Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count:

Xtoxm 5 (Gorrad, Cyberbob, ChaosOmega, Twomz, Monkey)
Twomz 3 (Blackberry, farside22, armlx)
farside22 1 (Bookitty)

Not Voting: Iammars, Xtoxm, Porochaz, hasdgfas

13 Alive + Heat Advisory = 6 To Lynch

Day ends on or before February 13, at 2:00 AM EST.
Last edited by Glork on Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:08 am

Post by Twomz »

So, either mars is mistaken/lying, or someone on the list is lying. Iammars, could your ability just have something to do flavor wise with curious george?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:11 am

Post by Iammars »

Twomz wrote:So, either mars is mistaken/lying, or someone on the list is lying. Iammars, could your ability just have something to do flavor wise with curious george?
No, my role explicitly states that I need to find Curious George. I have this weird feeling now that I'm an inadvertent townie.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Twomz »

I dunno man. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the players?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:25 am

Post by Iammars »

That could be true. I seriously doubt I'm going to get a result tonight because of the fog and the exact mechanics of my role, but I guess that my past strategy of just choosing at random is my best shot.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:20 am

Post by armlx »

You should choose randomly amongst the most scummy players, as previously stated the only real reason to lie and claim not George is if you are scum.

Or target BB. I have a feeling he has a role name and doesn't realize it or doesn't want to say.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Xtoxm »

No I believe BB...I don't think he is lying there...Agree with the first bit though
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 am

Post by armlx »

I'm not saying lying, just missed the role name. Like I said, I didn't realize I had one until someone mentioned it and i rechecked.

Though Curious George is a longer name and fairly hard to miss, so thats probably not it.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh that's probably not likely...I think there are 3 possibilties...

1. George is scum.
2. Iammars is bullshitting.
3. George wasn't told they are George.

In order of liklihood, IMO.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

armlx wrote:You should choose randomly amongst the most scummy players, as previously stated the only real reason to lie and claim not George is if you are scum.

Or target BB. I have a feeling he has a role name and doesn't realize it or doesn't want to say.
If he get's off results due to the fog it could hurt him more then help. I say leave it up to him to determine whatever it is that he finds out.

@Iammars: I know you are looking for George, but do you want to weigh in on scum at this point?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Iammars »

armlx wrote:You should choose randomly amongst the most scummy players, as previously stated the only real reason to lie and claim not George is if you are scum.

I've targeted Bberry already. However, my role doesn't work like your normal searching role.

And I'll work on scum-hunting a little more in depth tomorrow, when I have the half-day and I can dostuff.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Xtoxm wrote:Yeh that's probably not likely...I think there are 3 possibilties...

1. George is scum.
2. Iammars is bullshitting.
3. George wasn't told they are George.

In order of liklihood, IMO.
I didnt think of any of these 3 reasons, I thought it was simply because George is afraid of being targetted by the scum. There is obviously some connection between both Iammars and "George" so I would assume it would be just as benifical to scum as it is to Iammars to find out who it is... (That is of couse assuming that both Iammars and "George" are town)
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

*cough*

How's the scumhunting going, Iammars?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Iammars »

Cyberbob wrote:*cough*

How's the scumhunting going, Iammars?
I'm working on it. I ended up falling asleep while writing the post. I shouldn't scumhunt on my bed.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:46 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I just thought of something. Perhaps Iammars knows George is town cos he is scum. And when he finds George he joins the group.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Gorrad »

Xtoxm wrote:I just thought of something. Perhaps Iammars knows George is town cos he is scum. And when he finds George he joins the group.
FoS: Xtoxm
for being an idiot.

1) If that was the case, there would have been no reason for George not to claim
2) Do you really think Curious George would EVER be scum, even if the man in the yellow hat told him to?
3) Since he hasn't claimed, George probably has the same ability as Mars, and will be able to find him without having to claim
4) A repeat of number two. Seriously, George with a gun?
5) A quote: "THINK, McFLY!!!"
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well if you look at the dead ppl Dr Neo Cortex is the antagonist in that game but he's townside here.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:57 am

Post by armlx »

In a good set up alignment outside the game doesn't correlate to assignment inside the game exactly, more like 70% so.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Iammars »

There are two main players who attacked me for my unorthodox George claim: Xotxm and armlx. armlx attacked me with reasons and scenarios. Xotxm attacked me by asking questions he knew i wasn't going to answer and occasionally coming up with the random scenario that somehow completely changes what he thinks of me. Even though Xotxm has claimed Coroner, I think I'm ready to lynch him. Note how the coroner claim comes the night before a no-reveal night, so we can conveniently "test" his role. I'm willing to take a risk that he is actually the coroner, because the expected value of lynching him is high.
I don't really see the case against farside, although I probably should read over it once or twice more.
This is one of those games where I'm having trouble finding people scummy, especially with
berry
's tactic in the beginning. That's a secondary factor behind why I claimed that early (besides the main factor of the fact that it's foggy tonight) Are there any other more cases I need to address?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Glork »

Prodding Blackberry, Bookitty, and ChaosOmega, all of whom haven't posted since February 5.

Remember that the deadline is in just over 48 hours.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Porochaz »

glork there is 5 folk voting xtoxm in your previous votecount but you have it down as 4
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by armlx »

If there is no decided lynch by Tuesday night EST, I am willing to lynch xtoxm. A 3-1 end game is more or less the same as a 2-1 (3-1 if no lynch, 2-1 if lynch), and while I defended his pro-town alignment fairly extensively, I feel he has not significantly contributed to scum hunting enough so far to make his continued presence in the game worth the information we sacrifice by leaving him alive. It also clears up a lot of potential issues with my current game theory. The only way him living is extremely relevant IMO is a vig shot or RB kill stop occurring in which case he is just another warm body.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Nothing has really happened since my vote on xtoxm to change my opinion of him; if anything, post 514 strengthens my happiness with his lynch.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Twomz is scum, why aren't people voting him? >_<
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Twomz »

Because other people in the game are smart ;). (Yes, personal attacks are frivolous, but I can't pass up an opportunity like this)

But really Blackberry, neither you nor xtoxm has provided any real evidence against me while almost every action both of you has made can be seen as evidence for scummy behavior. If y'all actually made cases and attacked me with relevant data I wouldn't argue... sure, I'd defend myself, but I wouldn't attack you for attacking me, or harass you for it. Just saying OMG OMG <Player A> is scummy because he voted for me, he called me a name, he doesn't agree with me, and/or I have a "gut" feeling isn't good protown playing... hell, it isn't even good SCUM playing, it's BAD playing.

Now, onto actually important issues (I believe)
Gorrad wrote: 3) Since he hasn't claimed, George probably has the same ability as Mars, and will be able to find him without having to claim
I didn't think of this. It's a good point and a very valid reason for why George wouldn't claim.

What do you think Iammars?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”