Mini #556 - The Most Excellent People Ever - Called.

RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

vote: lovo14

Because two votes on one person is at least as good as one vote one two people.
That and I didn't have anything better to do.
Also, because I can.
So there.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:53 pm

unvote: love14

vote: UltimaAvalon

If he finds himself suspicious, who am I to argue.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:35 am

Page two, with five votes on someone. This might be some sort of record. I like it.

unvote

Vote: Korlash
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:42 pm

Generally, I hate game play on day 1. It accomplishes very little save for random discussions of nonsensical crap. I'm happy to be involved in any attempt to change day 1 into something that doesn't last for 20 pages and is instead over in less that than 10. I honestly would be happy with any plan that involves trying a new way to play day one. Maybe a quick lynch would be worse for the town in the long run, but there's also a possibility that it will give us just as much information with the huge amount of hassle that day 1 generally tends to involve.

Panzerjager's last post incorporates an idea that I really hate. Why on earth should townies not try to have a plan? Pro-town players should always be looking for new ways to find scum, and simply talking randomly and hoping that scum will reveal themselves to you seems truly naive. Especially when you assume that anyone who is actually trying to improve the town's chance of winning must be scum. Jester's ideas may be far off of anything correct, but that doesn't mean he's scum just for having some.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:55 pm

You can vote for me if you would like. It sure as hell is a lot more logical than your last vote, but I stand by my action. I don't think vast amounts of discussion on day one accomplish anything.

I just did a brief analysis of past mini games. According to my random sampling of thirty past games, 76.67% of those lynched on day one are pro-town.* Assuming and average of three scum in a 12 player game, this is no better than picking a random person day one and lynching them. The only thing it is possible to gain from day one is a huge amount of random conversation about nothing. In this huge amount of random discussion, it's likely that someone will say something stupid, and will thus be lynched. This stupid comment will not indicate that he is scum. It's more likely to indicate that he's sick and tired of how completely pointless everything that's been going on has been. Alternatively, someone will become tired of reading pages and pages of completely useless posting, stop reading the thread, and be lynched for lurking. This doesn't seem productive to me. To me, it seems boring.

*My analysis was conducted fairly quickly at 2:00 in the morning. It wasn't very thorough, and didn't differentiate between games that started in night and those that started in day, something which should be taken into account. I will consider extending this research when it is not the middle of the night.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:48 am

I'm back. I'm sorry I've been neglecting this game, but I've been busy and stuff. I don't have much to add at the moment, but I'll try to put something useful either later tonight or tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”