Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

DGb I've just commented on.

The Fonz looks somewhat town, but I can't read him particularly well.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:19 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

cicero wrote:

b) What I've said is that there was a possible townish motivation for wanting to have you jail Gorgon. It was because of the fear that we might be killing Sylar's target instead of Sylar. Given that Gorgon's phase power would be very useful to Sylar, this was a reasonable concern that all of us shared, and which even scum would have paid honest lip service to since they want to appear townie and we now know that Gorgon was not one of their team.
cicero, you have to agree that it could have been a possble scummish reason too..keeping me busy jailing a possible SK..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:30 am

shaft.ed wrote:CKD you said you wanted to find the shooter. What do you think of my narrowing down to CES, DGB and Fonz?
ugh, I do want to find the shooter, but I just cant shake this cicero/Yvonne scum thing...

my thoughts on those 3.

and even though I felt that Fonz was scummy earlier in the day because he was possibly coaching Yvonne, I obviously was wrong about that...I dont like the fact that I have no confirmation if he used his powers during the night, but since we are at a possible lylo situation, I dont know if I want to take a chance on lynching a possible role that could save us from a NK.

DGB, I dont think I have ever played with someone like DGB before. I really am at a loss. I am not sure why she said she targetted CES, it doesnt seem to make any sense...maybe she has explained this before, but I dont think i understood that either....

then there is CES who really is under the radar with shea gone missing and all the arguements today...

both DGB and CES are ?s to me...I do not think Fonz is the way to go today and (all things being constant) will not vote him.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:37 am

Post by cicero »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
cicero wrote:

b) What I've said is that there was a possible townish motivation for wanting to have you jail Gorgon. It was because of the fear that we might be killing Sylar's target instead of Sylar. Given that Gorgon's phase power would be very useful to Sylar, this was a reasonable concern that all of us shared, and which even scum would have paid honest lip service to since they want to appear townie and we now know that Gorgon was not one of their team.
cicero, you have to agree that it could have been a possble scummish reason too..keeping me busy jailing a possible SK..
Of course I agree that it could have been. I just dont think that was necessarily the more likely reason. It's pretty clear to me which was taking precedence in everyone's mind at the time. I find it odd that having taken a morally dubious action of mixed advantageousness yourself last night, that you are unwilling to consider the possibility of alternate motives in others as well. I got into this argument because townie motives for that suggestion werent being considered by anyone. I got in the argument with you over your choice because scum motives needed to be considered.

Certainly though, if Adele and Yvonne are scum, I suppose having you tied up and knowing what you're up to is useful, just as if you are scum having Adele tied up last night was useful.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:06 am

Cicero, if you are scum in this game, and you fucking pull a win, you deserve some sort of an award.

that being said, I see your point (with the last sentence)...unvote

if Yvonne is scum, she wouldnt know the alignment of Gorgon. Suggesting I should keep Gorgon jailed helps the mafia know the night actions of two people (one possibly being the other "group" against the mafia).

Yvonne, thinking back to Day 2 (the gorgon lynch). Now you said that Oman was an ok lynch because we had nothing to go on. Given all the claims Day 2, why were you hesitant in voting Gorgon, was there a better lynch or one that would have provided more information? Honestly I dont feel like your lack of vote (against Gorgon) should be a mark in your favor, unless your vote against Oman is a mark against you.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:16 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

curiouskarmadog wrote:DGB, I dont think I have ever played with someone like DGB before.
Enjoy. It's a life-altering opportunity.
curiouskarmadog wrote:I am not sure why she said she targetted CES
My role is not a helpful role, it would only get in the way. But I figured, if anybody tracks me or whatever, they can at least confirm that I am not killing people in their sleep. So I thought it would be funny to target TSQ/CES, because being vanilla, I would make them less vanilla, so maybe they'd acquire a role. But it was a joke, just a place to park my night choice, just in case it could be proven.

If you find a usefulness for my dumb role, let me know. I couldn't. I'm open to suggestions.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:32 am

can anyone track you?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:35 am

Post by cicero »

No they cant watch her. And what's worse, if the watchers decided to watch TSQ/CES, what DG did last night would preclude them from seeing anything TSQ/CES might try to do. (By which I of course mean shoot somebody).

Which means she's a rockin' choice for a jail cell if she lives through the day.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:35 am

No.

If Yvonne or Adele had watched me, they would've gotten no result. That is all.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:37 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:can anyone track you?
No, but there might be a loophole I missed, so I didn't take a chance.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:40 am

cicero wrote:No they cant watch her. And what's worse, if the watchers decided to watch TSQ/CES, what DG did last night would preclude them from seeing anything TSQ/CES might try to do. (By which I of course mean shoot somebody).

Which means she's a rockin' choice for a jail cell if she lives through the day.
wait what? lets says DGB targetted CES and CES shot mathcam last night...and Yvonne watched mathcam, she couldnt have seen CES shoot mathcam?..why, she didnt target CES she targetted mathcam....

also, please..sweet jesus, please..dont tell me who to target, this obviously makes me angry because I am not down for providing information to scum..are you?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:45 am

ckd wrote:wait what? lets says DGB targetted CES and CES shot mathcam last night...and Yvonne watched mathcam, she couldnt have seen CES shoot mathcam?
No. CES would be immune to powers, but could still be seen.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:46 am

that is what I thought
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:56 am

Post by cicero »

My bad. Mixed stuff up. DGB can hide the kill from the watchers by targetting the victim. Neither DGB nor the victim could be watched. Targetting the killer wouldnt stop the watchers from catching the killer if they were watching the victim.

And we'ver been over this "don't tell me who to target thing" before, CKD. You'd think you woulda learned.

Incidentally, I'm pretty much convinced CKD is town now. He's off my suspect list. his choice last night was the wrong choice in my view, but I think he's a townie who did it. Not scum.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:00 am

Post by shaft.ed »

DGB please dont do this anymore. It also blocks Doc protects, in addition to watchings.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:01 am

Post by shaft.ed »

EBWOP: Also your desire to have an alibi over the possible harm your role could have done is decidely anti-town.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:02 am

No, shaft.ed. It's more likely she performed the kill if she's scum. Also, I'm unlikely to be protected.

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:05 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:No, shaft.ed. It's more likely she performed the kill if she's scum. Also, I'm unlikely to be protected.
Yes I need to pay more attention.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:04 pm

cicero wrote:My bad. Mixed stuff up. DGB can hide the kill from the watchers by targetting the victim. Neither DGB nor the victim could be watched. Targetting the killer wouldnt stop the watchers from catching the killer if they were watching the victim.
I don't get this...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:05 pm

shaft.ed wrote:DGB please dont do this anymore. It also blocks Doc protects, in addition to watchings.
OK... I won't pick anyone tonight then. But last night, you have to reckon, TSQ was a mighty low risk.

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:No, shaft.ed. It's more likely she performed the kill if she's scum. Also, I'm unlikely to be protected.
Actually with a role like this on a scum team it would make most sense for BOTH DGB and the killer to target the victim. Only reason not to do this is if the other two scum have roles that should be used and can be verified: me, "Yvonne", CKD, "Adele", cicero, "Fonz" (quotations for nonverifiable roles that can be caught in a lie. This would also tie in perfectly with a ZA kill N1 as his absence makes the system much easier to manipulate.

Side note, anyone else getting an artificial argumentation vibe from Cicero and CKD?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Wait NM. Thinking is tech. If DGB targets the victim, watcher gets "no result." That will still draw suspicion. Disregard previous rambling.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by cicero »

shaft.ed wrote:Side note, anyone else getting an artificial argumentation vibe from Cicero and CKD?
Didnt see this coming a mile away.

Hint: look to my reasoning.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Well if you saw it coming you must have known there were grounds for it ;)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by cicero »

shaft.ed wrote:Well if you saw it coming you must have known there were grounds for it ;)
There ARE grounds for it. Not in the sense of me/he being scum. But in the sense that it makes sense to suggest it. I have a big fight with CKD and change my mind. But all I can do is tell you this. I didn't need to do that with CKD if we're scum together, unless you think our third partner is Yvonne. Because, as I've said again ana again, the town was sleepwalking to an Yvonne lynch and it would have been pretty damn easy for scum-cicero to push them into it. And since CKD has spent the whole day trying to make her die, I think that theory is a bit far-fetched.

Second, the reason I'm compelled by CKD at the moment, is that he seems pretty honestly angry about a bunch of stuff. Look at Mafia 69 when I thought he was scum and look at how he reacted to me there. Separate from that, just look at his own reactions. Maybe he's just acting and is a hell of a liar, but it doesnt feel that way to me in the way he's been reacting.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”