Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Gorrad »

Twomz, while I apreciate the support, I don't really believe your earlier post was a trap, I see it more as scum fishing with the breadcrumb there as a failsafe. Also, you're fishing for my claim now, when I really see no reason to do so. If anyone else sees a significant need for my full claim, I'll do so, but any more would put me at risk. If I claim my effecting weather, I'd be killed right before that weather came up. If I claim my role, I can't say why without a full claim, but it would be seriously detrimental to the town.

Current Scumlist (for those keeping score):
Xtoxm
Blackberry
Twomz

I haven't seen any other people that stand out as particularly scummy. Count everyone else as minor tells, null tells, or protown.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Porochaz »

Oh apologies, but my stance remains the same, her stance: neither good or bad idea, you say she fell for it but really she said she was neutral,
she could have asked questions if she wasnt sure
she did. Your last two sentences make me very uneasy about you, despite the double negatives that make it very confusing, no matter what alignment she is, she may not know the answers to the questions...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Bookitty »

farside22 wrote:
@BooKitty:
Were you trying to set a trap of your own against Twomz? Did you think with asking your question how it bennfited the town that you didn't think about it as a negative instead of a possitive? If you thought Twomz was asking a question that had no bennifts why did you not FOS him?
No, I wasn't trapping Twomz. I was asking him what he thought the benefits to town were. I didn't see any, and I stated that at the time. If something doesn't benefit town, I don't see why someone would suggest it, but I wanted to know why he suggested it. Assuming I know the answer before I ask the question doesn't gain ANYTHING for town.

And what good would FOSing him have done? Do you think that would be more likely to elicit an honest response from town OR scum? What good is an FOS in getting information?

You did not answer my question, Farside. If someone had claimed their weather effect without commenting on Twomz's suggestion otherwise, would you have voted them?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Xtoxm »

@ Xtoxm: Do you really not get how that was a trap?
No...I see what hads meant when he explained to me like that though...But i'm not convinced by your so called trap.

Also, I think Gorrad sounds pretty sincere there, so i'm gonna
unvote
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Bookitty wrote: No, I wasn't trapping Twomz. I was asking him what he thought the benefits to town were. I didn't see any, and I stated that at the time. If something doesn't benefit town, I don't see why someone would suggest it, but I wanted to know why he suggested it. Assuming I know the answer before I ask the question doesn't gain ANYTHING for town.

Asking some questions and certain question benifit scum more then town.
And what good would FOSing him have done? Do you think that would be more likely to elicit an honest response from town OR scum? What good is an FOS in getting information?
It may not have elcit a response, it may have who's to say, but I didn't think you had any suspicioun on him when you asked.
You did not answer my question, Farside. If someone had claimed their weather effect without commenting on Twomz's suggestion otherwise, would you have voted them?
Gorrad did claim weather effecting him. I unvoted him because I believe him. Now whether his claim in scum or town I don't know that, but I'm satisfied with what he stated to unvote him.

Why would you think claiming would bennifit the town? If you didn't see bennifits to it why would you not object to the claim?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Bookitty »

Why are you dodging this question?

If someone had claimed their specific weather effect IN RESPONSE TO TWOMZ's SUGGESTION without commenting on Twomz's suggestion otherwise, would you have voted them?

And when have I ever said that claiming would benefit the town? Why are you misrepresenting what I said so badly?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Gorrad »

Your quote tags PHAIL.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:11 am

Post by farside22 »

Bookitty wrote:Why are you dodging this question?

If someone had claimed their specific weather effect IN RESPONSE TO TWOMZ's SUGGESTION without commenting on Twomz's suggestion otherwise, would you have voted them?

And when have I ever said that claiming would benefit the town? Why are you misrepresenting what I said so badly?
I thought Gorrod did claim the weather effected him. If your asking about if they claimed what weather effected them I would give them an FOS for doing so because someone willing to give that information without a need is suspicious.
I didn't say you did say it benefitted the town I asked why you would think it could. There was two questions. Maybe I should of asked How instead of why for the first question.
Why would you think claiming would bennifit the town? If you didn't see bennifits to it why would you not object to the claim?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Gorrad wrote:Your quote tags PHAIL.
I'm still working on it and failing. :oops:
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Bookitty »

farside22 wrote:I didn't say you did say it benefitted the town I asked why you would think it could. There was two questions. Maybe I should of asked How instead of why for the first question.
Okay. I didn't see a benefit to it, as I stated at the time. I didn't rule out that Twomz was going to argue for some weird "doc-protect-cycle" thing. People come out with weirder things. (Blackberry's tracker claim, for one.)

But I wanted Twomz to answer, because I wanted to know if he HAD an answer. It seemed like a weird thing to come out with, and I wanted to phrase my question in as nonthreatening a manner as possible in order to get that answer. Since he's apparently claiming it was a scum-hunting gambit (albeit an extremely risky one, since it could easily have resulted in someone claiming their weather effect), that's the same as not having an answer. He didn't think it was beneficial to town... which is what I wanted to know.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay I can concede to that, but IGMEOY. :wink:

unvote:

Really I didn't see any bennifit to the claim. It was a bad ploy.
Can I ask you a weird question BooKitty? I noticed when you asked BB questions he kept putting the LOL with his answer to you, did that seem odd to you? I ask because if someone were to do that in RL I would be thinking it was a nervous tell, but game wise it is a weird thing for someone to do.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Porochaz »

From AIM I would say that the LOL behavour is not unusual for him
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Bookitty »

farside22 wrote:Can I ask you a weird question BooKitty? I noticed when you asked BB questions he kept putting the LOL with his answer to you, did that seem odd to you? I ask because if someone were to do that in RL I would be thinking it was a nervous tell, but game wise it is a weird thing for someone to do.
I have never played in a game with Blackberry before. I know when Battle Mage does that, it's a scumtell. I wouldn't venture a guess about Blackberry.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by armlx »

Reading, nothing really from the bickering atm, but these past 2 pages will prolly be relevant in 2-3 days.

I really don't like Twomz's last post. It's contradictory, inciting, and trying to look productive all at the same time, which is scummy in 3 ways.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by Twomz »

armlx wrote: I really don't like Twomz's last post. It's contradictory, inciting, and trying to look productive all at the same time, which is scummy in 3 ways.
I only agree with the third point, because I have been trying to be productive this whole time, and it is still just a hollow shell of an attempt QQ... what parts of the post are contradictory? Inciting? Also, isn't inciting people to vote or think one of the more productive things you can do with your time in a mafia game?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:21 am

Post by armlx »

Twomz: You simply FOS the obvious people without really progressive reasoning. Thats very inciting. You then go down and say you don't see why one of the people you FOS'ed is scummy.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:29 am

Post by Twomz »

"Progressive reasoning"? I don't even know what you are getting at with that. I have shown MY reasoning, and agreed or disagreed with others reasoning. What else do you want from my reason, desegregation?

Inciting? As in "Inciting the crowd to violence"? I don't really get what you are trying to say with that. I was one of the first people to jump on BB and xtoxm today, and even if you say they were "obvious" it doesn't matter because I think they are both scummy and most likely scum.

I fosed Gorrad because of the whole hammer thing. That isn't enough of a reason for him to be the main suspect in my eyes though, so I did a reread on him, and found little else, so I said so. If almost half the town thinks someone is scummy it is worth looking in on, even if only to look at the cases people on the wagon are bringing up. Being suspicious of someone does not necessarily mean thinking that they are scummy, only acting suspiciously. The hammering was suspicious, and I found little else that would push him from suspicious to scummy imo, yet, he is the vote leader. To me that screams... scum on wagon, or at the very least uncaring townies who just want to jump on someone for a single reason and not look for other reasons beyond a weak first one.

The four suspects right now are
Gorrad - for shaky reasons at best, mainly for hammer. Some could say the weak ass role claim would be a reason to stay on, but no one has voted him after the claim so it wasn't a reason to vote him.

Twomz - I am on all the other 3 suspects lists, and am being put under suspicion for the jester and trap things. There could be other reasons, but if there are I don't remember them, besides, my opinion in this area isn't important.

BlueBerry - Faked claimed day 1 which lead to the quicklynch of a townsperson based on a gut feeling. Role claim that would benefit scum if it was true or false (narrow the target area of townies or allow a scum to live).

Xtoxm - Basically just followed what BB said and tried to deflect his wagon. Also, is one of the only two people so far in the game where all they had is a role name (the other is BB). If you read his posts literally, then there are several times when he basically says he is scum..
Xtoxm wrote:
Twomz wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
I can't bring myself to believe it. But at the same time, if Blackberry ends up scum, my vote is going for xtoxm next.
Or maybe
we're
pulling a WIFOM on you :lol:
You do know that that makes me WAY more suspicious of you right?
Yup :wink:
[quoteThe WIFOM thing was a joke btw, cos of what cyberbob said.
Not some tactic to tryt and make you think i'm town
because i'm scum.
[/quote]

Decided that I was the most scummy player for bringing up Jester AFTER I decided that BB wasn't a jester and revoted him. Almost as if he wanted me bringing it up to stay in the spotlight, but people didn't stick to it enough so he had to bring it up again.

I would willingly vote for BB or xtoxm right now. Gorrad, I don't really think is scum, but I find it suspicious that he doesn't want to actually roleclaim (something I attribute to scum not knowing what to fakeclaim).

So I would order the four top suspects: BB, Xtoxm, Gorrad, Twomz (from most scummy to least scummy). Can we have a mass opinion on this?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Twomz, Gorrad, BB.

No point putting myself in there is there. Seeing as I know my role an all.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Oh, and Twomz, for the part you bolded and underlined...You fail to see the "Not" at the start of the sentence?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:06 am

Post by Gorrad »

Twomz, you forgot to mention blatant and repeated rolefishing on the list of reasons you're scummy. There's very bad consequences if I claim.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:42 am

Post by farside22 »

I decided to go back and see who voted against Niv, because I felt certain at least one person on this train wreck is scum.
Day EndVote Count:
Niv 8 (Niv, Blackberry, armlx, Twomz, Iammars, ChaosOmega, Xtoxm, Gorrad)

Niv: Lynched and turned out town
Blackberry: Claimed to know that Niv targeted MBF. Now claiming he is the only vanialla townie. No one disputed. Interesting claim, could have been risky without knowing for sure if there were any vanialla townies. - leaning town
Twomz: In on lynch when I asked about why someone would claim early. Clearly believe BB was a tracker by his statement. Votes BB for lying. Thinks that Glork would tell mafia there was no vanialla roles (I think that would be an unfair advantage and would hope the Mod would do no such thing). Except for the ploy to trap scum and the willingness to vote one person one day and other another day. Mostly feels BB or Xtoxm is scum or both. - leaning neutral but questionable.

armix: Answers why someone would claim. Mostly short sentences. Votes BB and comments that the vig should have gone after BB. Unvotes BB pretty easily and comments about xtoxm acting too scummie. Does a brief analysis of gorrod and xtoxm. (I didn't get much from it). Ask Monkey about his vote change if guilty on two people, then changes his vote on xtoxm based on cop results and weather. (must look at weather for those 2 days to see what he means). Doesn't feel either has contributed to the game. Feels BB may be telling the truth, but distrust him. Makes some good points about Iammars. (found I agreed with him). - neutral

Iammars: Talks about how talking about the doctor's death is a scum tell, which he is not a big fan of to saying that it is a scum tell. FOS's Monkey saying it is more of a scum tell. Voted Niv saying very nice to BB. After it was stated that BB lied he believed BB pretty easily. He talks about how it was possible for BB to be telling the truth about his role. Other then that no comments. - Playing very low key leaning questionable to scum.

ChaosOmega: Random vote. Changes vote to Niv after BB claim, but wants to hear what Niv had to say. Vote's Gorrad for hammering before Niv could claim. Talks in depth about Monkey claim and the two he got guilty reads on. Pointed out what the real inspector hound role was from Wiki page. His last post about Gorrad had some good merit talking about how Gorrad changed his vote to someone getting more pressure. - Leaning town

Xtoxm - Questioned BB about his comment on Niv. Comment after Niv is found to be town was questionable. If Niv was town with no targeting how could he claim he targeted anyone? Believes BB pretty easily. Defends BB a lot. Seems over protective. Answered question directed at BB. Keeps interjecting when BB is under pressure, but doesn't really defend himself. Votes Gorrad without much of a reason. Doesn't believe twomz was trying to set trap. - I have a gut feeling on xtoxm that tells me he isn't scum. Most of his interaction with BB is like someone trying to protect another, but it obvious. I just don't see scum being obvious.
Gorrad - didn't make any comments about the Niv wagon except to hammer vote. Votes for BB saying he doesn't believe vanilla roles would be in a theme game. (hmm why not?) Questions BB actions pretty agressively. Comments about jester okay to lynch (bad). Defends his actions by saying he just didn't think BB was that big of an idiot. Seems to start to focus on Xtoxm after a bit. Another comment about the jester saying they detract from the game so you might as well give them the win. (Question: if jester wins doesn't everyone lose except jester?) Goes back strongly against BB again. Talks about the fact that his role works during certain weather. Critizise's BB one last time then votes for xtoxm. Thinks twomz was scum fishing. - Although mostly leaning scum the role claim comment has me believing him in that respect. It is possible for scum to be effect by the weather.

After all this I question Gorrad, Iammars, and Twomz the most based on my read of the players on the Niv train. I'm not sure about the weather claim in so far as that mafia could have been given such a role. However Iammars has been quiet and I think he needs to say more then he has thus far.

vote: Iammars
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Blackberry »

Just so yall know -- I say "LOL" all the time (such as Porochaz said). It doesn't mean I'm actually laughing though... I just have a habit of saying it ... (such as right now I was tempted to put "LOL" in because I found it slightly funny that I have a habit of saying it).

ANYWAYS... I think Twomz is scum.

UNVOTE, VOTE: TWOMZ
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Glork »

Prodding Mars, who hasn't posted in ~5 days. He has 24 hours to post or he will be replaced.
-Glork
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Iammars »

Blackberry wrote:I'm fairly confident Cold-Weather Townie is a Bullet-Proof Townie (during Cold Weather) -- So would that be considered a POWER ROLE or not?
Needless speculation. We have no clue what a Cold-Weather Townie is unless something similar like a Hot-Weather Townie shows up and claims.

However, Blackberry isn't setting off any alrams for me. He seems normal, but I don't question anyone on his wagon, only ask people to try to take their votes off of him.

Bookitty: I see nothing wrong with
berry
's responses involving voting me. I feel pretty much the same way about him.

Twomz: Before you continue to push
berry
for doing these things, I ask that you look back at some of his history for what he does and then come back.

Meanwhile,

Curious George, please claim.

That is all.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Xtoxm »

You submarine for a week and turn up within 15 minutes of being prodded...hmm..

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”