dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:06 am

Post by shaft.ed »

curiouskarmadog wrote:DGB?

Yvonne, why did you target the Fonz?

Shafted, why did you target Adele over Yvonne?
Trusted Adele more. Also to pass on my power.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:09 am

Post by The Fonz »

cicero wrote: We could have had three watcher results. or a watcher and two trackers (remember we don't know if Adele can track as well as watch because we dont know who Zoneace targetted.)
No, we do. Killing takes precedence over tracking.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:13 am

Post by cicero »

Ah. k. Thanks.

Point stands though.
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:20 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Yvonne, why did you target the Fonz?
One of the likely NK targets to me. But seeing as the doc is still alive after two nights makes me a little suspicious of Fonz himself.
[i]The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.[/i]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:22 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
*smack*
was this an answer? you are last.
cicero wrote:I honestly still dont like CKD's jailing of Adele. I think it's been the most anti-town move so far in the game. I read his reasoning and I think it's outweighed. It made sense to me that Shaft.ed would end up motivating Adele. We could have had three watcher results. or a watcher and two trackers (remember we don't know if Adele can track as well as watch because we dont know who Zoneace targetted.) Now we only have one watch answer. That seems suspect to me.

I'm not voting CKD at this moment but Cic'ro not happy.
for the record, who would you have rathered I jailed? Fonz? Shafted? DGB? Oh shea then because he doesnt have a power and it would be an obvious choice for scum to let make the kill if he was scum?...you? I jailed who I thought could be scum. It is easy to say my decision was scummy, but you didnt have to make the decision. If a kill hadnt gone through last night, would it have been "the scummiest move thus far?"...I think you need to think about that statement.

shaft.ed wrote:

Yvonne, why did you target the Fonz?

Shafted, why did you target Adele over Yvonne?
Trusted Adele more. Also to pass on my power.
good answer, I think I believe it
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:29 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Hectic right now and a lot of posting going on. Just wanted to note I'm not liking Cicero much at the moment. I'll get into it in a bit. CKD I'd rather you have jailed DGB for the record, but I understand your actions and after catching Gorgon I'm willing to give you a some leeway in your decisions.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:29 am

Post by cicero »

CKD, you didnt have to target anyone. But yeah, I might have been a good choice. DGB too. Maybe the right move was to not make a move. Did you feel precluded by the need to have an alibi? In that case, DGB was the way to go probably.

All you did was lock up a player who was unlikely to perform the NK last night anyway because we'd all be demanding to know who she targetted and she had a good chance of being motivated. Actually she had the best chance of being motivated, frankly.

I'm sorry but as good as your reasoning may be it strikes me as sub-optimal play.

But as has been shown I'm being stupid in this setup, so I'll now await the post by Fonz telling me what I'm missing.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:33 am

I am trying to out think scum, but I guess you have a point, between the two I should have jailed Yvonne.

but this does give me a thought..
Mod, can I target myself?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:38 am

Post by cicero »

Let the record show that my 956 and Shaft.ed's 955 are Ninja posts. My answer is not in reply to what he posted. It is independent of it. So we both came up with the answer to what CKD should have done independently.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:41 am

I got that from the time stamp...question for you, though..given that two independent people thought that was the best jail for me to do, if DGB was scum, do you think scum might let someone submit that kill other than dgb, since that was the obvious choice? also, has dgb claimed yet or am I missing it?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 am

Post by shaft.ed »

she targeted shea in the event she needed an alibi, but scummy imo but better than blocking a useful role.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:45 am

Post by cicero »

The answer to your question is WIFOM. But they still wouldnt send out the watchers at this stage. Too risky.

Yes. DGB claimed to target TSQ. I think basically an alibi measure.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:50 am

Post by The Fonz »

YvonneSeer wrote:
One of the likely NK targets to me. But seeing as the doc is still alive after two nights makes me a little suspicious of Fonz himself.
Do you really think it that unlikely that the scum were afraid of me being watched, and therefore went for a less obvious target? Especially since you claim to have
actually done so
. The same applies to you or Adele equally as much as it does to me- why did the scum not get rid of the remaining investigative roles? The exact same arguments apply on both sides in this case.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:54 am

Post by The Fonz »

shaft.ed wrote:she targeted shea in the event she needed an alibi, but scummy imo but better than blocking a useful role.
Not really. Doesn't do anyone any harm, and helping narrow down the pool of potential killers. Of course, since DGB claimed last, we can't assume she actually did it, but then, it doesn't make a lot of difference anyway.

Only downside i could see would be if Shea had also been both doc-protected and targetted for nightkill, but that's a pretty unlikely set of events.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:03 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
*smack*
was this an answer? you are last.
I had already answered when you posted the question... Look back!

*smack again*
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:06 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

The Fonz wrote:
YvonneSeer wrote:
Do you really think it that unlikely that the scum were afraid of me being watched, and therefore went for a less obvious target? Especially since you claim to have
actually done so
. The same applies to you or Adele equally as much as it does to me- why did the scum not get rid of the remaining investigative roles? The exact same arguments apply on both sides in this case.
Fine, I guess me being alive is also suspect, but in my case, it's most probably because a lot of you view me as scummy, so it only makes sense to keep me alive.

I haven't seen any scumminess from you and I don't think anyone has pointed out anything about you either. You're basically clean and you're still alive with a rather helpful role if pro-town. You can't blame me for being a little suspicious about that.
[i]The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.[/i]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Seol »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I am trying to out think scum, but I guess you have a point, between the two I should have jailed Yvonne.

but this does give me a thought..
Mod, can I target myself?
No. If you locked yourself in a cell, then there wouldn't be anyone to let you out.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:11 am

Post by The Fonz »

YvonneSeer wrote: I haven't seen any scumminess from you and I don't think anyone has pointed out anything about you either. You're basically clean and you're still alive with a rather helpful role if pro-town. You can't blame me for being a little suspicious about that.
So... you're suspicious of me because I'm
not scummy?

That's actually quite funny. :P
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:14 am

Post by cicero »

Fonz being alive makes sense for the reason Fonz said. There was the possibility of THREE watchers last night. The doctor would be too high a risk for any scum to target. Mathcam kinda makes sense. His probability logic got Gorgon killed. That kind of thinking is way too dangerous and he was less likely to be watched because people would focus on watching the high quality investigative rolls.

Fonz was right in correcting me. We can draw no conclusions about his alignment from him still breathing.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:19 am

Post by The Fonz »

cicero wrote: We can draw no conclusions about his alignment from him still breathing.
Cicero in 'breathing is not a scumtell' shocker. :wink:
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:21 am

Post by cicero »

The Fonz wrote:
cicero wrote: We can draw no conclusions about his alignment from him still breathing.
Cicero in 'breathing is not a scumtell' shocker. :wink:
Sometimes it is. Often in fact.

:D
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:25 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Then, I stand corrected.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:25 am

Post by The Fonz »

This is a complete divergence from the game, but if I may:

There was a gameshow (comedy panel show) on British TV a few years ago called 'If I ruled the world' which had a political theme, and one of the rounds was called 'I couldn't disagree more...' where the contestants (spoof politicians) had to disagree with anything the opponent said, however reasonable (stuff like 'the Pope is Catholic' and 'The Queen should not pose naked in Playboy'). That little exchange reminded me of it. Good times.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:37 am

Post by Adele »

I remember that!

"Just Say No"
-"No, that would be terribly rude. Instead, I'd recommend 'Thanks, but no thanks - I like drugs, but they don't like me, if you know what I mean - I find that drugs aren't very good for my system (they give me a dicky tummy), so I can't accept your kind offer'"

OK. I'm really sorry for my absence. I've caught up now. At the start of the day, TSQ voted me - why was that, TSQ?

I'm... disappointed to have been jailed last night. Not only do my results lose any use or validity, but I've missed out on at least one useful pro-town power, and I don't see the reason for it (with an infopower I think I'm a bad choice for the killer in most scumgroups from the list). Aside from that, if I'd targeted mathcam last night I would know who the killer was.

Now, watching powers are useful for catching folk in lies, right? Except a watcher can, in fact,
be
scum. So a suggestion: as early as possible in the day, someone does a dicetags post with (say) 9 sides; if it's 1-4 Yvonne and I both wait to the end to claim, if 5 or 6 I claim first/early, if 7 or 8 she does, if 9 we both do. By doing this in the morning if couldn't affect the nightchoices; if either she or I is scum then we're either crippled or high-risk, while if we're not the other scum still has the chance of being in significant danger.

However, I can't help thinking, from yesterday's play and today's, that Yvonne's looking scummy. She's hunting hard for the free passes rather than the best plays for the town. Resisting claiming is... borderline. I understand it, since she's more of a follower tactically and so wants to make sure that it's being critically evaluated by the tactical leaders in the town. But I think it went past that and the way she conducted herself is less indicative of wanting to ensure her results are of maximum benefit and more indicative of just not wanting to claim.

Oh, does anyone want me to claim, or would you prefer to keep me as unpredicatble as possible so the scum doesn't know who not to target?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:12 am

Post by cicero »

claim what?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”