Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:23 am

Post by Holy »

@soupfly: I disagree with your suggestion, because I don't find myself recognizing where the store and the start item claim will lead us to a clear conclusion.

From the reliable town newspaper (The Freaktown Sun-Times) we got:
Day 1> Mafia seen in nearby stores giving each other objects.
Day 3> Mafia enjoys the town’s inability to find a single Mafia member. Plus the information of BM's and MoS' alignment.

The dead list and their items, plus random comments:
1. Found Dead on NIGHT 1: scotmany12.
Item beside his body: painkillers.
Painkillers was available to picked on the next day.
2. Lynched on Day 1: Kilroy8675309.
Survivor DVD was on the ground on the dawn of Day 1.
Claimed USING his item (item from his store? for which action?) and picked Survivor DVD.
After him lynched, Survivor DVD was available to picked again on Day 2.
From the rules, Sexy Time needs min 2 items plus another requirements, Bonus Action needs min 3 items, Mayor Status needs 3 items + alcohol.
//I think he might be the scum who giving his item to another scum OR given items from another scum so he was able to USE the items.
3. Found Dead on NIGHT 2: MoS.
Claim on Day 1, received: none.
Keep: Microwave.
Pick: Unreal Tournament Disc.
Items beside his body and ready to pick on the next day: Microwave, Unreal Tournament Disc, Seinfeld DVD (Night 2 grabs, I guess).
Was TOWN, informed from The Sun-Times day 3.
4. Lynched on Day 2: Battle Mage.
Claim on Day 1, keep: Textbooks.
Pick: Chocolate Chip Cookies & Messenger.
Was TOWN, informed from The Sun-Times day 3.
At dawn, TODAY we found: Textbooks, Chocolate Chip Cookies & Messenger. Followed by: Da Vinci Code item.
//I believe he might be indeed the Bookmobile owner. Thus, item: Da Vinci Code might be a book of his.
5. Found Dead on NIGHT 3: Sikario8.
Claim on Day 1, keep: Sam's Cola.
Pick: Painkillers.
On day 2: Sam's Cola laid on the ground.
Items beside his body and ready to pick on Day 3 (TODAY): Painkillers & Ale 8-1.
//So far, every night there's only one victim, I believe in here there's only between Mafia VS Townies. If that's the case, I guess all our Night victims might be Town of course.
=============
From here the news from Sun-Times might be not so reliable anymore.
Mod Killed Day 3:
6. Aimee.
Claim on Day 1, keep: Mail.
Drop: none. Pick: none. Received: none.
Item beside her body Day 3: Mail.
7. Carrotcake/FaerieLord.
Claim on Day 1, pick: none.
Drop: Messenger.
Item beside his body Day 3: Facebook.
8. Fritzler.
Claim on Day 1, drop: Blockus.
Received: Full metal jacket dvd.
Item beside his body Day 3: Buzzword.
9. ibaesha.
Claim on Day 1, give: Full metal jacket dvd. And holding none after that.
Claim on Day 2, pick: Sam's Cola.
Item beside her body Day 3: Apples to apples, Legally Blonde, Sam's Cola, Oven.
//It's kind of weird, because Oven since the beginning of Day 2 always laid on the ground, never picked (I'm using filter for rajrhcpfreak's posts when checking that).
//Interesting note: I can see the items connection between Full metal jacket dvd and Legally Blonde, but not how Apples to apples could be on that items group. She's perhaps a trading scum.
10. IH.
Claim on Day 1, keep: Sorghum.
Item beside his body Day 3: Sorghum & Rice.
11. Jex/MafiaSSK.
Claim on Day 1, pick: none.
Drop: Fish. I.e. holding: none.
Item beside her/his body Day 3: NONE.

I don't know if the list is helpful or not, but at least my messy notes would-be studied better after I rearrange it here.

@Soupfly: On a second thought (it happens when I'm re-listing my notes), I might be supporting a store claim. But will wait for the majority opinions about it.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:30 am

Post by Holy »

^Hm, lack of enters... /dizzy x_x;
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:28 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Since everyone is talking about stores, I might want to remind the old people and the newbies that there is a list of them here.

Day Three: Page 53 Vote Count

tautology: 6 (Holy, farside22, Andycyca, Kinetic, Dark Ermac, KaleiÐoscøpe)
JDodge: 1 (Tarhalindur)

Not Voting: 9 (Mariyta, JDodge, MissMoo, YagamiLight, Flameaxe, Porochaz, the silent speaker, tautology, soupfly)

9 for a Lynch

Group Inventory:

Marble
Oven
Microwave
Seinfeld DVD
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Da Vinci Code
Pecan Pie
Savage Garden CD
Sunflower
Sorghum
Rice
Facebook
Apples to Apples
Legally Blonde
Oven
Sam’s Cola
Mail
Buzzword

The Deadline will occur 8:00PM EST on February 24, 2008

If a majority isn't reached by Sunday, February 24th, then it will take half the number to lynch.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Holy, did you actually check all of Raj's posts to do that list? Kudos.

Again, I'll claim if majority/consensus wants, but I believe it could lead us to more confusion.
-----------------
On another note: wouldn't it be time for Taut to defend himself? We have 8 days 'til deadline and if nothing changes, he'll be our lynch...
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I am of the opinion that a store claim is not a bad idea, however we currently have a hard deadline. Thus: If you can convince Raj to delay the deadline until we hear all store claims, I'll go with it. If you cannot, I can only vote against Store Claim on the principal that we will not be able to get everyone to claim in time.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Is there a case on Taut, I havent seen it.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Dear Poro,

I will not provide you with a reason to vote someone or not so that you can push off any lingering guilt on me. I am voting them for my own reason. If you would like to vote them, please have your own reasons as well.

If you have someone you would prefer to vote, please vote them. If you intend to give someone else your vote, please either just claim scum or be replaced.

With Love,
Kinetic
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Dear Kinetic,

Regretfully I have not been active in this game, I am currently trying to rectify this. A basis for a vote does not have to be differing reasons for everyone, otherwise this game would get boring and be hard. I currently see no reason to vote Taut, I am asking for a case, anything, as I find the people on the current bandwagon scummy, especially the folk who are asking him to defend himself. Now please, if your not going to help, shut the fuck up.

With love and kisses

your darling Chaz
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:26 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Dear Porochaz,

I really cannot, as you so eloquently put it, "shut the fuck up" at your request. You see, I have tried to be active in this game or at least not taking up space. When I see someone doing either one or the other (or both, in your case), I find little reason to cut them any slack.

If, by rectifying your own self-proclaimed errors, you can find a reason to vote for Taut, then vote for him. You also can vote for anyone else in the game, and I encourage you to vote someone. You are correct, people do not have to have different reasons for voting, but they should arrive at those reasons independently. If they do not, then it gives them the (wrong) excuse to blame someone else for their own actions.

My intentions are not to help you, but to help the town. The best way to help the town is to force you to be more active. If you ARE a part of the town, I will thus be helping you. If you do not find me helpful, maybe it is because you are scum.

Your loving companion (or enemy, but still very loving),
Kinetic
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Holy:

Haven't read you're whole thing, but did notice you say you believe that this is Mafia vs. Townies. However, we have heard some lingerings about a cult. I think its fair to say that there is a cult around as well.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Post by Holy »

@Andy: Only skimming if there's something I want to re-check, and the Day 1 item list was scribbled while reading, when replacing last year.

Holy wrote:Mod Killed Day 3:
9. ibaesha.
Claim on Day 1, give: Full metal jacket dvd. And holding none after that.
Claim on Day 2, pick: Sam's Cola.
Item beside her body Day 3: Apples to apples, Legally Blonde, Sam's Cola, Oven.
//It's kind of weird, because Oven since the beginning of Day 2 always laid on the ground, never picked (I'm using filter for rajrhcpfreak's posts when checking that).
//Interesting note: I can see the items connection between Full metal jacket dvd and Legally Blonde, but not how Apples to apples could be on that items group. She's perhaps a trading scum.
So, I'm googling: Apples to Apples.
It seems Apples to apples is a card GAME.
Note: Apples to apples never touch the ground for us to see or pick.

rajrhcpfreak wrote:Raven Tales
  1. Risk
  2. Settlers of Catan

Video Corner
  1. Lord of the Rings
  2. Star Wars

From all the shop, there's only 2 Game Shop.
I checked: Risk & Settlers of Catan are board game.
Was laid on the ground: Unreal Tournament Disc & Age of Empires.
And I noticed someone said he need: World of Warcraft.
LoTR, Star Wars, Unreal, AoE, WoW; all 5 fit to 1 category and I believe the shop is: Video Corner.
Thus, Apples to Apples belongs to the "Raven Tales" shop, I suppose.

Holy wrote:Mod Killed Day 3:
8. Fritzler.
Claim on Day 1, drop: Blockus.
Received: Full metal jacket dvd.
Item beside his body Day 3: Buzzword.
I checked: Blockus & Buzzword are boardgame.
Thus, Raven Tales owner was Fritzler.

I don't understand why Fritzler gave Apples2apples to Ibby, might be because earlier Ibby gave FMJ dvd to him, or because they were simply scum that trading to fulfill at least Ibby's item goals.

Hm, scum and their lies... I guess I'm more in the mood for a lynch instead pushing claims right now. Lynch teh scum! ^.^
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Post by Holy »

Kinetic wrote:Holy:

Haven't read you're whole thing, but did notice you say you believe that this is Mafia vs. Townies. However, we have heard some lingerings about a cult. I think its fair to say that there is a cult around as well.
Hmm, interesting.. there's a cult... I'll put that in mind.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:40 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Apples to Apples is more of a Board game then a card game. I worked at a game shop in Orlando and it was shelved with the Board Games, and not with the card games. I've never played it, but it is prob a card game in the same sense that Monopoly is a card game.

Risk, Settlers, Blockus, and Buzz are also all Board Games. I've played Blockus, Settlers and Risk. Blockus is like Tetris.

Ibby and Fritz already said they were trading items. Not a huge surprise really.

I really hope Risk is not int he dead items box :(. If someone can pick that up and send it to me, I would be appreciative.

Raj, can anyone maybe use a Night action to go into a store and pick something up from there. Maybe instead of getting a random item from their own shop?

If someone has that ability (and the more I think about it, the more logical it might be that something might have it, go get me Risk please :P. I promise you won't regret it When I use my other ability on you.

I'll give everyone a hint. All my abilities can be used to Protect the town in one way or another. I will not explain them all until I can actually use them.

Also, one more thing before I forget: I do not think Ibby was scum. I'm almost positive she wasn't.

You see: I sent her the Seinfeld DVD. However, the very night I sent it to her, it wound up in MOS's hands when he died. So I suspected her as either Cult or Mafia, leaning toward Cult because sending the item to MOS and then killing him would be a foolish play as mafia, in my opinion, since it linked her with him. When MOS came up as town: that means one of four possibilities-

Ibby is cult, the cult is pro-town or neutral, sent the item to MOS-town to help the town.

Ibby is scum, sent the item to MOS to help me think she was town when MOS came up town. She did send the kill in, after all, and would know MOS would die that night.

Ibby and MOS are both cult, cult status does not turn up when someone dies.

Ibby is town, sent the item to MOS because she thought he was town as well.

Cheerio.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Holy »

^Okay, after your explanation of Ibby's action, Ibby-town or Ibby-cult is kind of make sense, especially because MoS was town.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:34 am

Post by soupfly »

since there are still so many scum alive i'm not surprised by the negative reaction some of you had to my store claim idea. at this point i don't really care what some of you think because you're probably scum. the idea is sound and makes sense:
1) we can eliminate the stores of the people we know are already dead
2) the remaining people will have to claim the remaining stores.
3) some of the stores we know to be scum stores (reread if you don't know which)
4) scum will be forced to adopt claims of town stores to not be associated with scum stores.
5) this will cause conflicts (townies and scum claiming the same store) and will narrow down our list of scums.

its that simple so i'm not buying the fact that some people don't see the need for this.

i will begin.

claim: Ace Hardware Store
items: 1=Nails, 2=Bolts, 3=Cement, 4=Thread, 5=Staple

next person to claim should be: Andycyca

if you're town you have nothing to lose by doing this but scum will certainly protest...spare us and just claim...or die.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:08 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Huh. That's very interesting, Kinetic. What I find most interesting about it is that MOS was very much a follower of Ibaesha way way back on day 1 (he died on night 2). His entry onto the (IMO scum-riddled) Mariyta bandwagon looks like it was partly in reaction to moves made against Ibaesha. Funnily enough, it was MOS who first charged that Taut was scum for lurking with seeming intention. So I very much buy a connection between Ibby and MOS.

The morning newspapers with alignments of Ibby, IH, FaerieLord, and MafiaSSK will be intersting reading, I think. I could very easily see two outright scum in that group.

I think Mariyta, taut, and now Kinetic are probably all nonscum (at least at the start).

I am sure I remember that someone claimed ownership of FYE. Who was it?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

A couple of things just showed up that are far more concerning to me than JDodge (or taut, for that matter).
Unvote
pending answers to some questions.

Soupfly, I want you to explicitly state which stores you think are scum stores and why. You have absolutely no reason not to do so if you are town. Saying "reread if you don't know which" just won't cut it for me - if you are pointing out specific stores as scum stores using the justification I think you're using, then the most logical conclusion for me is that you are scum trying to trick the town into outing power shops. I will fully explain the reasoning for this request after you have explained your thoughts.

Holy, your recent posts analyzing the item/shop situation is pinging my scumdar. I would like you to list the three players you think are most likely to be scum, with reasons.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Kinetic »

In the one other game I played with Soup, he was this stubborn as well. I was scum, he was town, but from what I can understand about Soup's play, it goes like this:

When he thinks he's right, no matter what reasonable argument you throw at him, he will dig his heels and refuse to budge. If you think he's wrong, he will get annoyed/angry/borderline belligerent, that you would
dare
question him. He will then list a whole slew of things that he's accomplished in his "real" life, to prove his point. Rarely this does nothing but make people ignore his arguments, which then causes him to become angrier, and the vicious circle ends with Soup being lynched because no one wants to listen to him anymore.

That being said, Soup may be very gruff and hard to like, but I think he's a townie right now.
Soup:
I also think that you need to slow the hell down and allow your reasoned arguments to do the talking, instead of your impulsive actions. You will make more friends with honey than vinegar.

I agree that he should explain himself, mainly because I've learned that trapping rarely works on scum. Especially when you TELL THEM THE TRAP is there. It usually only pings inattentive townies, and we need more mis lynches like we need holes in the head.

That being said, Tar, I am greatly disappointed in you. Holy so far has been actively participating, and at least
trying
to spread knowledge around. What you just did was call her scummy because of it.
SHAME.
Information helps town, disinformation and convincing them that secrets are needed to win only helps the scum.

Second, whenever you make a request of someone, I find it to be good manners to at the very least follow your own request. If you want HER to list HER top suspects because all of a sudden YOU think she could be scum, you should pony up and do the same.

Finally, giving such narrow ultimatums just makes people angry and causes gut reactions. All I saw in your post Tar was blatant attempts to prod and poke at both Soup and Holy. Both of whom have shown off a lot more townie qualities than yourself so far.

So now, I'm going to do the same thing to you Tar.

Why do YOU think there are "power shops". This is the first I've heard of this concept (although it may have been mentioned before in passing, I don't believe there has been an active discussion about the topic). Please elaborate on what you think a "power shop" is, what its use will be, and how you have "stumbled" upon this information.

You have asked Holy to list her suspects. Now I want you to list YOURS. I believe you should do it before Holy, but if Holy does list hers, I damn well better see you reciprocating. There is nothing a despise more than someone forcing someone else to jump through hoops that they are clearly not willing to jump through themselves.

And finally, why did you feel the way you addressed these issues was the best way. Do you really think that accusing everyone you want answers from of being scum and that refusing to answer you is even more scummy will get you the answers you want? Or are you just loading the questions so that no matter what they answer you can twist it into something you find scummy.

I do not like YOUR behavior one bit, and you have jumped up my own personal list.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Andycyca »

OK I have 10 minutes of internet access right now, so this'll be quick

I own the Music store (or whatever is called) It spawns musical instruments: bass, guitar, drum, flute, trombone.

More tomorrow
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

kinetic: having three items allows you to steal items or destroy items.
your question about risk, it is in the destroyed item list.
can someone steal an item in the destroyed item pile if they have three of their items goals? maybe.
will it work if you have a destroyed item goal? maybe.

and the question about pushing the deadline back.. sorry but the deadline stays.
good news is the mandatory number of days i would make the deadline is 14 (2 weeks).
so within the next couple of days the deadline will be greater than the number of players giving enough time so you all can mass claim as much as your heart desires.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Steal items...

Like from other players, other stores?

Do you need to know what items they have to steal them...

Wow, that would have been very important information... lol
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by Kinetic »

And of course, its right out in the open too... oh my, lol.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Kinetic »

HALT STORE CLAIM IMMEDIATELY:

Soup, if what I think Raj is telling me is correct, and you can STEAL items only from stores, which it certainly seems like he is saying (won't know until he confirms), then anyone knowing your store is a BAD thing for town, since we already know the scum and/or the cult have an advantage with being able to coordinate their actions.

I believe even you can see that the store claim is now a VERY VERY VERY bad idea if this is true.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

no you can only steal items from players. not the stores they own. the items from the stores they own can only be unlocked through the rolling of the dice.

now since there is a destroying element to the items, you would assume that there is a way to restore destroyed items. hence stealing from the destroyed pile.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:39 pm

Post by Kinetic »

OK, Store claim doesn't need to immediately end, but I still am not feeling right about it. I feel like there is something I'm missing and I need to think about it more.

Does stealing items require you to know which item you want to steal? If not, do you pick a person and just steal a random item? Can you be targeted with multiple steals? Is there any situation in which a steal can fail normally, without the intervention of an ability?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”