DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:51 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

curiouskarmadog wrote:shafted I think before you next post, you need to take a moment and read the game...

read DGB's role
I explained why a locked up "a" watcher..not "the"
What? I'm a watcher? What's a watcher, then?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:51 am

Post by shaft.ed »

CKD, I misunderstood what you meant by yesterday with that post. By yesterday you meant N1, not N2. Also I was off in saying DGB should have been in your "did nothing" pool, but that targeting the day before could have easily been faked as it's not confirmed. I think of the roles more as not useful, or harmful to town. DGB fits into that category so would make an obvious choice for a jailkeeper. And she also fits into your group of people that either couldn't have, or may not have done anything N1. If your refering to the fact that your or DGB could have blocked cicero, that's not the case. Cicero does not have a power, therefore he cannot be blocked or motivated by DGB or myself.

And I still don't like your explanation for jailing Adele. I don't think she'd be the one making the kill even if she were mafia.

Anyway I liked the formating of the flow of night actions, I think I will try to make an exclusionary list based on the assumption that those choices are truthful.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:53 am

Post by cicero »

No DGB - Adele is now a watcher because Yvonne targetted her. You are a dampener. Now: who did you dampen?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:04 am

cicero wrote:No DGB - Adele is now a watcher because Yvonne targetted her. You are a dampener. Now: who did you dampen?
That's what I thought. Then I don't know what CKD is saying.

How come Adele is a watcher now, I don't get that from Yvonne's role.

Is there a reason why I should give my night target before Yvonne?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:07 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Well I think DGB should hold off. While Yvonne can't target DGB, DGB may have blocked a potential target from landing their power.

And Adele absorbs powers. Yvonne targeted Adele N1 so Adele now has Yvonne's power to use. Note that she will not absorb your power since you dampen her ability to absorb so please don't target her.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:07 am

Post by shaft.ed »

EBWOP: Yvonne please go.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:07 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

it was two different thoughts...shafted wanted to know why I jailed "the" watcher..I jailed "a" watcher (adele) not "the" watcher (yvonne).

I want Yvonne to claim next.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:08 am

Post by shaft.ed »

CKD I don't know why your splitting that hair but
shaft.ed wrote:You do realize that Adele was a WATCHER last night.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:13 am

also shafted you are right, DGB could not target Adele ( I should liten to my own advice and read the roles again)...anyway, after reading that Yvonne/Adele link I wanted to target one of the two...Adele can not absorb my power, and I wanted to compare who Yvonne watched today versus yesterday.

your post makes it sound like I targetted the watcher (also at the time I didnt think you knew who had what role) and only watcher...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:15 am

ugh that didnt make sense. at the time, i didnt think you knew who had what role. I thought you thought that Adele was THE watcher...when she was just a watcher.

and jsut so we are on the same page, you understand now when I said "yesterday"..I meant "Day 1" right?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:17 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Yeah I think we both now understand what we did not. I won't make that any easier to read though as to maintain the confusion ;)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:17 am

The Fonz wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:Since Yvonne is refusing to go, I will go and explain.

I did target Adele.

Yesterday:

I used my ability on Gorgon (confirmed for sure)
DGB said he targeted Gorgon (no way to cofirm)
Cicero targeted Shafted (shafted confirmed it)
Shafted targeted Yvonne (Yvonne confirmed it)
Fonz did not provide info.
Adele did nothing
Shea did nothing
Yvonne targeted shafted and Adele (there is no way to confirm this, she declared last)

A mafia kill was submitted so it could be Adele, Shea, Fonz, or DGB.
I had this train of thought yesterday, but Adele pointed out that being 'confirmed' by one other player doesn't confirm anything, since any two players could conceivably be scum together.
you are correct...so the only person that can truly be confirmed as using their role was me.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:19 am

Post by shaft.ed »

And Shea since his role is to do nothing. Speaking of which.....
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:01 pm

shaft.ed wrote:And Shea since his role is to do nothing. Speaking of which.....
He's asking for replacement in all his games, see GD.

:cry:

Mod: please replace TSQ

YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by YvonneSeer »

I will claim next but only after all the other players agree with this. I don't want to claim if there's a possibility that the majority of the players who are asking for it are the scum. Anyway, I've got cicero, CKD and shaft.ed holding me at gunpoint so far, and if there are any others who want me to claim immediately, go ahead and voice it out.
[i]The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.[/i]
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by YvonneSeer »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
YvonneSeer wrote:Nobody, except Adele, but she must go before me today since something's happened which involves her.

Also, all the players have to tell the truth if they go before me because they don't know my result. If I go first, the scum can escape easily and there is essentially no use to my role.
How do you know Adele can catch you lying? You targetted her again last night? Why? Are you refusing to claim now?
It should be obvious that one watcher can easily catch another watcher in a lie. The only thing you need to worry about is if Adele and I are both scum together, otherwise I can catch Adele if she lies as scum and vice versa.

Also, you already jailed one watcher and now, you want the other to claim ahead of others. So much for having the information roles catch the scum in this game. The scum are going to be able to make safe claims easily now.
[i]The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.[/i]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by cicero »

I swear to god I'm not smart enough for this game. My brain was no good at dealing with logic games on the LSAT and this tangled web gives me a migraine.

Yvonne, I dont want you to claim first every day. Frankly I dont care if you claim next. I would like to figure out some insulation against you being scum. Other than that, yes, you going last makes sense. So here is what I propose: TODAY Yvonne goes last for sure.
Unvote

Why?

Because CKD jailed Adele. That means our one pure info role shouldnt be compromised.

I'm happy to have Yvonne post high in the lineup on some other day when there is indeed the possibility that she might be kept honest by Adele. SO Yvonne, consider my foot off your head. Brilliant advocacy could change my mind again but for now I'm more interested in hearing other claims and digesting why on earth CKD jailed Adele.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Why would it be compromised, Cic?

Think who has left to claim. Bear in mind, the only person who has to lie is the scum who performed the kill. Either Yvonne will claim to have seen the killer, or not.

DGB's power shouldn't really be used, so if she's seen visiting a corpse, I don't think I'd have the slightest qualm about lynching her.
Shea doesn't have a power, so if he was out he killed, no arguments.
Mathcam would be a ridiculous choice for shaft.ed to target, so again, if Yvonne saw him going there, he's dead.
The present consensus seems to be that I not claim at all.
What Adele claims to have attempted is irrelevant. We know she was neither killer nor target.

So, what exactly is it that you would expect to compromise Yvonne's information?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:31 am

I have explained why I jailed Adele...I am here to stop scum and we do not know that I am off....we do know she did not submit the kill last night. Yesterday I saw Adele and Yvonne trying to control my actions and setting up yesterday's order of claims...there was a link, I might have targetted the wrong person as it seems...but dont act like we did not learn anything.

I want Yvonne to delcare now, because I have a feeling that if she does so now she is only going to confirm what has already been said. Most likely claiming to target me, cicero, or adele. If Yvonne is scum and she submitted the kill last night, going last she could then easily make up her claim again. I am curious why one of the first things she said today was "I thought I go last"...was that the plan that was stated yesterday? Yvonne always goes last? I saw where Adele had mentioned that Yvonne should go last yesterday but am I missing where anyone said she should go last everyday. I think scum might have had a plan now it is not going by that plan.

vote yvonneseer.

she says she wants to catch scum, but who really is left to claim? You is trying to make me look shady for pressing this, why? Dont you want to be confirmed townie? If you are telling the truth and someone says you are lying, then we have something to go on. Why wait till later to do that, when you can do it now? I think she is scum....

CLAIM!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:08 am

you "is" = you "are"

it basically boils down to this, if yvonne is scum and submitted the kill (or knows who does)..she will safety claim some BS if she claims now because it is not going as "planned"...if she goes last, I pretty much have a feeling that she is not going to catch any scum or "lies" and just agree with what has been said. I am not down with that.

CLAIM now! No one else claim.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:41 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:I am curious why one of the first things she said today was "I thought I go last"...was that the plan that was stated yesterday? Yvonne always goes last? I saw where Adele had mentioned that Yvonne should go last yesterday but am I missing where anyone said she should go last everyday.
Absolutely. Yvonne and Adele are going down in flames. In my book, reluctance to claim when under pressure is a huge scumtell. Going last two days in row? I don't think so. I'm surprised cicero is going along with this, which is suspicious.

Furthermore, Yvonne's reluctance is so scummy that it almost doesn't matter who she targeted at this point.

vote: YvonneSeer

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:00 am

Post by cicero »

Ah there we have some good arguments on the table. A most useful unvote if I've ever done one :D

Yvonne... How do you respond to these gentlemen? Doesn't Fonz make a sensible point. Either you saw who killed Matchcam or you didn't. So did you?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:02 am

Post by cicero »

Incidentally, we're effectively down two players right now. Adele has no internet access apparently, and we know about Shea replacting out. So there's no point waiting for them to weigh in.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:09 am

then they should be replaced
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:10 am

Post by cicero »

Of course. My point was that if Yvonne is waiting for them to chime in we'll be here until doomsday.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”