Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:42 am

Post by Fuldu »

I've looked back over the thread, and I can't find anyone who has claimed other than Banana Bob and Otaku376. Is that right? We know we have a Reporter still out there, a Doctor, and probably a roleblocker of some sort. With a Gangster Hitman, it seems reasonable to think that there would be three other Gangsters (or two left).

So, that puts us at:
Peeping Tom
Cop
Reporter
Doctor
roleblocker
Gangster
Gangster (Godfather?)
???
???
???
???

Anyone have thoughts on other roles that we can deduce are probably out there?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:42 am

Post by Otaku376 »

Cubsfan4life was a "Searching Townie" I assume there's someone who was his intended target. I also assume that there are some standard townies, perhaps with abilities due to the inventor. There is also reason to believe that someone (quite possibly a gangster) that had that red bull quick lynch ability.
As far as my results, I got another innocent. I am not sure if it's the best idea to reveal now or to wait.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:03 am

Post by Fuldu »

No, I just wanted to make sure you hadn't gotten a guilty before we went too far into discussion. No need to reveal an innocent at this time.
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:55 am

Post by Jolle »

I talked to Yomipithe and asked him if he wanted to play. of if it was fine if I took over. He said I could take over again if I wanted, so I'm back :).
Fuldu wrote: Anyone have thoughts on other roles that we can deduce are probably out there?
Maybe a Mason group, altough in that case they've had a lot of luck since they're all still alive. A bulletproof vest is another possible open role. I recall Yoko saying sometime that this game had a few new roles. While some new roles are revealed already, but there could be one of them still alive. Or there could be more of the standard type roles, like more Cops (probably insane/naive/paranoid).
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:18 am

Post by Fuldu »

I didn't mean speculation, Jolle. I meant roles we can be reasonably sure actually do exist. I can create an argument as to why each of the roles I mentioned is likely to exist in this game, and although it's certainly possible that Cubsfan4life was looking for, say, the Psychic, I think Otaku makes a good point that there's probably a potential (though not any more) mason townie out there.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:37 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Otaku376 wrote:There is also reason to believe that someone (quite possibly a gangster) that had that red bull quick lynch ability.
I might actually have an idea who was responsible for that, if anyone is interested :wink:
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:39 am

Oh and that's emphasis on the word
might
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:59 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

well at this point, you've tipped the mafia (who invariably have more information about this than the town) so you might as well spill it.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:37 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

I got an innocent for my result as well, so I wont reveal it.

As for who is suspicious right now, I really have no idea atm.

Mr Gnome, if it's possible would you mind telling us how you worked it out without revealing who (I know that's pretty silly, but I just want to know his way of thinking so I can see if I agree or not).
If you can't then don't bother.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:06 am

Post by massive »

OK. There's 11 of us left. If Otaku and BB have multiple innocents, it should be WAY more than enough to carry us through the next few days, as well as giving us a condensed list to lynch from. I actually believe coming out with the innocents is an OK plan at this time, and if we decide to go with it, I believe Banana Bob should list his innocent results first.

We can then start paring through the unclaimed and unconfirmed.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:12 am

Post by Thoth »

I agree on that with massive. When we have enough innocents it's better to reveal them. Especially as there is a large chance of redundant investigations otherwise.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:21 am

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Hmmmmm. Probably a good idea, as we're down to not many people and after 5 nights worth of investigations we're bound to be able to eliminate quite a few. I definitely want to hear what most people think on that before we do something as radical as that.

And... I'm interested, MGIA!
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:18 am

Post by Herbert West »

(Apologies if this post looks weird, I'm having to post from a text browser and it looks really odd).

I haven't really got much to add. Except that (and this probably goes without saying) that if we're about to have a list of innocents, I'd rather they didn't have roles attached. Normally I'd be against anything like that, but at this stage, I don't think we've got a lot to lose. However, if we're going to have this list, I'd like to see Otaku's before Bananabob's.
Remember kids, animals are a tasty alternative to tofu.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:04 am

Post by massive »

Herbert West: Any reason you'd like to have Otaku's first? I'd be interested to hear why.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:16 am

OK, I'm Monica the Caterer, each night I can check to see what kind of food a person likes to eat, and that'a supposed to give me a clue as to what that person does.

Last night I investigated someone and it came back that he likes mixed drinks. And I thought that maybe he was responsible for the Red Bulls.

All four of my other investigations are dead already:

Internet Stranger - Spaghetti and Pie
JDTAY - TBone Steaks and Mashed Potatoes
Indentured Djinn - Popcorn
Fishbulb - Steak
Also on night four I recieved many complaints that I'd been sending out the wrong food and would step up my efforts.
Night 5 target - Mixed Drinks

Now before I actually reveal who it was and possibly out another innocent I'd like to hear everyone's opinion as to whether or not they think it would really be an anti-town role. Because, I'd like to keep as many unclaimed innocents from revealing as possible.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:49 am

Post by Fuldu »

I'm inclined to believe that the Red Bull and the mixed drinks are unrelated, if only because Red Bull is a non-alcoholic drink. I would say that mixed drinks=scum, except that we already have spaghetti=scum (which makes sense) and popcorn=scum (which doesn't).
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:00 am

the popcorn=scum part is probably related to the message I got night four about having been sending out the wrong food.
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:59 am

Post by Jolle »

Fuldu wrote:I'm inclined to believe that the Red Bull and the mixed drinks are unrelated, if only because Red Bull is a non-alcoholic drink.
While Red-Bull may not be alcoholic itself, it
is
used to mix with alcoholic drinks.
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:20 pm

Post by Morpheus »

We have enough innocents. You should definatly come out with them. It will shi=rink our suspect list.
Yeah..
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:15 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

I got massive innocent.

I'm thinking, maybe M_G_I_A's result is that whoever eats junk food of some sort is guilty. Eg IS ate spagetti which is good, but pie which is crap, ID ate popcorn which is crap, so I think the person having the mixed drinks is guilty since mixed drinks is crap to an extent.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:28 pm

Post by Thoth »

It's certainly a possibility. We have 2 steak results who were both innocent and 2 non-steak results, both of which were scum.
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:17 pm

Post by Herbert West »

Herbert West: Any reason you'd like to have Otaku's first? I'd be interested to hear why.
Because I'm still not
entirely
convinced by Otaku's role claim, and I'd like to see how his list ties up with Bananabob's. Obviously any discrepancies would indicate that one of them is lying.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:17 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

Well herbet, a person that claims cop but gives the wrong result isn't necessarily scum, and is not likely scum. The most obvious reason for that is sanity but theres also another reason which I will not say yet because it might give scum ideas...
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:20 am

Post by Herbert West »

True, and I'm aware that there are a couple of other possibilities too, but it all just seemed a little
too
convenient (although not outside the realms of possibility)

OK, so I oversimplified it a little to suggest that an immediate discrepancy would equal lying, would equal scum, but it seems the most likely explanation to me. I suspect that each of us has thought much the same thing (dependant on who we consider to be least likely to be scum) and has their own opinion on which order information should be released -

By this point (and given the number of townie deaths) I would have thought that an insane cop would have had at least one dead false positive - and would thus know that his sanity was in doubt.

Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:00 am

Post by Herbert West »

That said (and sorrt once again for the double post) - if he is scum, then he knows who else is, and isn't likely to incriminate himself by something as stupid as to claim innocent for guilty characters, especially only five nights in, with several (presumably) innocent players remaining.

So scratch the idea of worrying about inconsistencies. Dammit.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”