MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by MeMe »

Follow your own link, then look two posts up at the post to which I was responding.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by MeMe »

Great. Top of the page lends itself to even
more
misinterpretation. Just to make sure it's clear:
Beep! Beep! wrote:
MeMe wrote:
Beep! Beep! wrote:
3. MeMe

MeMe seems to think that there was a possibility that Farside22 may be the Jester.
Back this up, please.
Of course. http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 948#930948
Follow the link you provided, look two posts up, and you'll see that I was responding to RW asking me why I prefer voting farside to JDGA (you).
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by Beep! Beep! »

I thought you meant farside22. I was confused for a minute because you also mentioned QuickBen, but then I read again, and I thought you did mean farside after all. So who did you believe was the Jester then? My predecessor?
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Beep! Beep! »

MeMe, I hope you are not hanging on a small detail that was unclear to dismiss the entirety of my case. If we take away my misconception that you might have thought farside22 was a Jester, we are still left with the following:

"Wishy-washy, lurkerish, keeps being mentioned by Farside22. They also mention Holy a lot along with MeMe, but Holy seems rather noob town, so I believe they are draggin her in the mud as an easy target. Deadline voted Monkey no explanation given. Talitha wrote: "So my vote is staying on farside - my gut just says she is scum. The way MeMe is flirting with voting her, but really doesn't want to be voting her, is suspicious to me too, but that could possibly be paranoia on my part. " Maybe that's why Talitha had to die. Note to self: MeMe also mentioned QuickBen, like RossWilliam did. "
Beep! Beep!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by MeMe »

First -- there's no way that you could've possibly thought I meant farside. I said that the person in question had come in, accused me of lurking, and disappeared. I also reiterated a couple of other times (here and here) that I didn't want JDGA lynched because his joker likelihood seemed high to me. Your obvious intelligence coupled with your habit of misinterpretation is doing nothing to make me think you don't hold the jester card.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for dismissing your "case"? That's not a case -- it's just a bunch of words. Watch this, I can do it too:

Beep! Beep!

List maker -- something anti-town roles do all the time to look helpful. Lists obviously aren't honest or she'd vote those she names as her tops suspects.

Accuses broadly -- eventually one of her accusations might stick...but seems unconcerned who that actually might be. So, possibly just trying to piss enough people off so that she'll actually be lynched herself, making her jester possibility high.

Gets facts clearly stated in the thread altogether wrong or applies too much meaning to them (as in the case with al_ko "clearing" Pooky).

Demands specific content from others while stalling when asked to do the same. If the tasks are easy enough for her to think someone else should be able to do them, why are they so hard for her?

Chases the spotlight...which is another reason to think she holds an "important" role that doesn't need to protect itself (i.e. jester).

alko (cop) suggested that wolfcrier/Beep! Beep! be killed overnight for fear of being the jester.

Talitha (townie) thought that wolfcrier should be pressured because something was "definitely up" and later renewed vote on Beep! Beep! where it stayed until the end of Day 2.

Monkey (doctor) had his vote on JDGA/Beep! Beep! at the end of Day 2.

And, wow. That's actually quite a bit better than just a "collection of words."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will go ahead and blow down your word collection because I'm awesome like that.
Beep! Beep! wrote:Wishy-washy
Borderline slanderous. I've voted who I thought needed to be voted & unvoted when I thought that's what should be done. Most of my reasons (beyond early random) were stated in the thread and I've been consistent in my suspicions, documenting mind-changes when they occured.
Beep! Beep! wrote:lurkerish
I'm reading/contributing and somehow managing to do so without verbiage. How cool is that?
Beep! Beep! wrote:Keeps being mentioned by farside22
And
you
keep being mentioned by people you claim to believe are scum -- can't accuse me for this "point" without accusing yourself for the same. So, this is looking like binder to beef up your paragraph on me.
Beep! Beep! wrote:Deadline voted Monkey no explanation given
Context is key here. My vote switch was to keep you (the competing wagon) from being lynched. Can you remember the reason I didn't want JDGA/you lynched? See, the reason
was
given, just
earlier
. And, just a little observation: how can you claim a vote switch that saved your role from being lynched as part of a case against me? Logic dictates that only a jester or scum would consider it against town interests to be saved...
Beep! Beep! wrote:Talitha wrote: "So my vote is staying on farside - my gut just says she is scum. The way MeMe is flirting with voting her, but really doesn't want to be voting her, is suspicious to me too, but that could possibly be paranoia on my part. " Maybe that's why Talitha had to die.
I'll, once again, direct your attention to the fact that Talitha ended Day 2 with a vote on
you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, to the thread at large
: I'm thinking it's probably to the point that it's worthwhile to consider a couple of jester possibilities and direct night kills in their direction. If, say, the majority name me as most likely to be jester, we tell scum to kill me overnight and resolve to lynch me if I'm not dead in the morning...basically, we can control the mafia kill in this way (I know that scum might not "obey," but they also don't want the jester LYNCHED, so they
should
obey). I've been thinking about what Talitha said about scum trying to look jesterish to keep the noose away and this should discourage that behavior or at least take away our fear of lynching them as, if they're not dead, they're
scum
, as doc obviously won't protect the town's nightkill choice.

Please poke holes in this plan if I'm missing something obvious.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by MeMe »

Oh! Roleblocker. But if the plan works otherwise, blocker just shouldn't block?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:15 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Vote: MeMe
Permanent V/LA.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:11 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Beep! Beep! wrote:MeMe, I hope you are not hanging on a small detail that was unclear to dismiss the entirety of my case. If we take away my misconception that you might have thought farside22 was a Jester, we are still left with the following:

"Wishy-washy, lurkerish, keeps being mentioned by Farside22. They also mention Holy a lot along with MeMe, but Holy seems rather noob town, so I believe they are draggin her in the mud as an easy target. Deadline voted Monkey no explanation given. Talitha wrote: "So my vote is staying on farside - my gut just says she is scum. The way MeMe is flirting with voting her, but really doesn't want to be voting her, is suspicious to me too, but that could possibly be paranoia on my part. " Maybe that's why Talitha had to die. Note to self: MeMe also mentioned QuickBen, like RossWilliam did. "

You keep bringing up this point against me that I talked about QuickBen. However, you neglect to mention that I only talked about QuickBen because i was specifically asked to talk about QuickBen! Therefore, this point is bogus. Total bogus. Like I'm finding a great deal of your stuff at this point.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:04 am

Post by MeMe »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Vote: MeMe
OK....

If you're saying there's a problem with my plan, please point it out because I'm starting to fall in love with it.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:16 am

Post by Thesp »

Official D3 Vote Count

Note:
Cult of the Couch Members:
1 (tyhess)

farside22 - 6
(Holy, Beep! Beep!, Battle Mage, PookyTheMagicalBear, RossWilliam, MeMe)
Holy - 1
(farside22)
PookyTheMagicalBear - 1
(Iammars)
MeMe - 1
(Mastermind of Sin)

Not Voting - 5
(
Cult of the Couch (1)
, AmeliaSlay, hasdgfas, petroleumjelly, curiouskarmadog)

With 14 alive, it's 8 to lynch.

Replacing AmeliaSlay and tyhess.
Last edited by Thesp on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:42 am

Post by Holy »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Beep! Beep! wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:Beep, were is that scum list you said you would post?
I want to do a good job. Later today.
care to address the rest of my post?
Holy wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:Holy, why do you feel that Beep Beep could be the jester?
BeepBeep predecessor was wolfcrier, if you read wolfcrier's posts, you'll found that he was saying things with a faint contradictory almost on his every post, like saying that he found someone was scummy but refuse to vote him at the same time. That kind of action seems like asking to be lynch for me.
but you feel like Beep is making perfect sense? if not, what dont you agree with in reference to anything he has been saying lately (note: both of you are push for farside's lynch)...also, Holy did you know about the game cards before the game started?
I know nothing about the cards before the game started. :?:
She listed her scum with scum scores... Umm, no, I don't think she's making perfect sense, but I must admit, her efforts analyzing this town residents are quite good, at the same time she poked almost everyone with it though.
Why should I agree with Beep? I don't think I understand your question. Let me say this once again, with 3 deaths last night, dead doc, and farside's wishy-washy PBPA, and the fact she survived the night, simply, I think she might be scum.

farside22 wrote:
Side note for Holy
. You were the one who brought up the day before me being alive would make you think more about me. Did that not click that either (a) you look scummie for said comment or (b) giving something to the scum to use for the next day lynch? Just curious.
Yeah, right, are you asking me or just want to stating me as either (a) or (b), there?
Because it never cross my mind if scum would let a doc live for another day, so if you were telling the truth about your claim, I don't think there will be tomorrow for you. But if you survived the next day, there's possibility scum was roleblocked, plus if this morning we deal with no death or only one death, I might consider you were telling the truth and won't vote you, but the fact is, we deal with 3 deaths this morning and we discovered a doc, i.e. Monkey.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:46 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

How many people knew about how to look at the cards before Talitha sent the link?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:56 am

Post by farside22 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:How many people knew about how to look at the cards before Talitha sent the link?
I think people who played at thesp knew. (shrug).
@Holy: Still not getting my point. I'm the lynch already expect to be lynched. Making a point for people to look at tomorrow upon my death when I come up exactly as I stated I would.
@Beep, Beep: I came up with the top four on your request because you highlighted my comment about expecting to be lynched and turned it into a case to find scum. Holy is far from a noob. She has played in many games stop using that as an excuse.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Farside22, to whom I ascribe a small probability of being Jester, can be taken care of tonight, or later.

MeMe's analysis is so obviously far off the mark, it gives her away. For instance, I asked Farside22 to list 7 players she felt were suspicious. I never rushed her, or gave a deadline. She could have taken a few days too, if she needed it.

The take home message is that MeMe is giving the scum (a group I believe she might belong to) an "excuse" for the nightkill she might be planning as scum, i.e., by painting me as the Jester. Painted as the Jester, no one would look back at my posts after my death, and wonder if the scum feared I might have hit too many bullseyes, and had to kill me. *Maybe*

Is she considering the possibility that farside22 or CKD might me Jesters? No. Just me. Because I'm in the spotlight, scumhunting to the best of my abilities. It should be clear what is wrong with that.

unvote, vote: MeMe
Beep! Beep!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:16 am

Post by hasdgfas »

scummily scumhunting.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:19 am

Post by Holy »

@CKD: if I need to, I can (I knew how), with right clicking the picture\view. When Talitha sent the link, it just reminded me of it.

@farside: yeah, well, tomorrow is tomorrow. And today I just want to make it clear about the reason why we need to lynch you, scum.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

im intrigued at MoS's vote.

Reason?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:55 am

Post by MeMe »

hehe. I
hope
you are not hanging on a small detail that was unclear to dismiss the entirety of my case. :)

You still have a LOT to answer for -- saying my case is "so far off the mark" and then only addressing the farside portion is pretty funny -- especially since you did so
incorrectly
MeMe wrote:Demands specific content from others while stalling when asked to do the same. If the tasks are easy enough for her to think someone else should be able to do them, why are they so hard for her?
...where did I say that you gave her a deadline? Nowhere -- but you know perfectly well that you DID pressure her.
Beep! Beep!, 14 minutes after her first request wrote:Please give three more. There are reasons why I asked for seven.
Beep! Beep!, 5 minutes later wrote:If you had 3 more to pick from the 10 players that didn't make your list, who would they be? It's not that hard.
Beep! Beep!, 14 minutes later wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Beep! Beep! wrote:
farside22 wrote:I already know that no matter what I say I'm being lynched I have nothing to lose.
Please provide us with a list of your top 7 suspects, with rationale. Three full sentences per candidate minimum.
look forward to reading yours as well
I've made my list of suspects plenty clear and abundantly detailed.

I don't mind doing it again.

But farside goes first. 'Cuz I asked first. :wink:
Beep! Beep!, 41 minutes later wrote:I reiterate. I have asked for 7 for a good reason.
Beep! Beep!, 17 minutes later wrote:AFTER farside.

Not a minute before.

Like I said. There is a reason.
And are you kidding with this??
Beep! Beep! wrote: The take home message is that MeMe is giving the scum (a group I believe she might belong to) an "excuse" for the nightkill she might be planning as scum, i.e., by painting me as the Jester. Painted as the Jester, no one would look back at my posts after my death, and wonder if the scum feared I might have hit too many bullseyes, and had to kill me. *Maybe*
The only way no one's going to look back at the posts of a player "painted as the jester" who gets killed overnight is if they ARE the jester or scum.

The reason lynches are a town tool is because the decision-making is public and by majority. What I'm attempting to do is make the night work the
same way
-- if we direct the scum kill and it turns out to be a bad one, we have the opportunity to look at who was on the "jester kill wagon" and react appropriately,
just like we can for a lynch
. At the moment, the town & scum have a shared goal: make sure the jester doesn't get lynched, which makes the plan viable.

I'd appreciate anyone clearly explaining to me why this plan won't work. And, no, saying "she must be scum for suggesting it!" isn't the same thing as disproving its value.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:10 am

Beep! Beep! wrote:Farside22, to whom I ascribe a small probability of being Jester, can be taken care of tonight, or later.
nice directing of the vig.

Now farside is a jester who was almost lynched, but claimed Doc to stop the lynch which would have won the game for him.

jesus christ....

everyone post you post makes less and less sense..there is no way you really believe what you are posting.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Now farside is a jester who was almost lynched, but claimed Doc to stop the lynch which would have won the game for him.
You bring up a good point, one that I should have thought of, which is, CKD could have claimed a more immediately lynchable role than Doctor. My earlier thought was that farside22 would have claimed Doctor knowing fully that she'd be counterclaimed by the real Doctor.

If she's not Jester, she's just plain scum, maybe she simply hoped to out the real doctor.
Beep! Beep!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:10 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:
everyone post you post makes less and less sense..there is no way you really believe what you are posting.
this is suppose to read, "evertime you post it makes less and less....."

at any rate, Beep.....how many games have you played?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

MeMe, do you always tend to keep out of the limetlight, and if attacked, respond by attacking back? Is that your modus operandi?

Because you weren't so aggressive until I pointed out that I found your behavior scummy. And then, the only person you find worthy of attacking is your attacker, that would be me, at the moment.
MeMe wrote:saying my case is "so far off the mark" and then only addressing the farside portion is pretty funny -- especially since you did so
incorrectly
No, I did not do so incorrectly, even taking your post as evidence. I did ask repeatedly, within minutes, after each of farside's refusals, and CKD's approval of the refusals. But never, ever, did I impose a deadline. Never. If you wanted to refute my point, you had to look to find the post where I demand that farside produce a list within a definite period of time. You did not. Therefore, your refutation is a failure, but I commend you for trying.
MeMe wrote:I'd appreciate anyone clearly explaining to me why this plan won't work. And, no, saying "she must be scum for suggesting it!" isn't the same thing as disproving its value.
One utterly suspicious aspect of your plan is the timing. Until now you were kinda coasting, sipping margaritas, throwing the occasional pebble at one player, and a softball at another. But now that you are on the hyper-defensive, you are counter-attacking, and proposing plans that depend on night actions, while singing the value of town lynches. Naturally, you have to expect players to be worried.
Beep! Beep!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:37 am

Post by MeMe »

So, you have no problem with the plan? Just with the fact that it's being proposed by me at this time?

~~~~~~~~~

Beep! Beep! this isn't aggression, but it's interesting you feel attacked. I corrected a demonstrable inaccuracy in your post against me. You then suggested I was dismissing your case, so I showed you how easy it is to fill space with words and
call
it a case...only after I did so, I realized that there's actually quite a bit to be said about you (and mine were
actual
points -- not just adjectives masquerading as points). I then went ahead blew all your other "points" against me down so that you'd be unable to pretend I was avoiding doing so.

Now -- you're strawmanning, for a second time, the deadline farside didn't get from you. It's not a point I made, but it seems to be the only one you want to address. Keep at it and people might start to think you're unable to defend against all the points that I actually
did
make against you.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:40 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Beep Beep, i think it's common consensus that you are totally grasping at straws with your farside jester claims. She claimed doctor expecting a counterclaim? On day two? What? you're logic is baloney, and it's giving me more reason to believe that your just desperately trying to look smart when you have no real clue what your doing. I feel like you're digging yourself into a hole. I agree with CKD, i'm starting to think that BEEP-BEEP is the clueless noob. She hides it well behind big words and well thought out posts, but she makes no sense most of the time. Does this make her scummy? I'm still deciding.

Where is Tyhess?
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

MeMe wrote:So, you have no problem with the plan? Just with the fact that it's being proposed by me at this time?
It is a HUGE problem though. Besides, I'm sure the scum and the vig are on the lookout for Jester behavior, and don't need to be directed. I don't think it's useful, and as you point out, "roleblocker."

Concerning the case you've made against me, I'll leave it to the other players to decide whether or not it's worthwhile. I trust their judgment.

Let the others weigh in on the value of its content, your timing and choice of target, your change in behavior when one player begins to cast doubt on your townieness, and your sudden urge to coordinate night choices.
Beep! Beep!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”