Post by Thanatos »

Vote Count

Nudude (3)
- Thanatos, CoolBot, Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Thanatos (1) - Nudude
liamcool (1) - Gorgon

Not Voting (2) - liamcool, Infinitive

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Numenorean7 wrote:In answer to Thanatos's question: being killed at night does not prevent someone from making an action that night.
Good. I may be able to make use of this fact, but the best thing to do right now is kill the RB.

Right now, I think that that RB is Nudude.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Nudude »

You know what, I'm getting tired of fighting this over with everyone. I can appreciate your suspiciouns, but I don't feel like anyone is either reading what I say, or is just writing it off as some scum trying to wriggle his way out.

I could claim, but I feel like people will just look at it as scum trying to wriggle out of a hole and lynch me anyway, when really the simplest way to prove I have to be right about Thanatos not being a pro - town role is to prove I am one.

I will make this easy for the town. Lynch Thanatos tomorrow, and then lynch Infinitive, and town will win. Don't let them trick you with "It's Lylo!" and "Wait let us defend ourselves". They're scum.

Thanatos /hatoff to you. I want town to win, but congrats on pulling it off and getting them to swallow it hook, line and sinker. It's blatantly obvious to me it's a lie, but one townie doesn't matter if you can convince the others.

I feel frustrated because I feel I made some good points in my case, but I don't feel like most of you didn't even read or consider it, because it didn't support your "Nudude is scum" theory. Because I was aggresive, I must be scum. Even though I knew it would likely bring me to this point, I pushed it because it was right. I could have just given up and saved myself, but I felt it was more important at least one person represent the facts.

There is no way this many power - roles would be in a game, it would just be too damn powerful. Me being a power - role proves that Than is the scum power - role to balance things out.

Good luck guys. I'm very sorry to do this, but lets face it, you wouldn't believe me if I claim, now would you? In any case, if you vote the right people, the town wins anyway, so that means I win, even if I'm dead at the end, so if this is what it takes, then so be it.

Remember to vote Than and Infinitive, and town will win.

Vote: Nudude
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Infinitive »

And now, for a brief history of Nudude in day 3. I will mention beforehand that this does not constitute the entirety of his posting, but it does constitute the majority thereof. Most of those posts I've skipped are the most recent, as they're easier for people to reference on their own. I will be interjecting every once in a while, based on what Nudude says, but I will do my best not to interject into posts themselves, so that the integrity, what of it there is, of Nudude's posts remains.
Nudude wrote:The sole basis of you thinking I'm scum is that I didn't immeditaely investigate DS. I was the first one to vote for him, and I didn't move my vote even when he was at L1. Doesn't that say anything?
I swapped and changed my votes all through D2, so I had a perfectly good excuse to take him off L-1, and put my vote on someone else.
I really don't know what else I can say.
I also find it very interesting that you are stuck on lynching me. Consider Thanatos for example. I don't believe his role - claim one bit.
Yesterday he said he's going to roleclaim today. What possible advantage could he gain from that? The simple answer is there is no advantage at all.
He needed an excuse to say he was "Role blocked", so he tells everyone yesterday that he was going to role - claim.
Here's the thing though. IF we have a role blocker, why would he block you? You admit your going to role claim, and since it makes no sense for a mafia to role - claim, we can only assume your going to claim a pro - town role. So why would a role - blocker block you? It makes no sense.
I'll make this easy for everyone.
VOTE: Thanatos
If I'm wrong, lynch me tomorrow. I'll vote for myself as the first act of the day.
Ahh, the damning self-sacrificial quote that's been dogging Nudude all day. I feel that it's been discussed quite thoroughly, so I will say nothing further other than to mark its presence here. I would like to point out that, from the very beginning, Nudude has been unprepared to accept the mere possibility that the scum have a RBer on their side. This is a fairly substantial part of why I believe that he is, specifically, that role.
Nudude wrote: I'm going on the record and saying that at anytime this game you a proven to be a vig, I will vote for myself. I'm not sure what brand of scum you are though. Your either a one - shot mafia assassin, or an SK who thought he'd pull a clever stunt by opting out of his NK. But you are scum, I've no doubt.
At no time yesterday did I advocate a lynch. The closest I came was saying that I was so sure DS was scum, that I wasn't moving my vote. If you will remember correctly I took you off L-1 the other day. I wanted people to talk and discuss things, come up with ideas and theories and see who defended who and how the votes moved.
I pressed just about everyone that day, except for VL because I, along with just about everyone else, believed he was the cop, and liamcool, because if I believed VL was a cop, then I must believe his investigation.
It's possible that liamcool is the GF, but it's also possible to flip a coin twelve times and have it comes up heads every single time. Possible, but very unlikely. I've explained a few times why I didn't grill DS, and the only time I really supported him was when he was looking at DLS.
I'll remind everyone how he started the day attacking you, and then you both very quickly moved to attacking DLS. He was quiet after his initial attack on DLS, so I'm not sure how you drew the conclusion I was backing him "Most of the time", when he was hardly there. Your stretching the facts to suit your story.
I didn't know who scum were, just like the rest of the town. So I pushed and watched what happened. I don't believe scum are just going to come out and saying something incriminating, so I had a look at everyone. The whole time I encouraged people to conduct their own investigations and draw their own conclusions, and I still do.
I don't buy your reasons for claiming one bit. If your objective was to sacrifice yourself to try save VL, you could have claimed cop after DS was hammered. You could have said "I'm the vig, and I will be killing "X" tonight, and Y tomorrow", and then simply not gone through with it, rationlising on the chance you pick a scum, they would've had to have killed you to save themselves.
If your sure I'm scum, and you meant it when you said you were willing to sacrifice yourself, why not let us lynch you today, so then everyone will know I'm scum and lynch me tomorrow?
You won't do it, because the truth is your not actually willing to sacrifice yourself, that your actually scum that cooked up a story that makes you look noble for being willing to sacrifice yourself.
Prove me wrong.
Here's a section of troubling logic that I missed initially, and only noticed on my last read-through. Nudude has here said that he's ready to participate in his own lynch on D4 if his suspicions come up bad, but demands that Thanatos not only play by the same standard, but do so
today
. That's terrible strategy, regardless, and is WIFOM at its most distilled. In essence, Nudude is using his claimed self-sacrificial nature here to try and hammer Thanatos for a claim that he doesn't like. To say the least, I'm not a fan.
Nudude wrote: It's not at all equal. DS was about to get lynched, and said that to save his neck. Here, it's the beginning of the day, no votes, and if anything it makes me look more suspicious, not less.
I doubt there is a mafia role blocker. If there was, it would have made more sense to block VL, thus making him and liamcool look suspicious, while NK Thanatos, a self confessed power role, which was likely a vig/sk given the two NK's on D1?
Also, his N1 kill made no sense at all. VL and liamcool looked more suspicious then insurgent at that time, so if you were going to take a shot in the dark, why not one them? Why did you kill a guy who had just replaced into the game, that no - one had a read on and had made a grand total of four posts? That was your best guess?
It fits better if your an SK, because it's in your best interests to leave suspicious people in play, whereas a Vig taking a shot in the dark would probably go for someone more suspicious than a guy who was in the game just a little over 24 hours?

My vote stands, and as you all know, I'm betting my life on it.
I'd like people to pay attention to the bolded part right here- again, this is something that I myself missed. However, Nudude is on record here as saying that it's much more likely that Thanatos is SK than Vig. It was only after the town started saying "Ok, we're fine with that, since the scum still would want to kill him" that Nudude recanted this and said that it's very unlikely that Than was an SK.

Some people play by a very simple creed in this game- Lynch All Liars. I'm not sure if Nudude's reversal in this matter constitutes a lie, but it's extremely suspicious to me.
Nudude wrote:
By all means, think about it for yourself and take your time, no rush.
It's impossible to be 100% certain wether or not someone is scum untill they go to the noose, but comparing the stretches of thinking required to justify Thanatos is an Vig, versus how the pieces fit together if Thanatos is an SK, I feel certain he the SK.

I also think of the consequences of being wrong if he is an SK. There are seven players, I'd say 4 townies and 3 scum (2 mafia + 1 SK). Now if we lynch a townie, and Thanatos is an SK, we could lose 3 townies in one day/night, making 1 townie and 3 scum, meaning the the town will almost certainly lose, as the mafia will kill Thanatos, and even if Thanatos picks a mafia to kill, that leaves 1 townie and 1 mafia, which means town lose.
No matter how I look at it, I don't trust Thanatos enough to put the game in his hands. If we lynch Thanatos, we know for a fact only one townie will die tonight, and if turns out we were wrong and he is a vig, you'll have confirmed me as scum (which I'm not!) and will know who to lynch.
The question is, do you trust Thanatos enough to risk only having one townie tomorrow?
Again, bolded part for emphasis- Nudude is certain here that Thanatos is the SK.
Nudude wrote: Did you even read my last post?
In it I explained why it's more risky trusting that Thanatos is a vig.
There's a few people that haven't posted in a few days.
I've presented my theories and ideas, and explained why. Some people have said they dis - agree, but don't present any alternative theories either.
If you don't agree with me, fine, but at least do something about it! Post some thoughts you have, alternative theories, do some investigating. It's like everyone says "I'm not sure, I want to think about this" but then does nothing about it!
Come up with some ideas and evidence supporting your case. It frustrating for me because I've done my research and have concluded Thanatos is scum, but everyone else is just waiting for some magical piece of evidence to fall in our laps.
Give me something to change my mind, or vote for Thanatos and knock another scum out of the game.
Do something, anything!
More WIFOM logic here, but it's interesting to note that Nudude is here ignoring himself as a viable target of suspicion- in essence, he's accusing everyone else that's not against Thanatos of slacking and/or lurking. Given the fact that, by this point, there were several long and well-articulated posts of suspicion regarding Nudude, I find this odd, but not necessarily damning.
Nudude wrote:
If you read my posts, I've been saying I am convinced that Thanatos is an SK, and presented my case, and that if people didn't agree with that, to do their own investigating.

Can you explain why he killed someone who was in the game a little over 24 hours after they entered the game, while ignoring a slew of suspicious characters?
Can you explain how he knew he'd been roled - blocked? My understanding is that most of the time you don't told why your attempt fails. I could be a GF, there could be a back - up doc, there could be many reasons, but he was sure he'd been role - blocked....how?
Can you explain why you said that an SK is counted as a townie in an end game situation, when this thread:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... +killer%2A
Would seem to indicate that is false? The only true way to know a win condition is by reading your role PM, but it's clear that a SK is not consdiered a townie in an end game situation....why mis - represent the facts?
Can you explain why you finished off DS yesterday before he had a chance to say anything, a stark contrast to today where your calling for calm, rational consideration. I agree that people should take their time and analyse the info.....so why did you yourself rush to the lynch yesterday? Because you were sure he was scum? How is me being sure your scum any different, except that I'm calling for people to prove me wrong, not neccesarily agree with me and rush to the lynch?
In summary,
1. His best guess D1 was a guy with four posts and who had replaced into the game a little over 24 hours before the lynch, despite there being more suspicious characters.
2. He cannot possibly have known he was role - blocked.
3. He claimed that an SK is counted as a townie in an end game situation. This is false, unless a role PM says otherwise.
4. He killed DS before he had a chance to open his mouth. It turned out he was scum, but I'd hardly call that a carefully considered act. I feel if your going to ask for carefully considered acts, then you should also carefully consider how you act, but twice this game you've been quite brash with your decisions.
Just so were clear, I have no problem with everyone taking their time to look things over. I'm just saying I'm pretty damned sure he is scum, and I'm presenting my case. I encourage everyone to present their own.
Nothing particularly interesting here, except to contrast against his very first statement in his very next post.
Nudude wrote:
I have to admit, you make some good points. It doesn't make alot of sense if your a SK.
In fact, the one theory I came up with is that if you are an SK, it's in your best interests to kill scum tonight if we lynch a townie, in which case we should let you live one more night at the very least just in case we get it wrong today.
The thing is I'm certain your scum, well as certain as anyone can be who isn't psychic. There are some things in your story that just don't add up, which I've pointed out. Everyone will have to draw their own conclusions from that.
Here are a couple of alternatives I have:
1. Scum = 1xGF 1xRB 1xOne shot assassin.
This is a powerful mafia group, but there would probably have to be another pro - town power role to offset this. Thanatos could be the one - shot assasin, say he's a blocked vig, and if the role blocker gets lynched it will lend alot of weight to his claim.
2. Scum = 1xGF 1xGoon 1xRB.
A little less powerful, but another pro - town role would probably be justified in this setup.
Did you see that? In the space of one post, Nudude reversed his stance on how likely Thanatos was to be a SK. Literally, one post he was certain that Than was a SK, and the next he was pretty sure that he wasn't. Not only that, but there was only one post in bestwwn these two, and that one came from Thanatos himself.

Be careful, or you'll get whiplash from the logical reversals here.
Nudude wrote: I feel most of the players in this game are playing it cautiously at the moment, waiting for other people to post, and hoping that it will be the post that clears everything up.
I don't feel this is likely to happen. Most players have already stated the things they believe, and why they believe them. If there was going to be something said to set you on your course, I daresay it would already have been said.
I suggest everyone takes the time to read back over the thread. It may take about an hour, give or take, but I think it will help everyone get a better idea of where they stand.
Try to do it with an open mind. Pretend your not actually in this game, your just perusing it from an outside view. Try to figure out what each person is trying to accomplish when they post.
I know we were waiting on gorgon to post, but it seems like we're not coming up with many new ideas and evidence, as much as waiting for someone to say something that incriminates them. I don't believe scum are just going to come out and say something stupid. I feel we need to come up with theories, run them by people, and see how people respond to them.
I've been doing my fair share of that this game. I would like to see someone else try it. I don't mind doing it myself, but last time I did I got two votes for it.
So, who's going to generate some discussion?
Finally, Nudude begins to address the suspicion levied against him. His response? "Go and reread the thread," even though the
entirety
of the case against him is based on his most recent behavior. This seems to me to be a very thinly veiled attempt to try and clear himself for recent missteps by leveraging a more townish past history.
Nudude wrote: I drew this conclusion from Gorgon's post.
He's eager to explore new possibilites. His post is well though out and he presents rational evidence. As for myself, IRL my work revolves around statistics, and statisical it is unlikely liamcool is the GF, so I will need something very compelling to vote for liam. However, even though statiscally it's unlikely liamcool is the GF, I don't feel any problem with gorgon exploring the possibility if he feels it's an avenue worth persuing.
As for me, you critisied me for my narrow pursuit of Thanatos, yet you are just as narrow minded, if not more-so, in your pursuit of me, your just using less words than I did.
I am going to suggest having a read over the thread, pulling up some evidence, and presenting some theories to us. Hell, investigate me if you want, just do something more than pick apart individual posts.
Again, Nudude is trying to trade off his past behavior to clear himself. He supports an investigation that he feels unlikely and, finally, attacks his accusors for focusing on him. In short, he says "Go look at anyone else but me." That's scum talk.

I've posted recently on Nudude's more recent items, and they're mostly a continuation of the end of this. The inconsistencies in Nudude's stance on just about everything have officially put him over the top for me. Nudude, you accused us all of being unwilling to come out and formally accuse someone of being scum, for fear of looking scummy tomorrow. Well, here's what you asked for.

Nudude, you're scum. The first red flag was the fact that the only person you refused to spearhead an investigation on in day 2 was the one that turned up scum. The second was when you then attacked Thanatos, and nobody else that was a part of that 5-person lynch, for lynching him (though I agree that i would have liked to see it take longer). The third was when you refused to consider any of the several reasonable scum team composition scenarios that various members of the town put forward, so long as any of those spreads included a scum RBer.

You encourage discussion, so long as it's not about you. You oppose the prevailing thinking on Thanatos' role, whatever it may be, so long as it damns him to the noose. As suspicious as I was of Thanatos yesterday (and remember, I voted on him towards the end of the day with the intent of moving him towards a lynch), your dogged pursuit of him in the face of all logic and, dare I say, common sense defies explanation. Your logic is not only dangerous for yourself, but terrible for the town. I would go so far as to say that the only way that your logic makes any sense whatsoever is that you're scum.

On top of this persistent, bahavioral scumminess, you've made several slip-ups today that, to me, serve to highlight the dangerous logic, poor judgment, and suspicious calls for action that you've made the whole day through.

If anyone does not
wholeheartedly
agree with my logic on Nudude, I heartily encourage them to unvote
immediately
, and continue the town's discussion. I say this because 24 hours from right now, regardless of the vote count at that time, I will vote for Nudude.
Ha! I'm being snarky and condescending to you on an internet forum! Take that, some guy I'll never meet!
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Infinitive »

EBWOP: Umm... WTF?
Ha! I'm being snarky and condescending to you on an internet forum! Take that, some guy I'll never meet!
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Nudude »

To simply explain your post, I changed my theories to fit the facts. I sincerely hope town takes this it heart. You don't always get your first theory right, you have to be willing to accept that your wrong sometimes, admit it, then put up a new theory.

Once my pro - town role is revealed, it should be clear to everyone that it's extremely unlikely Than is a vig. I'm also glad of Infinitive's response. If it had been a victory cry, it would have meant there are three scum. It was a bit of a gamble, but he's just confirmed there's only two, and we know who they are.

GG scum.
Your absolutely right, I am crazy. I just got bored of normal, I'm harmless really =D
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Thanatos »

oh for fucks sake.
Unvote

Don't be an idiot.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by Nudude »

No need to be rude Than. It's hammer voting anyway, so your unvote won't stop it. A majority was reached with my vote, and as the rules clearly state, at any time a majority is reached, a lynch occurs.

In any case, Infinitive was going to vote for me in 24 hours. Is he an idiot too?

Don't feel so bad about it, you just happened to push the wagon on a pro - town role, just bad luck.
Your absolutely right, I am crazy. I just got bored of normal, I'm harmless really =D
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by liamcool »

Why don't / won't you roleclaim?
we cry under the sheltering sky
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:47 pm

Post by Nudude »

For the suspense! This is the last thing I get to do this game, so I'm milking it.

It's a self - indulgence on my part, sorry everyone.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Damn it. If I had realized it was L-1 I would have unvoted.

You IDIOT! If you actually pull this off and Martyr yourself, you will have singlehandedly destroied that town! You Basterd! Stop being so fucking self indulgiant and realize the simple remifications of you possibily being WRONG! You're being an Emo-brat about this, and have probaby ruined this game. You fail at being town. Horribly, horribly fail.

Fine...I need to think of what I'm going to do...there are a few things, here. They may decide to let me live, and furthermore, to dick with the town further...I'll tell the town what I'll do. They may likely kill me anyways, decide it's not worth it, or whatever...so...

If Nudude comes up scum, I'll kill Liam. Plain and simple. Unless he's the Godfather, which seems unlikely, in which case I'll go with infinitive, for some rather complex reasons.

If he's innocent, I'll kill infinitive. I have a hunch that could save this town, and, if I am still alive, will explain then.

With luck, all will be made clear. Nudude may have fucked us all over, be I, for one, will not go quietly.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:14 pm

Post by Nudude »

It's ironic you would call me an "Emo - brat" and then post that rant. Though it's understandable your trying to de - base my creditabilty.

C'mon Than, be civil eh?

Regardless of what you think of me, the simple fact is the odds are incredibly slim for there to be this many pro - town roles. Unless there was something you weren't telling us, in which case why did you push so hard for me to be a scum RB,
when you knew I was correct in thinking not all was as it seemed?

I'm also interested in what story you come up with to try get out of this, bearing in mind your scum buddy Infinitive's advice "Lynch all liars".
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:34 pm

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

I honestly don't think it would matter if Nudude did claim now. He's exactly right, but he's going about it really retarded like. The bottom line is, it didn't save DT, there is no reason why it should save him. I personally think he's lying, trying to test us, but.....whatever.

Alright well..since the day is technically over, just thought I would let every one know that my internet is getting turned off Feb 1st. Hopefully, I will still have access through my mother's laptop (her internet is different than mine) but...she's weird so...we'll see.

I waited to tell becuse I thought that if I did, scum (Nudude specifically) would push the day longer as a means of forcing me to ask to get replaced, to get rid of me. I don't know...my logic is twisted. Apparently I think I'm a lot more important than I really am. So.....anyway...yeah...

If Nudude is town and Than dies during the night, I suppose I shall go after Liam. If Nudude is scum and Than dies during the night, I shall go after Gorgon. If Than servives the night.....I will probably go after him.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Infinitive »

/sigh.

Well, this is a wonderful way to end day 3. No scum would hammer vote himself, because he's come up scum. Barring some weird role rule where Nudude's vote on himself doesn't count, he's a dead man. I guess we'll see how he comes up, but him voting for himself, while stupid as hell, means he's likely town, regardless of whatever evidence I've amassed.

And yes, I spearheaded this investigation. If Nudude comes up town, I most certainly deserve a long and thorough investigation, as I will have been a part of two bad lynches at that point (again, presuming Nudude is town).

As a note , Than, if you target me for a NK, I'm pretty sure you won't get RB'd.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:56 am

Meh...a scum voted himself in one of my games. It's not completely unlikely.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:24 am

Post by Nudude »

Even in the face of over - whelming evidence, you still hold to the belief I'm scum. Can you honestly say you were open - minded in your assesment of me? This is the biggest thing a player can do to prove they're pro - town, bar nothing. What could I have possibly said or done to have changed your mind if even this isn't enough? Do you feel you were being fair to me?

Just some food for thought DLS, make of it what you will.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:18 am

I didn't say anything about you. All I said is that I have seen it happen before. Granted the situation was different, but...the point is that it happaned. Now your like.....trying to get a rise out of me or something retarded. What do you want an apology? You did stupid, suspicious shit. If you come up town, it's your fault that you got lynched in the first place. And no, there isn't anything you can say to me to make me change my mind, and I'm not going to feel bad if you come up town. Aside from the fact that there is very little I can do about it now anyway. And exactly what over-whelming evidence are we talking about? The part where you hammered yourself? I don't buy it for a second. You knew you're lynch was inevitable. It works out that you hammer yourself and try to put us all in a state of panic before your allignment comes up. Unfortunatly, I am not in the mood to be munipulated.

And no.....I don't think I'm being as fair as I possibly could, but I wasn't really all that fair when I voted DS, and neither of you were fair when you voted me. I'm not saying that in an 'eye for an eye' type manor, just pointing out how stupid your question is. Don't try to evoke my sympathy, I don't have any right now.
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Numenorean7 »

As the day goes on, Nudude falls under increasing suspicion. As his continued arguments against Thanatos go unheard, he begins to despair. Finally, he leaps up onto the scaffold, puts the noose around his own neck, and jumps....

As you search his home, you find several Masonic emblems, as well as the remains of a number of night communications which had fallen out of the fire. Unfortunately, these are written in an undecipherable code, so you cannot determine who his Mason Partner was.

Nudude, MASON, has been lynched.

Final Vote Count

Nudude (4) - Thanatos, CoolBot, Dark_Lady_Shaiann, Nudude

liamcool (1) - Gorgon

Not Voting (2) - liamcool, Infinitive

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Night choices due 72 hours from this post:
February 1 at 8:50am PST (4:50pm GMT)
If you need more time, I'll extend the night for up to 24 hours.
Political Correctness offends me.
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Numenorean7 »

When the pitifully small remnant of this once thriving town gathers together, no one is surprised when Thanatos does not show up. You waste quite a while combing the streets, and someone finally has the bright idea to check his apartment. When you go into his room, you find a large case of guns and a formidable collection of James Bond books. Apparently Thanatos was indeed a vigilante.

You find Thanatos sitting dead at his table, a half-finished meal in front of him and a glass smashed on the floor where it had fallen from his hand. It appears that his food had been drugged to prevent him from carrying out his night action. There is also a bullet hole in the back of his head, fired from a gun at point-blank range.

Thanatos, VIGILANTE, killed N3.

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Political Correctness offends me.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Thanatos »

Told you so.

I was roleblocked. I couldn't kill him, after all...hmm...

Good luck, town. Farewell! Fare welll!
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:49 am

Well.....ok. So Nudude wasn't milking his exit, he just wasn't allowed to tell us (says wiki). Hm. This leads me to a question: Since he was a mason, that means there should be another one, right? Wiki says that they come in groups and if that be the case I think I have an idea of who it might be. Either way, like I said earlier, since Nudude is town, and Thanatos is dead, I am more inclined to believe the Liam=Godfather claim.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Infinitive »

Well... back.

Okay, feel free to investigate away at me to your collective hearts' content. I was part of two bad lynches, and I suppose that I deserve a good looking-at. Regardless, here's some quick thoughts on the surviving town:

We know that there's 1 other mason out there, guaranteed. We're also pretty sure that there are two scum players out there. As such, I propose something: no voting on anyone until we're good and sure; we are now at the point that an incautious vote could end the game. We also have a substantial amount of new, confirmed information from the parts of Thanatos and Nudude that we can sift through. Let's do so, and try to think this through.

Yes, I realize that both of those two's general opinions of me will be fairly damning. I don't care. We're in a tight spot, and I still want to win this if I can. I'm going to think for a little bit and see if I can figure out a decent strategy to run with for the day.

Note: Personally, I'm thinking that the odds on Liam being GF are getting pretty high here. If I
had
to lay money right now, I'd say Gorgon and DS, but I'm not sure of either.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Infinitive »

Okay, this idea came to me a little quicker than I expected. Before I begin, I'd like to say PLEASE DON'T ACT ON IT UNTIL WE'VE ALL HAD A CHANCE TO DISCUSS IT!

So, here's what we know for facts: there are two scum players alive. One of them is a roleblocker. We know this because Thanatos, a Vig, was both roleblocked and nightkilled last night; I'm pretty sure that a RBer can't both RB and NK in one night; if I'm wrong, please tell me and this can go back into the wishy-washy column.

We also know that there is at least 1 Mason left out there. I would think it unlikely that there'd be a mason group 3 strong in a 12-person game, because then they'd be as powerful a collective voting block as the scum. If anyone else thinks it likely that there is more than one mason left alive, speak up; this plan/idea will not work if there is more than one surviving mason. I'll go into why in a bit.

Okay, here's the idea: first, we have the one remaining mason claim, since their special ability is null without their partner. If there is no counterclaim, we know that that person is town, and our blind lynch odds against everyone else are back to 50/50, which we can then narrow by careful investigation. If there IS a counterclaim, we're also sitting on 50/50 blind lynch odds which, again, we can narrow through investigation. Either way, we're ought to be better off, if only slightly (current blind lynch odds are 40%).

To break a possible counterclaim we could, as long as that's allowable by the mod rules, have the claimants post the previous night conversations that they had had with Nudude. Again, there would be close scrutiny of that information against what Nudude had posted previously, and against his writing style.

The problem here is that if anyone thinks it's likely that there are two masons left, we could end up in a situation where someone claims mason honestly and then both scum players claim mason; it's theoretically possible that there are two masons left alive in the town which, unfortunately, matches the scum's team size perfectly. For the moment, I can't really think of a good way out of this contingency, which is one reason that I'm presenting it to the town. Any ideas?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:23 am

Post by CoolBot »

DS? Do you mean LDS?

If the RB is scum, it looks pretty certain that Infinitive is scum. If there are two scum - as seems likely - and Infinitive is not one of them, then they would've let Thanatos's kill go through, living us at 2v2 and being a scum win. But if Infinitive is one of them, they'd have to block him.

If the RB is town, none of this is true, though. So I think we need to figure out the alignment of the RB first thing. Unfortunately, the only other block we know of - Night 3 on Thanatos - makes sense from the perspective of both town and scum. He was an unknown power role and there was a second killer; either one would've blocked him.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:32 am

Post by CoolBot »

I doubt there are two masons left, and from Nudude's posts Day 3, I think I have a pretty solid idea who the remaining one is. Scum probably do too, so I'm not sure having the mason claim helps things that much. I don't really see it hurting, though.
Infinitive wrote:So, here's what we know for facts: there are two scum players alive. One of them is a roleblocker. We know this because Thanatos, a Vig, was both roleblocked and nightkilled last night;
I'm pretty sure that a RBer can't both RB and NK in one night
; if I'm wrong, please tell me and this can go back into the wishy-washy column.
This, I think, could be a slip - especially the bolded part. A town RB could block Infinitive the same night scum kill him. This would be pretty likely, in fact, if Infinitive was the RB. And since a wrong kill by Thanatos would probably hand the game to scum, any town blocker would have a good reason to block him. Why does Infinitive throw this possibility out without any reasoning?
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Infinitive »

@ Coolbot- Because the primer said that special roles can only take one action in a given night, even if they have more than one available to them? As i recall, there was even a little flash movie, with characters that looked like they were used from the Madness flash animation series.

Secondly, Coolbot, I will concede the possibility that the RBer is town. However, I offer this counter-proposal: if the town has an RBer, what do the scum get to balance that out? If the RBer is town, and we know one of the scum players was thug, that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for reasonable power roles left for the scum side. Further, it makes for a very, very powerful town- 1 cop, 1 doc, 1 vig, 1 RBer, and 2 masons? That would leave a grand total of 3 vanilla townies and would, I'm pretty sure, leave only 1 alive today.

As an afterthought, if Coolbot's thinking on the RBer is correct (it could be either town or scum), I'm not sure that it would actually
matter
at this point, as the only active role left is scum and RBer in any case, which severely limits the RBer's ability to affect anything anymore.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”