Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Gorgon »

Well, I'm not happy with this development, but I am a vanilla townie, so I'm expendable. Good luck.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:21 am

Post by gorckat »

Javert wrote:Instead of reading all 500 pages, would you mind at least outlining some reasons for the gorckat vote?
Indeed.

FoS: mbf
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:54 am

Post by Gorgon »

Since I'm still alive, I might as well offer my opinion as to my suspicions. I don't have that much to back it up though. This is just my general feeling at the moment.

From most suspect to least suspect:

mike - Arakorn - Pra - gorckat - Javert - neko - soupfly - Tar
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:37 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Okay, I had a reason for my vote. I was browsing some of the earlier pages and saw that gorckat said something really scummy along the lines of "I don't care who dies" or "I'm scum" or something, but now I can't find it. Bah, this is what happens when I post at 2am.

unvote
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:39 am

Post by neko2086 »

Well, I'm not happy with this development, but I am a vanilla townie, so I'm expendable. Good luck.
Appeal to emotion?
vote: Gorgon
In Tartiflette We Trust
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Gorgon »

neko2086 wrote:Appeal to emotion?
That's a very simplistic interpretation of what I said. You just went up my suspicion list.

The entire context of my post was that I had accepted my fate. I wasn't asking anyone to reconsider based on emotional appeals - just stated that I was unhappy that I was to be lynched, since I know I'm innocent.

I'm at what, four votes now? One more will probably do it, but since Tar has decided, I think I'm going down no matter what. Also, I've claimed vanilla, so there's no real reason for you not to lynch me, per se.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:46 am

Post by gorckat »

mbf wrote:Okay, I had a reason for my vote. I was browsing some of the earlier pages and saw that gorckat said something really scummy along the lines of "I don't care who dies" or "I'm scum" or something
me wrote:I will wagon whomever needs to be wagonned to lynch. At this point, I just want this fucking game to go to night so that something will happen.
This was the end of my 57th post and probably what you saw.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Gorgon »

... although I must say that neko didn't climb that high up. His play, apart from that last vote, has been good so far.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:03 am

Post by gorckat »

At this point, I think we're best off not going circles and proceeding with Tar's plan.

I think soup should do what he sees fit, either offing the player he has the best read on that Tar left in his 'not to be investigated'/'not a mason' groupings, or protecting Tar. Better to leave scum guessing entirely.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:04 am

Post by neko2086 »

Even though you didn't directly ask for people to reconsider this vote, the appeal to emotion is still there. If you can make people believe that you're townie by saying that you are, perhaps they'll change their mind. Scum can offer up their "last piece of advice" in a last ditch effort to appear helpful.

I really would have preferred to lynch MBF or Javert, but your latest posts are somewhat troubling.
In Tartiflette We Trust
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:07 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

gorckat wrote:This was the end of my 57th post and probably what you saw.
Yes, that's it. Thanks.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Gorgon »

Oh well, looks like I'm lynched. Good game.

I think the town will be hard pressed to lose this one, but if you do, I shall be quite annoyed. :P
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

That's 5 votes for Gorgon, and a LYNCH!

"Ok then lads", says Tar. "I'm now obviously the cop! Hmmm..."

"And I... invent stuff!", says soupfly.

"Wow!" Gorckat looks impressed.

A shout from the crowd. "Let's ask the cop who to lynch!"

Tar turns...
"Gorgon, die you scum..."

The crowd charges as one.
"KILL!"
"MURDER!"
"PILLAGE!"
"RAPE!"

"..."

"rape?"

"Um..."

It was too late for Gorgon to hear this though. He was dead, deader than dead indeed.

And he was an innocent man...

Gorgon, TOWNIE, is dead. Night Actions to MEEE!
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

Day dawns. It dawns pretty frickin' catastrophically at that...

A giant smoking hole is the first thing you see. Itt is where MikeBurnFire's house used to be. MikeBurnFire has MikeBurnedinFire. He was a townie.

Also, you find Tarhalindur dead! No! His cops hat lying on the pavement, he has been shot twice in the back. Beside him lies the body of his friend Pra. He couldn't live on without his old friend, so he stabbed himself to death.

Tarhalindur (cop) and Pra (mason), the unpartable masons, have dieded muchlily. Mourn, people, mourn.

A catatrophic 5 alive, just 3 to lynch.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:35 am

Post by gorckat »

Did they know they were "lovers"? Shit.

FoS: Arakorn
and
Javert

I think our (hopefully) last scum is one of them.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:03 am

Post by soupfly »

damn, that didn't work out at all
soupfly wrote:i'm almost positive that my trumpet is an alarm system that can protect players so i'll be using it to protect tar. if there's a doc out there they can also protect tar to be safe or protect me to block another lynch. i doubt they'll try and lynch tar again but you never know.
this was a bluff by me. i was hoping that by bluffing i could get the scum to not target either tar or myself. instead i used the rocket of death on mikeburnfire because he was tar's top suspect so i was pretty sure that he wasn't the mason.

that really didn't work out very well at all.

we have 5 players left of which 1 is scum and 4 are townies. of the townies we know neko and myself are townies because i think i've shown that i am indeed the inventor and neko was most likely confirmed by the forged money printer. that leaves three: gorckat, arakorn and javert.

if there is a doc i'd be in favor of a claim, but only if they do it very fast claim...don't give the scum a chance to figure out that there isn't a doc and then fake a claim. so if there's a doc they should claim immediately. if there's three confirmed townies then we can just pick off the remaining two players today and tomorrow with one sure to be scum.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:06 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

LAME.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Arakorn »

gorckat wrote:Did they know they were "lovers"? Shit.

FoS: Arakorn
and
Javert

I think our (hopefully) last scum is one of them.
Oh, why is that?
Just the same reasons Soup stated? Then that makes your post pretty useless

I am too 99% sure that either Javert or Gorckat is scum, myself I'm just a regular townie.
Gonna try to read a bit back in this thread, see what I can find from Gorckat's and Javert's posts...
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:00 am

Post by gorckat »

Arakorn wrote:Oh, why is that?
Just the same reasons Soup stated? Then that makes your post pretty useless
Testy?

Yes- its "just the same reasons soup stated".

He's the inventor, he seems to have cleared Neko, I'm a townie, and that leaves you and Javert.

Hmm...wonder who could be scum? Is there some sort of process of elimination I could use?
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:03 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I died.

X_X

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:24 am

Post by gorckat »

Arakorn wrote:Hello, I'm Arakorn and I'll be replacing McStab. As there's already 11 pages here I really don't feel like thoroughly reading through them all, so could someone just quickly sum up what actions have been taken so far? (Like, which day and who were lynched and who night killed etc?)

Or, we haven't started yet? There's nothing in the first post at least...
Joined game, lack of effort hunting the next several posts (not the ones mentioning V/LA, obv)
Arakorn wrote:I also think it's worth to give this a shot and lynch Meme, at least we'll get a confirmation on his role next morning... That is unless someone has protective powers to protect Tar.

Vote: MeMe

Tally:

MeMe: (3) (Tarhalindur, Soupfly, Arakorn)
Doc fishing and distancing.

I get the feeling that Arakorn has avoided putting himself on the line at any point.

Re-reading Javert, I see no obvious slips, but I just don't trust him. Can't explain it.

He did point out that the printer could have been a tracker, not investigator, and that doesn't dupe Tar's role as well. In the interest of being thorough, I started back on neko and found this:
neko wrote:Wow, am I the only one that doesn't like it when people don't explain their votes? Seriously people. Sik, if anyone was going to explain their vote on me, it should be you, otherwise, this just looks omgusy. But, welcome to the bandwagon. This should prove useful on Day 2.
Followed by:
Sikario8 wrote:
neko2086 wrote:Wow, am I the only one that doesn't like it when people don't explain their votes? Seriously people. Sik, if anyone was going to explain their vote on me, it should be you, otherwise, this just looks omgusy.
But, welcome to the bandwagon
. This should prove useful on Day 2.

That said, I'm not giving up yet. I'm just surprised there's this many people going against me with so little argument. To answer your question, Sik, I think the lurkers should be pressured yes, but lynched? wow that's a bit extreme.

And Pra, nice to meet another Minnesotan. I'm down in Mankato. Looking forward to hearing your input on this game. Good luck.
This was not the reaction I had hoped for, neko. Why can't you jusy be scum and get it over with? Why must you ruin all my fun?

unvote neko

Now we have to go back to lookin'...
::looks to gorc::
Are
you
scum?
That's an interesting exchange in hindsight.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Javert »

:x

soupfly, you were supposed to try to gain information
last night
, and use the 'Rocket of Death'
tonight
. Now if you have an invention that is investigative in nature, we will not know the results if you die tonight. We have gained absolutely nothing by your using the 'Rocket of Death' last night. Also, I would have
much
preferred if you had used the 'Rocket of Death' on me so I don't have to worry about being lynched. *sigh*

In any case, it is pretty clear that the scum has to be one of {neko2086, gorckat, Arakorn} -- I refuse to believe a Mafia Inventor who can kill twice in the same night. I have my preferences on who I believe to town (neko2086), but there is no sense in ignoring a salient possibility. Although I personally doubt neko2086 is mafia, I will point out for my sense of completeness that he is not "cleared" -- the only information soupfly technically received was that neko2086 made no actions on Night One. However, I think that that -- combined with his attitudes and actions towards both Sikario8 and MeMe -- make him extremely likely to be town, but not "cleared" in any strict sense.

It is apparent that players do not have the
option
of "choosing" to use the inventions soupfly sends out -- they simply have effects on players. The money forger gave a tracking result on neko2086; the bus role-blocked (at the very least) Tarhalindur; and the Rocket of Doom killed mikeburnfire. None of them had the option to "use" or "not use" these items.

~~~~~

I am a Townie. I strongly suggest not having such a fast day as yesterday -- in particular, I do not understand why everybody voted Gorgon so quickly. Tarhalindur made it clear that he wanted to
read the game again to make sure he liked his vote
, but everybody seemed to interpret his vote as the end-all of discussion -- something I would
discourage
doing again.
"I was born with scum like you."
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:42 am

Post by neko2086 »

Javert, stating that you're town does not help your case. I thought I'd mentioned this before.

I will agree that we should have taken more time for discussion yesterday. I, myself, was convinced that either MBF or Gorgon was scum, so I didn't give it much more thought. We do need today to last as long as possible.

Now, I have thoughts on javert, gorckat, and arakorn that could point to them being scum. For the moment, Javert is at the top of the list, simply because he insists on calling himself a townie. Telling us he's town over and over again doesn't make it true, and his story about not wanting to be lynched as a townie is an emotional appeal that makes me very uneasy.

Arakorn made a less-than-impressive entrance into the game, and has contributed very little. In his last post, he got defensive and also decided to share with us that he's a townie, neither of which is helpful.

I had suspicions of Gorckat at the very beginning of the game, and I'll have to review them now to see if they have any merit or not in light of recent events. It's mostly his voting style, but I have to look him over very critically now.

More later.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Javert »

neko2086 wrote: Telling us he's town over and over again doesn't make it true, and his story about not wanting to be lynched as a townie is an emotional appeal that makes me very uneasy.
1.)
My statement "I am a Townie" was in response to soupfly's calling for a Doctor claim; I was essentially claiming "Not Doctor". Since there is no point in trying to "hide" my role at this point, however, I simply claimed my full role instead of saying the just as 'unhelpful' "Not Doctor". I am positive Arakorn claiming Townie was in the exact same context.

2.)
If you are 'uneasy' with me for those reasons, you ought to do a background check on me. I am very upfront about being town, as well as the fact that I have never been lynched as town -- and I am upfront about this when I am both town and scum. I can cite several examples of this if you would like, but you will have to give me time to peruse my old games and find specific examples.
"I was born with scum like you."
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:37 am

Post by Arakorn »

neko2086 wrote: Arakorn made a less-than-impressive entrance into the game, and has contributed very little. In his last post, he got defensive and also decided to share with us that he's a townie, neither of which is helpful.
Well none of those lines makes me scum either. About saying I'm town, it wasn't entirely to deny that I'm not a doctor, although it was partly. I guess I just wanted to say that I had no special role, and well, also to tell you that I'm not scum... :oops:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”