Newbie 1785 - Alphabet | OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

OK I'm going to respond to sens questions.
#1 I didn't think there was any town motivation in what you were doing but nobody else was voting you. I was quick to vote scottie after his claim which was apparently scummy because you are supposed to wait for a counter claim. Since I am learning as I go this game I obviously didn't know waiting for a cc was the right play. Because of how my vote on scottie was perceived I did not want to vote you because nobody else was voting you and I didn't want to jump ahead and make another scummy decision based on my lack of experience. Based on Rinlos actions and lack of play I was more confident in my read on him rather than you which is why I voted Rinlo not you.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

#2 RC is my strongest town read and at the beginning of the game his "God complex" that he stated annoyed me and came off as arrogant but he read scottie as town the whole game without much explanation. Since scottie claimed I think if anything RC's reads should be given some credibility.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In #3 it seems you're implying RC is scum. If that's the case why didn't he kill scottie on the 1st night? He's the only one that strongly defended scottie in day 1 who just so happened to claim tracker. There's been no cc so we're left to believe scottie is the tracker. Wouldn't RC just let scottie be lynched if he read his play as a PR and RC was scum?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 543, MortFeld wrote:That's not the point but I don't think I can ever get on the same plane as you so whatever
#4 this was in response to an explanation of my own thought process. I'm doing my best to come up with my own thoughts but so far every time I do it seems I cause a lot of confusion because of my lack of experience. It seems that sheeping is the best way for me to help find scum right now. Confusion does nothing but help scum and hurt town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

wait when i'm more consistently right than other people my reads should be given some sway? what a novel concept
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 702, Tchill13 wrote:In #3 it seems you're implying RC is scum. If that's the case why didn't he kill scottie on the 1st night? He's the only one that strongly defended scottie in day 1 who just so happened to claim tracker. There's been no cc so we're left to believe scottie is the tracker. Wouldn't RC just let scottie be lynched if he read his play as a PR and RC was scum?
So in your mind because RC defended someone who was Town D1 and then that person was not NK'd, RC is confirmed Town the rest of the way?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:35 pm

In post 705, SensFan wrote:
In post 702, Tchill13 wrote:In #3 it seems you're implying RC is scum. If that's the case why didn't he kill scottie on the 1st night? He's the only one that strongly defended scottie in day 1 who just so happened to claim tracker. There's been no cc so we're left to believe scottie is the tracker. Wouldn't RC just let scottie be lynched if he read his play as a PR and RC was scum?
So in your mind because RC defended someone who was Town D1 and then that person was not NK'd, RC is confirmed Town the rest of the way?
no in his mind there's clear town motivation in hard defending the town tracker instead of letting town lynch the town tracker and it's pretty manipulative of you to word this in that way
your spin on it is clearly not the intent of the original post and if you were being objective you would see that. right now I feel like you're either scum or seriously confbiased because of everyone not agreeing with your views and you're making things hard atm
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 706, RadiantCowbells wrote:
no in his mind there's clear town motivation in hard defending the town tracker instead of letting town lynch the town tracker and it's pretty manipulative of you to word this in that way
your spin on it is clearly not the intent of the original post and if you were being objective you would see that. right now I feel like you're either scum or seriously confbiased because of everyone not agreeing with your views and you're making things hard atm
I don't even think you're necessarily Scum. I just think that given the situation: "RC is the only one on an island that scottie is Town, scottie turns out to be Town", my immediate first thought is "Does RC know scottie is Town?" and not "I should trust all of RC's reads from now on."
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:43 pm

when you're referring to a player like me whose reads are usually both unpopular and pretty fucking dead on, especially when it comes to my ability to read newbies, I think his reaction is perfectly fair
scottiedog3
scottiedog3
Townie
scottiedog3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:54 am

Post by scottiedog3 »

In post 695, Charloux wrote:
In post 688, scottiedog3 wrote:
In post 686, Charloux wrote:True, i won't hammer anybody till the last minute regardless of my alignment. Still think it's RC.
Talk to me about RC Charloux, any evidence or posts that are bugging you?
Piled up 5 possible lynches with minimum explanation provided, and the only townread he had was you before you claimed. But it's just me who finds this alarming it seems.
That's some serious shade to throw without evidence, what posts make you think this?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:10 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 697, RadiantCowbells wrote:Huntress if you're town I'm pretty sure you know just how awful a Tchill hammer would be. Charloux has been in your lynchpool and fypov should be literally the only good candidate for scum with Rinlo.

I will be interpreting you not voting Charloux here as you being scum who wants to rely on townbeard!Sensfan to hand you the win.
That's why I switched from Tchill to Rinlo and I'm sticking with that vote unless I see good reason to change. Yes, I think Charloux is the other half of the pair. I said as much in . Why do you suddenly not want to vote for Rinlo?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:30 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 709, scottiedog3 wrote:
In post 695, Charloux wrote:
In post 688, scottiedog3 wrote:
In post 686, Charloux wrote:True, i won't hammer anybody till the last minute regardless of my alignment. Still think it's RC.
Talk to me about RC Charloux, any evidence or posts that are bugging you?
Piled up 5 possible lynches with minimum explanation provided, and the only townread he had was you before you claimed. But it's just me who finds this alarming it seems.
That's some serious shade to throw without evidence, what posts make you think this?
Summarized impression of his current standing as a whole.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I'm not sure if sens is saying he doesn't think I'm necessarily scum or he's saying he doesn't think RC is necessarily scum but that does make me wonder who his top scum reads are.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:49 am

Post by SensFan »

Where in the actual hell did you dig up the thought I don't think you're Scum?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 707, SensFan wrote:
In post 706, RadiantCowbells wrote:
I don't even think you're necessarily Scum. I just think that given the situation: "RC is the only one on an island that scottie is Town, scottie turns out to be Town", my immediate first thought is "Does RC know scottie is Town?" and not "I should trust all of RC's reads from now on."
I didn't know if the you're was referring to RC or me. Apparently RC.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 pm

In post 710, Huntress wrote:
In post 697, RadiantCowbells wrote:Huntress if you're town I'm pretty sure you know just how awful a Tchill hammer would be. Charloux has been in your lynchpool and fypov should be literally the only good candidate for scum with Rinlo.

I will be interpreting you not voting Charloux here as you being scum who wants to rely on townbeard!Sensfan to hand you the win.
That's why I switched from Tchill to Rinlo and I'm sticking with that vote unless I see good reason to change. Yes, I think Charloux is the other half of the pair. I said as much in . Why do you suddenly not want to vote for Rinlo?
Because I don't have you as locktown and if you're scum then your scumpartner is Charloux and not Rinlo.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:45 pm

From your point of view both of them are scum so you should not hesitate to lynch Charloux, no?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Let's be totally clear: you have expre

If you're scum with Charloux you can just bus and I'll let it go later ;)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:49 pm

You have expressed only one scumteam and you have treated me this whole game like locktown so I would find it really bizarre if you thought I was scum for switching from Rinlo to Charloux.
Huntress I'm not sure if it was in that game where you were both scum. Or the game where I mislynched you and got my first newbie loss. Idk. But I love you. Let's lynch Charloux together. <3
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Post by Transcend »

VC 2.3L-2!!! Rinlo (2) Tchill13 , Huntress
L-2!!! Tchill13 (2) SensFan , Rinlo
Charloux (1) RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells (1) Charloux

Not Voting (1) scottiedog3

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required to achieve a lynch!

You have (expired on 2017-04-29 06:00:00) until deadline
Rinlo
Rinlo
Goon
Rinlo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 am

Post by Rinlo »

I don't see a reason to switch my vote to Charloux right now.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:22 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I'm not sure why rc believes that if huntress is scum then charloux is his scum partner... Do you usually wait until day 3 to start guessing scum pairs or does it usually start as early as day 2?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:46 am

In post 720, Rinlo wrote:I don't see a reason to switch my vote to Charloux right now.
Why do you think Tchill is scum?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:56 am

Complain that I'm god complexing or not I'm pretty damn consistent at reading newbies and I correctly townread Scotty.
There's a clear pattern in this game of town focusing on people for being anti-town or doing 'weird' shit as opposed to doing blatantly 'scummy' shit. StoneCold's predecessor was weird, not scummy.
Scotty's behaviour was more weird than scummy, even with the quickhammer is more anti-town. Tchill has been inarguably very anti-town but that doesn't make them a scum slot.

Even Rinlo while I have some serious questions and definitely think that they're in contention to be scum definitely leans more to the 'weird and somewhat different from previous game' than 'guaranteed scum'.

Huntress, you are online but you have not done anything here and when you've been specifically called out to do something that makes me =\

Sens jumping on newbies for not answering your questions is even worse than jumping on experienced players for not answering your questions and he even answered them. Come be useful and vote Charloux.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 718, RadiantCowbells wrote:You have expressed only one scumteam and you have treated me this whole game like locktown so I would find it really bizarre if you thought I was scum for switching from Rinlo to Charloux.
Huntress I'm not sure if it was in that game where you were both scum. Or the game where I mislynched you and got my first newbie loss. Idk. But I love you. Let's lynch Charloux together. <3
I'm sure I've mention at least a couple of times that I could see you as Aurin/Rinlo's partner. Yes, it's much less likely than Rinlo/Charloux but it's still a possibility. And now you're making me even more wary of you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”