Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Patrick »

Incognito wrote:This is correct. He seemed to be casting some suspicion towards opie but he was unwilling to place a vote on him. The vote only came after the case was fostered by Adel and a few people expressed at least minimal support for the case. If you could point me in the direction of this meta that supports that he does this as town, that would be nice.
I caught a bit of a similar vibe off one of his posts in Big Love Mafia (which I wasn't in, but I like to dip into alot of games). It's This Post which he made shortly after Ether replaced in. Particularly the bit where he said, "Could you provide more detailed reasons? At a glance, your suspicions make a lot of sense, though." It seemed like he was kind of supporting it whilst encouraging her to lay out the case. Guardian was town.

Also, in Pick your Poison Mafia, which I was also in as town, Guardian was accused of something similar in the sequence starting with This Post. Kind of waiting to see how other people would react to the case before pushing it further. (Guardian is town, Setael is scum). Also, now I'm thinking about it, in This Post Guardian pretty much completely strawmanned someone's case against him, when that player presented alot of theoretical possibilities and he broke them down and addressed them as if they were all true simultaneously.

These aren't exactly the same as what's happened in this game, but seeing him do those things as town makes me think that there's at least a reasonable chance that he's genuine in saying that he doesn't believe what you've called him out on is scummy. It doesn't make it all go away but does mean that I'm more suspicious of several other people.

=======================================
Votecount #14

opie - 4 (Adel, Oman, Guardian, ChaosOmega)

Guardian - 2 (opie, Incognito)
Jitsu - 2 (Erg0, Patrick)
Oman - 1 (Jitsu)
Xyltixlm - 1 (Matt_S)
TrustGossip - 1 (pickemgenius)
Matt_S - 1 (Xylthixlm)

Not voting - 0 (nobody)

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
Deadline for D1: Saturday March 1, 10:55AM GMT+10
=======================================
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Incognito »

I've read through the Big Love Mafia game, and I think that situation was very different from the one we have here with opie. The Pick Your Poison Mafia scenario, on the other hand, does seem very similar to what has happened in our game though. That addresses at least one point of my case but there's so much more to my case than his lack of backing up his suspicions with a vote (for example, his reaction(s) to my case). I think my vote is still in the right spot for now.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I pity you both for having read Big Love.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Incognito »

I didn't read all 110 pages of it. o_O
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Patrick »

Erg0, I was a rantbuddy to like 4 of the players in Big Love, but I certainly didn't read it all.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I still pity you.

Coming soon: content!
V/LA most weekends.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Patrick: I didn't like Xylthixlm's comments because it seemed he tried to destroy people's credibility without actually proving anything. Seemed to be trying to attract negative attention to other people without reason. As for Incognito, he and Guardian got uncooperative, and it seemed Incognito contributed more to the conflict. Probably just caused by anger, but stating that you won't answer a person's questions isn't constructive no matter what the reasons.

I don't really see Jitsu as scummy. He contributed quite a bit, and he asked lots of questions, which I like. People said he backed down after opie grew more unpopular. The way I see it, he made his points and moved on. Jitsu offers explanations for why he does things, and his explanations seem satisfactory, though a little complicated and hard to follow.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:48 pm

Post by Adel »

Incognito wrote:I, too, would support a Jitsu lynch as opposed to a Matt_S lynch.
I'm shocked.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:20 am

Post by Incognito »

Adel wrote:
Incognito wrote:I, too, would support a Jitsu lynch as opposed to a Matt_S lynch.
I'm shocked.
Why?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:39 am

Post by Guardian »

I re-read Erg0, cuz I had this creepy suspicion about him. And I liked his case on Jitsu. 129 really does seem like a back-out/turnaround. But, Oman posted that he had been joking a bit before... so I could see Jitsu reacting to that.

I find it highly unlikely that Pat or Erg0 are scum with Jitsu, in any event.

unvote vote: Jitsu

I was sympathetic with Erg0's case, and Patrick's, so I want to see where this wagon takes me.

opie remains suspicious for me.

oh: Incognito, you're voting badly. protip: unvote.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:06 am

Post by Jitsu »

Guardian wrote:I re-read Erg0, cuz I had this creepy suspicion about him. And I liked his case on Jitsu. 129 really does seem like a back-out/turnaround. But, Oman posted that he had been joking a bit before... so I could see Jitsu reacting to that.
I don't really know what else to say. Saying that post 129 seemed like a back-out/turnaround is pointless, but I've already admitted that it was a turnaround. I explained my reasons as best I could. My opinions did change because I decided to reread with a more open mind and then saw other possibilities on how to interpret things. I am always seeking additional information to validate/contradict my theories, and I am not afraid to change my mind if I think I might be wrong.

Guardian, now more than a few pages ago, you didn't seem to agree with the case against me. But now you like Erg's case against me? I'd like you to explain specifically what changed your mind, please. Though actually, I'm not convinced that you really believe the case on me as much as you say you do.

Regardless of whether that's true or not, I'm not going to crumble or crack under the pressure, because I'm innocent, and it is in the town's best interest that I not do so.

My explanations of what happened were the truth, and I've already tried to clear things up a couple of times. If someone has questions for me or wants me to explain something further, I am more than happy to do so. I don't fear being in the spotlight because I have nothing to hide.

Also, I can see that the pressure on me is benefitting the town. Things should be a little clearer to me once I see how this wagon proceeds against me and how people react to it.

In any case, I no longer think Oman is the best place for my vote. I'm still trying to figure out who is, but now, it's best that I
Unvote
for now.
Guardian wrote:I find it highly unlikely that Pat or Erg0 are scum with Jitsu, in any event.
I know that are right (because I am innocent), but I admit I'm curious to hear how you came to this conclusion.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Adel »

A word of advice for those preparing metas on other players, comparing day 1 bahavior to behavior on later days is a clear apples to oranges comparison.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Patrick »

Adel wrote:A word of advice for those preparing metas on other players, comparing day 1 bahavior to behavior on later days is a clear apples to oranges comparison.
Not necessarily. It depends what habit you're looking at.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Guardian »

Jitsu wrote:Guardian, now more than a few pages ago, you didn't seem to agree with the case against me. But now you like Erg's case against me? I'd like you to explain specifically what changed your mind, please.
My mind changed, significantly? Re-reading the case made me want to vote you.
Jitsu wrote:Though actually, I'm not convinced that you really believe the case on me as much as you say you do.
How much is that, anyways?
Jitsu wrote:Regardless of whether that's true or not, I'm not going to crumble or crack under the pressure, because I'm innocent, and it is in the town's best interest that I not do so.
Ah, but if you were scum, you would totally crumble and crack under pressure, to help the town out?
Jitsu wrote:I don't fear being in the spotlight because I have nothing to hide.
That's cool. I totally fear the spotlight. Spotlight is one step away from lynch, and me being lynched is about the worst contribution I can make for my faction.
Jitsu wrote:
Guardian wrote:I find it highly unlikely that Pat or Erg0 are scum with Jitsu, in any event.
I know that are right (because I am innocent), but I admit I'm curious to hear how you came to this conclusion.
Their cases on you aren't one sentences FOS's. They are long, detailed, and they have both been trying to encourage others to lynch you. BUSing you when no one else was suspicious of you with so many other potential lynch targets doesn't make sense.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Adel »

@oman do you still feel that Jitsu is pro-town? He was so good as town in our last game together, and I buy him as town so far in this game, that I want to defend him. Care to join me?
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:10 am

Post by Jitsu »

Guardian wrote:My mind changed, significantly? Re-reading the case made me want to vote you.
I don't know if it was a significant change or not. In 307, you said you didn't see the inconsistency. Now you do. Erg0's case was decently made, but I don't see what details he added about the turnaround that Incognito hadn't touched on before. Maybe you could enlighten me?
Jitsu wrote:Though actually, I'm not convinced that you really believe the case on me as much as you say you do.
How much is that, anyways?
Jitsu wrote:Regardless of whether that's true or not, I'm not going to crumble or crack under the pressure, because I'm innocent, and it is in the town's best interest that I not do so.
Ah, but if you were scum, you would totally crumble and crack under pressure, to help the town out?
Jitsu wrote:I don't fear being in the spotlight because I have nothing to hide.
That's cool. I totally fear the spotlight. Spotlight is one step away from lynch, and me being lynched is about the worst contribution I can make for my faction.
Jitsu wrote:
Their cases on you aren't one sentences FOS's. They are long, detailed, and they have both been trying to encourage others to lynch you. BUSing you when no one else was suspicious of you with so many other potential lynch targets doesn't make sense.[/quote]
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Jitsu »

Ugh, my login timed out and my reply got largely lost. I will fix it later tonight.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:12 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Jitsu was the one I was curious about when I wasn't voting for opie.

Jitsu has made me fairly uncurious, and I feel better about.

Vote: Opie
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Erg0 »

Right now I'm not sure whether Jitsu was trying to cover himself with his original reversal, or if he's trying to cover himself for the reversal now. The explanation makes some sense, but I have to ask:

Jitsu, I got the feeling when reading your post 129 that you were trying to give the impression that you'd figured things out earlier than you actually had. Do you think that this is a fair statement?
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by Oman »

Please don't lead the witness Erg0.

I'm uncertain about PEG's vote thar. What is the connection between you, Opie, and Jitsu, Peg?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Patrick »

Adel wrote:@oman do you still feel that Jitsu is pro-town? He was so good as town in our last game together, and I buy him as town so far in this game, that I want to defend him. Care to join me?
You called Opie's early case on Guardian bullshit, and voted him for it. When opie made the case, Jitsu expressed agreement with it, and threw a FoS on Guardian, whilst voting someone who you apparently believe is protown. I tend to think going along with a bad case is worse if anything than putting it forward to start with, so I don't see why you aren't also at least a bit suspicious of Jitsu for supporting a case that you think is crap. Please explain what is so great about Jitsu in this game that makes you think he's town.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Was that a leading question? I'm trying to get an idea of Jitsu's motivations here, as I think they're relevant to the interpretation of his behaviour.
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Oman »

Adel wrote:@oman do you still feel that Jitsu is pro-town? He was so good as town in our last game together, and I buy him as town so far in this game, that I want to defend him. Care to join me?
Eh, missed that.

Well, I would be happy to help you. I feel that Jitsu is flailing a bit, but I do not believe him to be scum / he should not be lynched yet. I should go through looking at the cases on him. I'd be willing to be there is at least 1 or 2 scum on him right now.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Adel »

Patrick wrote: One of the few players here that I have any meta on, and that is that she always looks like scum to me. .
A couple of questions--

did you hear that ryan just got banned recently for posting a role PM in a game? ABR got me lynched day 1 or day 2 in my next four games after that, he was town aligned in all four and I was only scum in the last one. I was the doctor two of those times. He just posted in MD that he is only going to mod for now on. What was notable about my play in Friends and Enemies?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Adel »

Patrick wrote:
You called Opie's early case on Guardian bullshit, and voted him for it. When opie made the case, Jitsu expressed agreement with it, and threw a FoS on Guardian, whilst voting someone who you apparently believe is protown. I tend to think going along with a bad case is worse if anything than putting it forward to start with, so I don't see why you aren't also at least a bit suspicious of Jitsu for supporting a case that you think is crap. Please explain what is so great about Jitsu in this game that makes you think he's town.
He may be scum.
opie
is
scum.

I prefer to pick the low-hanging fruit.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”