vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by vollkan »

TS wrote: Quick one, too. Do Sir Tornado for hors d'oeuvres.

Oh please do hasdagas. Please please please pretty please.
How could I possibly refuse so many "pleases"? :D

Analysis of Zu_faul

0: Congrats schism for his bday
1: Votes TS. No explanation.
2: Votes Sikario. 5th on wagon. Says Sik's starting an alternative wagon was scummy as hell. No further case, etc given.
3: Says a post by Peers "seems like a scum tell" (interesting wording). Says that "Together with your other posts lately it's more like a scumscream, then a scumtell." Unvotes.
4: Joines Peers wagon. No case at all.
5: Tells not to speculate about absurd roles.
6: A week later, unvotes because "peers seems good"
7: Doesn't buy the Jordan wagon. Votes Kscope for not posting anything significant (POT KETTLE BLACK) and wagon-jumping (POT KETTLE BLACK)
8: When asked about why he left Peers, simply quotes the "Peers is good" post.
9: Would vote Sik, but doesn't want to let Kscope "lurk to victory"
10: Opposes the Quag role PM lynch. Thinks Sik is very scummy (Why?) and keeps on Kscope.
11: Says ABR is "not the one we're looking for today."
12: Doesn't answer BM's questions about why he thinks ABR is pro-town, and instead asks BM why he suspects ABR
13: Suggests lurker lynch of kscope
14: "I just don't think ABR is scummy in this game"
15: Is glad people are voting scope
16: Promises to post
17: Vitriol against TS. Just a whole lot of "I agrees". Keeps on Kscope but expresses an intention to vote TS "who does not use her mind and acts blindly"
18: Denies that he is pushing a lurker lynch of Kscope. :roll:
19: Reiterates the above POT KETTLE BLACK stuff
20: Doesn't want to add to spamming, as an excuse for his dismal effort
21: Calls TS a hypocrite for her attacks on people rushing lynches. Asks Quag to explain his case on Book
22: Is waiting for reply
23: Question was directed at quag
24: "Notice the "re" in front of "build" TS. "
25: Asks if TS directed a post at Set and himself
26: "I really don't buy hasdfgas as scum. He posts some sense, especially when replying to sikario. "
27: "A point? Have I missed something? I thought it was no more than gut feeling on BM's part. "
28: Votes TS for "jumping on everything which moves". Oh gosh, because we couldn't have someone actually taking action against scumtells! Why, that might actually
catch scum

29: Tells TS to calm down after she attacked his terrible vote for her.
30: Theory
31: After Erg0 was he WASN'T voting Panzer because Panzer was being replaced, Zu says: "That's about the shittiest reason I've ever heard for voting someone." He's clearly paying no attention at all.
32: Apologises for misreading
33: Asks why I am not voting Jordan
34: Acknowledges my % system
35: Asks if Schism has a PR or is scum
36: Thinks Jordan and I are protown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blatantly opportunistic wagoning. Absolutely NO meaningful and original content. Hypocrisy in his pursuit of Kscope. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this guy. Zu gets a nice
75%
and will receive my vote unless and until I find someone better:

Vote: zu_faul

Analysis of ST

0: Votes Sik. No explanation
1: Votes Kscope. No explanation.
2: "What is the case on me apart from lurking? "
3: "Erg0... read my post in context with Jordan's post, most of which I have quoted.."
4: Hasn't read the game
~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, that was tedious...ST's sole actions have been the joining of wagons without explanation. ST is usually a good player, so I find it odd that he would be so lax with his vote. ST earns a
70%
also. The one thing that troubles me here is how close a ST lynch would be to a mere lurker lynch. Whilst the only play he had added looks plainly opportunistic, I don't like having so little to analyse.

PBPA of Hasdfasdg

{eep...90 posts. Forgive me if I skip over posts that seem unimportant. This won't be a true analysis of all his posts, just the important ones}
3: Demands reasons for the BM wagon.
4: Joins Peers wagon. No justification supplied, despite having just stated in 3 "I like reasons behind votes"
5: Asks why Jordan, schis, and ABR are not getting FoSed when they did the same as Panzer
6: Gives his reasoning. Says it suspcious of Peers to hold the random phase as irrelevant. Doesn't like Peers' response to the wagon on him - calls it deflection, and for a dodgy BM vote.
7: Interesting post. He apologises for not giving his reasons before others did and says that he finds it hard to "make up random reasons on the spot" - as justification for using others' reasons (without crediting others).
15: Reiterates his dislike for Peers' reactions and Peers' case on Neo
20: Opposes Quag wagon on the basis that D1 is effectively random anyway.
21-23: Thinks if Quag is scum, his play is now protown anyway
24: FoSes Sik for setting up lynches. The problem here is that Sik only had hasd as a setup candidate IF Quag was lynched and came up scum.
28: Swipes at Peers for agreeing with ABR and asserts it is just to protect himself
30: Calls for pressure on Peers. Doesn't explain reasons for pressuring.
33: Votes TS because "it seems to be the consensus at this point". No other reasons, from the man who declares he likes reasons.
34: Advocates lynching TS, saying that "We can make the mod's job a lot easier if we lynch someone that scummy today" (I don't have a clue how this works) and says "Peers will still be here tomorrow unless he's vigged or something. " - Ironic, because this is subtly setting up a lynch.
37: Mediocre effort at responding to TS's case (which, on reading, I agree with). Amusing sentence from Hasd: "People already thought you were scummy, so a lynch is not necessarily a bad thing." Yes - it's good to lynch just because other people think someone is scummy.
40: FoSes Quag and Schism. Votes Peers because "People already thought you were scummy, so a lynch is not necessarily a bad thing."
41: Admits his previous post, based on a reread, was rushed.
43: Doesn't suspectYos2
45 "The post stating I liked reasons was a reference to another game, and while I still kinda like reasons, I realized in between those two posts that voting without stating your reasons isn't always a bad thing." Yes, not giving reasons is excellent when you are scum because you don't need to expose yourself with contrived arguments.
47: FOSes Mos for his policy lynch advocacy
56: The case on Peers. It's predominantly just around Peers' views on the random phase and Peers defending himself with Meta. There is nothing which is particularly scummy here.
57: MoS is 2 candidate. Also thinks Panzer, schis, and kscope.
65: Will vote for Quag due to non-contribution
72: Jump onto Kscope wagon for mentioning a SK.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A lot of content here, but ultimately his wagoning is justified only by very shaky reasons, if any. Much like Zu, he seems to just be going with consensus. Hasd gets
70%
. Another good candidate.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:[...] even if I were scum, you still would want to look for
the others
Hey anyone caught that?

We should still want to look for the OTHER scum.

Not just hasdagasscum. You know. He's not the only scum. There are other scum, and we should look for these others, too.
what are you trying to say here?
Setael wrote:
hasdfgas wrote:Or, possibly, we could look for something besides your false dilemma and lynch someone like zu_faul or jordan, both of which have also been scummy.
Hey hasdfgas - what do you think is scummy about jordan? And if there are people you find scummy, why aren't you voting anyone?
I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is. He just seems a bit iffy to me. It's more zu's opportunism and jumping on easy bandwagons that makes me more suspicious of him. Why am I not voting for anyone? I haven't had enough confidence in my play after how miserably I played during day 1 that I can actually have decent insight into anyone right now.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

FoS: Toaster Strudel
for his incredibly opportunistic attempt to redirect suspicion to hasdgfas. hasdgfas isn't scum.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

vollkan, why does your analysis of hasdgfas stop at the end of day 1?

Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

hasdgfas wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:[...]
even if I were scum, you still would want to look for
the others
Hey anyone caught that?

We should still want to look for the OTHER scum.

Not just hasdagasscum. You know. He's not the only scum. There are other scum, and we should look for these others, too.
what are you trying to say here?
Nuthin'.

Just pointing out what YOU said.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:47 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:
for his incredibly opportunistic attempt to redirect suspicion to hasdgfas. hasdgfas isn't scum.
Hasdagas practically just confessed.

He tripped on his semantic shoelaces.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
Hasdagas practically just confessed.

He tripped on his semantic shoelaces.
I know what perspective tells look like. That isn't one of them.

Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:55 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:I know what perspective tells look like. That isn't one of them.
Please explain.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by vollkan »

Xylthixlm wrote: vollkan, why does your analysis of hasdgfas stop at the end of day 1?
I couldn't glean anything significant from any of his posts coming after where I stopped.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:I know what perspective tells look like. That isn't one of them.
Please explain.
hadgfas's post contains a counterfactual construction ("even if I were scum") which
requires
the rest of the sentence ("the others") to match the counterfactual. His use of "others" doesn't give any info because he would have to say it the same way no matter what his alignment.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

vollkan wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote: vollkan, why does your analysis of hasdgfas stop at the end of day 1?
I couldn't glean anything significant from any of his posts coming after where I stopped.
I'm ... astonished. Really. I thought you were a good player.

Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:10 pm

I know what you mean, grammatically speaking, and I agree with you.

But why would he want us to look for "others," when we have a live one, scuh as himself *if* he were scum? We can always look for "others" later.

And it's very weird for hasdagas, who is under less vote pressure than I am at the moment, to steer us in the direction of "other scum." Even if he started his sentence with "IF I were scum."

It's a very odd suggestion.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:11 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:I'm ... astonished. Really. I thought you were a good player.
How many good solid cases have YOU made?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by vollkan »

Xylthixlm wrote:
vollkan wrote:
I'm ... astonished. Really. I thought you were a good player.
Excellent.

In that case, you won't mind telling me precisely what I missed that was so significant?

Hasd has not cast a vote or FoS since post 73 - nor has he pushed any cases.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Toaster Strudel wrote:I know what you mean, grammatically speaking, and I agree with you.

But why would he want us to look for "others," when we have a live one, scuh as himself *if* he were scum? We can always look for "others" later.

And it's very weird for hasdagas, who is under less vote pressure than I am at the moment, to steer us in the direction of "other scum." Even if he started his sentence with "IF I were scum."

It's a very odd suggestion.
TS: at the moment, I don't think you're scum. BUT. You were saying that it would be you or me today, and I don't agree with that assessment. You didn't even mention
anything
about anyone else in your post. You were like "we can either get more people to vote for me, or for hasdgfas." I was trying to point out how that was bad for the town, no matter my alignment
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

vollkan wrote:Excellent.

In that case, you won't mind telling me precisely what I missed that was so significant?

That's part of what's so significant.

Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:23 pm

hasdgfas wrote:TS: at the moment, I don't think you're scum. BUT. You were saying that it would be you or me today, and I don't agree with that assessment. You didn't even mention
anything
about anyone else in your post. You were like "we can either get more people to vote for me, or for hasdgfas." I was trying to point out how that was bad for the town, no matter my alignment
You lack a sense of humor if you think I'm seriously suggesting that only you or I should be lynched today.

I did accomplish the goal of getting the game moving, didn't I? No one has said anything worthy of notice for days. You weren't tempted to take advantage of the break, stick your neck out, and look for that "other scum?"

But say, you are sounding a little panicky. Just a wee bit though.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:23 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:

Explain.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by vollkan »

Xylthixlm wrote:

Certainly, I agree with you. That fits with the rest of his play for most of this game. He's only really gone against popular targets and his cases, most notably that on Peers, are lackluster.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote: That's part of what's so significant.
Explain.
Maybe later. I want to see if vollkan sees the same thing I do.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Toaster Strudel wrote:You lack a sense of humor if you think I'm seriously suggesting that only you or I should be lynched today.

I did accomplish the goal of getting the game moving, didn't I? No one has said anything worthy of notice for days. You weren't tempted to take advantage of the break, stick your neck out, and look for that "other scum?"
Did I say you were seriously suggesting it? No. But you did suggest it, and I responded to it.

Yes, I was tempted to look for the scum, and I attempted to do so. But it was a LONG day 1, and I didn't have as much time to look as I would've liked. I have looked closer at zu_faul lately though, and have found nothing useful from him at all. It's as though he's a parrot, chirping out what others have said and jumping on the easy bandwagons.
vote: zu_faul
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

vollkan wrote:Certainly, I agree with you. That fits with the rest of his play for most of this game. He's only really gone against popular targets and his cases, most notably that on Peers, are lackluster.
He changed his mind on Peers, though.
Before
his retroactive death overnight.

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by vollkan »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote: That's part of what's so significant.
Explain.
Maybe later. I want to see if vollkan sees the same thing I do.
I think I answered this in my previous post. He isn't scumhunting.
Hasd wrote: Yes, I was tempted to look for the scum, and I attempted to do so. But it was a LONG day 1, and I didn't have as much time to look as I would've liked. I have looked closer at zu_faul lately though, and have found nothing useful from him at all. It's as though he's a parrot, chirping out what others have said and jumping on the easy bandwagons.
vote: zu_faul
:roll: Pot. Kettle. Black
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by vollkan »

Xylthixlm wrote:
vollkan wrote:Certainly, I agree with you. That fits with the rest of his play for most of this game. He's only really gone against popular targets and his cases, most notably that on Peers, are lackluster.
He changed his mind on Peers, though.
Before
his retroactive death overnight.
Explain.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

False. While I haven't contributed as much or as well as I would have liked to, but for the whole day 1, I kept going back to Peers, even though other targets became more popular at times.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”