Designer Mafia 2007 - Game Over, Final Scene Posted!

Did you enjoy the final scene?

Yes, I love it!
67%
No, this is boring...
22%
Comical stupidity option
11%

Total votes: 9

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:37 am

Post by JDodge »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Ren Faire was somehow related to Shanba being King. Of this I am certain. I'm waiting for Thyroid to show up for questioning
Ooooooh, that makes sense. OH, THE HORROR!
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:53 am

Post by mneme »

We have a lot more actively scummy people (I'm talking to you, Dodge and Zoneace) for it to be worth lynching Kscope -just- because he's a serial lurker. Moreover, his interaction with known scum, if Oman's claim is correct (ie, scitz) and living scummy people points toward him being town.

Twomz was dead town, is now living dead. Not necessarily town now. That said, Twomz, who'd you protect night 1? Anyone wanna claim zombie master (or whatever)? Or claim to have submitted a resurecting role?

Jedi: defended (claimed) a pro-town role he created. Town.

King Shanba: could be the result of renfairness. Might not be. Not going to assume this one, particularly since it didn't meet the stated qual.

So:

Scum: JDodge, ZONEACE. Those who turn their scum-hunting powers to evil shall in their own turn be hunted.
FOS: ZONEACE
Vote: JDodge
(wasn't there someone else gung-ho against Nocmen?)

Town: Jedi, Probably Thyroid, kscope

IMO: Nocmen had some kind of investigatory role. Pro-town, post restriction usually = investigate. The blue shirt probably let him target someone else and dupe their power -- in this case, he duped the "fake someone's death in the morning post" power...in the night he himself died.

TSS is alive; he was the first player "killed" with Shamba's power, right?
Did I say too much?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:55 am

Post by ZONEACE »

mneme wrote: Scum: JDodge, ZONEACE. Those who turn their scum-hunting powers to evil shall in their own turn be hunted
What the fuck are you talking about? Are you even trying to hide the fact that you're scum?
Late twenties, early Thursdays
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:56 am

Post by JDodge »

Being wrong is a scumtell? OH, THE HORROR!
stream

ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:59 am

Post by ZONEACE »

mneme wrote:IMO: Nocmen had some kind of investigatory role. Pro-town, post restriction usually = investigate.
The blue shirt probably let him target someone else and dupe their power -- in this case, he duped the "fake someone's death in the morning post" power...in the night he himself died.
that's a bit of a stretch in logic dont you think? I mean really? Am i the only one that doens't come to that conclussion?
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:11 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

mneme wrote:King Shanba: could be the result of renfairness. Might not be. Not going to assume this one, particularly since it didn't meet the stated qual.
I'm not assuming either. I am waiting for Thyroid before saying more, however.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:12 am

Post by mneme »

Being obvwrong is a scumtell, yes. Copious amounts of WRONG are a scumtell. Witchhunting, going after people because of powers, rather than because of interaction, is a scumtell. (also, being JDodge or ZONEACE is a scumtell, but that's immaterial :) Neither you nor Zone have done any scumhunting at all this game; all you've done is try to start bandwagons on players for non-scummy actions; thus, you've both got a high probabity of being scum.

ZONE: it's an educated guess. Shamba did the same thing twice; once to TSS, once to himself. Last night, exactly the same thing happened to Nocmen. So clearly, there was a duplicating role going on, and with two factors (nocmen was targetted by jedi, nocmen presumably had his own powers), I don't see a reason to speculate about a third one. Of the two, it's much more likely that the "copy an ability as it was used" one was temp, not perm, given its wierdness, but that's the biggest stretch in the bunch.
Did I say too much?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:23 am

Post by JDodge »

mneme wrote:Being obvwrong is a scumtell, yes. Copious amounts of WRONG are a scumtell. Witchhunting, going after people because of powers, rather than because of interaction, is a scumtell. (also, being JDodge or ZONEACE is a scumtell, but that's immaterial :) Neither you nor Zone have done any scumhunting at all this game; all you've done is try to start bandwagons on players for non-scummy actions; thus, you've both got a high probabity of being scum.
I went after Nocmen for inconsistency of role.

I went after Twomz for being scummy in general and defending Nocmen for no reason.

I'm going after jediknight for various reasons.

You will notice I also thought you were scum for the same reason as Twomz. How much of a role did OMGUS play in this accusation? OH, THE HORROR!
stream

stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:24 am

Post by stark »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Thyroid: Hi

stark: Die

Vote: stark
How's that, man?

Also, could someone explain to me what the deal with kscope is? I re-read a bit and did not find anything especially interesting, although I definately could have missed something.

Also, I had a question for Oman from yesterday.

So if I qft you, Oman, and then a little while later, I qft you again, do you get two votes or just one?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Twomz »

I believe Thyroid did not get to a majority of tickets, therefore could not have used his ability to make Shanba king.

UA mentioned something about submitting a kingmaker that is a hero role. So there is probably actually a kingmaker in the game (assuming 1 shot or has to meet some sort of requirement to crown someone).
Mneme wrote: Twomz was dead town, is now living dead. Not necessarily town now. That said, Twomz, who'd you protect night 1? Anyone wanna claim zombie master (or whatever)? Or claim to have submitted a resurecting role?
I'm assuming it was the yellow shirt that jediknight gave me (said I was wearing it on death scene and resurrect scene, so must be significant). I am waiting on a reply from MoS on a small matter before I say who i protected.

@ Shanba: Do you know anything about this "Psychotic Player List" thing?

@ Everyone: Does anyone else think that the "pair" of pants SK could be a double SK? As in, kinda a 2 person scum group that each kills on a different night? Or two players that are controlled by the same player (this was my initial thought on Belgarion, but the posting and replacements make that seem unlikely, although evidence in the signup thread and his total sight posts makes him look suspicious).

@ JDodge: <generic terrifying statement>
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:38 am

Post by ZONEACE »

stark wrote: Also, could someone explain to me what the deal with kscope is? I re-read a bit and did not find anything especially interesting, although I definately could have missed something.
I went back and re read and his posts have been completely useless, but he's been making enough of them to stay under the radar. It just makes me think he needs to be lynched as its likely he's scum with such behavior. I mean, in the past when i've seen that sort of behavior its been a person that is scum. Especially as intentional as it is. Its not like someone accidentally staying under the radar, there's a definite intention to his posts.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:44 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Twomz wrote:UA mentioned something about submitting a kingmaker that is a hero role. So there is probably actually a kingmaker in the game (assuming 1 shot or has to meet some sort of requirement to crown someone).
No I didn't.

[quote="stark"[/quote]How's that, man?[/quote] In Mafia, you vote for people you believe to be scum.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:44 am

Post by stark »

Twomz wrote:
@ Everyone: Does anyone else think that the "pair" of pants SK could be a double SK? As in, kinda a 2 person scum group that each kills on a different night? Or two players that are controlled by the same player (this was my initial thought on Belgarion, but the posting and replacements make that seem unlikely, although evidence in the signup thread and his total sight posts makes him look suspicious).
Ehh, I'm thinking not. A pair of pants is generally one singular unit of pants, to my knowledge. Maybe he had some kind of ability that made other people perform the kills on his behalf (a la Legend of the Magic Red Shoes?)

ZONEACE wrote:
stark wrote: Also, could someone explain to me what the deal with kscope is? I re-read a bit and did not find anything especially interesting, although I definately could have missed something.
I went back and re read and his posts have been completely useless, but he's been making enough of them to stay under the radar. It just makes me think he needs to be lynched as its likely he's scum with such behavior. I mean, in the past when i've seen that sort of behavior its been a person that is scum. Especially as intentional as it is. Its not like someone accidentally staying under the radar, there's a definite intention to his posts.

Alright man, I see what you're saying. However, I think we should make sure we consider others before we lynch a player purely on the basis of non-activity.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Ren Faire was somehow related to Shanba being King
No.

Vote ZONEACE
, obviously. I'd be willing to consider shanba as well.
I have played and modded on other sites. Please notify me if there is an inexperience issue with my joining or modding games.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:46 am

Post by stark »

Ah, my apologies UA. "Why do you think I'm scum?" was the question I had in mind.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:46 am

Post by ZONEACE »

stark wrote:
Alright man, I see what you're saying. However, I think we should make sure we consider others before we lynch a player purely on the basis of non-activity.
it snot NON-activity, it's intentional limited activity.

and i already TRIED lynching people based on other reasons. it didn't take.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:47 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Unvote
Vote: Thyroid

LIAR!
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:48 am

Post by stark »

ZONEACE wrote:
stark wrote:
it snot NON-activity, it's intentional limited activity.

and i already TRIED lynching people based on other reasons. it didn't take.

Ok. Gangster. What do others think of kscope lynch?
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:50 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

stark wrote:Ah, my apologies UA. "Why do you think I'm scum?" was the question I had in mind.
All Day 1 and Day 2 you pretended to be helpful by continually asking questions that had already been answered. Sometimes the questin had been answered several times before. This caused a great deal of frustration to both the people involved and everyone reading. This is indicative of scum who aren't reading and are just trying to make enough posts to get by without looking like they're lurking
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:52 am

Post by stark »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
stark wrote:Ah, my apologies UA. "Why do you think I'm scum?" was the question I had in mind.
All Day 1 and Day 2 you pretended to be helpful by continually asking questions that had already been answered. Sometimes the questin had been answered several times before. This caused a great deal of frustration to both the people involved and everyone reading. This is indicative of scum who aren't reading and are just trying to make enough posts to get by without looking like they're lurking

I lurked through a large portion of the game, man, and missed alot of the discussion. And I apologize for asking all my questions, but forgive me for not wanting to re-read through 30 some pages.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Thyroid

LIAR!
That would make perfect sense if that made sense.

Why would I advertise tickets to the town to get an ability that does not harm the town, and then lie about it afterwards to someone who is hinting at a role ability?

The brains. Use them.
I have played and modded on other sites. Please notify me if there is an inexperience issue with my joining or modding games.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Fact: You said there's a pro-town thing that would happen if enough people bought Ren Faire Tickets

Fact: You claimed not enough people bought them

Fact: N1 you targeted Shanba

Fact: D2, Shanba, someone who bought a ticket, became King.
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by jediknight »

Okay...not alot of time...i'll respond quick.

I gave twomz a yellow shirt. And it appears to have brought him back.
I gave nocmen a teal shirt. Who knows what it did...if it killed him...sorry...but he was targeted twice to be sure anyway. Or at least the duplicate thing is weird.

I have six shirts total. I don't know what they do. I haven't handed out three of them. I might share colors if enough people would like me to.

I made a meeping role. I know exactly what it was supposed to do. It was investigate or vig someone that said your name during the day. The meeping was just for funny factor. Its unclear if that is what the role actually was. I stated already in thread that was what it was. I didn't forget anything.

Jdodge...you're making alot of untrue or just plain dumb statements and accusations. Thats all for now...
And I'm spent...
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

:roll:

multiple abilities. I did target shanba. I won't say whether it made him king right now.

But as I did not get a majority as I claimed it would, I am either a liar, and I have no reason to lie about this (as it is a protown ability), or you are wrong.
Belgarion
Belgarion
Townie
Belgarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Belgarion »

jediknight wrote:Okay...not alot of time...i'll respond quick.

I gave twomz a yellow shirt. And it appears to have brought him back.
I gave nocmen a teal shirt. Who knows what it did...if it killed him...sorry...but he was targeted twice to be sure anyway. Or at least the duplicate thing is weird.

I have six shirts total. I don't know what they do. I haven't handed out three of them. I might share colors if enough people would like me to.

I made a meeping role. I know exactly what it was supposed to do. It was investigate or vig someone that said your name during the day. The meeping was just for funny factor. Its unclear if that is what the role actually was. I stated already in thread that was what it was. I didn't forget anything.
Why didnt you tell us about the role yesterday? So far red/teal/yellow all sound Star Trek like. We all know what happens to the man in red shirt. I would like to know the other colors.
Thyroidectomy wrote::roll:

multiple abilities. I did target shanba. I won't say whether it made him king right now.

But as I did not get a majority as I claimed it would, I am either a liar, and I have no reason to lie about this (as it is a protown ability), or you are wrong.
why havent you answered all of the questions regarding you today? Can you still sale tickets? Why did you say that the Fair (and I assume your role) had nothing to do with Shanba becoming King, then when UA called you out, you said you would not comment at this time if targetting Shanba made him kill? Why wont you comment?

UA, if you think he made the King, is the typically a scum role (new to me)

Twomz, do you have any questions for me specificly or do you just speculate? Also, any comments on your "living dead" state?

B-

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”