curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:36 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Beep! Beep! wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:Iammars, I agree with BM, the doc claim saved his ass, I doubt a Jester would have wanted to save his own ass.
Not if he expected to be counterclaimed. Then he would have expected to be lynched on that day, or the following day. Although - he'd have a 50-50 chance of being nightkilled or vigged, so it's a gambit he wouldn't try unless very close to being lynched.
what do you care, you think he is the lynch for today...also, still waiting on you to address the rest of my post.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Beep! Beep! wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:Iammars, I agree with BM, the doc claim saved his ass, I doubt a Jester would have wanted to save his own ass.
Not if he expected to be counterclaimed. Then he would have expected to be lynched on that day, or the following day. Although - he'd have a 50-50 chance of being nightkilled or vigged, so it's a gambit he wouldn't try unless very close to being lynched.
what do you care, you think he is the lynch for today...
I have to give the Jester possibility the consideration it deserves, as well as the possibility that YOU may be the Jester. I interpret your post as an attempt to make it look like I am not giving this game any thought. I have to wonder why you'd even try, since there is no chance of you convincing any townie.
curiouskarmadog wrote:also, still waiting on you to address the rest of my post.
The rest of which post? As for the list, I've already mentioned that wanting to do a good job, I cannot do it until tonight.
Beep! Beep!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:06 am

this was the post...please address the rest of it.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
you mean the "majority thinking" and "common sense" that lynched Monkey? Please Beep, what opinions do I hold that are contrary to logic? That we had a claimed doc yesterday. That doc wasnt killed last night by mafia OR the vig OR the SK, so that means he has to be scum? If indeed farside is the doc and the mafia didnt kill them last night, what arguement do you think they would be using today to get him lynched? I believe the claim, he knew about the McCoy card before the McCoy card was shown...I know some link has been shown where you can see the card, but how did he know where to find that link? I didnt even know there was a link that had cards. Please explain your theory on this Beep (and anyone else).

There is plenty of scum in this game, which taint the "majority" opinion.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:06 am

you interept my posts incorrectly...they should be interepted as I think you are scum
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:48 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Yea this is some genius line of reasonining going on.

Let's see, Jester about to get lynchced on day one, what should jester claim?

OOH OOH I KNOW

JESTER SHOULD CLAIM DOCTOR.

Then town could lose its balls, and go into the "OH WE CANT LYNCH A CLAIMED DOCTOR ON DAY ONE SPIRAL OF NOOBNESS" and Jester get probably nightkilled.

That's just genius play from a Jester.

But wait

you know what else a Jester could do that'd be a little better?

Claim townie or refuse to claim at all.

That always leads to a lynch.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:55 am

Post by MeMe »

vote: farside22
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Let's see, Jester about to get lynchced on day one, what should jester claim?

OOH OOH I KNOW

JESTER SHOULD CLAIM DOCTOR.
What if he counts on being counterclaimed?

It wouldn't be a
brilliant
strategy, but it wouldn't be the first half-baked idea in the history of mafia. Or the last.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

curiouskarmadog wrote:this was the post...please address the rest of it.
curiouskarmadog wrote:you mean the "majority thinking" and "common sense" that lynched Monkey? Please Beep, what opinions do I hold that are contrary to logic? That we had a claimed doc yesterday. That doc wasnt killed last night by mafia OR the vig OR the SK, so that means he has to be scum? If indeed farside is the doc and the mafia didnt kill them last night, what arguement do you think they would be using today to get him lynched? I believe the claim, he knew about the McCoy card before the McCoy card was shown...I know some link has been shown where you can see the card, but how did he know where to find that link? I didnt even know there was a link that had cards. Please explain your theory on this Beep (and anyone else).

There is plenty of scum in this game, which taint the "majority" opinion.
That's a pretty boring exercize but I'll humor you.

There wasn't a solid case on Monkey as there is on farside22, and there was a deadline looming. "
That doc wasnt killed last night by mafia OR the vig OR the SK, so that means he has to be scum?
" Yeah, pretty much it does, since the cop wasn't dead yet. Extra incentive to kill the doctor.

The "all-out" way you defend farside22 appears increasingly Jester-like to me. Your "arguments" are not cogent, but un-focused bluster. It's as if you are trying to get a reaction, more than you are trying to convince. I don't believe you are actually trying to persuade anyone of anything, other than yourself being a good lynch. Only a Jester would do that.

And only a Jester would keep on attacking a player (myself) who has shown herself to be on the aggressive side.

The links to find the images could possibly be figured out by looking up the image's properties (right-click on mouse) and find where the image is hosted. Then find the root directory. Piece of cake for a web-savvy player. I don't know if that's the case here, but there has ways that have nothing to do with one's alignment. I don't understand what you're suggesting.
Beep! Beep!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:14 am

I agree with Pooky, you must be a genius.

I am not defending farside, I am attacking your crap case.

also, if Farside is indeed a doc, what case would mafia use to attack him today?

You are scum, you are scum pushing an easy lynch. The fact that you make conclusions by leaps and bounds amaze me. Or maybe Holy isy right and you are the jester hoping that farside is indeed the the doc, so you take the blame tomorrow...if farside turns out scum, it is no skin off your teeth either.

Have you actually tried finding the cards yourself?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

1. Farside22

Second full doc claim. Was not nightkilled. Chose to protect a player unlikely to be targeted. Badly playing his Jester role?

2. CKD

More and more, I suspect may be Jester. See post above.

3. Ross Williams

On account of vote analysis. Also: Ross William wrote the following: "Yes, I am interested in hunting scum. But other than pressuring has to break his post restriction, I haven't done much yet" on Jan 28. His excuse is noobness. Connecting the dots: "i'm curious about your findings on
Holy
Meme
. I had kinda been overlooking her, and now" Two players (Holy and MeMe) also named on farside's short and recent scumlist. Didn't do much except to vote and unvote hasdfgs, JDGA (me), Greasy Spot, yesterday, and try not to offend anybody. Today, mostly arguing with me, seemingly shocked that my analysis picked up his name, saying that we could have another doctor. And coincidence, farside claims to have protected Ross William. Why, oh why???

On Feb 22: "I'm very much against a farside quicklynch now. "
On Feb 23: "don't get cocky now, farside. I'm wavering on you, but you're definately not off the hook yet. Far from it."

3. MeMe

Wishy-washy, lurkerish, keeps being mentioned by Farside22. They also mention Holy a lot along with MeMe, but Holy seems rather noob town, so I believe they are draggin her in the mud as an easy target. Deadline voted Monkey no explanation given. Talitha wrote: "So my vote is staying on farside - my gut just says she is scum. The way MeMe is flirting with voting her, but really doesn't want to be voting her, is suspicious to me too, but that could possibly be paranoia on my part. " Maybe that's why Talitha had to die. Note to self: MeMe also mentioned QuickBen, like RossWilliam did. MeMe seems to think that there was a possibility that Farside22 may be the Jester.

PJ:

Made some well worded, but logically incoherent arguments against my list here. Strong sense of self-preservation. Challenged the Ross William wagon: "For those of you voting RossWilliam, please explain to me why you are voting for him – and then explain to me why you are voting RossWilliam over wolfcrier. " Interestingly, mentions in the following posts how he expects the town to
distance
. To
distance
. Right after he
defended
a buddy? I wonder. Earlier still, PJ defended Ross William against al_kohalec (town).

hasdfgs:

Post restriction screams town. Behavior screams scum. Though he showed up pretty high on my scum score list, ill have to go along with town.

MoS:

A fluffy flurry of fluff posts. Made excuses for RW, approved something against Holy. Unreadable. Doesn't strike me as pro-town, just striving to be neutral.

Iammars:

A follower, not a leader. No significant contribution beyond agreement with the general sentiment. Flails in the prevailing wind.

BM:

I get a solid town vibe from BM. He's been focused, and paying attention, and he's not taking guff from anybody.

Pooky:

I get a solid town vibe from Pooky. His trap didn't work, but only townies would pull that kind of gambit.

Holy:

Though she keeps getting mentioned by players I believe may be scum, I get a town vibe from her.

Summary:

95 # PJ - scum
91 # RossWilliam - scum
33 # MeMe - scum
================
78 $ farside - scum/jester
33 $ karma - scum/jester/jester/jester
================
53 ? MoS - uncertain
20 ? Iammars - uncertain
88 - hasdgfas - town
50 - BM - town
33 - Holy - town
Beep! Beep!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:56 am

so if you think that PJ, RW, and Meme are scum, and farside might be a jester...what is the wisdom in lynching farside when you have three other scum suspects?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

curiouskarmadog wrote:also, if Farside is indeed a doc, what case would mafia use to attack him today?
None. Mafia wouldn't care to attack claimed Doc #2. Because they can always NK him anyway, they don't need to compromise themselves during the lynch. And the cop is dead. Mafiosi don't have to worry about an unknown doctor protecting an outed cop with results every day.
curiouskarmadog wrote:You are scum, you are scum pushing an easy lynch.
If I wanted to push a real easy lynch, I would pick YOU, not a player that has claimed Doctor. Especially since you are actively trying to provoke me, which I understand would be top priority for you if you were Jester. It's not going to work.
curiouskarmadog wrote:...maybe Holy is right and you are the jester hoping that farside is indeed the the doc, so you take the blame tomorrow...if farside turns out scum, it is no skin off your teeth either.
If I were the Jester, why would it matter whether farside is the doctor? With 3 nightkills, I wouldn't wait until tomorrow to engineer my own lynch. I'd be lynched already. I might find an aggressive player, and try to antagonize him/her. I might also try to avoid making sense, and defend players that others agree are scummy, and have fakeclaims.
curiouskarmadog wrote:Have you actually tried finding the cards yourself?
No, I never bothered, because I assumed that Thesp would have fixed the loophole by now.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

curiouskarmadog wrote:so if you think that PJ, RW, and Meme are scum, and farside might be a jester...what is the wisdom in lynching farside when you have three other scum suspects?
I am more certain that Farside22 is scum on account of the claim, his night choice, and the fact that he wasn't nightkilled.

I am also more certain that you are the Jester, and not Farside22.
Beep! Beep!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

it worries me that Beep Beep seems to think Farside being a Jester supports the lynching case. Also, why am i always at 50 scumminess points? do i never do ANYTHING controversial?

Also, did Pooky REALLY just pop up and say that and not claim?
:x

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:05 am

Post by RossWilliam »

but it was common sense that a counterclaim wasn't going to occur. it's way to early in the game for the doc to be risking his/her neck, unless it's an utter emergancy. Like farside's case was, if she's honest. which I don't believe she is, anymore.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Battle Mage wrote:it worries me that Beep Beep seems to think Farside being a Jester supports the lynching case.
At this point, I believe that CKD is Jester much, much more than Farside.

However, I would appreciate some other player's insight on the matter. We do need to consider the possibility, until we reach a majority opinion.

Perhaps we might indicate our position like this:

Jester: CKD
Beep! Beep!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:29 am

I feel sorry for you Beep Beep, your black and white world must be a horrible place to live.

Your case is crap, you lack any kind of foresight or common sense, you are making up numbers (and symbols now too) that no one gets or understands, you are suffering from sort of tunnel vision, and I think you are completely insane.

...or, you are the jester,

which means
unvote
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:36 am

Post by MeMe »

Beep! Beep! wrote:
3. Ross Williams

Connecting the dots: "i'm curious about your findings on
Holy
Meme
. I had kinda been overlooking her, and now" Two players (Holy and MeMe) also named on farside's short and recent scumlist.
You do understand that RW was asking about my findings on Holy -- not someone's findings on Holy and me both, right? Because that makes your "two players
also
named on farside's scumlist" point oddly made since I'm
not
on RW's scumlist here.
Beep! Beep! wrote:
3. MeMe

MeMe seems to think that there was a possibility that Farside22 may be the Jester.
Back this up, please.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

just read Pooky's post on the previous page. Im not sure whether to be relieved that he didnt do something dumb, or annoyed that he lied and wasted our time.

Anyway, Farside lynch anyone?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I seem to have lost interest in this game. Damnit.
Permanent V/LA.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:20 am

Post by farside22 »

Battle Mage wrote:just read Pooky's post on the previous page. Im not sure whether to be relieved that he didnt do something dumb, or annoyed that he lied and wasted our time.

Anyway, Farside lynch anyone?

BM
Yeah what he said. :roll: Just listening to logic and vote for the claimed doctor so the scum don't have to worry about me tonight. Good plan.

Side note for Holy
. You were the one who brought up the day before me being alive would make you think more about me. Did that not click that either (a) you look scummie for said comment or (b) giving something to the scum to use for the next day lynch? Just curious.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:45 pm

no doctor is going to come out and counterclaim on day one

that's so boneheaded bad play lol
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:55 pm

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:no doctor is going to come out and counterclaim on day one

that's so boneheaded bad play lol
so your thoughts on Beep Beep's case?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:58 pm

misguided hot chick

these things fall into mafiaa games all the time
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Beep! Beep! »

MeMe wrote:
Beep! Beep! wrote:
3. Ross Williams
Connecting the dots: "i'm curious about your findings on
Holy
Meme
. I had kinda been overlooking her, and now" Two players (Holy and MeMe) also named on farside's short and recent scumlist.
You do understand that RW was asking about my findings on Holy -- not someone's findings on Holy and me both, right? Because that makes your "two players
also
named on farside's scumlist" point oddly made since I'm
not
on RW's scumlist here.
I do understand. But scum often pay attention to each other, positively, or negatively. It's not a huge tell, just something that I note.
MeMe wrote:
Beep! Beep! wrote:
3. MeMe

MeMe seems to think that there was a possibility that Farside22 may be the Jester.
Back this up, please.
Of course. http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 948#930948
Beep! Beep!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”