Mini 563 - Fish Monkey God (ROCKS FALL EVERYONE DIES)

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Mini 563 - Fish Monkey God (ROCKS FALL EVERYONE DIES)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:27 am

Post by xyzzy »

PLAYER LIST

Still fighting for control of the Empire

No one

Retired from battle - permanently

Capricious - (protown) alternate scumgroup cop
somestrangeflea
Mikeburnfire - (protown) Oligarchy cop
QuantumFruit - (protown vote thief)
windkirby - crushed by planet
Tyfo - crushed by planet
armlx - crushed by planet
Justin125
DizzyIzzyB13 - crushed by planet
Serous - crushed by planet
andersonw
Oman - crushed by planet
roffman
Thesp - crushed by planet
Ration - crushed by planet
AniX
ZONEACE - crushed by planet

Still here and annoying everyone despite not technically being a player

Mastermind of Sin - Cult recruiter for the Church of the Fish Monkey God Reformed
Last edited by xyzzy on Mon May 19, 2008 10:05 am, edited 12 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:27 am

Post by xyzzy »

Rules for Fish Monkey God Mafia
- Written, then compared for completeness to MeMe's rules, then rewritten a bit.

1. The Fish Monkey God does not approve of these new-fangled "votes". To this end, in the ancient tradition of the /cows, you will be required to "/cows" people - it serves the same function, but it's entirely better. Also, less sacreligioyus. How's that for a word of the day? Anyway, if you want to lynch someone (well, it's not really lynching so much as getting a mystical light to make them explode, but seriously, do you really want to type out "I think MoS is the Mystical Exploding Light choice for the day"? Didn't think so.), you'll need to get a majority of people to say
/cows: MoS
(where MoS is whomever you want lynched [see previous parenthetical], and make sure it's bolded!), and then MoS will be lynched (whatever) - if 12 people are alive, for instance, it will take 7 votes, but if the entire population of the Empire were playing, it would take 65721 votes to lynch someone. If you wish to change your vote, please say "
/uncows: MoS
" before revoting. If for some stupid reason you're not bloodthirsty you can say
/cows: no lynch
, I guess. I don't know why you'd bother. Bloodshed of your fellow citizens is fun!
2. Each day a meeting will be held to determine who will win this first battle - this is when you vote for people. As it is, this is an entirely public meeting, so speaking to any other player during the day in private is not allowed and will result in very harsh punishment. You do not wish to test the harsh punishment.
3. Each night some of you may have the opportunity to alter the flow of battle with special skills - some of you may be able to kill people, or any other of a number of abilities. Some of you who are aligned with each other may be able to talk to each other, but the majority of you will need to be quiet. See previous rule on "harsh punishment".
4. While you are completely entitled to tell people about the role you receive in-thread, you may only do this in the following ways - you may paraphrase flavor, and you may describe skills. Only after the game is over may anyone post the picture(s) or exact text of their role. Again, harsh punishment.
5. Play to win. No one likes a jerk, so
don't be one
. If you have a personal issue with a player, ask to be removed from the game. I'd much rather replace you then see you quote your role PM or something like that because you don't like the other people involved. The immediate punishment for being stupid won't be huge, but I may ban you from future games modded by myself, which is pretty much the worst punishment ever - as the only (not currently banned) player who's punished in this way, let me tell you, it's miserable! ...Also, the same old harsh punishmnt may apply.
6. If you spontaneously gain the power to edit posts or something, don't do it. Don't try and make your posts tiny or something so people can't read them, and don't try to make them invisible. Don't encode secret messages that you'll decode when you're claiming or something stupid like that. In general, don't play against the spirit of the game.
7. "This is ... not a game about ghosts." - Rules to
Are You A Werewolf?
. Don't talk if you're dead. If you want to make a simple "bah" post with no information relevant to the game in it after you die, feel free. If you're chosen to be lynched, you may continue to talk but may not reveal information that you didn't reveal before the hammer vote was placed. Until I post the lynch scene, all players may talk.
8. While the Church of the Fish Monkey God Orthodox does not specifically hold a stance on /lost racism, it is suggested that any personal attacks against those worthless, dirty pigs who couldn't tell you the difference between the CotFMGO and the CotFMGR (Church of the Fish Monkey God Reformed) if it hit them on their slimy moldy head and then kicked them on their disgusting hairy back until they coughed up some sort of disgusting slime (etc.) be made while they're not around, since I heard they have claws or something weird like that.
Last edited by xyzzy on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:28 am

Post by xyzzy »

-5,999: The Fish Monkey God invents banning and takes it a year into the past.

-5,998: The Fish Monkey God invents time travel. He uses it to get pizzas delivered faster.

-5,997: The Fish Monkey God invents pizza. The world rejoices.

-5,802: The events of /cows mafia take place.

-5,000: The Fish Monkey God invents The Fish Monkey God, in order to explain away a continuity error, and introduces more. No one rejoices.

-4,866: The Fish Monkey God invents another universe. He calls it Bobville. The continuity errors do not end.

-4,806: Bobville's first mayor is elected. He turns out to be a heretic.

-4,255 - -102: The Great Kitten and Duck War takes place. Very little recorded history.

-101: The Fish Monkey God resolves the Great Kitten and Duck War by creating a new species known as the /cows. This creates a continuity error.

82: The Empire is set up and the blue orb is forged.

247: The red orb is forged.

687: The events of Fish Monkey God Mafia take place.

Stars

The world of the Fish Monkey God has more stars than any other world in the known universes. There are fourteen known universes, and most of them have small to moderate quantities of stars, except for the planet on which the /cows exist. This planet has perhaps the most stunning array of stars possible: if one more star surrounded it within 100 million light years, it would begin a melting process that would ultimately result in some very overcooked /steaks. This is, of course, highly intentional, as the Fish Monkey God thinks that stars are about the best thing one can add to a universe to give it some extra cheer - it's like a throw pillow for the soul. Coincidentally, directly above the south pole of the planet is a constellation that looks startlingly like a throw pillow.

However, the most important star is the Blue Star, an oddly large star that only appears once a year, and only for a week. It is said that the light from this star will bless those with the Fish Monkey God's strength with immortality - effectively, anyone who has the Blue Orb of Protection's glow on them will be free from harm as long as the Blue Star shines over them.

The power of the Blue Star was first discovered by a group of mercenaries sent to kill a wicked /lost king. The king had stolen his way to power, and possessed the Orb of Protection. The mercenaries fought their way through the king's keep, saving prisoners and killing /lost throughout. Eventually they reached the king, tired but still strong after hours of battle. As several of the mercenaries made sure the king had no escape, one of them men stabbed the king through the heart. Pulling out his sword, he jumped back, while the king angrily ran at him. The battle continued for hours, until the men, feeling defeated, were slowly killed by the king. When morning finally came, the king's wounds immediately healed; but he was trapped in his chamber. The mercenaries who had not been in the battle, with the assistance of a traveler claiming to be a wizard, decided that the reason related to the star. After 4 days, they ventured back in, and defeated the king.

This week - the first week of the Imperial War, and the time of the annual Light of Night celebration - the Blue Star shines over the night sky, and the location of the red orb is unknown. What role it will serve, if any, only time will tell...

Signup Text

Fish Monkey God, the second tale in the /Cows legacy, takes place thousands of years after the Great /Lost War, which itself took place several millenia before the War of the Kittens and Ducks; it is the beginning battle of a war that nearly destroyed the world. Those involved in the battle ultimately will ultimately all be known as heroes, and how it will end no one can be sure.

The story begins on the first night of the Light of Night Festival, in the largest city in the world, the capital of the Empire (pictured below). Children run through the streets, while fireworks go off and people from all around the world gather to sell food and entertainment from their own people. The festival itself revolves around the blue orb that the Fish Monkey God supposedly gave to the First Emperor, hundreds of years ago; this orb joined another red one, both of which gave the Emperors of history great power and wisdom.

But as the red orb is brought down to the city square to be placed atop a giant glass fountain to commemorate the legacy of the Empire, a large boom is heard. The people of the city look around and discover smoke rising from the castle, near the Emperor's chambers. It quickly becomes apparent that the Emperor is being attacked; the stars aren't lit up in the sky yet. Another explosion of light fills the sky, this time causing beams of light to protrude down to eight of those in the streets, as well as in to the chamber of the castle where the explosion went off.

Another explosion in the sky startles the animals of a valley in an unexplored region of the world. As the beams of light reappear, twelve people materialize on the ground, wearing unusual, different clothing; each one wears a different cloak, each a different color. They look around, realizing that wherever they are it is now early in the day. Suddenly, another explosion produces a strange, orange and green light...
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by xyzzy »

All roles have been sent.

I'll be checking who picked up their PMs, but confirm here.

Anyone who may talk to other people can do that until I announce that day has begun.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #10 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Capricious wrote:OMG, anderson is taunting the mod?
/cows andersonw
The game hasn't started yet. You can't /cows yet. (well, you can, but it's not official) :)
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #12 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I forgot to mention because I'm dumb that Phate is comodding.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #13 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Edited the rules to point out that you can
/cows no lynch
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #20 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:51 am

Post by xyzzy »

It looks by my count that all players have either confirmed in thread or have personally confirmed to me.

...As the orange and green light envelopes the twelve of you, you hear a distinctly loud, but distant voice. It seems to come from all directions, and it seems almost dangerous, yet so incredible.

This is all ruined when you hear another voice, shouting, "WOULD YOU LIKE A FLYER? I'M HANDING OUT FLYERS FOR THE CHURCH OF THE FISH MONKEY GOD REFORMED! WE'RE HAVING A POTLUCK THIS WEEKEND, YOU CAN COME!" The voice is loud, screeching, and stupid, and you all have the
deep desire
to kick whoever caused it. So you all decide to.

It turns out that the source of the voice is
Mastermind of Sin
, sir-not-playing Cult Recruiter. You all decide to kick him as often and hard as possible, so that he'll go away. Plus, cults are bad news!

"But I can't actually recruit you! I'm just a peon of the real authority, the Fish Monkey God! Admittedly, 'peon' doesn't look to great on the resume, but... did I mention the potlucks? Dave is bringing steak!"

Everyone realizes that the only logical source of steak would be perhaps /cows, and that the Church of the Fish monkey God Reformed is probably involved in cannibalism. This disgusts all of you, and you decide that you'd much rather just play some relaxing Bingo, except it hasn't been invented yet. So instead you see if you can figure out what the wonderful non-screechy voice was saying.

"...And the waiter says, 'Hey! That's no duck!' Okay, on a serious note, you all are here because of a big battle you've been chosen to be in. Some of you, who I unfortunately can't point out due to the nature of my awesome laws, were moments ago trying to kill the Emperor! And one of you is the Emperor! And the rest of you are just a bunch of chumps who don't matter. Anyway, I came up with the idea a few years ago that if anything like that ever happened I would just have a bunch of people kill each other, and anyone who remained would get to rule the land. So one of you, the Emperor, wants to keep control of his kingdom, some of you, who are part of His Maesty's Royal Dancing Squad (a vicious group of dancers known for their skill at tango, both alone, in pairs, and in grousp of size greater than two) were just trying to kill the king, which admittedly isn't very nice. However! I've set up this... this empty field here, where you can all kill each other. There's some huts you can sleep in over beyond the hill at night. Anyway, those vicious people who tried to kill the Emperor will probably be plotting all night, so while you could easily just judge who's who by who seems most tired, some of you might bring useful skills from your home lands, so it would be dumb to just kill anyone who looks tired. Plus, what if someone just doesn't sleep well? Then you'd jsut be a bunch of jerks. Oh, did I mention? A secret faction in the Empire has been trying to take control of the Empire for a while. They're mostly peaceful, I guess, so if they're with the majority of you, then they're okay if the survivors are all regular people hoping for democracy. But it's possible that some of them might have infiltrated His Majesty's Royal Dancing Squad, and there's nothing keeping the Emperor from being a member. If they're the only people who remain, they win this little game."

Everyone looks around. Emperor... Fish Monkey God... Dancing Squad... secret factions... it's too much to take in. Then someone says, "But how do we win? Kung fu?"

"Good question," says the Fish Monkey God. "And while kung fu is a useful life skill, most of you only have one tool: the mystical exploding light. I can send one of you to an alternate dimension where everything is purple (you can taste the purple, it's great!) every day. Actually, I could send more than one of you every day, but I'm not going to. Vote on who you want me to send to the Purple Dimension during the day, and I'll take care of the rest. Oh, by the way, you'll notice that you're all wearing cloaks? Yeah, everyone has a different color cloak, so... make of it what you will."

There is a town, some scum, and a group of people that can win with the town, their regualr scum group, or their alternate scum group.

Day One is go!

VotesNot voting: windkirby, Tyfo, QuantumFruit, Capricious, armlx, Justin125, Serous, andersonw, somestrangeflea, roffman, Ration, AniX
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #34 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:09 am

Post by xyzzy »

/cows count number one - the previous one was cleverly disguised as a votecount, and I'm personally shocked and saddened that no one noticed itandersonw: (Capricious, somestrangeflea)
serous: (Justin125)
Justin125: (andersonw)
windkirby: (windkirby)
QuantumFruit: (roffman)
Not voting: Tyfo, armlx, Serous, Ration, AniX, QuantumFruit

Anything that isn't a /cows count or italicized is purely flavor and can be ignored - the potluck on Friday is meaningless flavor.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #104 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by xyzzy »

You all notice another weird random person walking over the hill.

Someone asks, "who let him in? does he have punch?"

Someone else looks at Someone and says "punch is a scumtell!
/cows someone
"

Someone points out that Someone was merely trying to determine if the visitor was scum or not.

The visitor says "I'm lost. I mean... I'm... uh... /cows. I'm not /lost. What are you talking about?"

Everyone says "but do you have punch?"

The visitor says "um... yes? /scum is not /lost."

"not only is he admitting to being scum, but he's hoping for a scum win. lynch him"

--

You all decide that random people posting in your thread isn't very nice and the proper solution is to lynch everyone involved. Except you don't have a rope.

Occult says "I have rope!"

Someone Else says "I demand character development. How did you acquire the rope?"

"The DM said I could have any minor magical item as long as it was under 4000. So I took the Rope of Climbing."

"so since it's a minor, it can't drink. Hence punch instead of beer."

Occult decides not to give you the rope because he finds the word "hence" offensive.

Occult continues to be another running gag. As in, he's running from you, and you want to gag him.

this flavor is not intended to convey any meaning. any meaning you attempt to take from it is false.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #113 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by xyzzy »

/cows count number two - zomg page 5 and only the 2nd oneJustin125: (andersonw)
QuantumFruit: (Capricious)
Capricious: (armlx)
AniX: (Ration)

Someone: (Someone else)
Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, AniX, QuantumFruit, windkirby, Justin125, somestrangeflea, roffman
Last edited by xyzzy on Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #115 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by xyzzy »

forgot to put people who unvoted in "not voting"

will edit in a minute or two.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #116 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by xyzzy »

BTW, bunches of people aren't /uncowsing before /cowsing
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #120 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Suddenly a ninja enters the room!

Ninja: "With 2 to lynch, Occult and Capricious are voting for an XYZZY lynch! He dies! He was-"

And that's all she wrote.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #137 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Everyone gathers about and says, "I'm colorblind! What colors are your cloaks?"

Everyone except for MoS and Occult find this really quite normal, to have a group of 12 randomly colorblind people. MoS and Occult stare at them and just laugh.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #141 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by xyzzy »

non-italicised text=/=intended to convey information
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #147 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:13 am

Post by xyzzy »

If someone besides Phate or Xyzzy says something in italics, it should not be taken to have the same connotation as when one of them uses italics. Non-players lack non-public setup information.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #158 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:51 am

Post by xyzzy »

Mod: Can we lynch MOS?
As much of a relief as that would be, unfortunately, only people the Fish monkey God chose to do battle may actually be casualties. :(

No.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #207 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by xyzzy »

[mech=/cows count number three - like 2 vote changes
mech tag FTW

I will put poetry in the header of this /cows count

OOOOOOH someone voted someone else
instead of /cowsing them
but that's alright,
I spose it's tight
with meeeeeeeeeeee

...I'm sorry]Justin125: (andersonw)
Capricious: (armlx)
andersonw: (Capricious)

Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, AniX, QuantumFruit, windkirby, Justin125, somestrangeflea, roffman, Ration[/mech]

Please remember to un
vote
/cows before
vot
/cowsing.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #239 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:10 am

Post by xyzzy »

somestrangeflea wrote:Due to the fact that my workload has increased to the point where playing mafia has become nigh-on impossible, I am officially getting out of all my games.

Mod: My sincerest apologies, but I will need to be replaced.
Searching for replacement.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #241 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by xyzzy »

If you wish for a specific player to receive a prod or warning of replacement, ask. I ust realized I totally neglected that in the rules, since I prefer the policy that it's the players' responsibilities to keep the game going.

A man walks up on the hill. "Hi everyone," he says, "I'm Chris!"

A voice bellows out: "THE POWER OF CHRIS COMPELS YOU"

Chris then quotes the following:
scumchat wrote:(08:48:14 PM) jdodge1019: you need to own up to your own issues damnit
(08:48:18 PM) jdodge1019:
ACCEPT IT

(08:48:19 PM) Medicinal Oxygen: B/c your ass got beat
(08:48:27 PM) Medicinal Oxygen: THATS WHY
(08:48:36 PM) jdodge1019: i was in the local paper once
(08:48:43 PM) Medicinal Oxygen: THE POWER OF CHRIS COMPELS YOU
(08:48:50 PM) Medicinal Oxygen: yes chris
(08:48:58 PM) jdodge1019: WHO IS CHRIS
(08:49:04 PM) jdodge1019: AND WHY DOES HIS POWER COMPEL ME
(08:49:12 PM) Medicinal Oxygen: NONE OF YOUR BUSSINESS
(08:49:17 PM) jdodge1019: OK
(08:49:26 PM) Medicinal Oxygen: now that thats settled
(08:49:28 PM) xyzzy: I used to always name my character Chris in Pokemon games
(08:49:40 PM) Medicinal Oxygen: how does it feel to have your ass beat, zzy?
(08:49:42 PM) xyzzy: But I stopped at Diamond
(08:49:49 PM) xyzzy: And named my character xyzzy
(08:49:52 PM) jdodge1019: you are a retard, and a character that is supposed to represent you was named chris
(08:49:54 PM) jdodge1019: thus i take it
(08:49:57 PM) jdodge1019: that chris is a retard
(08:50:01 PM) xyzzy: lol
(08:50:02 PM) Medicinal Oxygen: ha
(08:50:10 PM) jdodge1019: WHY IS THE POWER OF A RETARD SUPPOSE TO COMPEL ME
(08:50:11 PM) xyzzy: THE POWER OF CHRIS COMPELS YOU
Chris leaves, after using his pwoer to COMPEL YOU ALL.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #249 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:54 am

Post by xyzzy »

Do you want a deadline, people? Please post.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #252 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Someone OMGUS's Someone Else!

/cows count number fourCapricious: (armlx, andersonw)
roffman: (windkirby)

Someone else: (Someone)
Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, AniX, QuantumFruit, Justin125, Mikeburnfire, roffman, Ration

As noted on this votecount, MBF replaces SSF.

Prods sent to everyone who hasn't posted in the last week. I am admittedly relaxed on lurking, since I kind of occasionally do it occasionally (ahem), but I will replace anyone who doesn't begin posting soon.
Last edited by xyzzy on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #261 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:54 am

Post by xyzzy »

O RLY? Fixed.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #262 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:59 am

Post by xyzzy »

This is one of a series of exciting FMG comics.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #264 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:43 am

Post by xyzzy »

Justin125 wrote:I need a replacement due to other matters.
Okay.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #267 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by xyzzy »

DizzyIzzyB13 replaces Justin125.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #293 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:22 am

Post by xyzzy »

/cows count number fiveCapricious: (armlx, andersonw)
serous: (Mikeburnfire)
Ration: (DizzyIzzyB13)

Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, AniX, QuantumFruit, roffman, Ration, windkirby
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #330 (isolation #28) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:31 am

Post by xyzzy »

/cows count number sixCapricious: (armlx, andersonw, windkirby, QuantumFruit)
Ration: (DizzyIzzyB13)
DizzyIzzyB13: (Capricious)

Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, AniX, roffman, Ration

Please remember to /uncows (or unvote, whatever?) before further /cowsing.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #368 (isolation #29) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by xyzzy »

if you don't post tomorrow because you're in Marathon Day I won't yell

/cows count number sevenCapricious: (armlx, andersonw, Capricious, DizzyIzzyB13)

Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, AniX, roffman, Ration, QuantumFruit, windkirby
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #383 (isolation #30) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:05 am

Post by xyzzy »

/cows count number eightCapricious: (armlx, andersonw, Capricious, DizzyIzzyB13, mikeburnfire, windkirby)
Ration: (roffman)

Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, AniX, Ration, QuantumFruit
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #401 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

/cows count number nine, and the final one!!Capricious: (armlx, andersonw, Capricious, DizzyIzzyB13, mikeburnfire, QuantumFruit, Ration)
Ration: (roffman, windkirby)

Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, AniX
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #402 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

The 12 of you come to a decision - apparently, some other group has infiltrated the Empire, working against you just as much as those involved in the plot during the Light of Night festival. There is only one logical conclusion - you need to gain information about this group, and you need it now. After all, if you're caught lacking any clues about who is working against you, you'll lose to enemies you can't see.

So because of this plan, after many hours of arguing and throwing around possibilities, one of your own realises he may be of use in determining the nature of these people. While you consider his potential use doing what he claims, you realise that he could very well be lying, and his death will provide a route to much more useful information even if he is lying.

You take him to the top of the hill, say your goodbyes, promise to find his family once this ordeal is over, and look up to the sky and say, "We have decided."

A harsh red light suddenly replaces the dark blue that was inhabiting the sky, and bright beams of light begin to peer down, and all around the man what look like glowing spears appear, as the ground begins to rumble. Smoke begins to appear in the sky above him, and then... it is all over. The lights disappear, and the sky returns to its normal color, and the night quickly approaches. You look around and discover unusual huts that were not previously there, placed all around the fire.

Capricious was a cop for the alternate scum group.

send choices

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #403 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by xyzzy »

As you wake up, you notice an odd smell in the air. As you walk toward the meeting place, you realize that it's smoke.
I thought we put the fire out?
, you think to yourself, puzzled. You look around, and notice another person, who you recognise from yesterday. As the events of the previous day come in to your mind, you begin to realize the source of the fire - one of the huts is on fire, and the smoke you smelled came from it. But it seems to far away for you to have smelled it as early as you did, which suggests that...
No, that's impossible,
you think to yourself. But as you look around, you realize that two huts are on fire, one closer to your own. You walk over to where the fire had been the previous night and sit down on a smooth, round stone, while a few others who arrived before you talk. Someone murmurs, "I saw... I saw a body, over beyond that hill," while pointing toward a tall hill far away. "I was afraid to see who it was, because they were bleeding and whatever killed them might have still been there. Maybe an animal...?"

Another person laughs. "Don't be naive! Did you see any signs of life other than our own around here? No, this wasn't something... but some
one
. And whoever did it will be severely outnumbered if they're still here. Let's see," he continues, as two more walk over, "looks like we have nine. So right now we're only missing one person. If they're there, then we're this much closer to saving our own lives. Come on, let's go check it out."

You consider this proposition, and decide it's probably best to oblige - while there is, of course, a danger here, it's nothing too dangerous that it's not worth the risk. You and the other eight begin a journey toward the top of the hill, discussing who is likely behind the death. About halfway through the journey you look behind yourself and notice that the huts seem to have vanished. You point this out to the others, who realise this means one thing: either one of the ten alive is beyond this hill, or they disappeared with the hut, perhaps to come back tonight... or... you ignore this other possibility, trying to ignore the nagging question of how it would feel to stop existing. You gulp, thinking of the unusual manner of the previous evening's death.

But as you approach the top of the hill, you discover that there are two bodies, one on each of two hills. One has wounds on two sides, suggesting a sword or perhaps a spear, while the other appears to be from a much smaller weapon. You gulp, wondering what will come of this day...

Mikeburnfire is dead. He was a cop for the Oligarchy.

QuantumFruit is dead. He was a vote thief.

Day two and 3 power roles knocked off already! Oh my!

It is day two. With nine alive, it is five to lynch!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #408 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:11 am

Post by xyzzy »

Mass-prodding anyone who hasn't posted yet today, on suggestion of previous post.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #413 (isolation #35) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by xyzzy »

All players dead so far have been protown. If a player is scum, then it will be noted in their death, and all alignments of the dead are on the front page.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #446 (isolation #36) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:25 am

Post by xyzzy »

/cows count number ten, because comtinuing numbering where we left off is cool is fun.DizzyIzzyB13: armlx
Roffman: Ration

Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, AniX, Windkirby, DizzyIzzyB13, Roffman, Andersonw
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #470 (isolation #37) » Fri May 02, 2008 2:53 am

Post by xyzzy »

Mass prod hitting all living players. Anyone who doesn't respond in 72 hours (starting Monday, since it's a weekend) in some way will be replaced.

Retractable deadline for 21 days from now. If activity picks up, this will go away.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #484 (isolation #38) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:48 am

Post by xyzzy »

/cows count number eleven, and not enough posting
Roffman: armlx
DizzyIzzyB13: Ration

Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, AniX, Windkirby, DizzyIzzyB13, Roffman, Andersonw

The following people have posted since the mass prod.

DizzyIzzyB13
armlx
windkirby
Serous
Tyfo

The following people have not and have approximately 1.5ish days to do so or be replaced.

andersonw
Ration
roffman
AniX

I guess being at the beginning of the list puts one at an advantage?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #489 (isolation #39) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:26 am

Post by xyzzy »

People who haven't posted have 154 minutes to do so.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #495 (isolation #40) » Tue May 06, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Finding replacements for AniX, roffman, and andersonw.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #496 (isolation #41) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by xyzzy »

AniX replaced by ZONEACE.

andersonw replaced by Oman.

Extending deadline until 2 weeks after all replacements are done and have read the thread.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #506 (isolation #42) » Fri May 09, 2008 9:39 am

Post by xyzzy »

Thesp replaces roffman.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #534 (isolation #43) » Fri May 16, 2008 10:33 am

Post by xyzzy »

/cows count number twelveDizzyIzzyB13: Ration
Thesp: armlx, DizzyIzzyB13, windkirby

Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, ZONEACE, Windkirby, Thesp, Oman

Prodding everyone who hasn't posted recently. Remember, deadline is 2 weeks form whenever all replacements begin posting.
Last edited by xyzzy on Fri May 16, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #536 (isolation #44) » Fri May 16, 2008 10:40 am

Post by xyzzy »

armlx wrote:Wait, which Thesp am I voting?
Oh, that was a stupid mistake.

/fixes
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #540 (isolation #45) » Sat May 17, 2008 6:01 am

Post by xyzzy »

xyzzy wrote:
Prodding everyone who hasn't posted recently.
Remember, deadline is 2 weeks form whenever all replacements begin posting.
Already have. I'll be looking for replacements to any of them who don't start posting.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #555 (isolation #46) » Mon May 19, 2008 10:04 am

Post by xyzzy »

It's been entirely too long with little to no content, and I don't wish to put any more stress on the replacement thread. Hence, this.

The Fish Monkey God boomed out once more, as the confused wanderers wandered some more. They had just gone over a hill next to a cliff, and some of their own had walked off like little lemmings. The Fish Monkey God, of course, was not at all dismayed by this turn of events; no, he was actually a bit annoyed at having to snatch a few more people out of different places to act in place of them, but not dismayed. "Hold on, a moment," said one of the ones who had jsut appeared. "Let's walk off of this cliff."

The Fish Monkey God watched in anger as the foolish mortal jumped off. "I just replaced you, fool!" he thought to himself. "Have you no sense?!?" So he decided the best solution was to rain down some heavely wrath on their puny selves, and thus we are back to said booming out. No, I'm serious, booming. He even got a microphone, just so that everyone would hear him.

In fact, everyone alive - and a few who weren't - heard him as he began to speak. "Ahem," they heard, translated into languages which were not their native tongues, whatever on earth a clearing of the throat would be in other languages. "Ahem," they heard again, only this time, for whatever reason, it was, in all peoples' ears, the African clicking language, you know the one. "What's going on with this blasted mic?" they heard, this time in an unusual accent in English.

Finally the Fish Monkey God began to speak clearly. "Aha! Here we go," he began, apparently having fixed the translator function of his microphone. "It has come to my attention," he began, "that all of you, or at least all of you living in the Empire. are rather unpleased with the current state of affairs in the government I so lovingly crafted for you. I'm okay with this, because, after all, I merely made you to stop a stupid war and I really don't expect you to be good at anything else, like not complaining about my policies. But that's another matter altogether, and I really have'nt the time to talk about it. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed, but I compromised.

"As you know, I set up a small battle which I've been televising for all of you ever since it began between various rivaling factions. And as you all know, many of these people have repeatedly chosen to ignore logic and do silly things like throw themselves over cliffs and force me to replace them. I have to say, it was very lucky of me that I thought of televising the event; otherwise, I really haven't a clue how I would've managed. However, as you can see," he said, as he adjusted a camera so it was pointed at the group, "they're entirely too busy bickering about what order they're going to jump off in to actually represent the various factions they've supposedly felt so strongly about for so long."

The group looked around. "Is that voice talking about us?" asked one of the people. "I'm certainly not arguing about who should go over first - I think we should all jump together!" He then proceeded to grab two of the others by the wrist. "Come on, we'll prove to the magic voice in the sky that we're able to cooperate by jumping off together! Everyone, this is our last chance to be famous! I mean, I heard the magic voice say something about television! As far as I know that hasn't even been invented yet. Let's be the first ones to ever get our fifteen minutes of fame on television! Won't it be exciting?"

"-And therefore, it is my sad summation of these events," continued the Fish Monkey God, not paying any attention to the group (they obliged), "that the group I assembled is in fact too incompetent to make a decision among themselves, and I'm sad to tell you all that any further attempts to determine who will ultimately be allowed to rule o'er the lands will ultimately just result in more dead /cows. For that reason, I really must do what I am about to do. I'm going to eliminate this foolish group altogether!

"ROCKS!", he began. Suddenly, all the various planets in the galaxy came into view of the planet, whoosing around into formation. They completely surrounded the planet, and every uninhabited planet in the universe drifted toward this one at an amazing speed. They stopped around it, though, only visible and not anywhere near the people.

"Well, look at that," said one of the people in the group. "Maybe we could go find cliffs in those places and jump off them! And then after we do that we can figure out what on earth is causing us to be able to see despite our planet being totally surrounded by other planets," in a ponderance which almost showed a bit of intelligence but stopped when it was followed by: "Maybe WE'RE producing that light! What a funny thing to think about!"

"FALL!" shouted the Fish Monkey God, and slowly the planets began to do just that. Slowly, at first, they begn to move toward the surface of the planet. They began to accelerate, just slightly, until they seemed to be only a few seconds away.

"EVERYONE!"

And indeed, everyone was now aware of the events going on. "I wonder why those planets are coming toward us?" asked one of the people. "I hope they don't hit us!"

"Don't be ridiculous," laughed one of the others. "Planets can't hit but a single point, where they land, unless they land in a cavern or something. And we're in the middle of a hill near a cliff! The only slightly bothersome thing about this is that the planets might have people on them who would want to inhabit our own planet. But even that doesn't affect us; we were just about to jump off of this cliff."

"DIES!" shouted the Fish Monkey God as the first planet made contact. A tremor shook through the whole planet, killing nearly everyone on it. None of those in the group survived the impact. As the second planet hit, only a few small organisms were still alive, and they were wiped out by the billions of planets that followed.

Interestingly, the resulting mass was nearly spherical in shape, minus a few bumps, and the sun made a rather largish hole in it before burning out, and all was dark. Of course, there were other stars, but the whole having their planets thrown out of place thing kind of screwed them up, so they became largely unimportant.

Meanwhile, on Earth, Xyzzy ended a game of mafia that was, in fact, completely unrelated to these events. I only stuck that bit in because he's a friend and he askec to be in and that's what he happened to be doing when it happened. I hope you'll understand. I don't always do favors like that.

tl;dr: Rocks fall, everyone dies. No one wins. Except for me, I guess, if I count as a survivor. Game over. You can go home now. Thanks, those of you who were active, especially DizzyIzzyB13 and Thesp, who were both extremely active upon replacement. Feel free to discuss the game now. I'll pull up my information from the setup in a bit and post it so you can all cry at how wrong you were about the setup. (Seriously, an unannounced cult in a mini where 2 people die N1? Do I really look that insane?)

GAME OVER. No one wins.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #558 (isolation #47) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by xyzzy »

btw i was lurking on purpose.
=what not to do if you want a game to survive.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #573 (isolation #48) » Mon May 26, 2008 11:50 am

Post by xyzzy »

Nearly everyone else alive was either a townie or scum.

Serial Killer:

windkirby

You are Qi'Axs'Ar, the Emperor of Korru, the largest nation on Mowfie. Since birth you have been pampered, living the life that any /cows wants to; your life has been, for all purposes, really great. All that recently changed, however. Several people from your own palace have now turned against you, and in the face of revolt, the people demand more rights. Your goal is to protect the empire from those who would wish to destroy it with dangerous democracy, or worse yet, the so-called "oligarchy" that threatens to destroy the harmony your people have experienced until now. You have at your side many tools in this goal, though: first, you have a long, pointy sword which you're fairly certain was passed down from someone's father to someone else's father down to you, which you have no idea how to use. That is not a problem, however: you're fairly certain that enough poking around with it will eventually make it work. Second, you have a very shiny orb. You don't know how the orb works, either, only that it's big and blue, and that as long as you don't lose it you should be pretty safe at night. This week there's a big bluishy star overhead, and supposedly you're pretty much immortal as long as you can see that big blue star. And as long as you have that orb. It's not leaving your pocket though, so it won't be an issue. Last, you look exactly like the revolters, so as long as no one pokes too closely they shouldn't be able to figure out that you look different from everyone else. Which is pretty strange, because you have the most fantastic hair in the Empire. Okay, recap: One, your goal is pretty much the death of everyone else. Two, you can kill someone every night to help you with this. Three, you can't be killed at night. Four, only extremely perceptive people will be able to tell that you're the Emperor. Good luck, and don't mess up your hair - you have a photo shoot next week for /COWS magazine.

You are a nightkill-immune SK, with immunity to regular cops (there may be someone specifically looking for you).

This is your fakeclaim:

Your name is Qi'Axs'Ar; you did not come to the city to celebrate; rather, you are on the run. You commited several minor robberies in a small nation south of the Empire, and as a result you're now in hiding. Luckily, no one recognizes you here, but you're worried. Your people have very good relations with the Empire, specifically because they are an empire; therefore, you have the best odds working with the Democracy. You win if no threats to the people's safety remains.

Mafia:

Ration

You are Lei'ha, a member of His Majesty's Royal Dancing Squad. Anyway, you're
psyched
about dancing for His Majesty - even thoe there's three of you (the other two are [~~~~~] and [~~~~~]) you can still tango with the best, in what has been described as "pretty much the coolest dance routine ever" by /COWS magazine, which qualifies you to most as the best. Recently, however, your leader, Vichi, has said something about some sort of cool "take-over" thing, and he claims it'll help you get on lots of magazine covers. You honestly could care less about that - entire magazines exist just to put your picture on their cover! You could say you're like Martha Stewart, except without the insider trading, or Oprah, without the, um... Tom Cruise on your couch. As far as you're concerned, you pretty much have it made, which is really cool. Anyway, every night you need to help your fellow dance-mates decide on someone to get rid of, which pretty much preoccupies anything else you might do. That's unfortunate, because the only thing you ever do is be glamorous, and you do it really well. Nevertheless, you always look good on camera - so good, in fact, that anyone who tries to figure out who you're working for will decide that you're hoping for democracy.

The facade works so well, though, that there are some secrets you keep from everyone - including His Majesty's Royal Dancing Squad. You are secretly a member of the nefariously largish Super Explosion Cult, a group with thousands of members who have infiltrated the entire world. The SEC has but one goal: total annihilation of a world ruined by the /lost. This is done in a variety of manners, most of them involving as much death as possible. Therefore, your death isn't very helpful to their ultimate goal of total takeover followed by nuclear holocaust (This is further hindered by the fact that the SEC has yet to develop nuclear weaponry...), so don't. If, when the battle for government ends, the only living players are members of the SEC, you will win with them. You know that there are two other SEC members in the area, and that they all know that one of their own is a member of His Majesty's Royal Dancing Squad. They are all aware of the SEC's ultimate goal, and how it affects their ability to win.

You are in the Mafia, a Godfather, and in the SEC.

This is your fakeclaim:

You are Lei'ha, the only living descendant of the great /lost artist Kimma; you came to the festival because you heard several of your ancestor's works were to be on display. You don't take sides in battles, but you've decided your best odds are with the Democracy. You win when no evil remains.

You are a townie.

===

Serous

You are Vichi, the captain of His Majesty's Royal Dancing Squad. Right now your only goal is to kill lots of people though, a goal entirely unrelated to dancing. One of those people is the Emperor, who rules over most of the planet. Right now he's powerless to stop you, though you merely need to locate him and kill him. To do this you have several tools: first, you have two other people, both in His Majesty's Royal Dancing Squad, [~~~~~] and [~~~~~] to help you. Make sure they don't die in the war to come. Second, you have a bow. You were trained with it when you were young, and you have deadly proficiency. You can eliminate one person every night with it. Third, you have your startling intellect. Use it to your advantage. There are those out there who make it their goal to end your life. End their lives more quickly, and victory will be yours.

You are in the Mafia.

This is your fakeclaim:

Your name is Vichi, and you're a traveling merchant. You decided that the capital was a good location to sell things, since thousands of people have met there to celebrate. You were not selling the things traded in your local village when the explosion went off due to you watching the events of the evening - so you unfortunately are without your village's native fighting knives, which might come in handy. However, you trust the ability of your fellow people to destroy whatever evil is attacking, so you should be safe. You win when all players alive are members of the Democracy.

You are a townie.

===

andersonw

You are Kraff, the newest member of His Majesty's Royal Dancing Squad. Since your childhood you have devoted your life to mastering the way of the dance, and nothing will stop you from becoming the best. His Majesty's Royal Dancing Squad was an easy way to get the skills you needed, and you're willing to go through with this plan your allies [~~~~~] and [~~~~~] have come up with. Powerful magic can bring you back to life in the event of your death, but only if your fellow dancers survive to do that which is necessary for it. You bring one important thing, though: you have behind your bland-looking cloak hauntingly powerful dance skills, so powerful that all will tremble. In fact, people have become paralyzed upon seeing your dance, and you're pretty good at reproducing it. Every night you may dance for someone, and they will be so entranced that they will be unable to move.

You are in the Mafia, a Roleblocker.

This is your fakeclaim:

You are Kraff, a soldier in the Imperial Army. However, while you are an excellent marksman, on the first day of the Light of Night festival the only weapon you have is your bayonet - all else is decorational. However, you can still use that a bit; even though it isn't fatal, it is a good way of keeping someone down for a bit. Every night you can strike someone with the bayonet and they will be unable to do anything that night. Though you are a soldier in the Imperial Army, you serve the people, so you have aligned yourself with the Democracy. You win when no threats remain.

You are a roleblocker.

Town:

Justin125

You are known as Mazia to your people. They are a very secretive people, and tend to avoid relations with other large cities. Supposedly you are from the northern part of the continent with some sort of king in it - but who that matters to, I don't know. Certainly not yourself. These people seem to want a common goal of overthrowing the government; so be it. Your allegiances lie with no one; may as well go with those most likely to survive. You win as long as the democracy wins.

However, behind the secretive, ambiguous, and above all apathetic way you see the world is a single allegiance. You are in line with a group of people known as the "Super Explosion Cult", who have goals you don't particularly care about. Only one thing about them interests you: they have an unusual plan to kill lots of very important people, including a few people you want revenge on. What that will involve doesn't matter; your life is meaningless to you; only what you accomplish matters. You've noticed the extremely secret emblem of the SEC a few times since you were brought to this place, so you know there are others here. There are two of them, and one of them is most definitely one of the oligarchal rebellion. They've probably determined the same. Whatever they're planning, it will most certainly occur if they and possibly you are the last people left of this; you'll win with the SEC if all the people left at the end are SEC members.

You are a townie in the SEC.

===

Tyfo

Your name is Faela. You are from the Southern Desert, a place warm by day and cold by night. The city was always hot, and this place is always cold. You are, it could be said, totally out of your element. But that is okay. You don't know why these people are attacking the Emperor, but you assume it has something to do with a desire to take over. You yourself are part of a royal lineage of your small wandering group of nomads; when your father passes from this world you will take over, leading your people. You've no interest in anything else, only knowing how you can effectively follow in his footsteps. Your people are part of the Empire, however, so you will follow what the majority of them follow: a desire for new leadership, governed by the people. You win when all who would stop that from happening are dead.

What your father doesn't know, though, is that the vile disease that the /lost brought has allowed its way into this world, and that you are part of an underground resistance to destroy all the evil that they have done, even if it means killing everyone. Right now, your goals include organization, so if you and any of the other members of this group, the Super Explosion Cult, or the SEC, are the only ones alive at the end of the game, you will win with them. There is one member of the Oligarchy and one other member of the Democracy in the SEC.

You are a townie in the SEC.

===

Roffman

You are Gamoz, a thief native to the city streets near the castle. As a thief you are merely trying to make a living; your parents died when you were young, and you have had no education. You are but a victim of a bad system, which must be fixed. You, unfortunately, look suspicious to all, however, since you're a thief; if anyone tries to determine who you are working for, they will assume that since you steal you are against your people and believe you to be working against them. Despite this, you win when the only remaining people are those who want democracy.

You are a miller.

===

armlx

Your name is Jezan. You are a hunter of... rather large animals. You have killed the most dangerous beasts, some of them large enough to crush small villages, both for glory and to protect those who would otherwise be killed by these creatures. You would do the same now to those who are trying to kill innocent people, but you unfortunately don't have a weapon. However, you will work to stop these vile people with the one weapon you have - a rope. You win when these threats to the peoples' safety are gone.

You are a townie.

===

QuantumFruit

You are Komenu, a young, ambitious politician in a large city northwest of the capital. Your people follow you because of your sharp mind and intelligent leadership; everywhere you go you try to win the hearts of those around you, and this unusual place will be no exception. You can influence those around you, and even control them; every night you can take control of another person's vote. The next day they will have no vote and you will have two votes. You want to gain more control over the people, and therefore win when all who oppose the Democracy are dead.

You are a vote thief.

===

Capricious

Your name is M'si'koh. Your people are largely disconnected from the Empire. Your only goal here is the death of the fewest possible people, and it is your belief that anyone who would wish to end lives meaninglessly should be stopped. Luckily, you have a way to make this happen: you are in possession of a small relic previously belonging to someone who tried to recruit you into an odd group. That person is now in prison, and your device seems to be capable of locating people in this group. Every night you may target someone and I will tell you if they are in this alternate group.

You are a cop who finds people in the alternate scum group.

===

somestrangeflea

You are Multu of the Eastern Cavern; your people are some of the most powerful in the world; three of those in the original battle against the /lost eventually settled down in the Eastern Cavern. You are all very good at finding and stopping evil, and you bring those skills to this place. Every night you may determine if one person is in the Oligarchy. I will tell you if they are. You win if all evil is defeated.

You are a cop who finds people in the Oligarchy.

===

AniX

You are Lezar, a nomad of sorts who has been traveling through the jungle for years, looking for some sign of the rumored green orb. You have yet to find it, though, and while you were in the middle of one such hunt, not in the jungle, but in the city square, you were whisked away to this strange location. The green orb, along with the red orb and the blue orb, provides protection to its bearer, but unlike the others, it provides not liberty from physical harm, but liberty from crime. You believe to kill innocents is the ultimate crime, and while you are suspicious of the method you've been given to bring justice, you will do everything you can here to make sure that the people are given justice. You are aligned with the Democracy.

You are a townie.

Each player received a cloak picture, though the cloak color had no significance. Obviously, as you can see, the only non-red herring in the flavor was the story about the orbs, but surprisingly that was about the only flavor people
didn't
decide was setup-relevant >.>

Hint: in future xyzzy games, assume that flavor has nothing to do with the game. 99% of the time, you'll be right.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”