Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:08 am

Post by Jolle »

We all seem to agree that MGIA's 'mixed drinks'-result is probably guilty. So I suggest that he reveals who is target was.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:01 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

OK, it was Herbert West. He's the one I checked on last night

And since everyone seems to be in agreement about it...

Vote Herbert West
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:08 pm

Post by Herbert West »

If I have to I'll roleclaim, but hopefully one of the cops has investigated me and can clear me. If not I'll tell you who I am tomorrow (or later today if they both post earlier). All I'll say at the moment is that I'm innocent.

It looks to me like the food - good/evil connection isn't as simple as we thought.
Remember kids, animals are a tasty alternative to tofu.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:16 am

Post by Otaku376 »

vote: Herbert West

I think that defense once again reaks of mafia scum trying to buy themselves some time to think of a decent roleclaim.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:05 am

Post by massive »

I can't see any connection with the Red Bull to the mixed drinks OR the being guilty, but I guess my interest is piqued enough to see what kind of clever thing Herbert West is going to come up with to explain why he gets mixed drinks.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Herbert West »

I have no idea why I get mixed drinks.

But I'm the reporter. I get to investigate on odd numbered nights, and the investigation result is posted to everyone in the thread. And I don't need to 'buy some time' as that's the truth. I didn't want to roleclaim as it's an investigative role (albeit one that everyone gets to see).

The reason Massive got investigated last night (post 333) :
(for instance, the reporter only knows that BB is the peeping tom because BB claimed it in the thread)
and post 340 :
OK, so the reporter is naive versus the reporter uses info put out in the thread.
I felt he was trying to get the reporter to roleclaim, and thus could easily be scum. Especially since it was clear that the reporter (and everyone else) knew that the BB was peeping since he had investigated him on the first night. Nothing to do with information in the thread. And since I'd got IS on night 3, I sure as hell wasn't naive.

I investigated Internet Stranger on Night 3 as I was certain he was scum, figured that everyone else would be pretty sure too, and I wasn't sure any of the cops would bother with someone who was quite so suspicious - let them hang themselves.

And Bananabob got investigated first night (sorry about that) purely because it was night one and he was at the top of the alphabetical list.

On the mixed drinks thing again, I have absolutely no idea. I spent a while yesterday trying to find any reason why a reporter would be ordering mixed drinks, but couldn't find any. Most of the fictional reporters I found seem to spend their lives drinking either beer or neat scotch, so I presume it's not what 'a class of person' would drink/eat.

This was also why I asked that if we did have a list of innocents, no roles would be attached - while I assumed it would be a given - I don't know how many useful investigative roles there are out there, and didn't want to just give the mafia a list of targets.
Remember kids, animals are a tasty alternative to tofu.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:29 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

Anyone want to counter that claim? if not that I think we can assume he's innocent since what he's said appears to be right
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:20 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Not entirely convincing... but we'll have to accept it as truth in the absence of a counter-claim.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:21 am

Post by Thoth »

I find it pretty convincing. He's certainly the reporter or he could just have claimed scum.
I'll need to read back a bit to catch up. That will probably happen tomorrow.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:27 am

Post by Otaku376 »

unvote: Herbert West
I find it convincing
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:06 pm

Post by Thoth »

Hmm, I've skimmed over the thread again. No time for a full read. It's difficult to find a good target though. Most of the really active and/or suspicious players are either dead or cleared in some way.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:15 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

I might be a bit paranoid here, but IMO there might be too many investigative roles here. I mean Otaku, me, Herbet West, M_G_I_A. Probably just me but 4 sounds like a damn lot to me...
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:36 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I agree BB, and if we could get full results from all four of you that would help sort it out. I can only find one result from Otaku (on Fishbulb) and three results from you (on MeMe, IS, and massive). HW's results are public and MGIA has given a full listing.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:08 am

Post by Otaku376 »

n1 MeMe n2 Dourgrim n3 Dourgrim embodies me n4 Fishbulb n5 MGIA
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:42 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

n1-meme, n2-Otaku , n3-IS, n4-Fuldu ,n5-Massive
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:44 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

I might be wrong with what choices I made coz I didn't keep them with me but all of them were innocent except IS.
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:42 am

Post by Jolle »

OK - with those results we can render some people (almost) confirmed innocent:

- Massive / Fuldu / Otaku (BB)
- MGIA (Otaku)
- Herbert West / Otaku / BB (claims)

That leaves Otaku376, NanookTheWolf, me, Morpheus, SinisterOverlord, Thoth.

Did anyone notice that Nanook hasn't posted for a very long time? I think he must be replaced.

Most of the players who are not confirmed innocent now (including me), haven't contributed that much in this game. So making suspicions is quite hard now. When I have some more time, I'll read the complete thread again, hoping to get aa good suspicion.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:27 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

Otaku's been cleared you know?
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:26 am

Post by Jolle »

I know - I should double/triple check my posts :P
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:01 am

Post by massive »

No one's cleared BB. We know how his ability works but no indication of which side he works. And I'm really irritated that Otaku laid out his results before BB, since I politely asked that BB reveal first. :)

Herbert West - I don't think you're naive. I just want to look at your "results" in light of what we know and what's been claimed. Your night one info just says that he was seen snooping around someone's house ... not what he was doing specifically. He may have lucked into the Peeping Tom role claim based on your report. We just don't know.

BB - can you give us a little more detail into your results? Do you get innocent / guilty or something with a little more detail?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:15 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

No, all I get is either a gangster or non-gangster result, but since gangsters are pretty much the same as gangster we can safely assume that non-gangster results are innocent results.

I never really claimed properly, but basically my character is one that is very lonely and unpopular person and is often made fun of at school, but inspite of that I still want to protect this town. As a result I have to resort to peeping on people in the shadows then openly "investigate" people as a proper cop would.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:52 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Well, massive, I'm comfortable with BB's claim. We've eliminated two of the three killing parties, and BB was attacked by the third on Night 3. I think that pretty much puts him in the clear.

My gut is telling me that we have a Godfather left, probably with an additional team member. You, massive, turned up in a publicly available investigation doing nothing at all last night. You have been pushing the town to suspect BB the whole game and were the one to call for investigative results (a perfectly safe thing to do as a Godfather, especially if you know you're the only one left on your team). I might be wrong about this, but I don't believe you're an innocent townie in this scenario.

vote: massive
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:20 am

Post by massive »

You are definitely wrong on this one. I'm leading the town to suspect BB for a good reason: he latched onto the reporter's article on day one while under heavy suspicion and a bandwagon, and hasn't been touched since despite putting out nothing of note in terms of his results. A Peeping Tom shouldn't get gangster/non-gangster, ESPECIALLY not a "troubled youth" as BB claims to be. His expanded roleclaim increases the lack of logic behind his roleclaim.

Fuldu: There are two things wrong with this statement:
Fuldu wrote:We've eliminated two of the three killing parties, and BB was attacked by the third on Night 3.
One is that we haven't proven that we've eliminated two of the three killing parties - and I don't believe we have. Night one Nanook died of gunshot wounds, meaning he had to be a stabber if he killed that night ... but night two, Quailman also stabbed Otaku. This means that the single bullet killer AND the large gunshot wound killer are at large, unless you think our vigilante killed on night one (he did have a shotgun).

Two is then that BB was attacked by the only remaining party. If we haven't removed the possibility that a second killing group exists, then you can't use IS's attack on BB as proof that BB is innocent - just that he isn't Mafia.

And I'm not even going to ask how BB peeped in on Otaku the night he was killed ... you know, while he was supposedly riding around in his cop car. The whole logic of BB's role just doesn't gel.

Yes, I may be hunting hard on BB. I have my reasons and they're not all in the thread. Calling me the godfather is off the chart.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:26 am

Post by Fuldu »

But Herbert West's investigation on BB didn't show him to be doing anything other than looking. So, unless you think we have two mafias and two SKs, and BB just wasn't the killing party for the as yet undiscovered mafia, he's not a killer.

Also, I tend not to be especially bothered by a lack of internal logic in roles. It's something to strive for as a mod, but a lack of it isn't good evidence that a role claim is fake. I mean, look at the standard doc role. The internal logic of that role is ridiculous, but nobody questions it, because that's the way the game is played. The idea that the doc is following somebody around, waiting for that specific person to get attacked, but would then have absolutely no idea what that person did during the night is just silly.

I'll agree that Peeping Tom doesn't quite seem the best put together role, as Banana Bob has presented it to us. But it's possible there are aspects of it that he's glossing over (so as not to run afoul of the "Don't quote the mod" dictum) or leaving out (for pro-town reasons). As for calling you the GF, I was merely positing a theory that, I feel, fits the facts. More than anything, I wanted to remind people that having all these innocent results doesn't guarantee anything at this stage. I just happen to think that you make a good candidate for the role.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:27 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Vote Count:

Herbert West -1- (Mr_Gnome_It_All)
Massive -1- (Fuldu)

Not voting -9- (Banana Bob, Herbert West, Jolle, Massive, Morpheus, Nanookthewolf, Otaku376, SinisterOverlord, Thoth)

Deadline 72 hrs from post!!!!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”