'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:22 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Thirtieth (and Final) Vote Count of Day Four:

Yosarian2 - 9 (Mastermind of Sin, Crub, Setael, Mariyta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Ectomancer, Sir.Laggalot, cicero, Dasquian)

PookyTheMagicalBear - 4 (Arafax, Yosarian2, Adel, HackerHuck)

Not Voting - 3 (AniX, Sudo_Nym, Battle Mage)

The constant suspicion and long hours began to wear on the good people of Santa Carla. And the not-so-good ones, as well... but with measured finality, they eventually strung up a young man, barely a teenager, from a light pole just as the sun touched the horizon. When nothing happened to his body after death, it became clear that the nightmare was not over yet.

Yosarian2, Sam Emerson (a young citizen of Santa Carla), was lynched Day Four.

It is now Night Four; any applicable night choices are due to me no later than the end of Sunday, February 10th.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Despite a growing sense of menace and a penchant for mob violence, the nights of Santa Carla remain relatively quiet. Was the threat only in your minds, or are they just getting better at hiding the corpses?

No one has died Night Four.

It is now Day Five; with fifteen players present, eight votes will lynch.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:49 am

Post by Dasquian »

I guess I should be relieved since the only death I was half-expecting last night was my own, at the vig's hands, following Adel's last comment of the day.

I have nothing to report from last night. Time to hear from everyone I guess.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Setael »

I think we're all town and Flay's just messing with us. Mariyta's the only one that's in on it. That's my theory.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:51 am

Post by cicero »

Whereas I prayed for death. But its sweet embrace did not come.

Vote Pooky
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Adel »

I want ecto to tell us who he targeted and why before we lynch him.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:58 am

Post by AniX »

I agree that people with powers need to step forward and tell me things I can not tell myself.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Adel »

Mariyta: what kind of "suffering" did you experience last night?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:46 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I hate this game
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Adel »

Oh, and was anyone bit last night? I find it hard to believe that Mariyta would be the only person bitten so far.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Setael »

Likely a few have been bitten but haven't come forward, probably because they haven't decided which side to join, and don't have to until they kill someone. I think Dasquian is one of these. Yos may even have been one, and since he hadn't killed anyone he wasn't officially cult so it didn't show when he card flipped.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Adel »

Which makes investigation results even more interesting.

Mariyta: have you had any contact with your CR? Any messages sent or recieved?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I came across this post of mine from earlier in the game, and that convinced me to reconsider my opinion of Pooky in this game.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
VitaminR wrote:BM, I've played enough games with Pooky to know he's not always like this. He may be absent generally, but he's a lot less antagonistic when town.
really? i've had the exact opposite experience. Pooky-scum that i have played with tends to be far more logical and reserved. Pooky-town seems to be far less concerned with how others see him.

BM
The problem here is, BM's right in part. Pooky's late trend has been not really caring about what people think, just sitting back and watching the game without really doing anything. I call this lazy-pooky, and it makes me sad, but he does do it more as town. Vitty, on the other hand, remembers Pooky from back in the day, when he actually tried. It'd be nice to get that Pooky back.
When I wrote this post below, I had forgotten what I wrote above, and I think I was just treating Pooky based on normal scumtells, rather than thinking about how tells actually applied to Pooky himself.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:The main argument against Pooky seems to be the following:

1) He's tended to disappear a lot, showing up just in time to post and get the heat off, then disappearing

2) He's Pooky, so he's definitely smart enough to come up with a claim like that as scum

I feel that 1 is definitely valid, but not enough to make him a top suspect. That is the one thing I do agree with, though, that the timing of his contributions seems very suspect. However, Pooky has been very instrumental in theory conversations, providing a lot of good insight on playing the game. I feel like his contributions do not reflect inside knowledge but rather just a good sense of strategy, something most people can agree Pooky *does* have. He needs to be more active, but that's how all his games are, not just this one. As for #2, I have always hated that argument, but I respect that it is somewhat valid. I think that Pooky's claim makes more sense as a red herring than as something Pooky came up with. I think a Pooky fake claim would have had some sort of ability to go with it. Pooky's claim is townie, but with a different rolename than everyone else. I feel that if he was going to claim something completely out of the blue like that, he would've gone for something he could fit an ability to, to make himself more valuable to the town. We had already seen that minor characters like Mariyta's and Ectomancer's could have power role abilities, so I feel a fake claim from Pooky would have had some clever ability attached to it. This feels more likely to be in line with Flay's habit of red herrings than with a Pooky fake claim.
While everything I said here is true about his actions, I think that my first post is correct in pointing out that the logical, helpful Pooky is more likely to be scum, and my second post concluded that that's what he's doing, even though I didn't make the right conclusion based on the facts I pointed out. The fact that the majority of his posts have been regarding theory discussion and *how* we should be hunting scum and reacting to this setup instead of actually going out and hunting scum himself leads me to believe that he may actually be scum this game. As far as I can tell, the first time he really engaged anyone was arguing against Yos2 yesterday.

Vote: Pooky
I think he's a worthier lynch candidate than AniX, who was my #2 ahead of Pooky yesterday.
Permanent V/LA.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Adel wrote:I want ecto to tell us who he targeted and why before we lynch him.
I already said who I was targeting and why. You'll also have to come up with a damn good reason to lynch me.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Adel »

you were targeting pooky?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Adel wrote:you were targeting pooky?
Correct.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Adel »

vote: Ectomancer

until he explicitly states who he targeted and why.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Adel »

vote ectomancer for being a liar. I watched pooky last night, and he was targeted, but not by ectomancer.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Adel wrote:vote ectomancer for being a liar. I watched pooky last night, and he was targeted, but not by ectomancer.
Then you failed, as we know you have a chance of doing.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Mariyta, when you get the chance, investigation on Adel please.

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Adel »

bull. I did get a result last night, and I do know the name of a player who targeted pooky last night. That name is not "Ectomancer".

die scum die.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Ectomancer »

You had best speak to the mod and make sure your PM was accurate. If lynched, I will die town (unrecruited as well, though that is unprovable). Otherwise, you are lying in order to prevent my roleblock from freezing a CR until he is killed.

I roleblocked Pooky, just as I said I would in order to avoid screwing up your tracking, as you requested.

Adel is probably not the CR (judging by the roles claimed in game), but was recruited. She is certainly not to be trusted to do anything she says she will.

I'm not voting you Adel, so sorry. Our way to win is still by lynching the CR, and I don't think that is you.

TinVision, what was your action last night?

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Adel »

I replaced TinVision. The question you should ask is who Sir. Laggalot targeted, and who Mariyta targeted.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Adel »

btw, my role PM and the PM I got from the mod left no room for confusion. Which angel of mercy do you think will save you now?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Well this is an interesting turn of events. I'm not sure who to believe. Ectomancer is more likely to have been a scum RBer from the beginning, but it's possible that Adel was recruited as well. Adel, can you reveal who *did* target Pooky? Perhaps more information can at least help us figure out who's lying. If that person can confirm your story, that will help a lot in figuring everything else out.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”