Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I have no objections to this, Twomz, but I don't really see what it gains us either.

What information do you think we could derive as town by knowing what type of weather affects each of us?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Gorrad »

The scum could know when to pick us off (ie right before our specified weather), so I'm against it.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

farside22 wrote:I saw CyberBob and Armix state that they believed BB, but not really why they believe BB. I would like to hear more from CyberBob on this because armix has been a bit more vocal in his comments.
I don't have much to add beyond my original reasons:
I believe Blackberry's claim. As has been said, a one-townie theme game is certainly plausible, and I think Monkey is either not fully sane or has been affected by the weather (every other role which has been uncovered would appear to be, so I don't think this is too much of a leap).
The outright stupidity of his play does concern me (surely there can't be many people
that
stupid), but I've read worse. As for the possibility of him being scum trying to oust townies... eh. I don't think that's very plausible. Definitely possible, but not very plausible.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:05 am

Post by Xtoxm »

ChaosOmega wrote:And as a side note:
Xtoxm wrote:I'd kill night 0 if I was a vig.
I cringed a bit reading that.
Why?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:48 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Twomz wrote: 3) All: The game is starting to drag on a bit. Rather than let it grind to a halt (gorrad's claim was just that he has a role that is affected by weather... big surprise) maybe we should start some sort of claiming? A weather claim (what type affects you) might be interesting, being as it is the main mechanic of the game. Personally, i don't think a mass claim would normally be good at this point, but maybe a partial...
Huge problem. I doubt everyone knows what kind of weather affects them. Monkey says that he doesn't know how weather affects him, for example, so a weather claim probably wouldn't work.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Twomz »

Gorrad wrote:The scum could know when to pick us off (ie right before our specified weather), so I'm against it.
Dammit Gorrad >.> I was trying to catch scum for that very reason. (capital letters in #3 spell "A TRAP").

Well, I guess bookitty kinda nibbled... but not enough to jump on :(. It was worth a try /sigh.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:47 am

Post by farside22 »

Twomz wrote:
Gorrad wrote:The scum could know when to pick us off (ie right before our specified weather), so I'm against it.
Dammit Gorrad >.> I was trying to catch scum for that very reason. (capital letters in #3 spell "A TRAP").

Well, I guess bookitty kinda nibbled... but not enough to jump on :(. It was worth a try /sigh.
There were pro's and con's to that plan. However it did bring someone into the light with her agreement so Twomz you get a smack on the nose for doing such a risky gambit, but BooKitty get the vote for falling for it.

Unvote: Vote: BooKitty
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Bookitty »

So I'm bad for saying I don't see what the advantage is to town, but not having an immediate objection to it. You said there were pros and cons to that plan; what were they, Farside? Can you explain that in detail?
farside22 wrote:
@Monkey:
What exactly is the role name? Is it inspector hound? You said the weather being what it is tonight. How does the weather effect you? Did you get guilty for both people?
How is your specific question to a claimed cop different in kind to Twomz' general suggestion?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Twomz wrote:

I fail to see how that's a trap. Care to explain?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:05 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Xtoxm wrote:
Twomz wrote:

are you in favor of a weather claim?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:06 am

Post by farside22 »

Bookitty wrote:So I'm bad for saying I don't see what the advantage is to town, but not having an immediate objection to it. You said there were pros and cons to that plan; what were they, Farside? Can you explain that in detail?
farside22 wrote:
@Monkey:
What exactly is the role name? Is it inspector hound? You said the weather being what it is tonight. How does the weather effect you? Did you get guilty for both people?
How is your specific question to a claimed cop different in kind to Twomz' general suggestion?
I asked Monkey the question in general to see if I believed him I didn't not ask for a mass claim. I wanted to see what he said.

As for your first question I think hasdgfas's answer should explain why there are con's.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Bookitty »

What are the pros, Farside? And I'd prefer you would answer for yourself, rather than just refer me to other people who responded.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Xtoxm »

hasdgfas wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Twomz wrote:

Is that supposed to answer my question?

I don't think claiming is a good idea this early. And it would give scum idea's of what our roles do.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:11 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Xtoxm wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Twomz wrote:

Is that supposed to answer my question?

I don't think claiming is a good idea this early. And it would give scum idea's of what our roles do.
exactly.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Porochaz »

farside22 wrote:
Twomz wrote:

There were pro's and con's to that plan. However it did bring someone into the light with her agreement so Twomz you get a smack on the nose for doing such a risky gambit, but BooKitty get the vote for falling for it.

Ok, I may be at the wrong end of the stick here, but didn't you just agree with Bookie's statement then turn round and vote her for it?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:46 am

Post by farside22 »

Porochaz wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Twomz wrote:

Ok, I may be at the wrong end of the stick here, but didn't you just agree with Bookie's statement then turn round and vote her for it?
I'm saying Twomz was wrong to bring it up. I was voting for BooKitty for falling for it. I think that was pretty clear.

@BooKitty:
Why did you agree that it was a good idea to claim?
The pro was that someone could fall for the gambit and take the bait to see if others say anything about it. It surprises me that you were willing to go for the claim. I always think you are smarter then that. Hence why i said it was a pro. Lots more con's then what hascow said, but unnecessary to bring up if you can't figure it out yourself.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Bookitty »

Farside, you said there were pros and cons to Twomz's plan. Nothing you've described so far is a positive result of following Twomz's plan.

I thought I was pretty noncommittal, and I questioned Twomz about what he thought would be gained for town by following his plan. Why, in your opinion, would someone who was town not immediately evince suspicion of Twomz regarding his plan, but would ask him for further details on what he thought would be gained, while not expressing any objection to it?

Just curious as to what your thought process is. And I still want to know what the possible positive effects of implementing Twomz's plan are, since you indicated you thought there were some.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Bookitty wrote:Farside, you said there were pros and cons to Twomz's plan. Nothing you've described so far is a positive result of following Twomz's plan.

I thought I was pretty noncommittal, and I questioned Twomz about what he thought would be gained for town by following his plan. Why, in your opinion, would someone who was town not immediately evince suspicion of Twomz regarding his plan, but would ask him for further details on what he thought would be gained, while not expressing any objection to it?

Just curious as to what your thought process is. And I still want to know what the possible positive effects of implementing Twomz's plan are, since you indicated you thought there were some.
Your quote not mine:
Bookitty wrote:I have no objections to this, Twomz, but I don't really see what it gains us either.?
You didn't object to it. Why did you not object with all your questions you are asking me? Seems odd that you didn't think about that before you posted this comment. Now you want to object it?
Like I said I agree with twomz that it could catch someone as a trap, but it was more risky to do so. A smack on the nose if you will. After BB last gambit I think these risk are getting high, however if someone feels strongly as you do and then seems fine with it at first. Yeah I find what you are stating more questionable.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, Farside, think about it like this.
If I objected then, in my very first post, and Twomz was serious about it, would we have gained any more information from him regarding it? Are you arguing you knew it was a gambit to start with? I certainly didn't. It was possible that Twomz was serious in his suggestion, and I wanted information from him regarding what he thought the benefits to town were. I stated I couldn't see any, in order to discourage people from just beginning to claim.

It didn't occur to me that he was trying to catch scum with this, but it wouldn't matter to me anyway, because I wanted his answer to my question. You didn't weigh in on the issue at all until after several responses were in and it was clear that Twomz wasn't seriously suggesting that.

So, to clarify, do you think there are pros and cons to Twomz's stated suggestion of saying what weather affects each of us? Or are you now saying that you meant there are pros and cons to Twomz's gambit? Because that isn't at all how your first comment sounded, at least to me. If someone had stated what their weather effects were, without commenting on the plan, would you have voted them?

And additionally, do you believe Monkey's cop claim now?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:46 am

Post by farside22 »

There were pro's and con's to the gambit that is what I meant. Initially I didn't not know Twomz was trying to set a trap untill he stated as much. Also a few things Twomz has said I'm leaning more town which is why I didn't not do an FOS, it's also why I let his comment stay for a bit before coming in and saying anything. I had a gut feeling that said let it be for now.
It's obvious if you read the first page some roles are effected by the weather if peole talk about it and say they were effect (such as Gorrad) did that may give clues to power roles.
I think Monkey is an insane cop based on his comments either that or he is unaware how or if the weather effects his judgement. I just find it hard to believe the 2 people in a row he targeted and received a guilty on both people.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Monkey »

Welcome to the game Bookitty

@ Blackberry, I don't know which route I would take in case I were scum, I'd guess the easy lynch just b/c it would be easy, but again not sure.

I apologize for being inactive for the past few days, I've been working double shifts and haven't made it to the computer.

[quote"Twomz"]A weather claim (what type affects you) might be interesting, being as it is the main mechanic of the game.
[/quote]

Well, that's already been answered on my part.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:36 am

Post by Porochaz »

I have aproblem with farside, it's pretty obvious that bookitty was non-commital in her statement and suggesting otherwise I think is wrong and twisting her words slightly... Farside I want to know what you think the pro's and cons are for the gambit?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Twomz »

TBH, I was thinking about ways to get the game moving along when partial claims came to me, then I realized that claiming weather effects would help the scum more than the town, so I decided to make a fake suggestion to see who would bite. Gorrad kinda ruined it, and Bookitty really didn't jump on it enough to warrant a vote imo, so the experiment was a failure /sigh.

@ Xtoxm: Do you really not get how that was a trap?

unvote, FOS: BB, Gorrad, xtoxm

Is there really any reason that Gorrad has so many votes and the two people with investigation results on them have dead bandwagons? The thought of voting for Gorrad to move the day along keeps bubbling up in my mind, but I really don't think it's a good idea to put him at -1 to lynch.

I have stated my cases against BB and xtoxm, so I really don't know what to do besides try to look at Gorrad now as well.

Gorrad
Day 1: Some sort of attack on Iammars because of pointing out that it looked like someone was breadcrumbing (capitalizing every first letter does look like that, so it's a moot point on Gorrad's part) and then hammers Niv because of a safe bet. Not allowing him to claim is a major mark against him.

Day 2: Immediately lashes into BB (understandable) demands roleclaim then votes (for decent reasons). States a policy of lynching jesters (good or bad depending on the type) and says that Glork probably wouldn't put one in a game he has spent so much time on (a very good point, reason I decided BB wasn't a jester). Says xtoxm is #2 on his scum list. Very vague role claim
Gorrad wrote: 2) I have a power role that only works during a certain kind of weather. I couldn't have targetted anyone last night either, but I'm still a power role. I expect that others have a similar role rule to mine. BB, you should NEVER assume a theme game like this to have only standard power roles, and you should know that. That being said, the more he talks, the more he looks like an idiot townie. My vote's better off on Xtoxm. Unvote, Vote: Xtoxm, HoS: Blackberry
and switches his vote to xtoxm because of changing his thoughts to BB being a stupid townie rather than a gutsy scum. Broke mah trap :x.

And, I don't see anything that screams scum at me like it does for BB and xtoxm, but I don't really see a whole lot of protowniness going on either. Not enough for a vote imo. I'd much rather see a BB or xtoxm lynch.

But, I would like to see an actual not skating around the edges claim Gorrad. If anything made me more suspicious of you it's the fact that you were so vague that it couldn't even be called a role claim. Just say what you do, not when you do it (unless others would prefer to just lynch you without knowing what you do, like Niv ;)).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:44 am

Post by farside22 »

Porochaz wrote:I have aproblem with farside, it's pretty obvious that bookitty was non-commital in her statement and suggesting otherwise I think is wrong and twisting her words slightly... Farside I want to know what you think the pro's and cons are for the gambit?
I already answered this please read thread. I do not like repeating myself.
I didn't not twist her words. She didnt' object or state an objection and now she seems to think that her asking how it bennift town should be okay. I disagree. I find she is trying to get information, but it gives me a bad feel. She could have asked questions if she wasn't sure, but I don't think she doesn't know the answers to those questions. She is a smart cookie.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:59 am

Post by farside22 »

@BooKitty:
Were you trying to set a trap of your own against Twomz? Did you think with asking your question how it bennfited the town that you didn't think about it as a negative instead of a possitive? If you thought Twomz was asking a question that had no bennifts why did you not FOS him?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”