Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

RossWilliam wrote:I think I have every right to take Sarc seriously when he is fifth vote on my bandwagon. I think even though I messed up, five votes is too much for what I did. and neither Sarc or Pooky have given me reasons that I can defend myself against. It's only logical that i'm frusterated.
you messed up?
please elaborate.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Wait

so you know you messed up, so you know what we are voting you for, but you also have nothing to defend against?

am i reading that sentence correctly?

Also when you say 5 votes is too much, how many votes do you think you should get for what you did?

why that many?
wolfcrier
wolfcrier
Townie
wolfcrier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by wolfcrier »

petroleumjelly wrote:Masons are town, unless otherwise stated.

Scum

wolfcrier
RossWilliam
Monkey

Vote: wolfcrier
Besides the fact that I said mith was scummy WHICH I CORRECTED why am I up there?
hasdgfas wrote:Hallelujah, Amen?

vote: wolfcrier
Is this strictly bandwagon or do you have your own theorys on me? If you do please exaserbate (not sure on spelling)
RossWilliam wrote:I actually don't really know. Sheepish answer, I know. But it would feel iffy voting him before he even posted in the new day.
Wow. What kinda crap is that?

VOTE: RossWilliam
Captain Bandwagon
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Captain Bandwagon »

Moving in is harder than I realized, will post soon. I can't wait to share my insights on recent events and unfoldings.
[i]"... give us this day, our daily bandwagon, and forgive us our trespasses, as we bandwagon those who trespass against us..."[/i]

- Excerpt from The Bandwagoner's Prayer
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

460, 424
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by Thesp »

Official D2 Vote Count

Note:
Cult of the Couch Members:
1 (tyhess)

wolfcrier - 1
(hasdgfas)
RossWilliam - 5
(petroleumjelly, PookyTheMagicalBear, Sarcastro, al_kohaulec, Battle Mage)
Monkey - 1
(Holy)
Sarastro - 1
(MeMe)

Not Voting - 10
(Talitha, QuickBen, curiouskarmadog, Captain Bandwagon,
Cult of the Couch (1)
, Iammars, Mastermind of Sin, wolfcrier, Monkey, RossWilliam)

With 18 alive, it's 10 to lynch.
Last edited by Thesp on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I think RossWilliam is making some rookie mistakes, but I think they are
protown
rookie mistakes. At least he's being honest with his thoughts, even when they don't make sense.

I think Holy brings up a good point about Monkey. His post voting Greasy Spot seemed like an overjustification to me. It's like he was trying to pile on as many reasons for voting as he could think of that applied, even remotely, to Greasy Spot.

Vote: Monkey
Permanent V/LA.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

umm, MoS care to explain what are protown about Ross's mistakes?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

I messed up by being willing to get behind a wolfcrier bandwagon without having much original reasons of my own. Then when confronted about why I'd be willing to join said bandwagon, I ended up with my foot in my mouth. I goofed, yes, but six votes is a lot.

And pooky, I'm not gonna play games with you. I'm not going to name a specific number. If you want to have fun with me by trying to make me look stupid, it's not gonna work.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Iammars »

The only thing I see about is the fact that he was encouraging someone to break his post restriction, but in that case, it doesn't seem that bad, seeing as hasdgfas was being kinda unhelpful with explanations.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

RossWilliam, would you have made that exact same post if my first post of Day Two had been only:
Modified Post wrote:
Vote: wolfcrier
... with no mention of any other players?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

I honestly don't know. I probably would have waited a little bit to see if i could find a proper reason to join the bandwagon, and if I couldn't, then I wouldn't. The accusation against me made me act a little bit faster then I should have, and I obviously hadn't given it enough thought to back it up. But who knows.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

If I had voted for Monkey instead of wolfcrier, what (to the best you can speculate) would you have said?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Is this vote still paired with your total scum list? Because if that's the case I would have probably echoed some good point somewhere that someone else made about Monkey. Like I said, I didn't think it through. I probably would have behaved similary. You may perceive this as scummy behavior, that's up to you, but at this point I think the best thing for me to do is just be honest regardless of consequence. Cutting corners certainly got me in a hole.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

To clarify, I was just following Pooky because Pooky is smart and bandwagons are fun. I still haven't finished reading, unfortunately, because I've had a very busy weekend. For the record, I'm not a huge fan of RossWilliam's "FoS" response. If you're going to go OMGUS, you should go all out. An FoS is just plain wimpy.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

RossWilliam wrote:Is this vote still paired with your total scum list? Because if that's the case I would have probably echoed some good point somewhere that someone else made about Monkey. Like I said, I didn't think it through. I probably would have behaved similary. You may perceive this as scummy behavior, that's up to you, but at this point I think the best thing for me to do is just be honest regardless of consequence. Cutting corners certainly got me in a hole.
A few more clarifications and questions, then (and this is by no means saying I will not have any more after this).

1.)
Can I conclude correctly that you would have found a reason to vote most anyone I happened to vote at the beginning of Day Two (besides a vote on yourself)?

-->
1a.)
If you answered "yes", why is that? Have you found me particularly town, or is it something else?
-->
1b.)
Are you the type of player who votes based on other players' votes?
-->
1c.)
Do you consider yourself a bandwagoner?

2.)
What do you think of Quickben?

3.)
Are you actually interested in hunting for scum? If so, please show me an example in the game where you believe you have honestly made an effort to catch scum.

Note: The longer your response, the better it is for me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I think RossWilliam is making some rookie mistakes, but I think they are
protown
rookie mistakes. At least he's being honest with his thoughts, even when they don't make sense.

I think Holy brings up a good point about Monkey. His post voting Greasy Spot seemed like an overjustification to me. It's like he was trying to pile on as many reasons for voting as he could think of that applied, even remotely, to Greasy Spot.

Vote: Monkey
This gives me bad vibes. I'd hate to lynch another immensely scummy player, who turns out to just be a new townie who cracked under pressure.

@Post 539- *cough*Jester*cough*
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Monkey »

Vote: Sarcastro
cause leaving a vote on someone when you're not even finished reading just seems to open a window for you to say later, Oh I didn't know that so and so was that close to a lynch.

To defend myself with my reasonings to vote greasy spot, I don't believe that's something out of the norm for myself to do. I like to make sure it's known why I'm voting for someone, and I'd still be getting pointed at today more then likely if I only used one reason I'm sure.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:26 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

He isn't close to lynch

what are you talking about..
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Monkey wrote:
Vote: Sarcastro
cause leaving a vote on someone when you're not even finished reading just seems to open a window for you to say later, Oh I didn't know that so and so was that close to a lynch.

To defend myself with my reasonings to vote greasy spot, I don't believe that's something out of the norm for myself to do. I like to make sure it's known why I'm voting for someone, and I'd still be getting pointed at today more then likely if I only used one reason I'm sure.
Monkey, who do you think is most likely to be the Jester at this point?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:36 am

Post by Monkey »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:He isn't close to lynch

what are you talking about..
For general purposes he seems to be reading, but acting as though he isn't. I don't think that Ross is close to a lynch necessarily, but he is our lead bandwagon for now.
Battle Mage wrote:Monkey, who do you think is most likely to be the Jester at this point?

BM
I can't say that anyone has struck me as of yet, and my vote isn't going to lynch him, I just want my vote there for the record for now. Yes I know that you believe that he's the jester Battle Mage, but I'm not in agreement with that belief just yet.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Monkey, are you an alt?
if so, do you have a meta on Sarc?
Much as it is the case that few people like or respect him, it is also the case that he is a fairly good player, and certainly puts effort into these games. I find it very hard to see him as scum atm, UNLESS he is bluffing Jester.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:54 am

Post by RossWilliam »

PJ -
1.) Can I conclude correctly that you would have found a reason to vote most anyone I happened to vote at the beginning of Day Two (besides a vote on yourself)?
Maybe. Probably not. If it was someone who was totally out of the blue, I would i have realized I would look like a total tool following you and kept it to myself. But anyone with some degree of suspicion on them, yes
-->1a.) If you answered "yes", why is that? Have you found me particularly town, or is it something else?
I do find you town enough, and you come off like you know what your doing. But it's not especially you, I probably would have acted the same if it was any experianced player who made the post. Your someone that other people in the game would follow, and you were calling me suspicious. It would have to be someone of equal par to that. So if it was greasy spot making the post, then I would have stayed clear away.
-->1b.) Are you the type of player who votes based on other players' votes?
Not always, I will usually try to find my own opinions. But when I feel like I'm at stake, I have a bad tendacy to act too fast, and take the easy route out.
-->1c.) Do you consider yourself a bandwagoner?
I'd like to say no because of all the negative stigma associated with the term, but like I said before, I cut corners sometimes. I suppose that technically I am a bandwagoner, but only when I'm rushing, or lazy.
2.) What do you think of Quickben?
I'll admit, i haven't been paying him much attention, but I went back an gathered all his posts for review. I agree completely with his points about tyhess's cult, back in the early game when he was barely noticed. Then he got a bit contradictory when he made his dual accusation against BM and GS (who were vehemently anti-jester intrigue), while at the same time chastizing the rest of the town for being preoccupied with all the jester intrigue. It could be interperated that he was bandwagoning there, but at the same time, he voted for neither BM or GS. so I don't know. a couple pages later he started his real fued with BM, with his amusing kid's birthday party post. 388. BM responded, and I have to be honest, most of it goes over my head. Pooky makes more sense of it afterwards though. QuickBen confirms his apathy about the whole jester thing. then wooosh, greasy spot is lynched, mith and dani night killed, and we're at day two. He has yet to post today.

So in conclusion, I definately think he has done some sketchy things. The pro-jester/anti-jester contradiction with GS and BM sticks out the most. I'll keep on eye on him, and I'm glad you got me to read up on him, but for now I don't have enough to vote for him or anything like that.
3.) Are you actually interested in hunting for scum? If so, please show me an example in the game where you believe you have honestly made an effort to catch scum.
Yes, I am interested in hunting scum. But other than pressuring has to break his post restriction, I haven't done much yet. I'm still a relatively inexperianced player, and I've found I have a hard time reading someone's posts and analyzing their alleigance from it. I'm working on it, but to really be able to do that flawlessly comes with playing tonnes and tonnes and mafia games. I have not yet completed a game. However, I am going to do my best to retain objectivity, and every experiance in these games, including this one, puts me on the path towards being a much better, smoothly player. I'm in my awkward teen stages of mafia, if you will. Just gotta wait til the zits go away and my voice stops changing.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:13 am

Post by hasdgfas »

great analogy :lol:
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Battle Mage wrote:Much as it is the case that few people like or respect him, it is also the case that he is a fairly good player, and certainly puts effort into these games. I find it very hard to see him as scum atm, UNLESS he is bluffing Jester.
As expected as that (untrue) insult is, I'm rather pleasantly surprised by the rest of your statement. Thanks, BM.

I wish I were the Jester, but no, I'm not. You'd know if I were the Jester, though, because I would have won already.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”