Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Patrick »

I disagree that Erg0 was pseudo claiming anything, and think Guardian has made an entirely too big deal out of it. Even if he had pseudo claimed vanilla, I'm not sure why that would be scummy as opposed to just bad play.
Oman wrote:In fact, if you are scum, I'd say you're setting up for a claim.
You're saying if Erg0 is scum, he was setting himself up to claim vanilla, and was going to point to that as a breadcrumb?

Also, I'm having trouble working out exactly what you think of Erg0, it seems to alternate between thinking he's scum who needs running up tomorrow and thinking he's town.

======================================================
Votecount #24

opie - 5 (Oman, ChaosOmega, pickemgenius, Xylthixlm, Guardian)

Guardian - 4 (opie, Incognito, Jitsu, Adel)
Xylthixlm - 1 (Erg0)
ChaosOmega - 1 (Patrick)

Not voting - 1 ( Matt_S)

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
Deadline for D1: Saturday March 1, 10:55AM GMT+10
================================================
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Adel »

Jitsu wrote:
Adel wrote:
unvote, vote: Guardian

daytalk just ended, and now I think he is scum
Something in the meta, I assume? Can you elaborate?
his play is awefully consistant regardlesss of his alignment. My opinion of him in this game changed very quickly after I read his post at 593
Guardian wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Adel wrote:
5. Guardian has been scum in two of our previous games together, and I have a strong intuitive suspicion of him which is at least partially based upon experience.

And in either of those games, did you figure out I was scum? Also, in how many games in which I was town have you identified me as scum? Sharing a partial meta is more than slightly deceptive. In my experience, Adel is pretty inconsistent at determining my alignment.
For the record, Open 59, Daytalk, which just ended, was heavy on my mind when I posted this, since I was scum and Adel was town in that game and we were PM-ing and she was trying to collaborate with me to get a townie lynched.
He is trying to undermine whatever authority other players might think I have in determining correctly that he is scum.

If he is town I eexpect scum players to join me on his wagon any second now...
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Guardian »

Adel wrote:He is trying to undermine whatever authority other players might think I have in determining correctly that he is scum.
Yes, I am. Unabashedly. I love playing with you, but in terms of determining my alignment -- you're pretty bad at it.

I would hate for people to follow you in lynching me, or in being assured I was town. Both are equally silly actions.

Seriously, you'd do better to just assume I'm town and work with it.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Incognito »

I've read up on the recent stuff with respect to Erg0, and I'm puzzled as to why Guardian and Oman seem to think Erg0's comment about lynching him if opie and Matt_S come back as scum is a scummy comment. Erg0 has mentioned that a number of the votes that have piled onto the opie wagon have been wagonny. He's also mentioned that he's not completely sold on the case and mentioned what he thinks the case on opie boils down to:
Erg0, in his 43rd post, wrote:Again, my point is that saying "we shouldn't have another claim on day 1" is not an excuse for a bad lynch. If I think that someone else is scum then I see no harm in getting a claim from them, regardless of how many players have claimed previously.

Generally, I am concerned that the current arguments in favour of hammering opie seem to boil down to "that wasn't a bad day 1, let's kill the guy with the most votes and get on with things".
Because of these facts, it follows logically to me that Erg0 believes this wagon could be scum-pushed and that opie is likely to be town. His comment seems more like a bet to me than some slip that he knows their alignment: "I'm willing to bet my own life that opie and Matt_S don't come back as scum if lynched". The arguments made by Oman and Guardian as of recent where they both go as far as to include HoS's seem like a complete straw man of Erg0 to me.

There was something that Guardian mentioned earlier though that seems more likely to imply that Guardian has some implied knowledge about opie's alignment than Ergo's comment:
Guardian, in post 555, wrote:As for putting it back on: opie is my top choice right now,
and I am as responsible as anyone for his lynch
, but there are some lines of discussion people are bringing up I'd like to pan out before a lynch.
To mention that you are "as responsible as anyone for his lynch", it seems to me like you
know
that opie will appear as town once he's lynched and it seems almost like you're paving the way for your Day 2 defense for if/when this occurs.

Aside from that, I found myself liking Patrick's vote on ChaosOmega. I've read up on some of ChaosOmega's past games where he's been scum, and I've noticed that he was just as lurker-ish in them as he has been in this game.

@pickemgenius:
What are your current feelings about ChaosOmega and Oman in this game? What are your current feelings about Guardian in this game?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Adel »

Incognito wrote:
Guardian, in post 555, wrote:As for putting it back on: opie is my top choice right now,
, but there are some lines of discussion people are bringing up I'd like to pan out before a lynch.
To mention that you are "as responsible as anyone for his lynch", it seems to me like you
know
that opie will appear as town once he's lynched and it seems almost like you're paving the way for your Day 2 defense for if/when this occurs.
I don't think it is scummy for Guardian to do this, for whatever that is worth. That would just be Guardian being Guardian.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Guardian »

Incognito wrote:
know
Whatever. If I didn't say this,then someone would say "OH, but you are tryingto look less suspicious if opie is town -- so you KNOW he is town and you are trying to get out of being suspicious kekekeke".

So I'm not sure what I could have said or not said there to make you happy.

This of course assumes opie is town, which I'm not at all sold on. If he is scum, will you find me significantly less suspicious, Incognito?
Do not lynch me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by Adel »

question: has Guardian had a strong wagon on him yet in this game?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Guardian »

I've had 4, tied with opie or 1 behind, and thought I'd have to claim. I consider the wagon on me right now to be "strong". So yes.
Do not lynch me.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Erg0 »

He had 4 votes on him at one point. Not sure whether that fits your definition of strong.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Incognito »

Guardian wrote:This of course assumes opie is town, which I'm not at all sold on. If he is scum, will you find me significantly less suspicious, Incognito?
Not significantly less suspicious but certainly less suspicious. I feel like Adel's case and the subsequent opie-wagon spurred off of your backhanded response to opie's/Jitsu's case against you from way earlier in the game. Your response was too slippery to fall into the realm of busing, in my eyes.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I need to work on my wpm.
V/LA most weekends.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Incognito »

Adel wrote:question: has Guardian had a strong wagon on him yet in this game?
Not strong enough. I think he should be at L-1 right now.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:I've had 4, tied with opie or 1 behind, and thought I'd have to claim. I consider the wagon on me right now to be "strong". So yes.
I bet if an objective person were to look through all of guardian's lynchings (everytime he got the noose) he would tend to post more when he is scum relative to when he is town.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Now we just have to find an objective person.

Was that supposed to prompt someone to do the analysis, or are you asserting that your hypothesis is true?
V/LA most weekends.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Adel »

I suppose it could be collaborative. We could break up the larger analysis into pieces, and each help out. Wanna help?
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Not really, I doubt it would provide a result that was worth the effort. Guardian sure posted plenty when he got close to lynch in Big Love, and he was town there.
V/LA most weekends.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by Guardian »

Adel wrote:
Guardian wrote:I've had 4, tied with opie or 1 behind, and thought I'd have to claim. I consider the wagon on me right now to be "strong". So yes.
I bet if an objective person were to look through all of guardian's lynchings (everytime he got the noose) he would tend to post more when he is scum relative to when he is town.
Check Big Love Mafia and 24 Mafia. I'd think the reverse is true, actually, I tend to complain more as town. In the past. I'm pretty sick of complaining though, it is bad for my emotional health.
Do not lynch me.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Incognito wrote:
@pickemgenius:
What are your current feelings about ChaosOmega and Oman in this game? What are your current feelings about Guardian in this game?
1. who?
2. Oman is aussie, it's hard to keep track of him, nothing unusual in what i see however.
3. I think Guardian is pretty town as i have said earlier.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Incognito »

pickemgenius wrote:1. who?
2. Oman is aussie, it's hard to keep track of him, nothing unusual in what i see however.
Riiiiiiiiight. What the hell does Oman being Aussie have to do with his alignment?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Incognito wrote:
Riiiiiiiiight. What the hell does Oman being Aussie have to do with his alignment?

Aussies are backwards.

You obviously missed reading the last part of that sentence.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Incognito wrote:Not significantly less suspicious but certainly less suspicious. I feel like Adel's case and the subsequent opie-wagon spurred off of your backhanded response to opie's/Jitsu's case against you from way earlier in the game. Your response was too slippery to fall into the realm of busing, in my eyes.
All this talk of who might be bussing who on day 1 makes my eyes glaze over. It's interesting to speculate on, but without any alignment info it's essentially shooting in the dark.

Right now, between Guardian and opie, I have a pretty good feeling on Guardian and a neutral to scummy read on opie. I'm going to stay on the opie wagon because it's the only way to keep Guardian from being deadline lynched.

I just did a review of Matt_S's recent posts, and it appears he hasn't done anything scummy in the last wee- er, the last couple d- well, in his last two posts. I'm oddly disappointed.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Incognito »

pickemgenius wrote:
Incognito wrote:

Aussies are backwards.

I read the entire sentence and it made no damn sense. Erg0's an Aussie too. Does that mean it's hard to keep track of him also?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:58 am

Post by vollkan »

Deadline will arrive in approximately 27 hours
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:04 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Incognito wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:
Incognito wrote:

Aussies are backwards.

I read the entire sentence and it made no damn sense. Erg0's an Aussie too. Does that mean it's hard to keep track of him also?
you never asked me about erg0....

I know Oman moreso than erg0.
I know Oman does crazier shit then erg0, and erg0 is a secret aussie his backwardness is easier to keep track of.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Erg0 »

Unvote, Vote: ChaosOmega

This probably has a better shot at getting to a lynch in 27 hours than a Xyl wagon does.
V/LA most weekends.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”