Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by Lloyd »

My reason for the vote for Monkey is that I rather lynch than not. No lynch is a bad idea.

The other part about day vig is simply my commentary about vigging.
lovo14
lovo14
Goon
lovo14
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:00 pm

Post by lovo14 »

monkey is |-2 im ok with him being lynched
ill hold my vote so someone doesnt hammer...ie ill hold til we push closer to deadline
"Dave Grohl is everywhere, he is even in our breakfast cereals" --Oscar Whilde
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:25 am

Post by Adele »

ooba wrote:
logicticus wrote:Anyway, I have no problem lynching monkey. That particular ability, in my opinion, historically seems to be more slanted to scum than town so as the deadline gets closer, I will gladly switch my vote.
Could you show me a mini game where there was a daykill SK or Scum present?
i've been a daykill SK
twice
. In a hurry now, but links will follow if you want them.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:19 am

Post by Johoohno »

Adele wrote:i've been a daykill SK twice. In a hurry now, but links will follow if you want them.
Hmm, perhaps Monkey is the lynch of the day then, I saw daykilling as something more pro-town than not. The reason I'm not sure yet is that a vigilante might come in handy for the town later on (if that's what he is). On the other hand, he seems to be a bit of a loose cannon. I need to think a bit on this. Adele, I'd appreciate the links.

For the time being:
Unvote: logisticus
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:47 am

Post by Pug89 »

The reason I'm not sure yet is that a vigilante might come in handy for the town later on (if that's what he is). On the other hand, he seems to be a bit of a loose cannon.
That is what I'm worried about as well. Even if he is town he could end up hurting the town more than he helps.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:06 am

Post by ooba »

Just realized the deadline is like in 3 days. I have a question regarding the Daykill - Would monkey have been so Gung-ho with his kill if he was day SK (I know we are entering Wifom territory here but still) ?
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:30 am

Post by logicticus »

FYI-

I will be unable to post from about midday tomorrow to the deadline. So I will be putting a vote on Monkey at that time which would put him at L-1 at that time (assuming no other votes or unvotes).
thephantom
thephantom
Townie
thephantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:41 am

Post by thephantom »

That is definitely a good question ooba and I don't have an answer but I don't think that he would.

For the rest of you, I am going abstain from voting for monkey because his powers seem too much like cyclops to me, and that would make him a townie unless something wierd is going on here. That is just what I think.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:15 am

Post by logicticus »

I wont argue that Monkey is Cyclops, that much is clear. But why jump straight to the conclusion is he automatically pro town? The mod knows we will easily be able to figure out who he was from that scene, so there might be some incentive to make him a scummy character to throw us off.

Im not saying thats the case as I hate to try to outguess the mod, but I would never assume someone is protown or scum just because of their role name.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Adele »

Johoohno wrote:
Adele wrote:i've been a daykill SK twice. In a hurry now, but links will follow if you want them.
Hmm, perhaps Monkey is the lynch of the day then, I saw daykilling as something more pro-town than not. The reason I'm not sure yet is that a vigilante might come in handy for the town later on (if that's what he is). On the other hand, he seems to be a bit of a loose cannon. I need to think a bit on this. Adele, I'd appreciate the links.
... why? It's not like I'd lie about something like that (due to LAL and disproveability), all this resulted in was a tiresome research project for me.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 99&start=0

I was actually in both at the same time, which was an interesting time for me.

How common day sks are overall I couldn't tell you; I don't recall the setups or other roles of games I'm in (tend not to even remember my own). I've been a day sk twice, I don't recall ever being a dayvig before (I don't recall offhand ever being a vig
at all
, actually, unless you count bugsy malone mafia which was a masonic hybrid)
thephantom
thephantom
Townie
thephantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:39 am

Post by thephantom »

Well the reason I come to that conclusion is that Beast was a townie, and it would seem to follow that if one x-man is pro-town, they all would be and the brotherhood of mutants would be the scum.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Adele »

That's a really foolish course of argument to follow. I ran a game once where blue cheeses were evil. The first scum to die was an Italian blue cheese and a cop who could detect cheeses' nationalities assumed all Italians were scum and damaged the town off that assumption.

Or the time Buffy was evil

Or the time that... well, suffice to say, if things were that simple the game would be way too breakable. Let's not assume
anything
theme-related at this stage, okay? Especially not something as simplistic as "all X-men are good".
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by ooba »

Adele wrote:
Johoohno wrote:
... why? It's not like I'd lie about something like that (due to LAL and disproveability), all this resulted in was a tiresome research project for me.

How common day sks are overall I couldn't tell you; I don't recall the setups or other roles of games I'm in (tend not to even remember my own). I've been a day sk twice, I don't recall ever being a dayvig before (I don't recall offhand ever being a vig
at all
, actually, unless you count bugsy malone mafia which was a masonic hybrid)
Time to read the games ..

And i think its time Monkey claimed
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:53 am

Post by logicticus »

Alright, I will most likely not be on again before the end of the day, so I am switching to monkey

He is now at L-1, so if someone who is voting wants to jump off real quick to give him time to claim, although Im sure I can guess his claim, go for it.

I most likely be voting thephantom tomorrow because I still think his reactions are scummy and they have gotten worse since my vote.

unvote, vote monkey
thephantom
thephantom
Townie
thephantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:12 am

Post by thephantom »

My reactions are scummy? How have they gotten worse?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:52 pm

Post by ooba »

Adele wrote:http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 99&start=0

Both links are same - Link to Doom2. - Well played , i believe you would have pulled it off if not for the kamikaze in the end

1) There is a difference between that game and this , there you were a Day SK who had to PM the mod to get a kill in. Here we are dealing with a situation where the player has to post on the thread to get a kill in - If it is an SK , it is an underpowered SK at best.

2) Here we are dealing with Mod Setup WIFOM where we try to guess is Monkey a day vig or a day SK - would he have made it so underpowered if it is a SK - and given SirT's rules where he tries to avoid all type of Mod WIFOM , I belive he would have created an secret SK rather than an SK who's name is divulged on the kill.

3) Thirdly , if Monkey was such an underpowered day SK , it doesn't make sense for him to be so Gung-ho - Lying low would have been the best thing for him to do ..

So i do not think Monkey is a day SK - lynching him is bad,IMO.

Having a tunnel vision on a Single player , even with the deadline is bad(we still have 2 days to deadline - I'm sure we can get 6 votes if we needed to). I find the play of farside more scummy than monkey's actions this game.
Farside wrote:I've got nothing new in respect to people. I think Adele and thephantom's comment saying murder instead of lynch was a weird thing. I will take weird over nothing any day just to get something going. Mostly I agree thephantom seems to be a follower behind Adele which I've always find scummie tell.

unvote
vote: thephantom
@thephantom: Okay fair enough. I just feel we are not getting anywhere. We have 4 pages and lots of slackers which makes this difficult at best. I am almost readiy to vote for lurkers just to see if it get them out of hiding.

unvote:

Seriously with all this lack of posting going on the only one person who looked scummie was Monkey for using his ability when he did. It made this day that was bad and slow to begin with worse and difficult to make any desicions at all.

Vote: Monkey
The vote and the backtrack on thephantom is suspicious. And the entire 'day is slow'-'hard to make decisions' statements while voting Monkey looks like someone who wants to be able to say 'Hey - i wasn't all that sure about Monkey - it was a slow day with nothing else to go on' later when Monkey turns up town.

Unvote. Vote : farside22
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:36 am

Post by farside22 »

@ooba: Are you saying people aren't slacking in this game? It is difficult to base anything on anyone and some people were suspicious of Korts. Due to Monkey's play now there is next to nothing to go on which makes scum happy when there is a no lynch.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:39 am

Post by ooba »

farside22 wrote:@ooba: Are you saying people aren't slacking in this game? It is difficult to base anything on anyone and some people were suspicious of Korts. Due to Monkey's play now there is next to nothing to go on which makes scum happy when there is a no lynch.
There is next to nothing to go on due to monkey's play?

Scum are even happier with a townie lynch..
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:54 am

Post by Adele »

ooba wrote:
Adele wrote:http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 99&start=0

Both links are same - Link to Doom2.
Apologies; I don't know how that happened. viewtopic.php?t=4409&start=0 is the other - vegas showgirls.

And the arguments you present are
utterly
unconvincing to me.

1. Suggests that in-thread posting kills are underpowered compared to secret ones (though they are presumably instantaneous)
2. You say that, based on the foolishness of outguessing the mod, we can outguess the mod more effectively
3. You suggest he should as sk lie low - which is WIFOM.

Sorry, no dice.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

End of Day 1

Despite all the best efforts, the combined powers of 10 mutants are unable to decide who is to be lynched on the first day of discussion. you retire for the night. But, of course, not all of you are going to sleep for the whole night, are you?

Vote Count

Monkey - 5 (Adele, farside22, Pug89, Lloyd, logicticus)
farside22 -1 (Ooba)

It is now Night 1. Night choices due in 72 hours. This makes deadline for night choices as 1830 GMT on Wednessday the 27th
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

It is now day. You all wake up and gather at the town center. Curiously, it seems that two among your number are missing. A quick count reveals that it is Adele and thephantom.

Searching the camp, it does not take you long to find out thephantom's body. You quickly identify him as
Shadowcat
and go over to his house to see exactly what he was upto. The house reveals nothing out of ordinary and you conclude that thephantom was, after all, just another townie. Just like you. Like most of you anyway.

However, Adele's body proves to be a different matter, as you are witness to a scene worthy of melodrama. Monkey is the first to identify who Adele was.

"Jean! No, it cannot be!"

As the rest of you gather around Adele's body, another strange thing happens. You hear a shout behind you. You turn back to find that Monkey has stabbed himself. He is dead.

Going over to Monkey's house, you find that it is strewned with pictures of Jean Grey. It takes no genius to figure out that he was Cyclops. He was, also town, you decide.

But, the surprises of the morning aren't over yet. As you go over to Adele's house to see who she was, you find that the house is not empty. Going inside, you find someone sitting there. It's Adele! And she's clearly alive.

Surprised by the happenings of the night, you go to the town center to decide who to lynch on day 2.

thephantom
, Shadowcat (town)
killed night 1
Adele
, Jean Grey (????) killed night 1
Monkey
, Cyclops (town)
committed suicide dawn 2
Adele
resurrected dawn 2
I'm back!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:09 am

Post by farside22 »

ooba:
A no lynch has been proven to be more bennifical to scum then town. Confusion is a great tool.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Adele »

poor Monkey. Didn't see that coming.

Also: Oh Crap. I need to do some research on my situation.
thephantom
thephantom
Townie
thephantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:00 am

Post by thephantom »

Wow should have stayed home I guess.

Bah!
Go Town Kill the Scum!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by ooba »

farside22 wrote:ooba: A no lynch has been proven to be more bennifical to scum then town. Confusion is a great tool.
Could you explain this?
Adele wrote:Also: Oh Crap. I need to do some research on my situation.
??

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”