TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by TylerJ »

asking for replacement
sorry guys. Finals coming up and mlay production is nearing show time.
├óÔé¼┼ôVery few of us are what we seem.├óÔé¼
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:41 am

Post by Skruffs »

Well as unhelpful as he may be, I'm sure that if he is town, he's playing at the best of his ability. HE's taking the risk of getting lynched by choosign to act how he does; I'm sure he's considering that. Maybe he has something up his sleeve.

LIKE A GUN OMG KILL HIM!!!

Ha. But really, how he chooses to play the game isn't for us to judge, avinashv.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:18 am

Post by pwayne66 »

... I think destructor is a better lynch, though I admire and approve of the attempt to get certain players to play the game, destructor's push for an FA lynch is too opportunistic for my liking considering the scrutiny he/she was facing when the BAMWagon started rolling.

Vote:Destructor
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:59 am

Post by avinashv »

Possibly yes, that did occur to me. But I'm just finding his posts not as anti-town as some others. This is going to take forever...
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

Lowell is a close 2nd as far as doing diddlydick this game. Isolate his posts if you like. Contentless posts every few days along with a couple of incidents of chiding other players for not following through with a lynch.

He has pushed ryan since he came in while providing no reason and has seemed to have a seat of every trendy wagon along the way. And he is under the radar.

FOS:Lowell
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Lowell »

D1 under the radar. Wow, that means a lot...

And FTR, my ryan lynch is a good idea.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by avinashv »

Ryan's gone...
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by JDodge »

destructor wrote:Yes, I'm advocating Flame's lynch based on his playstyle in this game. Like I said, I don't see the fact that he's consistent about it to be a reason not to lynch him. I probably wouldn't be so ruthless about this if we weren't playing an open mountainous game where if we're going to mislynch, it's best we do it on the weakest links, which is what will logically happen anyway, so long as the town plays well.
Why should we even be mislynching in the first place? It's like... you
know
Flameaxe isn't scum.
destructor wrote:I don't believe there are universal scum-tells and understand why people metagame and how it's useful, but my stance on Flameaxe isn't about the metagame anyway. He's being evasive, unhelpful and so by proxy scummy or at the very least extremely anti-town. How is this
not
a reason to support his lynch?
If you don't believe there are universal scumtells, but also don't believe that you can find tells by metagaming, then how the hell do you scumhunt? Pick random names out of a hat? Look into a crystal ball and the info becomes clear? I know from experience that this does not work in the least.
destructor wrote:His self-vote was ridiculous. If he's town, he was sabotaging the game and should have just gotten himself replaced. Otherwise, he's scum. But he's unvoted now and is apparently staying in. If he keeps his current behaviour in this game up, I'll keep my vote on him.
I'll tell you whether the self-vote is a town or scum tell soon enough.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by JDodge »

avinashv wrote:(1) Being an asshole - there's no good pro-town reason to do that. If you're town, then you're calling attention to yourself and letting the real scum stay out of the way and survive another day. It's stupid--whether you're town or not, it's worth lynching so that you don't disrupt the game any further.
(2) Bringing past prejudices into this game - same reasons as above.
(3) Bullshit day-cop claims.
(4) No-reason votes or trying to start BW (Feb 01, your 10th post, Feb 23, your 15th post).

Get off your damn high horse. And get replaced, or play the game properly. You don't want to be here, and very few people want you here with the way you are playing right now.
Would you be willing to lynch Flameaxe on this even if he was town?
stream

avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by avinashv »

avinashv wrote:It's stupid--
whether you're town or not
, it's worth lynching so that you don't disrupt the game any further.
And we'll find out soon enough? That's scummy---there isn't any reason for you not to say something that could defend a townie (if that is in fact the case) that you couldn't say it now.
FoS: JDodge
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by destructor »

I don't really understand why there's a wagon on me, so I'm going to read back and see what I can find to defend myself against.
JDodge wrote:Why should we even be mislynching in the first place? It's like... you
know
Flameaxe isn't scum.
Don't get retarded. Read it again:
destructor wrote:I probably wouldn't be so ruthless about this if we weren't playing an open mountainous game where
if
we're going to mislynch, it's best we do it on the weakest links, which is what will logically happen anyway, so long as the town plays well.
I'm not saying we should mislynch even in the slightest and I find it suspicious that you'd suggest so. Why should we sit by as player refuses to contribute and allow us to gain an informed idea of their alignment? The only responsible thing for the town to do is force them into activity, which hasn't really worked here.

What I can discern form this is that if Flameaxe is town, he's being an asshole who's trying to screw the game up for everyone else or he's scum, waiting for the heat to die away. Since we can't know what the deal really is until he contribues, I see no reasons to disband the wagon.

Mod:
Does Flameaxe still want to be replaced?
JDodge wrote:If you don't believe there are universal scumtells, but also don't believe that you can find tells by metagaming, then how the hell do you scumhunt? Pick random names out of a hat? Look into a crystal ball and the info becomes clear? I know from experience that this does not work in the least.
I think metagaming can be revealing, but I just don't want to rely on it much and don't have an unending faith in "tells" at all. It could be personal preference. I've said it a few times in other places that I try to be as fluid in my playstyle as possible. If, of example, I'm doing this well, then metaing me would be fruitless. Also, if universal scumtells don't exist and meatgaming is the only way to find scum, then newbies are apparently unreadable.

This is getting into MD terrain, but if I had to try and sum it up - I depend on context and the assumption that every pro-town player will not do anything that is intentionally detrimental to their win-condition when scum-hunting. I don't assume it's a great technique, but I like it, I'm honing it, and it seems to be working more than not.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:25 am

Post by Lowell »

avinashv wrote:Ryan's gone...
Oh, crap, you're right.

unvote
. Now I have to think about this, I guess.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:41 am

Post by destructor »

Lowell, your vote was on Flameaxe, not ryan... O_o
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Skruffs »

meatgaming
lol
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:38 am

Post by destructor »

oops

It's funny, because it's almost what it is.. as in, you're trying to get a read of a player based on "external" factors... like meat.. meatworld...

>.>
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:40 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Flameaxe - avinashv, destructor
pwayne66 -
pickemgenius -
Jdodge -
ThSweatpantsNinja -
Elmo -
Skruffs -
Lowell -
destructor - pickemgenius, pwayne66
avinashv - Elmo
Not Voting -JDodge, TheSweatpantsNinja, Flameaxe, Skruffs, Lowell

with 10 alive, 6 votes makes death
Last edited by UltimaAvalon on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:49 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

TheSweatpantsNinja replaces TylerJ
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Elmo »

Lazy mode atm.

Lowell: How is Flameaxe acting differently to when you saw him as town? Preferably with a reference to the game(s) in question? I've consistently failed to get anything out of either JDodge or Flameaxe when I've played with them, personally.

JDodge, Flameaxe, PEG, Lowell: Are you happy with the progress you feel we've made towards finding scum, so far?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

No.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Vote Destructor

Now how do you feel FLameaxe?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Better.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by JDodge »

Elmo wrote:Lazy mode atm.

Lowell: How is Flameaxe acting differently to when you saw him as town? Preferably with a reference to the game(s) in question? I've consistently failed to get anything out of either JDodge or Flameaxe when I've played with them, personally.

JDodge, Flameaxe, PEG, Lowell: Are you happy with the progress you feel we've made towards finding scum, so far?
Yeeees.
stream

TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Initial thoughts:

I read through day 1 and started thinking "deathsauce is scummy." Then I saw he was lynched. Then I thought, well, tobiassen was scummy, who replaced him? Oh, it was skruffs. He got nightkilled. Finally, I thought, tyler was pretty scummy. And then I replaced him (he's town). So my reads have been pretty bad.

I feel pretty good about avinash and lowell. Or, at least, I prefer this version of lowell to the one I've played with previous.

Flameaxe and jdodge and elmo are intentionally impossible to read, which is annoying, but I don't have any particular reason to vote for them.

I didn't like ryan's play (or ryan, aw snap), and I don't like skruff's play since replacing in Day 2, particularly the reason for voting. Seems like an intentionally distracting reason to give, one that could easily be backed off of if the destructor wagon loses steam.

Unvote if necessary, vote skruffs.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Post by avinashv »

Hey, welcome to the game.

What exactly are you referring to with regards to what Skruffs said? Could you reference a post or quote something please?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Post by avinashv »

I'd like to add that tomorrow I am going on a trip for the weekend and may or may not have Internet access. I should be posting again Sunday.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”