TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

I wish it wouldn't be extremely impolite to post this in a larger font but,

CAN WE PLEASE CUT ALL THIS META CRAP OUT OF DISCUSSION!!!

Constantly talking about what people might do or what they used to do is only clouding what is actually going on in this CURRENT GAME. Continuously meta-ing is just looking like you're padding your post count!

=======================================
Votecount #6

Oman - 2 (Erg0, Jitsu)

pickemgenius - 2 (TrustGossip, Incognito)
Guardian - 2 (opie, Matt_S)
Erg0 - 2 (Guardian, Oman)
opie - 2 (Adel, Xylthixlm)
TrustGossip - 1 (pickemgenius)
Matt_S - 1 (ChaosOmega)

Not voting - 0 (nobody)

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
Deadline for D1: Saturday March 1, 10:55AM GMT+10
=======================================
Compcrack

Basically crack.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Adel »

This is my 2122th game post. As Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader
I would support systemically interrogating each doctor individually abut their posts during day 1.
All other Doctors would barrage him with questions and refuse to budge until all questions were answered. I would support Trust Gossip or Shaft.ed as the first target of such an interrogation.
I am qualified for either of these positions because I like to torture people and I have successfully lynched scum in this game. By actively seeking such a position I draw attention to myself and make myself an obvious target for attack. I am not trying to blend in or keep a low profile. If elected I would produce results: lynched scum.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Adel »

btw, say "2122th" out loud. Much more fun that way.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Adel »

damn, wrong tab, wrong game. sorry, please ignore my last two posts.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

;D
Compcrack

Basically crack.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Guardian »

Adel wrote:
opie wrote:
vote: pickmegenius

Why? because I said so!

And. Because Adel has too many votes already...
communicates to his scum buddies that he is apt to chase the later votes on any wagon.
Why do you think he was communicating with his scum buddies in his first post of the game? Also, can you re-clarify -- what exactly was he communicating to them?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Adel »

it is a psychological scumtell I believe in. Scum, trying to be town,
projects
his actions more than normally. This isn't necessarily expressed by more frequent posting than is typical for the player. The scum player is more likely to state his policies prior to an action than is he is as townie. Consistency in thought and deed is much more likely to be emphasized. Playing the part of the "enforcer" for herd behavior often makes up a good portion of the player's posts.

rhetorical bullshit. I was having fun. It had about as much bias as an "God-Denying Evolution in your Schools" article in
Christian Living
under the "Threats to your Family" section.

I apologize for that.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Guardian »

Come again? You don't think it is a tell, now?
Do not lynch me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Adel »

I didn't even remember his first post, but when I saw it his post history when I was collecting those quotes for you I figured I could fit it in pretty nicely. A good way to start or maybe not?
What I was writing was true, but it didn't really answer your question. I spent some time writing it so I didn't want to just throw it away when I examined why I was dodging the question. I don't think he was trying to "communicate" anything with his first post. My bad.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Adel has something on opie.

I'm not sold fully yet.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Adel also has holes in a well-thought out argument.

I find this good actually. Wouldn't scum be more meticulous if they were to reach out their heads so far?

I don't know if I WIFOMed myself but I felt I just had to say it.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Guardian »

So, Adel, you think it was a tell, as in with that bit you crossed out, but not that he was communicating anything to his buddies?
Do not lynch me.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Okay, scumdar time. My overall read on the game so far is that there really isn't enough interaction to pull out anything useful, so I expect these impressions to change rapidly.

Adel
: Neutral; seems to be agitating things without a lot of logic. Talk of an algorithm is amusing. I'd love to know how many townies it has correctly identified, so I can compute error rates.

ChaosOmega
: Only one post. Appears to have been active in other games, perhaps he forgot about this one.
Mod: Can we get a prod on ChaosOmega?

Erg0
: Leaning town. Seems to be looking for scum.

Guardian
: Unsure. Asks a lot of questions, but doesn't seem to do anything with the answers.

Incognito
: Neutral, leaning town. Asks a lot of questions, seems to be looking for scum. Needs to give more opinions.

Jitsu
: Fairly town. Seems pretty sharp. Logical, actively looking for scum.

Matt_S
: Slightly scummy. Wants random bandwagons that get people nowhere near lynch (what good does that do?). Strangely defensive of Erg0. Seems to want to stay under the radar.

Oman
: Leaning town. Seems to be trying to generate discussion. Looking for connections.

opie
: Clearly scum. I forget why. Oh yeah, his argument on Guardian makes no sense.

pickemgenius
: Slightly scummy. Posts are not helpful.

TrustGossip
: Slightly scummy. Posts are not helpful.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Adel »

yes. he wasn't trying to communicate with his buddies.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Incognito »

Adel, I've read over your case against opie and the only opie-post that I find myself disliking is this one (particularly the underlined):
Adel wrote:
opie wrote:I guess I just don't understand why Erg0 is being targetted here,
which makes me suspicious of those voting for him
. I will say that looking back Adel's vote for him has was her first only vote thus far, so perhaps I was a bit hasty with my FOS at her, but something about this just doesn't sit right.
Opie: I'll tell you what was wrong with that picture: three townies were on a wagon of another townie without you or any of your scumbuddies being on the same wagon. You got very happy at having the opportunity to "prove" your pro-town credentials, and then you overreached with this post. If you were better at playing scum you would've waited a while longer before attacking the wagon for being baseless, instead to tried to create an early impression in other players that if Erg0 isn't scum, than Guardian or Oman or maybe even I must be.
I think you hit it on the nose when you state that he seems to be overreaching by extending his suspicions from Guardian and then trickling those same suspicions down onto the other two people who were on the wagon. My problem with your argument against opie is it doesn't factor Jitsu into the equation at all. What are your feelings about Jitsu? Do you not feel like Jitsu's reactions to the Erg0 wagon in some way mirrored opie's reactions?
Jitsu, in post 129, wrote:On a quick reread or the relevant posts from Opie's argument, Oman and Guardian don't sound quite as scummy as I had originally thought, but Guardian's reaction to the pressure on him was interesting. Instead of really addressing the points against him or simply stating he was trying to get reactions (the normal response to being called on pushing a random wagon), he retaliated against Opie and I and, and he did seem just a little evasive with his answers. Was it because Guardian is town and thus was justified to suspect Opie and I for attacking him (and holding back to see our reactions), or was it a scum that was a bit flustered for getting caught on something apparently insignificant? I don't know. At this point, my opinion of Guardian is neutral.

As for Opie, I'm not sure what to think. The random wagon on Erg0 did stick around longer than I would have expected. I admit I got a bit confused myself about what was serious and what was not. I think Opie could have made the same mistake. Could Opie be a scum that got caught overreacting? Yes. I'm not ready to place a vote on Opie yet, but I will be watching what happens with his wagon.
Jitsu, I find myself really disliking the above post. Firstly, could you please point out where Guardian finally admitted that the wagon on Erg0 was indeed random? Secondly, I can't help but get the feeling that you're trying to wipe your hands clean of your earlier actions. You seem to be casting some suspicion towards opie for reacting the way he did around the time of the Erg0 mini-wagon but earlier on, it was you who was claiming to agree with opie's initial posts against Guardian:
Jitsu, in post 73, wrote:I like Opie's post above.

@Guardian: Since you're voting for Erg0 and do seem to be making an attempt to push his wagon here, why don't you explain why you think Erg0 is more deserving of a vote than Oman?
Could you please explain these apparent inconsistencies? Did the re-read really make you feel that dramatically different about Guardian?

Guardian, here's what I dislike about the early happenings. I have no problem with you attempting to generate discussion. I even have no problem with random bandwagons. My problem though is it seems pretty evident to me that you were pretty serious with your thoughts about Erg0 especially when you mentioned the following:
Guardian, in post 43, wrote:Erg0, why do you want Oman to hang? And why are you threatening use of a day vig?

After a re-read, I think Erg0 is definitely the best place for our votes.
Prior to this post, Xylthixlm mentioned the following about Erg0:
Xylthixlm, in post 42, wrote:This discussion is detracting from the process of lynching... who has the most votes? Erg0? This discussion is detracting from the process of lynching Erg0.
but yet Xylthixlm never followed up said statement with a vote against Erg0. My issue with this is I feel like if you were really interested in trying to find out people's opinions about the Erg0 wagon as seen here:
Guardian, in post 65, wrote:Xyl, did you mean definition 3b? If not, please explain what you did mean, and why you thought that it should not have been assumed that you meant 3b.

I'd like everyone to examine the Erg0 wagon and comment on it, say if it is the best place for votes or not, and explain why. If you think there is a better place for votes, explain why that is the best place.
you would have questioned Xylthixlm about why his vote also wasn't on the Erg0 wagon despite his comment from post 42. Instead, you questioned Xyl about something completely unrelated to the Erg0 wagon. Could you please explain why you felt Xyl didn't need to explain his lack of a vote against Erg0?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Adel »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Adel
: Neutral; seems to be agitating things without a lot of logic. Talk of an algorithm is amusing. I'd love to know how many townies it has correctly identified, so I can compute error rates.
The output is a % chance of a player being scum. In a normal mini guessing if there is 3 scum or 4 is like a 70 - 30 split.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Adel, that doesn't answer the question. You gave numbers for 'scum correctly identified', 'scum misidentified as town', and 'town misidentified as scum'. Those numbers are absolutely useless unless you also give the number for 'town correctly identified'.

TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Xyl: Of course I'm not helpful. For example I'm
horrible
at pointing out inconsistencies in your posts.

Oh wait, that's what I've succeeded the most at for this game.

Also, the early game is too egotistical and needlessly confusing due to gambiters for me to really weigh in. Although I think Matt is either very slow or has a very big stick up his ass.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

TrustGossip wrote:Xyl: Of course I'm not helpful. For example I'm
horrible
at pointing out inconsistencies in your posts.
Considering that you haven't pointed out any inconsistencies in my posts, I have to agree.

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by Adel »

Xylthixlm wrote:Adel, that doesn't answer the question. You gave numbers for 'scum correctly identified', 'scum misidentified as town', and 'town misidentified as scum'. Those numbers are absolutely useless unless you also give the number for 'town correctly identified'.
game 1: 2 scum identified, 1 townie identified as scum, 8 other players left other than myself

game 2: 0 scum identified, 3 townies identified as scum, 8 other players left other than myself

game 3: 1 scum identified, 0 townie identified as scum, 4 other players left other than myself
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Xylthixlm wrote:
TrustGossip wrote:Opie doesn't have a bandwagon, he has Adel.
Oops! I somehow confused opie with Oman. My bad. :oops:

It's time to get a bandwagon on opie started anyways.
Are you intentionally stupid? Or are you grossly transparent in your agendas?

I really don't want to insult you that bad, but it seems you either don't get it, or you don't even read my posts then you give an ill-informed opinion about them.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Does TrustGossip always play like this?

TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

I only whip out the bitch claws when someone is severely retarded.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by vollkan »

Xylthixlm wrote: Mod: Can we get a prod on ChaosOmega?
I am playing in Mini 542 which is modded by ChaosOmega. In that game, he posted that he is ill and will be away from MS for a few days.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Adel wrote:game 1: 2 scum identified, 1 townie identified as scum, 8 other players left other than myself

game 2: 0 scum identified, 3 townies identified as scum, 8 other players left other than myself

game 3: 1 scum identified, 0 townie identified as scum, 4 other players left other than myself
Of players your algorithm identified as scum, 3/7 were scum, or 43%.
Of players your algorithm identified as town, 4/13 were scum, or 31%.

I'm less than astonished.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled game of mafia.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”