Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Beep Beep, your theory is that because the mafia didnt kill farside this proves that he is scum?
My argument is three-pronged. You are ignoring 2 other important reasons why I believe that farside22 is fakeclaiming.

(1) A second full doctor with the same Star Trek character is unlikely.

(2) farside22's choice to protect a player that would be unlikely to be targeted sounds like scum. Three people died Night 1. Three people died Night 2. With so many nightkills, you protect the player you find most townie, and most likely to be nightkilled. That's common sense.

(3) The fact that farside22 was not one of the three nightkills lends credence to the above two points.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

MeMe wrote:
Beep! Beep! wrote:I am free to point out that I noticed that he was cleared by the dead cop.
Where?
Thy scum wants to know? Here you go:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 726#929726
al_kohaulec wrote:Pooky, why are you town?
Beep! Beep!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:29 am

Post by farside22 »

Beep! Beep! wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:Beep Beep, your theory is that because the mafia didnt kill farside this proves that he is scum?
My argument is three-pronged. You are ignoring 2 other important reasons why I believe that farside22 is fakeclaiming.

(2) farside22's choice to protect a player that would be unlikely to be targeted sounds like scum. Three people died Night 1. Three people died Night 2. With so many nightkills, you protect the player you find most townie, and most likely to be nightkilled. That's common sense.

(3) The fact that farside22 was not one of the three nightkills lends credence to the above two points.
Question for #2. Didn't only 2 people die night one?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

farside22 wrote:
Beep! Beep! wrote:

Question for #2. Didn't only 2 people die night one?
You are correct, I have miscounted the NKs on Night 1.

It does not invalide point number 1, which is how unlikely it is to have a full second doctor.

It does not invalide point number 2, which is that a claimed doctor protecting an "unlikely target" like Ross Williams - when we already have a dead doctor - is extremely scummy.

It does not invalide point number 3, which is, why weren't you nightkilled?
Beep! Beep!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:38 am

Post by MeMe »

There's no way that means "I investigated Pooky and found him to be innocent." Check the very
next
post al_ko submits...
al_kohaulec wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Why wouldn't I be town?
Because you enjoy slaughtering your sheep.
And an earlier one (still Day 2) that questions Iammars' clearing of Pooky.
al_kohaulec wrote:I fail to see how that makes Pooky protown. MoS can back me when I say we played a (I think it was C9) mafia game where he, though town, formed an elaborate plan that did not help the town. In all honesty though, I was scum that game and because of the information I derived from day, Pooky's plan would have been best for the town in that situation :P. Town still won nonetheless.
Why twice publicly question the alignment of a player he knows to be town?

But your attempt at baiting me was
super
-cute!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

MeMe wrote:There's no way that means "I investigated Pooky and found him to be innocent." Check the very
next
post al_ko submits...
al_kohaulec wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Why wouldn't I be town?
Because you enjoy slaughtering your sheep.
I don't know. Maybe to make it less obvious, so that Pooky wouldn't be too obviously a nightkill? It sounds like a joke. If I were cop, I would never write a sentence like "Pooky, why are you town?" unless I wanted it to be interpreted later as a breadcrumb. As far as I can see, there was no hint of al_kohaulec clearing anyone else on Day 2.
MeMe wrote:And an earlier one (still Day 2) that questions Iammars' clearing of Pooky.
al_kohaulec wrote:I fail to see how that makes Pooky protown. MoS can back me when I say we played a (I think it was C9) mafia game where he, though town, formed an elaborate plan that did not help the town. In all honesty though, I was scum that game and because of the information I derived from day, Pooky's plan would have been best for the town in that situation :P. Town still won nonetheless.
Why twice publicly question the alignment of a player he knows to be town?
OK - Just going out on a limb here, and bearing in mind that I don't expect a cop to write: "Pooky, why are you town?" without specifically intending it to be clearing Pooky, it is possible that he is merely questioning Iammars' logic. And he's still saying that Pooky's plan would have been best for the town... I'm not sure what he means there.

So it's not so clear cut. But then again, Pooky has claimed a information role, one that might have a very good chance to lead to a scum lynch... so far, it seems to support that al_kohaulec left a breadcrumb. Would al_kohaulec have targeted Pooky as a player whose alignment very much needed to be confirmed? That would make sense to me.

More sense than farside22 protecting Ross Williams because he was an unlikely target, if you don't mind my riding the cute streak.
Beep! Beep!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Beep! Beep! wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:ooi, Pooky, do you think it is worthwhile for the town to lose 2 power roles at this stage of the game when things are already looking grim, in exchange for 1 scumbag?
It's important that we get rid of some scum today, so that we can have scum alignments confirmed, and we have some material to look back upon to find more scum.

With whomever Pooky points to, and farside, we might have two scum hits very soon.

Pooky's decision to out himself is correct. With 3 nightkills per night, he shouldn't wait to die with his information, which is a very likely scenario. Since Pooky himself came out, I am free to point out that I noticed that he was cleared by the dead cop. Pooky is a dead teddy bear walking.
*sigh* there was a reason i asked Pooky the question and not you. In future, please do not answer on his behalf. -.-

And no, i dont think Pooky is anywhere near confirmed protown, despite your desire to interpret Al Ko in that way.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:39 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Beep Beep.....why is it so unlikely to have another full-fledged doctor? You weren't at Thespival, and neither was I. Is it that unheard of to have two doctors in a big game like this?

Your point one is invalid, because it is a matter of speculation and opinion from someone who has no reason to be more informed than anyone else.

As for point two, farside's exact quote is as follows
farside22 wrote:I protected RossWilliam because as I said before he defend himself well and I didn't get the impression he was scum. Plus I thought about what people said about protecting those who were not an obvious target.
@Holy:
When I came in I had you on my list of suspects. I just figure most people are going to lynch me and I want them to remember you when I'm lynched.
Her first response is that she doesn't get the impression I'm scum. That's good enough reason to defend me. I'm not playing too loud, She could have easily thought I was trying to fly under the radar as a power role. She finishes with an appeal to the masses, and showing she's following advice. This could be nothing but sucking up, to put it frank. Appealing to the notion of a totem pole, she's putting herself clearly at the bottom. Trying not to step on toes after her near-lynch yesterday. So your second "prong" is not nearly as strong as you think it to be.

Prong number three is nothing but WIFOM at it's finest. I automatically invalidate WIFOM, but we can indulge you by diving in a little bit. Either farside is scum, so she's obviously not dead, or she's such a clear target for a lynch today, and so the scum left her alive for us to mislynch and lose another power role. Theres no proof either way, and trying to speculate about it will give you nothing but a headache. Therefore, point three, totally moot.

Prong one: loose speculation and opinion
Prong two: weak, and wrongly represented
Prong three: WIFOM
Beep! Beep! wrote:
RossWilliam wrote:
unvote
Note to self:

Farside claims Doctor #2, but doesn't get nightkilled.
Farside claims having targeted Ross Williams for protection because he was not a likely target.
Ross Williams shows up in my analysis as likely scum.
Ross Williams unecessarily rushes to unvote Farside in anticipation of Pooky's information.
this is just lovely. Let's look at your attempts to try and paint me as Farside's scumbuddy, which I'm pretty positive you're gonna do again after I defend her.
Your analysis, in my opinion, is bullshit, so don't be so smug to think I was so intimidated by it to act drastically. And my unvoted farside is common logic, despite how many mispelled action words you can put in there to make me look frantic. I don't see why you're still voting for her when there's new unrevealed information on the table that could change your opinion. How is that anything but the right thing to do?

Honestly Beep beep? I thank you for being so antagonizing, because you've lead me to consider a number of things, and I'm very much against a farside quicklynch now. If we investigate her more, I'm very much willing to lynch her. But we need to discuss, and think, and probe and all of that before we do anything to her. Pooky's information is going to be grand. Thanks for helping me avoid being rash.

in sum.
Fos: Beep Beep
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Seriously I get reamed no matter who I protect. CB protected someone he thought was a target and people attack me for that. I protect someone who may not be as high profile as others and I get attacked. Is there really any one person I'm not going to be reamed at for protecting without all this brew ha, ha?
I'm still waiting on people to see if they claim they targeted tabitha as Pooky stated. Pooky you said there were 3 people?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by Holy »

^Pooky said 2 people that need to confess.

Beep! Beep! wrote:
Holy wrote:I don't think this game is so flavorful and need to have 2 doctors able to save at night at the same time, I'm not ignoring the possibility of a backup doctor in large game, but it's more likely there's a doc and a nurse than 2 docs since the beginning.
Are you trying shifting suspicion to me, there? ~.^
Both claimed Doctors claimed Star Trek's McCoy. There is no indication that either is a backup, or that one is a nurse.

Both claims are for full Doctors, same character, same card.

Do you believe the game has two full powered Doctor McCoy's?
Nope, that's why I think she's lying and voted her.
I don't believe the theory that the scum decided not to kill doc to let her lynched the next day. That only lead for two possible unsuccessful kill two nights in a row for the scum, which is silly.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

two
unsuccessful?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

yes. There is the potential for scum failure the night the doctor is left alive, but then where does the second possibility come into play, holy?
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by Holy »

^hm, I was thinking for the probability of tonight too, if she's really the doc and we leave her peacefully today, the scum will deal with a possibility of unsuccessful kill two nights in a row, with last night.
Yes, I was wrong for mixing it up with tonight possibility too.
Overall, the theory she's the doc that left alive by the scum is a silly theory. She lied, I guess.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by farside22 »

Holy wrote:^hm, I was thinking for the probability of tonight too, if she's really the doc and we leave her peacefully today, the scum will deal with a possibility of unsuccessful kill two nights in a row, with last night.
Yes, I was wrong for mixing it up with tonight possibility too.
Overall, the theory she's the doc that left alive by the scum is a silly theory. She lied, I guess.
2 people died night one.
3 people died night 2. Do we know who may have been saved on night one to prevent 3 deaths?
Also fun conversation for tomorrow. When I come up doc Holy what excuse will you have from saying it was silly?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

don't get cocky now, farside. I'm wavering on you, but you're definately not off the hook yet. Far from it.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:40 pm

Post by Holy »

farside22 wrote:Also fun conversation for tomorrow. When I come up doc Holy what excuse will you have from saying it was silly?
Are you bluffing on me? ;_;
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

farside22 wrote:Seriously I get reamed no matter who I protect. CB protected someone he thought was a target and people attack me for that. I protect someone who may not be as high profile as others and I get attacked. Is there really any one person I'm not going to be reamed at for protecting without all this brew ha, ha?
I'm still waiting on people to see if they claim they targeted tabitha as Pooky stated. Pooky you said there were 3 people?
this smells a bit fishy. I dont recall you claiming who CB protected but thats by the by. The way you explain this, it reads to me as:

I claimed that CB protected someone who was likely to get targetted, and got under pressure for it.
Then i decided IN ORDER TO STOP MYSELF GETTING LYNCHED, i'd claim a less common target, despite all reason saying i should do otherwise. -.-

Plus im certain you arent a Jester.

Vote: Farside

I still want to hear from Pooky asap, but i dont think anything he says is going to change who we need to lynch today. In fact, his timing sucks.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Holy wrote:
farside22 wrote:Also fun conversation for tomorrow. When I come up doc Holy what excuse will you have from saying it was silly?
Are you bluffing on me? ;_;
Nope putting it out there because I expect to be lynched, come out as the doc and see you sweat. Aren't I sweat. :wink:

@BM: It's difficult to keep saying CB to me when replacing someone. There was a conversation that someone said that the target was too obvious to be killed so I went with someone less obvious. I will check on Monday were that conversation was. Busy weekend ahead.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yeah, thats what i dont get. Why the hell would you do something so outrageous? I mean, as town you dont just trust what people tell you, especially if it defies all logic.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:15 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Unvote: Farside22
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Please provide reasoning for your unvote.
Beep! Beep!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:49 am

Post by hasdgfas »

pot. kettle. :P
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Beep! Beep! wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:
Please provide reasoning for your unvote.
Please provide reasoning for asking me this question.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Beep! Beep! »

@hasdgfas - Your attempt to cast aspersions on me will fail, because I have provided plenty of reasoning for everything I have done, including my vote. Casting aspersions on players for reasons that are demonstrably misleading is scummy. Your claim doesn't give you a free pass.

@petroleum - Since you your name has floated on top of my scumlist following voting analysis, I rather you not get away with unreasoned votes and unvotes. This is the kind of strategy that you may employ in order to avoid later scrutiny. Is it not customary to provide reasons for votes or unvotes? Your asking this questions is a transparent attempt to get yourself out of a defensive position, into an offensive position. Fail. Fail, and please justify your farside22 unvote, there should be no need for other players to have to make special requests.
Beep! Beep!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”