Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:47 am

Post by gorckat »

What's a WOW? World of Warcraft isn't working.

I may have over-reacted in a defensive fashion, having missed that Javert intends to do the same for other players, but I also think he and I have a significant playstyle difference, stemming from what we get out of the game.

I play as a diversion. I'm competitive and want to win. I'm not, however, willing to spend hours on a single player as it looks like Javert does. I have re-read, several times, each player alive and dead. I may spend an hour (or two tops) throughout a day (at work and home) re-reading a single game and will make conclusions as best I can. I internalize a lot of what Javert has reviewed, instead focusing on stronger tells one way or the other, and at times relying on a gut instinct.

I'll try to answer his questions later- I thought I'd hit them with my first response post.

Votecount;

Javert (1) gorckat
Arakorn (1) neko

Not voting; The rest of you
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:30 am

Post by neko2086 »

WOW=Wall of Words (big long post)

Arakorn, soupfly, are you 2 still here?
In Tartiflette We Trust
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:45 am

Post by gorckat »

Derf. Should have known. I saw soup prodded in another game, but I think he responded to it, iirc.
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Arakorn »

Yes, still here.

Should probably announce that Ill leave this Sunday and will get back (late) the next Sunday.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by neko2086 »

OK, but Sunday is like, five days away, so, would you like to participate until then? The town should not be willing to stand on the side and let the others hash things out. That's called lurking, actually, and we should know by now that neko doesn't like lurkers, especially active lurkers.

The last time you posted, you said you were most suspicious of Gorckat, but that you didn't have any evidence. Has that changed, and would you like to update us?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:28 am

Post by Arakorn »

No, no evidence, and considering that amount of post (since the last time I posted) I personally wouldn't be surprised of that...
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:34 am

Post by neko2086 »

Dude, seriously, if you're town, you ought to ask to be replaced. You're not being helpful, and yet you seem to be aware of this. If you don't replace out, I don't see why we shouldn't lynch you.
In Tartiflette We Trust
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:48 am

Post by gorckat »

At risk of being a hypocrite, I'm tempted to vote for Arakorn.

But, looking back...if Arakorn was scum with DR, why didn't they both vote soup and put him at 4 votes? They could have done so before soup put DR at 4, basically saving DR for at least a night.

I'm comfortable with my Javert vote for now, and I haven't forgotten I said I'd look at unanswered questions he posed.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Well, yeah, that's a great question, but DR missed the deadline altogether, and arakorn doesn't seem interested in vesting any effort into the game, so I'm not sure that points either way, really.

Mod
: I think it's been a week, can soupfly be prodded?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by Javert »

Note:
I will be away from tomorrow (Thursday) until Sunday, likely without access to a computer.

I also do not believe I will have time to finish my gorckat analysis tonight, given I have papers to write tonight which need to be turned in early tomorrow morning.
"I was born with scum like you."
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:00 pm

Post by soupfly »

k, i'm here.

we've had no doc claim so that means i'm probably dead tonight.

my remaining inventions are the trumpet thing and i now have a giant rubber ducky in my possession, but i probably won't get a chance to use anything.

as far as who is scum, i think it is arakorn. his play has been very bland so far. sort of lurking in plain site.

vote: arakorn
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:27 am

Post by Arakorn »

Again, why would Neko vote for me if we both were scum???
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:33 am

Post by neko2086 »

Who said we were both scum? I believe there is only one scum left, as the beginning of D3 post asked if town would be able to get the last scum today. Are you confusing me with someone else? If you're talking about Meme, she may have just wanted to create distance between the two of you. It's a very common scum tactic.
In Tartiflette We Trust
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:24 am

Post by soupfly »

1) chances are that there's only one scum left.
2) if neko is scum he is not the play for today. we have to assume he's town based on the forged money printer invention. there's really nothing else that makes sense.
3) the decision for today is between arakorn, gorckat and javert

i say arakorn is the most scummy.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:29 am

Post by neko2086 »

unvote
, but not because I've changed my mind, I only want more time. Explaining in another post.
In Tartiflette We Trust
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:35 am

Post by neko2086 »

Ok, it just occurred to me that if we were wrong, we could have ended up with a quicklynch and little info. Soupfly, I want to know who your second choice would be and why. You may as well give us everything you've got now, since you will not likely be here tomorrow. If we're wrong, we'll likely have gorckat and javert voting each other, leaving me with the decision, so I might as well ask for your opinion now.

I do not plan to move my vote elsewhere (unless anyone has an incredibly good reason not to vote arakorn), but it is not going back up until I feel we've had ample discussion for today.
In Tartiflette We Trust
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:08 am

Post by soupfly »

neko2086 wrote:Ok, it just occurred to me that if we were wrong, we could have ended up with a quicklynch and little info. Soupfly, I want to know who your second choice would be and why. You may as well give us everything you've got now, since you will not likely be here tomorrow. If we're wrong, we'll likely have gorckat and javert voting each other, leaving me with the decision, so I might as well ask for your opinion now.

I do not plan to move my vote elsewhere (unless anyone has an incredibly good reason not to vote arakorn), but it is not going back up until I feel we've had ample discussion for today.
with five players left we have two more lynches to go. i think that one of those three are scum and we got two shots at it which gives us a 2/3 chance of winning.

i'm really not sure about gorckat and javert. would probably need to do a lengthy reread which i unfortunately don't have time to do now. so unfortunately the decision will come down to you neko.

of course i could be wrong about the forged money printer and neko could be the scum but so far each of my inventions has done something and the only one that made sense as an investigation tool was the forged money printer. the bus was clearly a roleblock (with protection possibly included) and the rocket was a NK so if the forged money printer isn't an investigation tool then i can't imagine what else it could be.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:51 am

Post by gorckat »

@soup: A tracking tool has been suggested for the printer.

I wish I'd posted when I was on earlier (between 562 and 563) so I could have shown I wasn't interested in quick-lynching Arakorn (I was on the phone then and just logged back in). I thought that was the play yesterday, but not here.

neko: How are you ranking people? Is Arakorn more likely scum than Javert? Do you feel either of them more likely scum than me?
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:06 am

Post by soupfly »

gorckat wrote:@soup: A tracking tool has been suggested for the printer.
what do you mean by this? what does a tracking tool do?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:29 am

Post by gorckat »

That it'd tell you if they left their house (and performed a night action), like the role Tracker.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:40 am

Post by soupfly »

gorckat wrote:That it'd tell you if they left their house (and performed a night action), like the role Tracker.
that also makes sense. i'd never heard of it but i assume it exists. it would further confirm him because if that's the case then it would point to him being a vanilla townie because scum do have a night action. they have to go out and kill someone. either way neko comes out townie.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:48 am

Post by gorckat »

If neko were scum, MeMe could have made the first kill, leaving him inside all night.

I also think he's town, but Javert has taken the position that neko isn't 100% clear.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 am

Post by soupfly »

gorckat wrote:If neko were scum, MeMe could have made the first kill, leaving him inside all night.

I also think he's town, but Javert has taken the position that neko isn't 100% clear.
i doubt there's differentiation between scum as to who does the night kill. besides, he slept throughout the whole entire night. even if we assume he didn't make the kill (which i doubt) he would have left the house to discuss the NK so he'd still have been active at night.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by neko2086 »

I wasn't trying to suggest that you would try to quicklynch, I was just saying that if I am indeed wrong and if either you or javert were scum, then the scum would have the opportunity to hammer.

At the moment, I'm really torn between you and javert. Your voting style is what worries me the most. You've voted many times without providing much, if any, explanation. Your voting pattern, on the other hand, meaning whom you've voted for and the timing of your votes, seems more townie at the moment, though i'll have to look at it more carefully I think.

Javert has been very pro-active since he first arrived. He's contributed quite a bit to discussion already--probably more than you and arakorn combined. On the other hand, I think he's trying to appeal to our emotions, using the "I've never been lynched as a townie" excuse. Whether or not he's said that in every game is irrelevant. It is an appeal to emotion nonetheless, and I do not like being sold to in such a manner.

I feel arakorn is more likely scum than either of you, so I will likely be voting for him when I feel today has gone long enough. Javert still has two analyses to post, and yours to finish, and since he's promised them, I want to see all of them before today is over.

If I'm wrong, and I had to make my second decision now, it would probably be you, but luckily I don't have to make that decision now, so we'll see.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by Arakorn »

Vote:Gorckat

Seems like there is nothing I can do to stop a lynch on me, but when it's revealed that I am town you might want to take my vote into consideration. But just consideration, as I'm not sure at all who (of gorckat and Neko) are scum..

And yes, I meant Meme and not Neko earlier.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”