Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

PJ just gives me uneasy vibes. AlKo is obvscum.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:35 am

Post by farside22 »

al_kohaulec wrote:
farside22 wrote:@MeMe: Why do you think JDGA is the jester. I would say Sarcastro is more likely the jester do to his constant. Lets lynch her she is scum comments over and over. His hammer vote day one and the fact he thinks anyone can claim doctor and it looks good.
That said why hasn't anyone asked what the picture of the doctor is. Obviously there are pictures on each of the cards. The mason on perry mason (cute) and the town has a pic. Well the pic on my card is on Bones McCoy from Star Trek. All I thought to say when I got it was "Damn it Jim I'm a doctor not a miracle worker." :lol:
Unvote

Vote: Farside

Before I explain myself, Farside, tell me where you found the cards, and how you recognized the pictures, and why you think that us asking about the picture is such a big deal?
How I found the cards? Are you taking about the Mason and town one's I mentioned because those are part of Thesp post. The begining shows the town. When mith was NK thesp posted the picture of the Mason which was Perry mason. As for how I reconized the pictures I watch too much T.V.
I talked about the picture because of Sarcastro kept on saying I was lying and it was an easy thing to lie about. My thought if it's so easy to lie about why didn't he ask what picture was on the card instead of trying to continue trying to lynch me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:18 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

unvote

I am very persuaded by MeMe.

She's as good as confirmed at this point.

But that does also mean she is as good as dead.

Quick Farside, choose a target.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:22 am

Post by farside22 »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
unvote

I am very persuaded by MeMe.

She's as good as confirmed at this point.

But that does also mean she is as good as dead.

Quick Farside, choose a target.
I would choose Sarcastro if I didn't think he was the Jester.
So I would have to go back to my number 1 suspect from the begining.
Al_ko. However I'm voting for JDGA who hasn't responded since he started as a replacement and am good with him too.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:27 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Do you feel particularly lucky?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Sarcastro »

petroleumjelly wrote:I certainly hope that was not an attempt to get Farside22 modkilled. Comments like this are completely pointless in-thread. Even
if
you are scum, you would have been better served sending a PM to Thesp. Regardless of alignment, this is bad form.
I wasn't saying it
was
PM-quoting, PJ, I just said that it felt like it. I don't want Farside to be modkilled and I don't think that she should be. If I actually felt that Farside had cheated, then yes, I would have PMed Thesp about it. I don't see anything wrong with what I said at all.
al_kohaulec wrote:I believe you are pushing your lynches too far, trying to ignore any responsibility for the lynch, and you don't sound like you have the town's interests in mind.
"Pushes lynches too far"? To where? To the point where the lynchee is lynched? Geez, I didn't realise that was too far for you, Alko.

Ignore responsibility for the lynch? Yeah, because clearly being the most vocal advocate of a lynch is the best way to avoid responsibility.

I don't have the town's interests in mind, eh? I suppose you must have some additional information about the set-up, then, because I was under the impression that trying to lynch scum was in the best interests of the town.

So, I'm scum because I am vocally making it clear that I want to lynch people who I think are scum. Wow, you're right, Alko, that's incredibly scummy.

And Farside, seriously, stop saying that I am the Jester. It so mind-bogglingly obviously
not true
that I'm wondering how you could possibly cling to it. Your reasons for thinking I am the Jester simply
do not make any sense
, and I wonder how you can
possibly believe
what you are saying.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:15 am

Post by farside22 »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Do you feel particularly lucky?
Sure I feel lucky.

@Sarcastro:
I never played with you before and your additude about my lynch was odd. Not once did you provide a case against me all you kept saying is lynch her she is scum over and over again. You hammer voted day one and today you seem a bit defensive to others who find you additude just as tiresome. Basically anyone who disagrees with you is wrong. Your answers back are defensive and saracastic. How you expect anyone to take you seriously that hasn't played with you before is beyond me? So yes I think you are the Jester. If not you are acting scummie as hell.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:23 am

Post by Sarcastro »

First of all, yes, I have made it clear why I think you're scum. If you want to ignore my reasons, that's not my problem.

None of what you describe is scummy, and even if it were, why do you think it would indicate that I'm the Jester rather than simply scum?

Your logic is completely disjointed. You've listed a bunch of exaggerations about my playstyle and then jumped to the conclusion that I'm acting scummy. Uh, what? I've made it clear that there is nothing particularly unique about the way I'm playing in this game. I'm always aggressive, I'm always arrogant, I always act more sure than I am. You seem to be ignoring all logic and insisting that I'm acting scummy just because... you want me to be? Because I'm attacking you? I don't really get it. You're not making much sense at all.

I don't care about what you think of how I play. But I do care if you're going to decide that your opinions about my playstyle somehow affect my role.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:37 am

Post by farside22 »

This was the only thing you said about why I was scum.
Sarcastro wrote:While I don't pretend to speak for Pooky, I suspect it may have to do with the incredibly obvious distancing CB is doing to Wolfcrier.
That's it. Really.
Well if you are always aggressive and always arrogant does that include when you are scum? Why couldn't you be obvious if you wanted to get lynched to win? Also how did I exaggerate your comments or your play style? Since I haven't played with you before your lack of logic and constant attitude can be used in your favor to look like scum and most likely be the Jester. Your if you think I'm scum attitude on top of that just confirms my feelings on the subject.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i agree with farside about Sarc, but really this argument is pointless. its not like it affects who we are gonna lynch today, so jump on the AlKo wagon already. -.-
Show

Nightkilled - 10

RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:19 am

Post by RossWilliam »

I just had a thought. I've been perfectly content waiting on the JDGA wagon for him to come back and post, but than I realized, what if he is indeed the joker? He sees he's well on the way to lynch, and conveniantly dissapears, let us think he's chicken or something, and lynch him. voila, he wins. this just made me really nervous, but I don't know if i'm willing to unvote yet. I don't know yet who a plausible replacement would be.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:21 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

RossWilliam wrote:I just had a thought. I've been perfectly content waiting on the JDGA wagon for him to come back and post, but than I realized, what if he is indeed the joker? He sees he's well on the way to lynch, and conveniantly dissapears, let us think he's chicken or something, and lynch him. voila, he wins. this just made me really nervous, but I don't know if i'm willing to unvote yet. I don't know yet who a plausible replacement would be.
christ, I think I understand why people hate jester games
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

RossWilliam wrote:I just had a thought. I've been perfectly content waiting on the JDGA wagon for him to come back and post, but than I realized, what if he is indeed the joker? He sees he's well on the way to lynch, and conveniantly dissapears, let us think he's chicken or something, and lynch him. voila, he wins. this just made me really nervous, but I don't know if i'm willing to unvote yet. I don't know yet who a plausible replacement would be.
the joker?

ROFLMAO :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

am I missing something?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by farside22 »

RossWilliam wrote:am I missing something?
You comment you said joker instead of jester.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Oh. I didn't even notice. heh, funny that. but it doesn't matter, you know what I meant. we're close to a deadline, let's not waste time on you say TOE-mato, I say to-MAH-to.

But do see what I mean about him being in the optimal place for the jester? If he was scum wouldn't he have defended himself by now? Has anyone noticed if he's been lurking? or maybe is he is scum and is just genuinly M.I.A? Gah, this is a headache. I could argue myself to believe either way. I think I'm gonna just stay on his BW and cross my fingers.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by tyhess »

Sarcastro wrote:
tyhess wrote:That's just how sarcastro plays. It's horribly anti-town. He's one of the worst players In that regards that I've played with.
Oh grow up. You've played in one game with me, and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I don't like to actually insult players' abilities, but since you've already crossed that bridge, you are far from competent enough to judge my abilities, considering you declared in this game that you
fake-claimed as town
. You played atrociously badly in Martyr Mafia by acting incredibly scummy and by going after me because of my playstyle. You never adequately explained what was wrong with my playstyle, and you still haven't here, despite calling it "horribly anti-town". So no, I don't really think you're qualified to say anything about my playstyle, because you
have no idea what the hell you're talking about

But yes, thanks for backing up the fact that that's how I regularly play.

I have no idea what I'm talking about?? Atleast 2 other people have already agreed with me. As for Martyr Mafia, you pushed all the wagons, and all of them were wrong. And as for the fake claim, what about wolfcrier making his lynch me now quote? That doesn't come about if I hadn't fake claimed, and I think that has helped us. And me not explaining why your play is bad is like you never explaining who you voting for, except saying lynch, lynch, lynch!!! scum, scum, scum!!!

You decided to hammer without reading the thread, and I've yet to see you do anything productive this game, so
Vote:Sarcastro
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

tyhess, i'm not questioning you, but just make sure not you're not voting emotionally. I can't stand sarc either, but I don't think he's scum. That being said, I can't wait til he's out of this game. I couldn't be happier if the mafia NKs him tonight.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

that came out wrong. I'm not saying anything negative, or questioning your validity. But just make sure you're being totally unbiased.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by tyhess »

Your right, I was, and I knew I was, and I still voted him. b]UNVOTE[/b]However, if I was scum, I wouldn't NK him. I may relook at him before tonight is done.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Oh, I wouldn't NK him either. I'd leave him around to be a constant distraction to the town, which he's proving to do real well. but even so, a guy can wish.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

You know the funny bit, RW? The funny bit is that it always seems to be the people who, y'know, aren't very good at mafia who criticise my playstyle. I don't understand why I'm a distraction. It seems to me that the only people who are getting distracted are the people who are too stupid to realise that you don't have to take every single thing I say seriously. You're the one who just spent three posts not on, y'know, saying anything game relevant, but just criticising my play and saying that you hope the mafia kill me. Yeah, very productive, and not at all distracting. Don't you have better things to do? Like, say, find the scum? That's what I've been trying to do, and yet it somehow "distracts" you. What distracts you? The fact that I kept insisting Farside was scum? Well, yeah, that's because
I thought she was scum

Please don't blame me when you get yourselves all worked up because you don't like the way I phrase my suspicions or some bullshit. That doesn't change the fact that
I am contributing to the game and you are not
. You're sitting around insulting me for no reason just because, what, I defend myself against Farside's idiotic accusations too sarcastically? Boo-fucking-hoo. Grow up and play. You're the ones goddamn derailing the game by getting all worked up and whining. I don't give a shit if you don't like me - I don't like any of you very much, and yet I seem to get by just fine.

I wish I could point out how scummy it is that all of you are trying to focus on complaining about me instead of actually contributing, but sadly I know that it's not much of a scumtell, because you don't know any better. But here's a quick lesson for you: don't fucking whine about how you don't like someone's playstyle. Just play. Battle Mage used to annoy the hell out of me, and we got in some pretty big arguments, too. But we didn't derail entire games by talking about unrelated issues. If you want to criticise me for not providing enough evidence, fine (of course, ignoring the post where I summarise why I think Farside is scum probably isn't a good idea if you're going to do that), but don't bring entirely separate issues of playstyle in unless you're going to
explain why my playstyle makes me scum
. Given that I can show you plenty of game in which I act the same way as town, that's probably not a good strategy.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Thesp »

Official D2 Vote Count

Note:
Cult of the Couch Members:
1 (tyhess)

JDGA - 4
(hasdgfas
(2)
, Monkey
(4)
, RossWilliam
(7)
, farside22
(8)
)
RossWilliam - 1
(Holy
(3)
)
Monkey - 2
(Mastermind of Sin
(1)
, Sarcastro
(9)
)
farside22 - 1
(Talitha
(5)
)
al_kohaulec - 2
(Battle Mage
(6)
, curiouskarmadog
(11)
)
AmeliaSlay - 1
(MeMe
(10)
)
Sarcastro - 2
(al_kohaulec
(12)
Cult of the Couch (1)
(13)
)

Not Voting - 5
(AmeliaSlay, Iammars, JDGA, petroleumjelly, PookyTheMagicalBear)

With 18 alive, it's 10 to lynch. Deadline in ~1.5 days - a plurality lynches at deadline, using longest-held-last-vote as a tie-breaker.

AmeliaSlay replaces QuickBen, effective immediately. Replacement for JDGA in the works.
Last edited by Thesp on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

I'm just going to pass over that mini-rant, sarc. I have my own issues with people using playstyle as a defense, but I'm going to save them for another time.

and tyhess, you need to revote. You didn't bold.

I hope JDGA's replacement can offer something of use.

Welcome Amelia! looking foward to your insight, what do you think of the game so far, and the spot you've inherited?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

hi there :)
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal