1, eljcko
-
massive

1, Coolbot
-
Khelvaster

Not Voting:
4, Zyrconium, Spindax, thing =), destructor

CoolBot wrote:]Huh? What did I say that changed you mind so quickly?
I didn't want to vote him at first because I didn't think scum would ask for a mass name claim. The more I thought about it, the more I've been thinking that a townie would ask for one on day 1. I just don't get what Khelvaster's logic would be no matter what side he'd be on, and like you said we really don't have anything else to go on. Right now, this seems like the only good play other than voting Zyrconium for lurking, which we can do later.

Plus I don't quite like Khelvaster's responses. The more I look back, the fishier things look. You did just ask for names of the 9 in the Fellowship. Now think. If only power roles had had names, you would have ousted all of them. Yet you said:
Khelvaster wrote:I think it's pretty clear that we won't have 9 power roles, so asking for whether people are in the fellowship or not is perfectly legitimate.
You seem pretty focused on finding out who's fellowship. You're associating the fellowship with power roles, which makes me look at your name claim with more skepticism. You've confused me from the beginning, to the point I thought you couldn't be scum. Now I don't see how I was so certain.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:29 am

Post by massive »

Man, this wagon is a-rollin' right along. As soon as I saw GSGold's post voting for Khelvaster (in the "mafia spot" no less -- is that still a valid thing?), my scumdar started tingling. So I went back and had a read. Both GSGold and crazy_vlad hopped onto this bandwagon despite posting about the mass-nameclaim on page 1 but not voting:
crazy_vlad wrote:I don't think Khelvaster is a scum; it would be too obvious and a much too simple play from the first post.
GSGold wrote:I'm not sure what to think on this whole name-claim argument, but I don't think it's a good idea on Day 1.
That's some pretty wiggly posts right there. GSGold even eventually goes the other way, FOS'ing Matt_S. crazy_vlad gets points for starting the ball rolling and actually giving reasons, but it's clear that GoldGS is just opportunistic scum hopping on a wagon that he really doesn't believe in.

unvote
vote GoldGS
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Matt_S wrote:
Khelvaster wrote:I think it's pretty clear that we won't have 9 power roles, so asking for whether people are in the fellowship or not is perfectly legitimate.
You seem pretty focused on finding out who's fellowship. You're associating the fellowship with power roles, which makes me look at your name claim with more skepticism. You've confused me from the beginning, to the point I thought you couldn't be scum. Now I don't see how I was so certain.
NO NO NO!

I am associating the fellowship with not being scum, if all 9 fellowship members are present. All I had needed you to say was that you were town and not in the fellowship, and I would have abandoned my entire argument. It would have confirmed you as town too, since scum wouldn't know this.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:00 am

Post by eljcko »

massive wrote:Man, this wagon is a-rollin' right along. As soon as I saw GSGold's post voting for Khelvaster (in the "mafia spot" no less -- is that still a valid thing?), my scumdar started tingling. So I went back and had a read. Both GSGold and crazy_vlad hopped onto this bandwagon despite posting about the mass-nameclaim on page 1 but not voting:
crazy_vlad wrote:I don't think Khelvaster is a scum; it would be too obvious and a much too simple play from the first post.
GSGold wrote:I'm not sure what to think on this whole name-claim argument, but I don't think it's a good idea on Day 1.
That's some pretty wiggly posts right there. GSGold even eventually goes the other way, FOS'ing Matt_S. crazy_vlad gets points for starting the ball rolling and actually giving reasons, but it's clear that GoldGS is just opportunistic scum hopping on a wagon that he really doesn't believe in.

unvote
vote GoldGS
After reading this, I took a look back at GS's posts and found this great gem:
GSGold wrote:Alright, well, we still have the events before the untheme to think about, if any of it can be salvaged. Most of it was arguments about roleclaiming, which the logic behind no longer works.

Do we go back to random voting, or...?
GS says hear that the mass nameclaim was "no longer logic behind the works." But right after that post, his next is jumping on a bandwagon of Khelvaster. He gives no reasoning other than to move discussion along and to get a bandwagon going. Care to comment on your change of heart GS?
unvote, vote: GSGold

I do not like it at all that you decide to jump on a bandwagon over an issue you said yourself was illogical.
I am also growing suspecious of Matt_S, he did the same thing GS did; he bandwagoned for the heck of it. You also seem way too worried about your page one actions, and what do you mean by this:
Matt_S wrote: I really wonder what would have happened if I hadn't said anything though...
You come across as trying way too hard to blend in with the town. I don't like it at all.
FOS: Matt_S
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Matt_S »

eljcko wrote: I am also growing suspecious of Matt_S, he did the same thing GS did; he bandwagoned for the heck of it. You also seem way too worried about your page one actions, and what do you mean by this:
Matt_S wrote: I really wonder what would have happened if I hadn't said anything though...
You come across as trying way too hard to blend in with the town. I don't like it at all.
Post 75(which has a typo, I said would when I meant wouldn't >.>) explains my reasoning. I was seriously doubting Khelvaster's intentions. The only reason I hadn't already voted him was because I couldn't see why a scum would suggest it either. I couldn't see a better play other than voting Zyrconium who's been lurking the whole time. And the reason I'm worried about my page one actions is because I created several pages of confusion with no clear gain. I also fail to see how calling out Khelvaster's plan in my first post is blending in.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
crazy_vlad
crazy_vlad
Townie
crazy_vlad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by crazy_vlad »

at this point from my point of view, the good news is that we have a debate. the not so good news is that I'm even more confused.
Khelvaster, as I mentioned from the beginning my vote for you was just a question mark.
I've read your posts. what it still bothers me is that you did the mass claim right in the beginning....but I'm confused...
and what I still don't like is that a lot of of our lets say colleagues are not posting, making even harder to say who's who...
Khel, as you are not in immediate danger of being lynched, I won't remove my vote for you, at least not for now, but I'll have an eye for others.
again, a lot has being said, maybe you area townie and some of the bandwagon votes are from mafia, or maybe the mafia guys are not talking at all waiting just for a good moment to speed a lynch....and so on...
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by eljcko »

Matt_S wrote:
eljcko wrote: I am also growing suspecious of Matt_S, he did the same thing GS did; he bandwagoned for the heck of it. You also seem way too worried about your page one actions, and what do you mean by this:
Post 75(which has a typo, I said would when I meant wouldn't >.>) explains my reasoning. I was seriously doubting Khelvaster's intentions. The only reason I hadn't already voted him was because I couldn't see why a scum would suggest it either. I couldn't see a better play other than voting Zyrconium who's been lurking the whole time. And the reason I'm worried about my page one actions is because I created several pages of confusion with no clear gain. I also fail to see how calling out Khelvaster's plan in my first post is blending in.
As to your blending in, I think your constant apoligizing is stupid and an act getting old.

There are two main points that you continually repeat, Matt_S

1. You say that an anti-town would not call for a mass-nameclaim. It is not to the scum's best intrest.
2. You were reluctant to vote for khelvaster because you thought it was pretty pro-town to suggest a name claim.

If you think it is pro-town to suggest a name-claim, and that it is not in the mafia's best intrest at all, why do you proceed to vote for the person that suggested it? You are contradicting yourself.

Also, you vote for Khelvaster for pretty lame reasons. It's fishy and that you have no other leads to ride on, so you bandwagon. Why not null vote for the time being until other leads come. No one is making you vote.

Mod Shaka:
Requesting a prod of zyrconium, the game started a week ago and he still hasn't posted once.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I'm voting because I want to. I don't get why anyone would suggest a name claim on day 1, but I'd think it would probably benefit the town more. And I haven't "constantly apologized", I've expressed my dislike for the situation. I'm voting for someone whose motives confuse me. If you have a problem with that, that's fine. But your problem is that nobody else has done anything to get as much attention, and you're saying I'm fishy for attacking Khelvaster for his actions. But if it makes you happy I'll target someone else.
FoS eljcko
. Khelvaster says that if people weren't Fellowship, they just had to tell everyone. Yet he says there aren't 9 power roles, and says that because of that there's nothing wrong with asking if people are in the fellowship or not. The only thing I can guess is that he thinks names are connected with power roles. So in other words, "nonfellowship people, a.k.a. vanilla townies, come forward so we don't accidentally night kill you".

Of course he says this isn't what he meant, but the more I read his posts the less I believe him. I don't believe you either, eljcko. You seem to think that my vote is just to conform. It's not. I don't really know what else I can say that hasn't been said. Oh, except this: you said Khelvaster was "very suspicious" in your first post, yet you now start defending him once more people are looking at him. Realize this: if Khelvaster comes up scum you're my next vote.
Show

(2) think very hard;
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by shaka!! »

eljcko wrote:
Mod Shaka:
Requesting a prod of zyrconium, the game started a week ago and he still hasn't posted once.
Prod sent.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:23 am

Post by destructor »

I feel I haven't contributed to this game as much as I could have. I'm catching up in a bunch of other games I'm in right now, but I'll try to get something substantial in here at some point tomorrow. From my cursory read of the posts since my last, I'm still very iffy about the Khelvaster wagon.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
GSGold
GSGold
Townie
GSGold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:21 am

Post by GSGold »

I would like to first take a moment to giggle at "GoldGS".

Well, I don't know where to start on defenses, as I'm not an experienced player at all. I have to leave in a moment anyway, so I'll start with this and comb through the stuff later tonight.
GS says hear that the mass nameclaim was "no longer logic behind the works." But right after that post, his next is jumping on a bandwagon of Khelvaster. He gives no reasoning other than to move discussion along and to get a bandwagon going. Care to comment on your change of heart GS?
You quoted me wrong, but I'm going to disregard that. It's true that the logic behind the mass nameclaim (Finding people not in the fellowship) wouldn't work anymore simply because we no longer have names. I don't see how that relates to my jumping onto a bandwagon, which was done to try and spur conversation. From what I can tell, it's worked, but not quite in the way I was hoping.

Yeah, this was probably a bad call on my part, I'm not terribly experienced at forums mafia or post analysis and all that. I've simply been doing the first thing that makes sense.

Unvote
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by ting =) »

I am going to
vote:destructor FOS:Khelvaster

destructor wrote: Khelvaster, have you considered that scum were given safe-claims? If so, even without role-claiming, name-claiming could be enough to out certain power-roles.
Here, you're implying that a claim, role or name, would be bad because a)scum might have safe claims b)it will out our power-roles.
destructor wrote:Actually, I think if we're going to do it, the earlier the better. But we've already heard that at least two players have non-fellowship role names and I'd be surprised if scum haven't been given safe claims anyway, which makes me cynical to how effective it would be.
Here, you say it won't work.
destructor wrote:Also, I have recent experience in an ongoing game where a mass name-claim hasn't outed scum.
And here, you say that a mass name-claim doesn't necessarily out scum.

Why then, do you say:
destructor wrote:Can any of those people voting Khelvaster explain how he could be scum? I'm not buying this wagon.
You've already listed, I think, every reason that everyone in the thread has mentioned for suspecting Khelvaster, but you still don't see how he's scum?

That's suspicious. I just don't get how you can agree with the people voting Khelvaster that the name-claim would have been bad, but you're not willing to join them.

I think that:
You and Khelvaster are scum. You're defending him because he's your scumbuddy, but you don't want to out yourself, so you're trying to blend in and agree about everyone's opinions.

I'm not so sure about Khelvaster, but I think destructor is being scummy, and the whole arguement on him only makes sense if Khelvaster is scum. I wouldn't even suspect Khelvaster, but you just seem to be trying hard to defend him while not trying to look like it, and so he gets an FOS.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:10 am

Post by destructor »

ting wrote:That's suspicious. I just don't get how you can agree with the people voting Khelvaster that the name-claim would have been bad, but you're not willing to join them.
Khelvaster suggesting a name-claim, it being a bad idea and Khelvaster being scum are different things. But anyway, I thought about it and after learning what we did about the setup, I found it unlikely that he'd be scum.

Also, most of your comments on my quotes are wrong because you're saying I said something I didn't and others are being taken out of context.

It's kind of late and I'm not thinking completely straight, but there's also something about the argument for me being scum on the condition that Khelvaster is scum, even though he's not scummy that seems not right.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:30 am

Post by shaka!! »

Looking for replacement for Zycronium.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Matt_S »

Well, I see not much has happened since I last checked on Friday. I'm seeing an attack on destructor, which I'm iffy about. I initially voted him on the assumption that only power roles had names, yet as he put it, Khelvaster being scum and Khelvaster having a bad idea aren't necessarily the same. That said, I feel I should summarize my reasons for voting a little. Khelvaster made a lot of mentions of wanting to know if anyone wasn't in the fellowship. He also brought up the point that not everybody is a power role. Now I may be seeing a false connection here, but recently I got the feeling that Khelvaster wanted names of fellowship people under the assumption that they would be power roles. I'll have to go back later and reread everybody's posts, though I probably won't get that done for a few days since I'm playing my awesome new video games.
Show

(2) think very hard;
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:18 am

Post by eljcko »

Matt_S wrote: I'll have to go back later and reread everybody's posts, though I probably won't get that done for a few days since I'm playing my awesome new video games.
100% irrelevant but what are the new games?

Also, this is to ting.
I think your shot a destructor is a bit of a reach, and a bit incomplete. I don't see how the last quote he used was against him.

There are two opinions on Khelvaster in this thread that are the main ones emerging.
1. Khelvaster is scum because it seems like he is trying to find power rolls
2. Khelvaster had a stupid idea.

All of destructor's comments point to him thinking it was stupid. You are voting for him, IMO, only because you two disagree on points 1 and 2. That is wierd, I would think you would want to vote khelvaster as he has a bandwagon forming and you think that he is scum. You have nothing passable on destructer. Only his defense on Khelvaster.

And why are you locked in on destructer. There are other people defending khelvasters actions too, but you aim only at one person.

I'm sorry, there are far too many more holes in this than the GS case I made.

Unvote, Vote: ting
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Matt_S »

eljcko wrote:
Matt_S wrote: I'll have to go back later and reread everybody's posts, though I probably won't get that done for a few days since I'm playing my awesome new video games.
100% irrelevant but what are the new games?
No More Heroes, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, and Mario Party 8. Despite the different demographics they target, I find all of them fun.

On topic: I still stand by my stance against you if Khelvaster comes up scum. However, until then,
unFoS eljcko
, since I reacted pretty quickly. Speaking of Khelvaster,
Unvote
just so the day doesn't end too quick. More people seem to find Khelvaster scummy than just who's voting for him, so I don't want a quick bandwagon to end this too quickly. Once things die down the vote goes back though. As for ting, I'd like to hear what he has to say, since you make some good points.
Show

(2) think very hard;
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by ting =) »

My whole arguement on destructor, is on the basis that khelvaster is scum, and had decided to go for a name-claim in order to out the power roles. Even destructor admitted that it would out the power roles. Yes, it's possible that he could be town with a stupid idea, or just scum with a scummy idea that he wasn't able to push through.

Like I said already, I didn't originally have khelvaster pegged as scum, it's just when I look at him with regards to what destructor's doing that I get a scummy feeling, which is why he has an FOS, but not a vote from me.

@destructor. I really don't think I'm putting things in your mouth, or taking your statements out of context. It could be my interpretation of your statements I quoted are not what you intended, in which case I'd like if you clarify what you mean.

@eljko. In the last quote, he asked the people on the khelvaster wagon why they were on the wagon. That strikes me as scummy, or at least wishy washy, because the reasons that people are on the wagon, are because of all the things he said which I quoted.

Is it a reach? Not anymore than the wagon on khelvaster is. I'm just scum hunting, looking for any other suspicious play. I suppose the vote is more of an FOS than an actual vote, but since there's no other votes on destructor, there's no harm.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

For the last time, we didn't know that there were some townies outside of the fellowship. I thought the mod might have slipped up, seeing as this was a flavored game in a mini normal board anyway. Besides, one person saying "I am townie, but I'm not in the Fellowship" would have been enough to make me stop asking for a mass nameclaim.

However, this wasn't the case. There was "this is a bad idea, but I can't tell you why," but nothing more concrete than that.

I can reference you to mini theme 483, Fire Emblem Mafia, in which I advocated a claim of this nature early in d1, though for a slightly different reason.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
crazy_vlad
crazy_vlad
Townie
crazy_vlad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:57 am

Post by crazy_vlad »

eljcko
just one question: why did you respond so quickly and so aggressive in defending destructor? there was just one vote on him...for me, your attitude is not the more proper one.
I would have expected this kind of attitude just in case ting was right and you were one of the scums.which I never thought so far. I'll wait for an answer..
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:20 am

Post by massive »

eljcko
: Do you really believe that there are only two options for Khelvaster's suggestions? In other words, do you really believe EITHER he is a scum fishing for ideas OR he is a townie with a stupid idea?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:21 am

Post by eljcko »

massive wrote:
eljcko
: Do you really believe that there are only two options for Khelvaster's suggestions? In other words, do you really believe EITHER he is a scum fishing for ideas OR he is a townie with a stupid idea?
No, but those are the two main ones, and the most reasonable. Do you think there are more? Just like to hear more thoughts as to other viewpoints, what do you think?
eljcko
just one question: why did you respond so quickly and so aggressive in defending destructor? there was just one vote on him...for me, your attitude is not the more proper one.
I would have expected this kind of attitude just in case ting was right and you were one of the scums.which I never thought so far. I'll wait for an answer..
I did respond fairly quickly, I'll give you that. It was a bit in destructor's defense, but my main motive was as an attack on ting. I don't like his motives at all, its a big reach in my opinion, I'll explain later.

ting
:
My whole arguement on destructor, is on the basis that khelvaster is scum, and had decided to go for a name-claim in order to out the power roles.
Your basis is that you believe khelvaster is scum. Fair enough, I can respect that. But why not vote khelvaster. You vote for destructor on the basis of you defending someone you feel is scum. There are way more leads on Khelvaster who also has a solid bandwagon, but you go to someone defending khelvaster. Odd.
Like I said already, I didn't originally have khelvaster pegged as scum, it's just when I look at him with regards to what destructor's doing that I get a scummy feeling, which is why he has an FOS, but not a vote from me.
This kind of confuses me but here is how I read it. You did not think khelvaster was scum the whole time, but when destructor stepped in, it made you scratch your head.
But like I said before, you can use the evidence and find two very different opinions. It was stupid or it was scummy. Because you think khelvasters actions lead to scummyness, and destructor thinks it is stupid, you vote for him.
@eljko. In the last quote, he asked the people on the khelvaster wagon why they were on the wagon. That strikes me as scummy, or at least wishy washy, because the reasons that people are on the wagon, are because of all the things he said which I quoted.
That is a bit odd, but still a but of a reach IMO. I'll have destructor talk about that one, I'm not in his head.

Overall: Still don't like your actions. If it is more of an FOS, give him an FOS. I am still voting for you, I have nothing else to go on that I believe in. You are still full of holes. Why not vote khelvaster and FOS destructor? Your basis is that Khelvaster is scum. I would attack the basis first, so I don't end up hurting anyone else based on a wrong basis. I really hope that made sense.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by ting =) »

@eljko
Still don't like your actions. If it is more of an FOS, give him an FOS.
A vote carries more weight than an FOS. I doubt that you, or anyone, would have responded as much if I just FOSd. Even you, in your attack, used a vote on me instead of an FOS, and your reason for me is just as much of a reach as my vote on destructor. What do you think my motives are anyway? If I'm town, then myself and the town have quite a bit to gain from the information based on his response, and how everyone reacts. If I'm scum, i don't have much to gain on attacking destructor, since there's already a wagon rolling on khelvaster.
Why not vote khelvaster and FOS destructor?
Like I said, the only reason I suspect khelvaster is because of destructor's play. Since I wouldn't even suspect him if not for destructor's actions, destructor gets the vote. I wouldn't be suspicious of him otherwise.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by ting =) »

EBWOP: The bit that went
What do you think my motives are anyway? If I'm town, then myself and the town have quite a bit to gain from the information based on his response, and how everyone reacts. If I'm scum, i don't have much to gain on attacking destructor, since there's already a wagon rolling on khelvaster.
is in response to:
It was a bit in destructor's defense, but my main motive was as an attack on ting. I don't like his motives at all, its a big reach in my opinion, I'll explain later.
You never mentioned what you thought my motives are. You mentioned why you suspected me, but not what you thought my motives were.

As far as I can tell, the only reasons you're voting for me are:
a)ting should have voted khelvaster and fosd destructor
b)ting's attack on destructor is filled with holes.

I think I've answered (a). For (b): Honestly, which attack right now isn't filled with holes? Mafia is a game of assumptions, suspicions, and conjectures. Unless the mafia make a big slip up and do something stupid, all attacks on anyone will be filled with holes. Even your attack on me.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:27 am

Post by massive »

eljcko wrote:No, but those are the two main ones, and the most reasonable. Do you think there are more? Just like to hear more thoughts as to other viewpoints, what do you think?
There's also the possibility that he could be Mafia with a dumb idea. But me personally, I think it's obvious that he's town with a dumb idea. Here's why: The problem with Khelvaster's idea being a "Mafia ploy" is that it requires two other things be true, which we have no substantiated evidence of: that Mafia somehow had safe role claims, and that the Mafia all had role claims that would survive this gambit.

Now, go back and read Khelvaster's original post -- it's obvious (and I'm sorry to have to do this, Khel, but people are voting for you and you should have done it yourself by now) from the way that his post is worded that his original role was one of the names he listed. That is a point in his favor. But even if you go the extra step and believe that he had a safe role claim, he still is running a gambit that could possibly out the entire rest of his team -- there's been no night, so he hastn't talked to his supposed cronies to find out if their safe role claims would fit into the gambit.

So in order for you to believe that Khelvaster's plan was a scummy attempt at outing power roles, you have to believe that (a) the Mafia have safe role claims and probably (b) the Mafia's role PMs also denote what safe role claims the other scum in the group have. That seems wildly irresponsible.

The thing that strikes me upon going back and looking at those first initial posts is that Matt_S clearly understands that this is the case, based on his post immediately after Khelvaster's post:
Matt_S wrote:I don't know whether to call you a scum or a power role.
It appears that he has read that Khelvaster is essentially claiming one of the nine names he listed, but he always seems to walk that line between the two options: power role, or scum. When he finally does jump on the Khelvaster bandwagon, he does so seemingly at random, and then when pressed gives reasons that don't stand up to his previous actions. Here, I'll quote it:
Matt_S wrote:I didn't want to vote him at first because I didn't think scum would ask for a mass name claim.
The more I thought about it, the more I've been thinking that a townie would ask for one on day 1.
I just don't get what Khelvaster's logic would be no matter what side he'd be on, and like you said we really don't have anything else to go on. Right now, this seems like the only good play other than voting Zyrconium for lurking, which we can do later.
Bolding mine. Moving off of the lurky lynch, he says "the more I think about it, the more likely it is he's town, but since you all are voting for him, why not?"

The logic that Matt_S seems to be missing seems pretty obvious to me:

1. I'm Fellowship.
2. If I'm Fellowship, there are probably other Fellowship roles out there.
3. If there are other Fellowship roles out there, there is a possibility that all nine are out there.
4. If there are nine Fellowship roles, they are the town.

That's not even hard to follow. Khelvaster readjusted his attacking points, but that is the logic flow of it, in a nutshell.

unvote, vote Matt_S

I think Matt_S got lucky, in that CoolBot came out as a non-Fellowship-er before he had to make a definitive stand. I think vanilla townie is the safest fake claim a scum can make. I think he is bandwagoning despite admitting that he thinks the actions of Khelvaster are more likely those of a townie. Is this the part where I type DIE SCUM DIE?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”