petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

wolfcrier wrote:It would be nice if some people could answer my questions
It would be nice if you stopped being scum. But I suppose we both know that's not going to happen.

I've answered the questions you have posed that I wish to answer at the moment; why don't you try doing some scum-hunting instead of sitting there complaining?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Battle Mage wrote:

This is below par from you AlKo. And yeh, i see you bailing from the wagon on your buddy! And i trust CKD's judgement too. :)
when did that start to happen?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

petroleumjelly wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:I don't believe I ever made mention of Ross as scummiest or least scummiest.
al_kohaulec wrote:Jelly, I has Ross marked down as being one of the scummiest players in my notes.
Please explain these two quotes in more detail, I am not sure I follow you.
I don't always use words in the right context, and this may be an example. I considered Ross to be one of the scummiest. I didn't have an idea of how was
most
scummiest, but in my words that meant Ross could have been most scummiest, second or third most scummiest. I do not interpret what I said to be "He is scummy, but not the most scummiest".
curiouskarmadog wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote: Jelly, I has Ross marked down as being one of the scummiest players in my notes. I may have questioned him if I had the time, but I doubt I would have, and wouldn't have done it nearly as efficiently as you did. His answers to your questions gave me much better insight into his actions and gives me another perspective, allowing me to see how wrong I believe I was before.
what notes? when did Ross make it into your notes as being one of the scummiest players?
What notes? I keep a set of notes on my computer to summarize the game for me because otherwise with how busy I am these days, I would never remember anything about a game. There's been games where I couldn't even remember if I was still alive or not. I'm not sure, but I think Ross first made my list for being scummy when I noticed him jumping on top of the attacks towards GS and Iammers. He seemed opportunistic.
curiouskarmadog wrote: then you get a little pressure (not even, more like a question or two) you unvote and post following:
al_kohaulec wrote: I always keep notes on games. They used to be elaborate, but in the past year or so, they've been plummeting in quality.

My list of scummy players is small. There's been a lot of suspicion on Monkey, but you might be surprised to hear i only have one note on him, and it's in his favor. He refused to vote simply because mith wanted everybody to place a vote by the first week. He wanted to be more informed of his actions and not act hastily.

My notes say I'm at the top of page 16 on rereading this thread (skimming), and I have two living suspects currently. While they were alive, GS and mith were on that list. I even remember voicing that I had some suspicions on mith's behavior, but wasn't too sure how much of that was because of the jester ploy.

My two remaining suspects are BM and MeMe. I did not list any notes on BM yet, but I simply have him color coded as scummy. MeMe, I haven't noticed her as being very active, almost seeming to post without posting. I haven't been impressed with her play. There are possible excuses for it, but generally her play hasn't seemed as strong as MeMe's play typically should be IMO.

I don't believe I ever made mention of Ross as scummiest or least scummiest. Also, I believe after hearing Ross's explanation,

Unvote
I did not unvote him because of pressure. I couldn't remember for sure who I was voting, and I thought it was somebody else I had thought of as scummy. While making that post, I realized my vote was still on Ross, and I then decided to remove it. Ross was falling off my suspicion list when he was answering Jelly's questions, which was all before any of this discussion with me started. My entire reason for voting Ross is that I thought he was scummy, now that I no longer think such, I have no purpose to be voting for him.
curiouskarmadog wrote: so after yesterday, your scum list is Ross, BM, Monkey, and Meme? Or is Ross now off your list? If so what about Ross's reply made you suddenly change your mind? Something about this post does not seem geniune to me.
FoS al_kohaulec
. this would be a vote right now, if PJ hadnt asked you about these "notes". Question, how confident are you in your notes usually (for I assume you take them in every game)?...how confident are you in your notes Day 2 in this game?

Also why didnt you unvote once Ross replied, why did you wait to unvote AFTER PJ questioned you about your notes?
No, it was only Ross, BM, and MeMe after yesterday. Ross is now off that list. I clearly stated that Monkey is not on my list, though he is suspected by a lot of
other
players. I'll have to do a mini pbpa of Ross's recent posts to explain why I no longer suspect him. I used to be very confident in my notes, they used to be very thorough and in depth into the game and every player, but now in games I play I hardly note anything. My notes alone are unreliable. However I use them as brief reminders of where my thoughts laid, and as a note to say something like "hey, BM acted scummy, reread his posts and see what you find". If I notice something that appears as a giveaway to me of somebody's role or alignment, I make sure to note my certainty, and though I sometimes forget those reasons, I've learned that when I have such a certain feeling, it tends to be pretty accurate, and I act accordingly. I have not had any of these reactions yet, and lately it's only been in very small inexperienced games that I've had such a revelation, so I do not expect something that sure to happen anytime soon.

Basically my notes are something for me to think about, the thread itself is where I rely to determine who is/isn't scum.

unvote of Rosso explained above.
MeMe wrote:al_ko -- your "play hasn't seemed as strong..." comment is not supported by the facts of my recent participation in any game. I don't lurk, but neither do I feel the need to be "miss prolific." If something needs to be said & it hasn't been said yet, I'll say it.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:MeMe feels quieter den I remembers.
That's pretty much was I was getting. Your play seems more low key than I'm used to. I marked you in my notes to watch you, but I am not pushing anything yet because that's not a valid reason to push anything for. I don't expect a "miss prolific" attitude, but I expect more of a decent level of contribution from a player like you. One reason I haven't pushed this is because I'm open to the idea of you being busy with real life or to your other duties on this site and such.
Battle Mage wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote: My two remaining suspects are BM and MeMe. I did not list any notes on BM yet, but I simply have him color coded as scummy. MeMe, I haven't noticed her as being very active, almost seeming to post without posting. I haven't been impressed with her play. There are possible excuses for it, but generally her play hasn't seemed as strong as MeMe's play typically should be IMO.
Wait, so your two top suspects are:

1. Battle Mage
Reasoning: No real reasoning, but at some point he gave me a scummy vibe.
2. MeMe
Reasoning: She hasnt nailed scum yet, or been posting prolifically.
I never said I have no reason to suspect you BM, you have acted scummy. I have merely stated that in my
notes
I have no reasons listed. I do have you marked though as a player I can read over more closely, analyze your play, and there are scummy actions from you throughout the game to be called upon. I just haven't noted them while I was taking notes, my notes are pretty much bone right now, hardly even any skin.

MeMe is only a slight suspicion, nothing to act upon. I'm not suspecting anybody for not nailing scum, and you stating that is misrepresenting me.

Your attacks on me in these latest few posts are one example of your scumminess. CKD and Jelly have both asked much more valid questions and applied reasonable pressure, whereas you simple change what I say, misrepresent me, and try to downcast me into a favorable lynch.
Battle Mage wrote: This is below par from you AlKo. And yeh, i see you bailing from the wagon on your buddy! And i trust CKD's judgement too. :)

HoS: AlKo

Im happy with a Ross or AlKo lynch atm. And probably others i cant remember.

BM
According to my notes, those are my two suspects. Like I've been saying, my notes are very poor right now, and I admit my play has been under par for close to a year now. Your last comment makes you sound very lynch-happy to take anybody down. Tell me, do you want me lynched for any other reason than I have you as a suspect? What do you think of Ross's explanation for his actions? His answer's to PJ's questions?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by Talitha »

I am not sure that quietness is a good indicator of MeMe scumminess as she can be very verbal/prolific/'take charge' as scum as well as town.

I have a couple of people I am labelling as townish, but because I've been travelling I feel I definitely need to read over before trying to lynch anyone. Sorry about my sub-par contribution... I wouldn't have joined a game right now that wasn't Thespival mafia.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Holy »

tyhess wrote:I actaully don't think monkey's idea is to far fetched...all sacastro would have to do is keep his vote there and if something big turns up where the person he's voting for gets waggoned and lynched, he can bide his time and say that he wasn't done reading yet and effectively hammered one guy and contributed without giving info on another.
Did you really believed if the person he's voting for gets lynched, on the next day he could still give the excuse that he wasn't done reading at all? Insane indeed.

Monkey wrote:I mean we're not in day 1 anymore randomly voting people.
Ehh, I really thought that we voted the scum on day 1 :roll: .
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Thesp »

Official D2 Vote Count

Note:
Cult of the Couch Members:
1 (tyhess)

wolfcrier - 2
(hasdgfas, petroleumjelly)
RossWilliam - 3
(PookyTheMagicalBear, Sarcastro, Battle Mage)
Monkey - 2
(Holy, Mastermind of Sin)
Sarastro - 2
(MeMe, Monkey)

Not Voting - 9
(Talitha, QuickBen, curiouskarmadog, Captain Bandwagon,
Cult of the Couch (1)
, Iammars, wolfcrier, RossWilliam, al_kohaulec)

With 18 alive, it's 10 to lynch.

Prodding all players who have not posted in the last 72 hours, replacing non-responders.
Last edited by Thesp on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:51 am

I stand corrected, Al_ko, did state that he had one “note” in Monkey’s favor.

I feel like your reply was adequate and forth coming, so I
unfos Al-ko
, thanks for your speedy reply.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:53 am

Talitha wrote:I wouldn't have joined a game right now that wasn't Thespival mafia.
I havent played with you before, so I dont know if this is common for you...I understand being busy, but the majority of your posts state you dont have time to post.

think there will be time in the future...interested hearing your thoughts on that game here in Day 2.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:30 am

Post by QuickBen »

A couple of players seem to be drawing my attention. I need to do a quick re-read before I actually post my thoughts though. Will do asap- possibly tonight.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

al_kohaulec wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote: My two remaining suspects are BM and MeMe. I did not list any notes on BM yet, but I simply have him color coded as scummy. MeMe, I haven't noticed her as being very active, almost seeming to post without posting. I haven't been impressed with her play. There are possible excuses for it, but generally her play hasn't seemed as strong as MeMe's play typically should be IMO.
Wait, so your two top suspects are:

1. Battle Mage
Reasoning: No real reasoning, but at some point he gave me a scummy vibe.
2. MeMe
Reasoning: She hasnt nailed scum yet, or been posting prolifically.
I never said I have no reason to suspect you BM
, you have acted scummy. I have merely stated that in my
notes
I have no reasons listed. I do have you marked though as a player I can read over more closely, analyze your play, and there are scummy actions from you throughout the game to be called upon. I just haven't noted them while I was taking notes, my notes are pretty much bone right now, hardly even any skin.
I'm not buying this ATALL. You claim you have a reason to suspect me (see green), and yet you also claim to have NO reasons listed in your notes, and to have not actually got any reason to suspect me atm, aside from the fact that you wrote down a while back 'reread BM'. Im not sure how i can argue with a case as watertight as that. I guess the only thing i can say is, how about rather than lurking in plain sight, and pretending to scumhunt, you actually PBPA me, and give your suspicion some substance.

Yes, that is a challenge, and until you answer it, you'll forgive me if i dont take you too seriously. :roll:
ALKO wrote: MeMe is only a slight suspicion, nothing to act upon. I'm not suspecting anybody for not nailing scum, and you stating that is misrepresenting me.
Oh dear, im terribly sorry. How about you try giving some reasons in the first place, rather than forcing me to try and fill in the blanks? Better make that a PBPA of MeMe too. I mean, its nothing to act upon, but id like to be sure you arent BSing us about that 'suspicion' too.
ALKO wrote: Your attacks on me in these latest few posts are one example of your scumminess. CKD and Jelly have both asked much more valid questions and applied reasonable pressure, whereas you simple change what I say, misrepresent me, and try to downcast me into a favorable lynch.
Oh, so you're accusing me of OMGUS. Because im such a shit player that i get totally paranoid at the possibility of someone having slight suspicion of me, that i go uber-offensive on them? lol
I appreciate you trying to suck up to CKD and PJ, but sadly you aren't meeting my expectations, and i'll be interested to hear their thoughts too.
Battle Mage wrote: This is below par from you AlKo. And yeh, i see you bailing from the wagon on your buddy! And i trust CKD's judgement too. :)

HoS: AlKo

Im happy with a Ross or AlKo lynch atm. And probably others i cant remember.

BM
According to my notes, those are my two suspects. Like I've been saying, my notes are very poor right now, and I admit my play has been under par for close to a year now.[/quote]
I wouldnt go that far. Its only this game where you seem to be slipping, and i just dont get it...
But, if you recognise that you arent on top of your game, i seriously reccommend a short break, and then a relook at the game.
ALKO wrote: Your last comment makes you sound very lynch-happy to take anybody down. Tell me, do you want me lynched for any other reason than I have you as a suspect?
Lol, lynch happy? maybe a little. :P
But, im just enjoying the fact that im totally WITH this game. I have plenty of suspects, who i think id be more than happy to see hang.
With regard to your question, i have to admit, i was expecting you to wait a little longer before playing the OMGUS card. AlKo, i'll say this only once:

I'm voting for you, not because you suspect me, but because you claim to suspect MeMe and myself, and simultaneously admit that you have NOTHING to back this up.

ALKO wrote: What do you think of Ross's explanation for his actions? His answer's to PJ's questions?
I cant recall PJ's questions. Ive been more focussed on his responses to mine and others (PJ is clearly a law unto himself ;)). But, i dont rate his explanation very highly atall.
If you want me to look throught PJ's posts specifically, please ask.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

This is below par from you AlKo. And yeh, i see you bailing from the wagon on your buddy! And i trust CKD's judgement too. :)
when did that start to happen?
last couple of games you've made shitloads of sense. Having said that, you could have been scum in them, in which case ill be less happy with you. Atm though, you're in my good-scumhunter books.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

wolfcrier
wolfcrier
Townie
wolfcrier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by wolfcrier »

petroleumjelly wrote:
wolfcrier wrote:It would be nice if some people could answer my questions
It would be nice if you stopped being scum. But I suppose we both know that's not going to happen.

I've answered the questions you have posed that I wish to answer at the moment; why don't you try doing some scum-hunting instead of sitting there complaining?
With out questions being answered and without random voting it is near to impossible to scum-hunt.

It seems as if my two most pro-town players would be BM and PJ. Both have given extensive research for who they think are mafia. My two pro-mafia would be Ross-after his feeble attempt to get me lynched and hasdfas-for putting in no imput what so ever on why he thinks I, or anyone else for that matter, is scum except for religious praise.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:05 pm

my problem with Ross is his play is SO obvious as scum, he has to be a newbie or the jester...

wolf, your thoughts on the jester?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
wolfcrier
wolfcrier
Townie
wolfcrier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by wolfcrier »

I'm suprised the jester hasn't claimed I think Ross has either a. maybe a horrible newb mistake and is scum or b. he wants people to vote him now for some reason but I don't think he is the jester.
~The line between me and the enemy is indistiguinshable~
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Anyone in favor of forgoing lynches and just NKing people until the jester claims? ;)

...I'm only half-joking....>_>
Permanent V/LA.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by tyhess »

I'm the jester, as well as the cult of the couch....
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by MeMe »

You win the "cool role" lottery.

QuickBen -- what's been keeping you away today?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Amen tyhess? :?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

wolfcrier wrote:With out questions being answered and without random voting it is near to impossible to scum-hunt.

It seems as if my two most pro-town players would be BM and PJ. Both have given extensive research for who they think are mafia. My two pro-mafia would be Ross-after his feeble attempt to get me lynched and hasdfas-for putting in no imput what so ever on why he thinks I, or anyone else for that matter, is scum except for religious praise.
1.)
So far as I can discern, you have only asked questions to myself, RossWilliam, and hasdgfas. I have not answered all of your questions, and I am apparently in your top 2 'most pro-town'; Ross answered your question ("what kind of crap is this?") indirectly by responding to me and others; and hasdgfas can only post two words at a time if he wants to keep with his claimed restriction.

2.)
Can I assume you made a misstatement when you said "without random voting it is near impossible to scumhunt"? I think you want "without non-random votes, it is near impossible to scumhunt".

3.)
Have you noticed that hasdgfas can only post two words at a time? How do you expect him to give much input with such a restriction? Also, do you understand why he is claiming to use two religious words in particular?
tyhess wrote:I'm the jester, as well as the cult of the couch....
Have you had this role since the beginning of the game? Did you breadcrumb this at all? Why did you choose not to claim on Day One?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:my problem with Ross is his play is SO obvious as scum, he has to be a newbie or the jester...

wolf, your thoughts on the jester?
I'm rooting for newbie scum.
I'm satisfied with Wolfcrier. Oddly enough, i'm not entirely surprised about Tyhess being the Jester. It means now that we cannot allow him to recruit too many people, otherwise he will be able to lynch himself, and win the game, amirite?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:16 am

tyhess wrote:I'm the jester, as well as the cult of the couch....
what kind of sick and twisted person would make the cult recruiter the jester?

that being said,
vote RossWilliams
, fear of the jester kept my vote away.

curious though, tyhess why did you tell us?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Captain Bandwagon
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Captain Bandwagon »

I think RW and wolfcrier are bussing.

VOTE: ROSSWILLIAM

hasdgfas gives me a pro-town vibe, and I believe tyhess's jester claim. Man. This game is twisted.

In the meantime, let's get some amens and hallelujahs!
[i]"... give us this day, our daily bandwagon, and forgive us our trespasses, as we bandwagon those who trespass against us..."[/i]

- Excerpt from The Bandwagoner's Prayer
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Amen CaptainBandwagon! :D
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
wolfcrier
wolfcrier
Townie
wolfcrier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by wolfcrier »

So I'm new to this so... Why can hasdgfas only say two words a post? Also as to CB why on earth would I be supporting the votes on RW if I were to be in cahoots with him?
wolfcrier
wolfcrier
Townie
wolfcrier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by wolfcrier »

up nvm disregard that question!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”