Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:13 am

Post by Arakorn »

Hold on, how do we know Neko is town? Otherwise I'm fine with Soupfly's idea.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:27 am

Post by soupfly »

Arakorn wrote:Hold on, how do we know Neko is town? Otherwise I'm fine with Soupfly's idea.
because i sort of investigated him on night one. i had a forged money printer (one of my inventions) which i put outside his house and i sat around all night but he never left his house.

given that my other inventions all have a purpose:
1) rocket of death: vig night kill
2) bus: roleblock
3) trumpet: possibly night protection
i assume that the forged money printer was a means of investigating a player. if he would have tried to use it he would have been scum but since he ignored it i think that confirms him as a townie.

its not definite but very likely.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Javert »

I am more inclined to believe the forged money printer was a way to
track
players.
neko2086 wrote:Actually, I did receive a pm from Jenter saying something like I wake up and find a counterfeit money printer outside my house and I put it in my shed. I almost said something about it, but I figured it was just a really strange way to say "it's now D2."
Since neko2086 was alerted about the printer as day opened, he could not have "used" it during the night. Additionally, you were only told that he did not "leave his house" -- this means that he did not take a night-action Night Two. If he were mafia and MeMe were his partner, if MeMe conducted the kill on Night Two and neko2086 did nothing, you would have gotten the exact same result that neko2086 did not leave his house.

I will take this time to note, however, that of all the unconfirmed players neko2086 is probably highest on my town list, but it would be remiss of me not to point that out.
"I was born with scum like you."
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Could have been a way to roleblock too. Afterall, who could resist free money, town or scum?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Javert »

^ That should say "Night One" in place of "Night Two".
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:08 am

Post by neko2086 »

After rereading, it's still pretty unclear to me who the most likely 3rd scum is. For the time being, I would still go with MBF, but I'm a bit uneasy about both Gorgon and Javert. Soupfly suggested the possibility of a Pra lynch, but I am highly opposed to such an idea. Meme's encounters with Pra don't quite fit a scum-pair relationship unless she was seriously trying to distance herself from him. It does not appear, however, that she made any attempt to do the same for sikario (hardly ever mentioned him, actually), and her aggressive behavior against RTB/Guardian, suggests that she was not interested in attacking her partners for distancing, but rather town for easy lynches. She didn't even jump on the sikario bus, which would have been a great way to distance herself if she chose to do so. She probably wanted to leave as little connection as possible between herself and the other mafiates. Unfortunately, she didn't target many people, so it's difficult to narrow the possible scum down from that theory, but I do think Pra can pretty safely be called town (for now, anyway). We should not waste our lynch on someone who is somewhat likely to be scum anyway. The most likelies should be first, as to avoid problems later in the game.
In Tartiflette We Trust
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:40 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I think we should kill Javert. If he is scum, then he will never forget the town that destroyed him and his scumbuddies in a perfect volley of lynches. If he is town, then he will never forget the first game in which he got lynched as town. Either way this will be an epic game for him.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Arakorn »

mikeburnfire wrote:I think we should kill Javert. If he is scum, then he will never forget the town that destroyed him and his scumbuddies in a perfect volley of lynches. If he is town, then he will never forget the first game in which he got lynched as town. Either way this will be an epic game for him.
Is that supposed to be a joke. Because it is funny, but scummy. (Hey, a rhyme!)

Seriously though, I wouldn't put too much confidence in the inventions as their names are pretty vague and so it is quite hard to guess their real effect. I'm still all for Tar deciding on who to lynch.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Javert »

I am not sure I can agree with your post, neko2086.

Reading back on MeMe's posts, it is fairly clear that when MeMe voted for Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien in Post 384, her vote was made at a time where it was very likely that Pra was
not
going to be lynched due to a lack of votes near deadline. If there was distancing going on, that is precisely when scum
will
distance because the risk is minimal.

When she voted Arakorn in Post 331, however, it was at a time where lynching Arakorn was possibility, and that was in fact the purpose of her vote. The context of the votes sometimes matter more than the presence of the votes themselves.

It is also faulty to assume that a mafiate will take the same stances on all of their partners. I am positive you have seen games where mafia members protect one partner, and bus the other; or protect one, and ignore the other; or some other combination of different types of interactions with one's partners. Claiming that MeMe's strategy the whole game was to "ignore her partners" because she generally did not comment on Sikario8 is not a valid extrapolation.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Javert »

^ Although it has the correct link, the Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien vote should read "Post 284" instead of "Post 384".

At this time, I will request that if the town finds it necessary to have me killed presently or in the future and I cannot persuade you to do otherwise, I would infinitely prefer being Vigged with the 'rocket of doom' over being lynched. I am
that
serious about refusing to be lynched as town.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Gorgon »

I agree with Javert here. MeMe's interactions are not 100% reliable, especially since she's an experienced player. I can easily see her varying her interactions with her scumpartners.

Anyway, the Arakorn vote wasn't even that dangerous, IMO. She was the first person to vote for him, and I was the only one who ever followed that vote. She also stated explicitly that she would be willing to switch her vote at the deadline in order to ensure a lynch. It was certainly more dangerous than the Pra vote, but I can easily see it as a scum distancing vote, especially as MeMe left it on at the deadline.

I don't think neko is solidly confirmed by the money press, but I feel that his play has been very townish. He's certainly not a top priority for lynch in my book.

I don't think soupfly should use his rocket tonight. He could easily do so tomorrow night, if the remaining scum is still alive by then.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Javert wrote:Reading back on MeMe's posts, it is fairly clear that when MeMe voted for Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien in Post 384, her vote was made at a time where it was very likely that Pra was
not
going to be lynched due to a lack of votes near deadline. If there was distancing going on, that is precisely when scum
will
distance because the risk is minimal.

When she voted Arakorn in Post 331, however, it was at a time where lynching Arakorn was possibility, and that was in fact the purpose of her vote. The context of the votes sometimes matter more than the presence of the votes themselves.
Good posting.

Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Arakorn »

Gorgon wrote: I don't think soupfly should use his rocket tonight. He could easily do so tomorrow night, if the remaining scum is still alive by then.
And if he's dead by then...?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Gorgon »

Arakorn wrote:
Gorgon wrote: I don't think soupfly should use his rocket tonight. He could easily do so tomorrow night, if the remaining scum is still alive by then.
And if he's dead by then...?
Then we'll have two live mason-cops, which is A Good Thing.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Short on time, but I will say this:

I want to keep Arakorn and Pra alive for the time being, due to mason concerns (and I still have a pro-town read on both).

I don't want to lynch Gorckat today, there are three better targets.

Javert's last few posts have raised his position on my scum list - he's now equal with Gorgon.

I want to reread again before making any final decision.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:26 am

Post by gorckat »

I've also been getting funky vibes from Javert. I can't pin it down. I'm really ok with mbf, Gorgon or Javert today.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:56 am

Post by neko2086 »

I think we should kill Javert. If he is scum, then he will never forget the town that destroyed him and his scumbuddies in a perfect volley of lynches. If he is town, then he will never forget the first game in which he got lynched as town. Either way this will be an epic game for him.
Javert wrote:
Reading back on MeMe's posts, it is fairly clear that when MeMe voted for Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien in Post 384, her vote was made at a time where it was very likely that Pra was not going to be lynched due to a lack of votes near deadline. If there was distancing going on, that is precisely when scum will distance because the risk is minimal.

Good posting.
Is MBF even trying anymore? I think he's a good pick for today, but it's up to you, tar. Javert would be my second choice. I'm never impressed by people who tell you repeatedly that they're town.
In Tartiflette We Trust
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:57 am

Post by neko2086 »

EBWOP:

Both of those quotes are from MBF. The second quote is a quote of Javert that MBF quoted and said as a comment: "good posting." I should stop trying to copy and paste everything
In Tartiflette We Trust
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

The first post was humor, the second post was serious. And what do you mean "trying anymore"? I only recently replaced into this game.

neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by neko2086 »

If the first post was humorous and the second was pointless, what are you contributing, exactly?
In Tartiflette We Trust
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I was agreeing with Javert's assessment of the situation and complementing him on his logic.

So, are we going to lynch me or not? Right now it looks like that's where we're going, and if that's the case then I'm not going to bother forcing myself to read all 500 pages of the game to give you all a half-assed guess as to who is scum. Instead, I'll just do a quick recap of where I stand so far:

Probably town: MBF > Tar > Fly > Neko
Neutral: Javert > Arakorn > Pra > Gorgon
Probably scum: gorckat

vote: gorckat

Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:44 pm

Post by Javert »

Instead of reading all 500 pages, would you mind at least outlining some reasons for the gorckat vote?

~~~~~

I will point out that my latest posts are clearly not outlining concerns coming solely from
me
-- Gorgon, mikeburnfire, and to some extent, Arakorn, have echoed them. Despite the four of us being 'unconfirmed',
at least
three of us are pro-town. As such, you can be sure our worries are quite
legitimate
, and should not be dismissed as quickly as you appear to be dismissing them. Instead of reading our concerns as "they are more likely to be scum" (which it appears neko2086, Tarhalindur, and gorckat are doing), I implore you to instead think how the game looks from
our
positions, and what our thoughts would naturally be concerning the players who are essentially being written off as 'town' without any confirmation. The point of mafia is to upturn every stone for critical examination, not say "this one looks okay" and leave it lying there.

As it happens, I am actually starting to second-guess my earlier assessment of mikeburnfire being the best lynch, but I will reserve judgment until after he explains his gorckat vote.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:01 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

I just tried a reread on the thread.

I will grant that Javert has a point about not trusting Neko just yet, but I still think that neko is very likely tp be town (he came under heavy fire D1 and stayed on Sikario/DR for the majority of the day). I'll keep an eye on him, but I don't think we should lynch him just yet.

I'm getting some cold feet about MBF myself - as much a gut feeling as anything else.
Unvote

The player that stood out the most during the second reread was Gorgon - he was the other player on the Arakorn wagon, and I think I'm seeing the IIoA (Information Instead of Analysis) tell in Gorgon's posts. In particular, I can't see much if any actual scumhunting in Gorgon's posts - just theory and following in others' footsteps.
Vote: Gorgon
for now, look over his posts again later.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:11 pm

Post by soupfly »

unvote: if necessary

vote: gorgon
<-- all follow tar's lead. now might be the time to claim gorgon.

i'm almost positive that my trumpet is an alarm system that can protect players so i'll be using it to protect tar. if there's a doc out there they can also protect tar to be safe or protect me to block another lynch. i doubt they'll try and lynch tar again but you never know.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by Arakorn »

Vote: gorgon

Following Tar's lead..