Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Xtoxm »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Well, it seems to me, between having a multiple post argument, linking to the wiki, and spelling out the exact statistical reasoning why town lynch = bad, at some point I became pretty damn certain. Truth be told, I was always certain, so I'm really questioning your original diagnosis.
Well yes now that the wiki has been brought to light, but before that, when I read your post, as I said, you sounded like scum not sure whether to hammer me. You could then have gone and looked to see that, and I unvoted before you had a chance. I unvoted after giving everyone a chance to respond to it.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Right. . . but I'm the one who pointed out the wiki. Am I to understand your argument as I could have hammered but didn't because I didn't know it was a good idea for me-as-scum to do so, only to then read the wiki and figure out it was a good idea, which I had by sheer coincidence argued earlier in the game?
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:11 am

Post by Lloyd »

TheStranger wrote:looking for some new input, if anyone has any.
Any thoughts on new posts since you wrote the above earlier?
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:25 am

Post by Lloyd »

Xtoxm wrote:Something i'd to point out, the banter between TSPN and TS was a bit too reaching in my eyes for them to be distancing as a scum pair. If one of them came up scum i'd be pretty convinced the other was innocent.
I disagree. I've seen players in other games (who turned out to be scums) heavily push for each other's lynch, even on day 1.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:25 am

Post by Lloyd »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Man, for some reason this game really gets my blood up. Sorry for more long rantish posts.
Are you referring specifically to this game, or mafia games in general?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Kinetic »

Vengence Vote Count:

1 - Xtoxm (TheStranger)
1 - TheSweatpantsNinja (Xtoxm)
1 - The Stranger (TSPN)

It is
votes to lynch.
No Deadline is currently imposed.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:19 am

This game, specifically, I meant.
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by TheStranger »

Xtoxm, how are any of my statements about TSPN reaching? I only expressed what I thought and where I saw contradictions to allow him to respond appropriately. I never said he was scum or that I was particularly disatisfied with his answers. I made my thoughts and questions clear, why would i be any less lucid about my suspicions?
He stated that I had no place in a society whose most fundamental rules I ignored and that I could not appeal to the same human heart whose elementary response I knew nothing of
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:34 pm

I think he meant reaching in a depth sense, as in we spent too much time arguing to be scumbuddies. Which is true.
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by TheStranger »

Oh, I see.

I also don't like Yvonne accussing me of baiting TSPN. If someone does something unreasonable in your eyes it's wrong to bring it up? Somehow that's baiting, but Xtoxm voting himself, then voting TSPN for accusing him and return-accusing him of "sounding like scum" somehow isn't baiting. I guess because TSPN responded to me but not Xtoxm?

I can't totally blame her though, because I somewhat missed this point too at the time. Xtoxm clearly escalated the situation with his vote and accusation, building off my points, and yet TSPN really shrugs that off and even calls ME too sure.
FOS
both of them, but consider my Xtoxm vote non-random now(though of course I don't think we should lynch him for it)
He stated that I had no place in a society whose most fundamental rules I ignored and that I could not appeal to the same human heart whose elementary response I knew nothing of
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:32 pm

I've been slowly starting to think the same thing, actually. I thought your response initially had more substance, while xtoxm's was just based on me being "uncertain." Which I wasn't, and it never made any sense, so I focused on your response and then we started debating finer statistics and I got distracted. I'm starting to feel an yvonne-xtoxm scumpair.

Consider that xtoxm self-votes, and yvonne says "classic townie move," I say "bad idea", thestranger FOS's me, and then xtoxm votes me for being uncertain, without even mentioning yvonne. Later, yvonne asks him "why it was a pro-town move," and xtoxm ignores her. Then, later, xtoxm says its been a few days since yvonne said she was going to post a summary. Its sort of like xtoxm really wants yvonne to keep playing, but doesn't really want to examine her play. Even yvonne's analysis concludes with her being "on the fence" about xtoxm.

So, I'm going to
unvote
for now. I don't want to put xtoxm at L-1 without some more discussion, but I'm starting to swing back to thinking of the self-vote as a scum gambit.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by Lloyd »

I like how TheStranger's vote is no longer random.

Despite what TheSweatpantsNinja wrote, I don't like how he unvoted without FOS'ing nor voting for Xtoxm.

Vote: TheSweatpantsNinja
for that plus earlier Wifom-ish posts, which now puts TheSweatpantsNinja at L-1.

FOS: Xtoxm and YvonneSeer
for not posting substantively in responses to them being a possible pair, as both SweatpantsNinja and I pointed out earlier.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Unvote

I don't think we've decided he's going to be lynched, and now it's been made clear that it would be good for scum to hammer, I think we should wait for what the other's have to say about this incase TSPN is town.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:17 am

lloyd wrote: Despite what TheSweatpantsNinja wrote, I don't like how he unvoted without FOS'ing nor voting for Xtoxm.

Vote: TheSweatpantsNinja for that plus earlier Wifom-ish posts, which now puts TheSweatpantsNinja at L-1.

FOS: Xtoxm and YvonneSeer for not posting substantively in responses to them being a possible pair, as both SweatpantsNinja and I pointed out earlier.
So you're voting me (putting me at L-1) because even though you like what I said, because I didn't put xtoxm at L-1, which, as I
hope
I've made eminently clear, is a bad idea unless we're fairly confident we've found scum. And I didn't specifically FOS him? This is the second time I've been attacked on semantics this game. Silly me, I thought saying, "I don't want to put him at L-1 without more discussion" made it clear enough that I suspected him. And my finger suspects him too.
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by TheStranger »

I think you guys are being too cautious about putting players at L-1. There is a purpose for preassure votes.
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:13 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I've been slowly starting to think the same thing, actually. I thought your response initially had more substance, while xtoxm's was just based on me being "uncertain." Which I wasn't, and it never made any sense, so I focused on your response and then we started debating finer statistics and I got distracted. I'm starting to feel an yvonne-xtoxm scumpair.

Consider that xtoxm self-votes, and yvonne says "classic townie move," I say "bad idea", thestranger FOS's me, and then xtoxm votes me for being uncertain, without even mentioning yvonne. Later, yvonne asks him "why it was a pro-town move," and xtoxm ignores her. Then, later, xtoxm says its been a few days since yvonne said she was going to post a summary. Its sort of like xtoxm really wants yvonne to keep playing, but doesn't really want to examine her play. Even yvonne's analysis concludes with her being "on the fence" about xtoxm.

So, I'm going to
unvote
for now. I don't want to put xtoxm at L-1 without some more discussion, but I'm starting to swing back to thinking of the self-vote as a scum gambit.
Well, you obviously missed the sarcasm.
[i]The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.[/i]
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:17 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Lloyd wrote:I like how TheStranger's vote is no longer random.

Despite what TheSweatpantsNinja wrote, I don't like how he unvoted without FOS'ing nor voting for Xtoxm.

Vote: TheSweatpantsNinja
for that plus earlier Wifom-ish posts, which now puts TheSweatpantsNinja at L-1.

FOS: Xtoxm and YvonneSeer
for not posting substantively in responses to them being a possible pair, as both SweatpantsNinja and I pointed out earlier.
The only thing that links me and Xtoxm is this so-called casual banter between the two of us, which I should think points towards friendly boredom and not potential scumbuddies. But, I have taken note of yet another attempt of yours to pair off players with a weak reason.

vote Lloyd
[i]The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.[/i]
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:58 pm

No, I got the sarcasm, but it seemed like a weaker version of saying what I said. So the fact that xtoxm called out me instead of you for uncertainty struck me as odd.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Unvote

Vote: Xtoxm
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:47 pm

Hmm hmm hmm. I almost feel baited.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Xtoxm, I agree with TheSweatpantsNinja about your determination of uncertainty being odd. Between TheSweatpantsNinja and YvonneSeer, YvonneSeer seems like the one who's been more uncertain, and not the other way around.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:04 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Lloyd is putting people on L-1 far too much looks like he's trying to get just anyone lynched
unvote vote Lloyd
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Kinetic »

Vengence Vote Count:

2 - Lloyd (YvonneSeer, Xtoxm)
2 - Xtoxm (Lloyd, TheStranger)

Not Voting: TSPN

It is
votes to lynch.
No Deadline is currently imposed.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:20 am

Ah, hell. I spent half an hour going back and forth and back and forth, but I'm going to
vote: xtoxm.
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:22 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Are you scum? Why did you hammer so fast?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”