinda, but I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not.

Let's just say I figured out what "Historical Disfigurements" means.

IMO, massclaiming would give scum a major advantage. Let's think about this for a second.

1) Both the flavor and powers of every role in the game are likely to be non-standard. It's not like this is a situation where we can pick out which Stargate franchise a role is from or whether or not a cop would be balanced in this setup. It would be incredibly easy for scum to fakeclaim with few or no repercussions.
2) Assuming all members of the town claim accurately, we're taking away the best weapon the town has in this setup, surprise. Every player in this game likely has a role that can do something unexpected. If we have good timing and good instincts, we should be able to do it when the scum aren't expecting it, but if everybody's role is out there in the thread, the scum can plan ahead and will never be caught off-guard.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by vollkan »

NabNab wrote: 1) Both the flavor and powers of every role in the game are likely to be non-standard. It's not like this is a situation where we can pick out which Stargate franchise a role is from or whether or not a cop would be balanced in this setup. It would be incredibly easy for scum to fakeclaim with few or no repercussions.
True. The mass claim in Stargate caused many problems for the scum groups (until I made up a good fakeclaim). Here, however, the range of possible roles is huge and you're right that there probably won't be any clear-cut method of differentiation.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Why no pre-game talking? Frankly I saw nothing to talk about. I had no role, Guardian was telling us to be paranoid, but what of?

Anyway I think that mass-claiming is not the right move at the start of day one. Guardian is not an idiot and will have most likely designed the game to avoid mass-claims being that useful.

Basically I agree with adel.

Vote: xyzzy
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

NabNab has what I believe to be an excellent post about the dangers of massclaim. In addition, who is to say that scum don't have powers that would normally be pro-town but due to this game and its insanity, a scum actually has them?

I will
vote: xtoxm
and
FoS: vollkan
because I believe that it's scummier to agree with a not-necessarily well-thought-through plan than suggest it, because the one suggesting it might honestly think it is the best thing, while others can more easily see flaws with the plan.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”