Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Guardian sounds sincere, and by the sounds of it scope is being unco-operative, so
vote kscope
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:29 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Hi Thesp,

Your post is far from contributing, merely pushing a lynch.

Kisses
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Kison I don't think there can be a no lynch unless there are no votes on the board, by the sounds of the rules.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:33 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Kison: Content is subjective. People who talk alot are not more town then anyone who occasionally says something

Xtoxm: Nice to read you have an opinion of your own.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Xtoxm »

To my experience people who talk more are more likely to be town.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:36 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

That is nonsense. People talk like they usually talk -- Roles are randomly assigned.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Xtoxm »

If you're trying to argue with a pattern i've noticed in my games then why don't you look them up for yourself and see...
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:50 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Dear Xtoxm,

I've played about 90 games for the four years I'm playing mafia now and I know the point you are trying to claim is a nulltell. People like PJ and Glork, for example, still post alot when being scum. So please don't use that terrible logic.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Skruffs »

Thesp:
You've again mentioned you thinking I might be scum, so I will again ask you why. You are still pinging hard on my scumdar, and you now appear to be scuttlling about like a cockroach. Speak up or I shall stamp on thee.

Trying to think of games with ksc0pe in them: bb mafia (scum) and meadows of sorrow (town?) are the two that come to mind, and ksc0pe died early in both of them...
Ksc0pe do you ever maake it to endgame?

Guardian, as scum, has much better staying power, and is more of a threat, in the hypothetical world of both being scum.

Tsq- I'm not buying the "we might lynch a townie, onoez" deal.
fos
the tsq I know claims having a post-restriction as a townie in a normal mini.

In a huge game, on day 1, there's no reason to ever lynch a claimed power role, that I can think of.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:20 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Ready Salted Mafia, Werewolves normal mini, Formula 1 mafia.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Mgm »

The Fonz wrote:
Mgm wrote:
The Fonz wrote:But I'm not going to accept that it's already determined that our choice is that narrow.
So you think there is enough time to drum up votes for another wagon within 48 hours?
There may be. It would be remiss of me not to at least try.
I'd rather not rely on chance to determine if we get a day 1 lynch.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Mgm »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Hi Thesp,

Your post is far from contributing, merely pushing a lynch.

Kisses[/quote] And exactly how is pushing a lynch when we're near deadline not contributing?
Show
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Claus »

Hey, some words are directed at me!
Kison wrote: I protest lynching Iammars. First off, unless there's an idiot vigilante killing night zero, I think it's fairly safe to conclude there are two killing factions. That being said, one of those factions will eventually
kill Iammars/"partner"
either under suspicion of the masonry being disadvantageous down the line, or under suspicion of being part of the opposing scum group.
Maybe I missed something, but did Iammars claim mason or something? Or are you talking about Gorrad/Cow?
kison wrote:
Clause wrote:Meh. Are you guys really going to give SirT a lurker pass? sad. Well, he is not the only one being given one.
The problem, I think, is the fact there are more lurkers than just him. Kscope is condoning his own lurking.
That is true. Guess what? My vote is sitting on Kscope now! Lynching lurkers for great justice.

And btw, welcome Xtomx!
kison wrote: Unvote
Vote : Guardian
(...)

I know Guardian acts similarly as town, but I find that I dislike what he's pushing far more.
I don't agree with a Guardian Lynch. I agree with the the guardian-stubborn more than the guardian-scum theory.

That said, guardian, becoming pissed because people are mad at you is stupid. Your original vote for Mars was stupid, and throwing a tantrum because people say it is stupid is even worse. Acknowledging that you are "sensitive" should mean a higher level of self-awareness, not an excuse to behave like a princess. :-/

That said, If I weren't voting for Kscope/a random lurker, I would vote for one of these people (out of my head):

- Thesp: For jumping around bandwagons, and pushing the Yarr-Lynch
- Xtomx/SirT: for jumping the Yarr wagon with "great logic that"
- Mars: Not for the Yarr, but because he is grabbing the chance of looking like a victim, and not doing much else.

But none of the above reasons are worthier than lurker lynching, right now. There are a few more that tingle my scumdar, but for even weaker reasons, so not worthy mentioning right now.

Ugh. Honestly, 25 people is way too much people to take in at once. :-/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Kison »

Clause, are you allowing Guardian's stubbornness to mislead you into thinking he is more likely to be town as a result of it? I am disregarding his outburst - I've seen him become upset over games as scum. However, his push for Iammars simply disturbs me. What do you think of it?
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Claus »

Kison wrote:Clause, are you allowing Guardian's stubbornness to mislead you into thinking he is more likely to be town as a result of it? I am disregarding his outburst - I've seen him become upset over games as scum. However, his push for Iammars simply disturbs me. What do you think of it?
The problem is - and now I see that I was wrong as well - Guardian was not ALL THAT stubborn against Iammars.

Surprised? Me too! I had the same thing in my head until I decided - in order to reply this post - to re-read guardian.

----
He talks about varied people in his first few posts, and then gives 'mars a vote for the "yarr" reason. But he removes that vote before 15 posts when I invite him into the Thesp bandwagon.

When Erg0 starts questioning guardian for his leaving the 'mars bandwagon, guardian starts defending his original position again.

Then he has a long two way omgus fight with thesp, and on post 61, when the deadline is fixed, he votes mars again.

Then he gets into an OMGUS fight with Thok.

79 comes kinda out of nowhere (both erg0 and guardian). Erg0 insists on the "yarr" point to criticize guardian, and guardian insists in holding his point to his honor.

Then he starts fighting with people on his bandwagon. Then he explodes.

-----

So here is the result, Kison. If you really disregard his outburst, he was not THAT stubborn re. the Iammars wagon, until people started accusing him for it.

So no, I don't think guardian is scummy enough to warrant a vote now. Specially if you're voting him because of "his push for Iammars".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I disagree that Guardian has held his points - if you look at the post that I quoted on the previous page, he defended his original switch to Thesp by saying that he wasn't all that sold on the Mars wagon. Contrast that to his recent assertion that the "Yarr" tell is sound, and you should be able to see the shift in his position.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Kison »

Clause wrote:So here is the result, Kison. If you really disregard his outburst, he was not THAT stubborn re. the Iammars wagon, until people started accusing him for it.
Well, the stubbornness or lack of doesn't get me as much as the idea crossing his mind in the first place. If he really thought that lynching Iammars was a good idea, then retracting it simply because people got on his case about it doesn't really lend him much favor in my eyes. I think that anyone who thinks the situation with Iammars through for more than a few minutes can figure out that there are better ways to handle the situation than to lynch him today.

Between him and Kalei, I would rather my vote be on him because I like what he's been up to far less.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Guardian wrote:And, at that time in the game, I thouight you were copying me pre-game announcement that I'd use haikus. So I didn't aprticularly think that it had anything to do with game-flavor, even if I associated haiku with ninja.
See? Wasn't that easier than throwing a hissy-fit? My vote stays on you for calling our logic crap, when your own logic is actually given in the dictionary when looking up the phrase. Temper tantrum didn't exactly help.

FOS: Thesp
There's a thing called appealing to emotion. It's a last resort scum tactic thats used when he is unable to come up with any more lies. Which is exactly what happened.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Guardian »

Erg0 wrote:I disagree that Guardian has held his points - if you look at the post that I quoted on the previous page, he defended his original switch to Thesp by saying that he wasn't all that sold on the Mars wagon. Contrast that to his recent assertion that the "Yarr" tell is sound, and you should be able to see the shift in his position.
You're bending my actions.

I switched away from Mars when the yarr bit was *the only* bit we had on him.

I switched back when, after analyzing his play, I noticed it hadn't gotten at all better -- the yarr thing was always a strike against him, and his lack of contribution over the rest of the game made me think he had a great chance to be scum.

This whole game you've misinterpreted and tried to enlarge the importance of my switching off of Mars to Thesp. I can see you doing this as town, maybe, but seriosuly? I switched off because you convinced me that lynching him on that alone was a bad idea. I switched back because yarr + the rest of his play all game, there was nothing town showing, and several reasons to think he was scum.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Guardian »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Guardian wrote:And, at that time in the game, I thouight you were copying me pre-game announcement that I'd use haikus. So I didn't aprticularly think that it had anything to do with game-flavor, even if I associated haiku with ninja.
See? Wasn't that easier than throwing a hissy-fit? My vote stays on you for calling our logic crap, when your own logic is actually given in the dictionary when looking up the phrase.
I still disagree with you, patently. I don't want to get into this again, cuz I'll get angry, but your logic is ridiculous, whereas mine makes sense.
Temper tantrum didn't exactly help.
I was mad. Sorry.
FOS: Thesp
There's a thing called appealing to emotion. It's a last resort scum tactic thats used when he is unable to come up with any more lies. Which is exactly what happened.
You're FOSing Thesp for... interpreting my actions? Slapping the "appeal to emotion.. = scum" on my play doesn't make sense for many reasons.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Skruffs, my point wasn't akin to "We might lynch a townie Oh noes" It was that Kscope hasnt done enough that would justify me voting for him when he's usually like this day one, and is valuable further on down the line. If he's still like this later in the game we can cross that bridge there. Twomz, on the other hand, keeps pinging my scumdar, and my gut is that he's scum. I'm going to go with my gut over my annoyance every time.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Guardian wrote:ps: Gorrad, cow, MBL: Only one of you is voting for me or scope, and none of you have been particularly active.

Being pseudo-confirmed town is a great chance to *lead*, and make things happen, without lots of suspicion back for it :\. so use this opportunity.
I'm in the same boat at Hasd here. There's a lot of long posts, most of which I find full of nice, puffy, fluff. It's easy to get lost, hear the same points over and over again, and come out worse for the wear. I'm standing by my previous points. I think a K-Scope wagon just for lurking is totally scum driven, which fits in with Guardian's Thesp-scum points. Frankly, I see all signs pointing to Thesp right now.

Of Guardian and K-Scope, I don't see either as particularly scummy. Guardian's just as pushy and jumpy as he was in Ork, and while I'd like K-Scope to post more, to save his own hide if nothing else, I don't see much scum there. It frankly looks like scum trying to push an easy lynch of a lurker- akin to them pushing the easy lynch of someone with a piratey confirmation. Who really started hard on those two people? I do believe it was Thesp.

Guardian- What makes you so frikkin' sure one pregame piratey post is such a scumtell? Seriously, it's not important, especially when there's so much else to go on. I'm frankly ashamed so many people are wasting time on it. I find a lot of your posts very Guardian-town-esque, but the amount you're pushing on this is, as the Sicilians say, inconcievable.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by Thesp »

Thok wrote:
Thesp wrote:I really don't see why people think Guardian is more likely to be scum (especially after his genuine-looking tantrum), and I don't think he should be lynched today.
If you spend any time reading Open 19, you wouldn't consider Guardian's tantrum a good argument argument for him being town.
I skimmed it - this rant feels a bit different from his actions in that game, but I do understand where you're coming from.
Skruffs wrote:Thesp:
You've again mentioned you thinking I might be scum, so I will again ask you why. You are still pinging hard on my scumdar, and you now appear to be scuttlling about like a cockroach. Speak up or I shall stamp on thee.
No.
UltimaAvalon wrote:FOS: Thesp There's a thing called appealing to emotion. It's a last resort scum tactic thats used when he is unable to come up with any more lies. Which is exactly what happened.
I clearly missed something here.
Thestatusquo wrote:Skruffs, my point wasn't akin to "We might lynch a townie Oh noes" It was that Kscope hasnt done enough that would justify me voting for him when he's usually like this day one, and is valuable further on down the line. If he's still like this later in the game we can cross that bridge there.
Why vote him in the first place, then?
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Twomz »

@ TSQ: That's a very masculine avi you have there sir ;).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:05 am

Post by Mgm »

Typical! We are nearing deadline and we have had no activity in the last 6 hours. Start talking people. We're on the clock.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”