Designer Mafia 2007 - Game Over, Final Scene Posted!

Did you enjoy the final scene?

Yes, I love it!
67%
No, this is boring...
22%
Comical stupidity option
11%

Total votes: 9

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:57 am

Post by JDodge »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]I designed the Grim role carried by nocmen. The one who kills the Grim is forced to say OH THE HORROR! each time he posts.[/quote]

jediknight said he designed the meeping role. Who's lying here? jediknight. Oh, look! How great.

[quote="jediknight"]As for the meeping in the role i suggested. I'm not sure how much I can say. It was a post restriction and there was a tie in to his name being said. There was also a night restriction related to his name being said. I don't want to say too much in case i'm saying too much! lol [/quote]

OH, THE HORROR!

[quote="mneme"]The argument that JDodge is as likely to be vig as scum is the one that's horrendous. No killer is-ever- as likely to be vig as scum, without an innocent cop investigation, at least. Moreover, even with JDodge's stated beliefs, vig-killing nocmen would have horrid play.[/quote]

This is bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit.

If you feel almost certain that someone is scum, and you are a
vig
, then who do you kill - the person you are certain about or someone random? Note that I am neither confirming nor denying being a vig - I am not a vig, but I did kill Nocmen. I am the Time Swapper - I have a one-shot vig kill (swapping things and people around in time), as well as a one-shot night ability to make night actions day actions and day actions night actions. Time will then return to normal as soon as I either PM the mod or die.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:18 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

fucking christ..I cant get my head around this game.

I dont know if I believe him or not.

Jdodge, so basically you have 2 one shot abilities?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:43 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Im so friggin confused. So 2 people have claimed to created 2 of Nocmen's role?

right ok. this is all very odd.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:51 am

Well, MoS said he mixed and matched parts of roles.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:02 am

Post by ZONEACE »

yeah, i guess. I also don't think we should rush to lynch Jdodge. He CLEARLY suspected noc. so umm, vigging him is a possibility. Also. Mneme you claim noc hinted at the horros, could you link, cause i dont feel like weeding through so many pages of shit to find it.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:11 am

I remember seeing Noc's "horror" post..think he posted 2 of them...it is closer to the end of a day (I assume he thought he was going to be killed)...what I dont like about Jdodge's claim is the fact it seems like it was put together to meet the accusations against him (1 shot kill)..ugh

however, you are right, he clearly stated he didnt like Noc...but what does that mean? mafia or an SK could clearly state they didnt like someone, so they could kill them and then have a reason to fall back on..

Jdodge, does your kill explain why there is two nocs found dead?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:27 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Jdodge, the role of Nocmen exists about two parts. The meeper part claimed by jedi, and the grim part claimed by me. So unless someone can confirm your role, you were just fucking busted.

Thank you.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:27 am

Post by stark »

Jdodge. I get your thing about the day/night reverse.

Is the moving people around in time just flavor, or does it mean that Nocmen will come back?
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:32 am

Post by jediknight »

I've always said that I made the meep portion of the role. And also was upfront with what the rest of the role was. Nocmen never confirmed if any of it was correct. Two roles mashed together sounds about right.

Here are my shirts. I don't remember a pink Star Trek uniform (and I would know as I'm a Sci-Fi freak)
Red
Teal- used nocmen
Black
Yellow-used Towmz
White
Pink
And I'm spent...
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:41 am

Post by JDodge »

stark wrote:Jdodge. I get your thing about the day/night reverse.

Is the moving people around in time just flavor, or does it mean that Nocmen will come back?
Just flavour.
Scopey wrote:So unless someone can confirm your role, you were just fucking busted.
You do realize my role is in and of itself confirmable?
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:42 am

Post by JDodge »

EBWOP: OH, THE HORROR!
stream

Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Twomz »

Well, one of the NPCs that was killed Night 0 was a time traveler... so I'm a little iffy about another time related role.

And the 1 shot vig claim is just way to convenient.

Even if you used your ability, all it would do would be give the mafia their night kill today instead of tonight and shorten the night phase considerably, since so far we have seen no real day abilities.

@ Jediknight: According to star trek lore, red shirts = death. But I don't know about pink...

I'll go ahead and
vote: JDodge
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by JDodge »

Twomz wrote:Well, one of the NPCs that was killed Night 0 was a time traveler... so I'm a little iffy about another time related role.

And the 1 shot vig claim is just way to convenient.

Even if you used your ability, all it would do would be give the mafia their night kill today instead of tonight and shorten the night phase considerably, since so far we have seen no real day abilities.

@ Jediknight: According to star trek lore, red shirts = death. But I don't know about pink...

I'll go ahead and
vote: JDodge
Remember that I can leave it that way so
all
night actions would become inherently provable, thus confirming a whole load of abilities?

OH, THE HORROR!
stream

stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by stark »

Hey Jdodge, did you explain why you killed Nocmen?
Belgarion
Belgarion
Townie
Belgarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Belgarion »

on the flip side of that, does that mean that votes become night actions?
Belgarion
Belgarion
Townie
Belgarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Belgarion »

stark wrote:Hey Jdodge, did you explain why you killed Nocmen?
Because he is either scum or he thought Noc was, I for one agreed with him about Noc.

but Jdodge's claim today sounds (for the lack of a better word) lame. Jdodge, why havent you used your ability before now? At this point, I think an ability like that would go a long way to help find scum. You basically take away the scum's ability to kill people in the dark of the night. I think you should use it.

B-
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:06 pm

Belgarion wrote:
Because he is either scum or he thought Noc was, I for one agreed with him about Noc.

but Jdodge's claim today sounds (for the lack of a better word) lame. Jdodge, why havent you used your ability before now? At this point, I think an ability like that would go a long way to help find scum. You basically take away the scum's ability to kill people in the dark of the night. I think you should use it.

B-
Of course, that means that the remaining mafia can coordinate their votes and and still do the same thing, right?

unvote Jdodge
, I want to hear more conversation about his role first.

also, the people that Shanba make "dead" do they get a vote or not? IF Shanba dies, do the come back?

I would like to see you use this ability.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Oh look, mail.

JDodge, using a one-shot vig kill this early is
still
terrible vig play. The one time I was a one-shot vig, I held it until Day 7.
mneme wrote:The argument that JDodge is as likely to be vig as scum is the one that's horrendous. No killer is-ever- as likely to be vig as scum, without an innocent cop investigation, at least.
QFT. If we have two scum groups of three each -- numbers produced
ex recta[/], but reasonable for a game this size -- and a vig, it's six to one that a known killer is one of the scum rather than the vig. Three to one if there are two vigs.

I think it unlikely that anyone would submit a role that was a double-one-shot vig/Time Traveler smoosh, since they aren't logically connected and Time Traveler is an unusual enough role idea that it stands as a submission on its own. I further doubt that two people subbmitted the halves and MOS smooshed them, because one-shot vig is
not
special enough to be submitted on is own.

Twomz, the time traveler in the NPCs may be where JDodge got the idea for his claim, but those were all real roles from the last designer game.

Thyroid's reaction to the outing of JDodge is just all kinds of wrong. I submit for your perusal:
Thyroidectomy wrote:Jdodge is likely to be a vig. I cannot conceive scum Jdodge killing Nocmen.
Kscope is likely to be another power role.
I don't think Kscope would have claimed that if he was scum (he tends to be a rather safe scum player.) By Kscope outing himself, he's put two nightkill targets on two possible power roles when it was entirely unecessary, and made it possible for Jdodge to be lynched. (hint: he shouldn't.)
Scope claimed knowledge of Nocmen's killer not from information gleaned in game. He claimed knowledge of the poison pill part of Nocmen's role because
he designed it
. The only person here attaching targets to people's backs is Thyroid.

Thyroid also suggested that any non-JDodge vigs should target him tonight because they know he's lying. BZZZZT. WRONG. Any vigs we have have no assurance that they're the only vig in the game.

Schism, known scum, tried to direct cops to Thyroid. This was doubtless in part due to wanting to sniff out who the cops were, but it may suggest that Thyroid is a GF as well (scum due to the above, turns up innocent because Schism wanted him checked) or he may be of another family. At any rate, it's another link between Thyroid and known scum.

My absentee ballot checks off
vote: JDodge, FOS: Thyroid
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by JDodge »

Belgarion wrote:

B-
Because I wanted to save it for a time when I might need to independently confirm my role, as well as confirming as many people as possible without the need for massclaim. But yes, I'll use it tonight.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by JDodge »

EBWOP: OH, THE HORROR!
stream

Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

the silent speaker wrote: Thyroid's reaction to the outing of JDodge is just all kinds of wrong. I submit for your perusal:
Thyroidectomy wrote:Jdodge is likely to be a vig. I cannot conceive scum Jdodge killing Nocmen.
Kscope is likely to be another power role.
I don't think Kscope would have claimed that if he was scum (he tends to be a rather safe scum player.) By Kscope outing himself, he's put two nightkill targets on two possible power roles when it was entirely unecessary, and made it possible for Jdodge to be lynched. (hint: he shouldn't.)
Scope claimed knowledge of Nocmen's killer not from information gleaned in game. He claimed knowledge of the poison pill part of Nocmen's role because
he designed it
. The only person here attaching targets to people's backs is Thyroid.
This is entirely inconsistent with my previous unwillingness to talk of this and therefore indicates you read this post in isolation.
Thyroid also suggested that any non-JDodge vigs should target him tonight because they know he's lying. BZZZZT. WRONG. Any vigs we have have no assurance that they're the only vig in the game.
We have three courses of action with Jdodge:
1. Lynch Jdodge. This is because we believe him to be scum.
2. Vig Jdodge. If there isn't another vig out there, Jdodge won't die, and it increases the likelihood that Jdodge is the vig.
3. Allow Jdodge to live.

I don't like the third option because I don't want a bad vig alive, and I don't like the first option because I don't think Jdodge is scum.

So I am not "BZZZT WRONG." How very eloquent anyway!
Schism, known scum, tried to direct cops to Thyroid. This was doubtless in part due to wanting to sniff out who the cops were, but it may suggest that Thyroid is a GF as well (scum due to the above, turns up innocent because Schism wanted him checked) or he may be of another family

I was on the lynch wagon for schis and was the first on the wagon. Do you honestly believe he was in any position to direct cops to me?
At any rate, it's another link between Thyroid and known scum.
Ah, good old fashion word tricks. This implies there are other links to known scum, when there aren't even anymore known scum! Tricky, tss, but not good enough.

FoS: TSS
I have played and modded on other sites. Please notify me if there is an inexperience issue with my joining or modding games.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by stark »

Thyroid, don't you think we should atleast let JDodge do his thing tonight?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by stark »

Schism, known scum, tried to direct cops to Thyroid. This was doubtless in part due to wanting to sniff out who the cops were, but it may suggest that Thyroid is a GF as well (scum due to the above, turns up innocent because Schism wanted him checked) or he may be of another family. At any rate, it's another link between Thyroid and known scum.
Sorry for double post. Maybe I missed this comrade. Where was that?
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:17 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

JDodge, role means nothing towards allignment

And happy birthday tss
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:58 am

Post by JDodge »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]JDodge, role means nothing towards allignment

And happy birthday tss[/quote]

But I can not only confirm my role, but we can confirm others' roles as well. That is the main thing. You're trying to take that tool away from the town. OH, THE HORROR!
stream

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”