Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Just because you preface something with 'I know this will sound scummy, but," doesn't make that sound better. It's sorta like saying, "I'm not a racist, but..." That never ends well.

TAr, I'd be very wary of revealing any information unless you think it is absolutely necessary.
In Tartiflette We Trust
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

neko2086 wrote:Just because you preface something with 'I know this will sound scummy, but," doesn't make that sound better. It's sorta like saying, "I'm not a racist, but..."
I guess it's
sorta
like saying it, but in reality it's not. At all.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by soupfly »

Tarhalindur wrote:As an aside, the reason I claimed as quickly as I did was because mikeburnfire and soupfly (two of my top suspects at this point) both responded to my vote by attacking me (CLASSIC SCUM REACTION). That's pretty damn informative, IMO.
so your basic reason for suspecting me boils down to OMGUS? ever stop and think that the way you "locked on" to meme was pretty strange from a townie's point of view? nobody had been suspecting her and then all of a sudden you're pushing for the lynching without any real explanation. sorry but "After last night, I'm pretty damn sure that the Arakorn wagon was a scumwagon." is not sufficient explanation for locking onto a player.

so before you go about claiming that my actions are scummy you need to assess your own play which was less than stellar. when you're the cop and you know somebody is scum then at least try and be a bit more subtle and put together some plausible reason why that person's play indicates they are scum because otherwise a townie will just see it as an attempt to lynch based on craplogic.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:25 am

Post by neko2086 »

Soupfly, I would agree with you except that he did explain himself eventually, whereas mike was voting on "bad vibes" and you were voting on "gut" that happened to agree with Mike. In my eyes, you're now trying to deflect suspicion from your own play.

I will agree, however, that it would have been nice to have gotten more discussion before the claim, but I do feel that yours and Mike's reactions are rather suspect. It's not so much the fact that you voted for him, since I would have voted him too if he hadn't addressed my concerns, but rather it's
how
you voted for him. Neither of you gave him a chance to explain himself, and neither of you provided any reasoning.

And Mike, it is, actually. Prefacing something with "I know this will sound scummy, but," sounds like a major cop-out to me.

I'm reserving judgment on you two, though, until we get everyone in on discussion here. Night should be coming soon anyway.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

MeMe is dead. I don't have the time to write out fluff atm; she was SCUM anyway.

I am at V/LA until next monday at the earliest, sadly.

Please get night choices to me in that time so we can start d2 as soon as I am back.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:48 am

Day Dawns....

Everyone wants to lynch the last scum. Tarhalindur comes in by bus, Pra drives in by car, Javert rides a horse, and mikeburnfire comes on a unicycle*. Everyone's desperte to be here!

But will they manage to kill the last scum today..?

* Neko rode a giant fish, but nobody noticed that.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:49 am

Jenter Brolincani wrote:Day Dawns....

Everyone wants to lynch the last scum. Tarhalindur comes in by bus, Pra drives in by car, Javert rides a horse, and mikeburnfire comes on a unicycle*. Everyone's desperte to be here!

Nobody died overnight.

* Neko rode a giant fish, but nobody noticed that.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:10 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Nice.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

The bad news: I was roleblocked last night.

The good news: My mason partner told me a very interesting piece of information that I want to follow up on.

Soupfly, you need to fullclaim.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:17 am

Post by soupfly »

who did you investigate last night tar?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

soupfly wrote:who did you investigate last night tar?
Irrelevant. Claim or die.
User out of ambit.

Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Javert »

Dismounts from high horse, and brushes off epaulets casually.

Well, with a lack of a nightkill the we now have
four
lynches instead of simply
three
, so if we are dealing with a mafia group of three then I imagine it would be incredibly difficult to lose this game.

I will note offhand that there is a slight possibility we have eliminated the mafia, and could be dealing with some other scum group, such as a Cult. If that were the case, however, I would think the game to be practically lost given that a Cult would have had two chances to recruit by now, and the only thing which could possibly save us in that situation would be if the leader had failed to recruit (by being role-blocked, or trying to recruit some other type of scum).

However, I will at this time play as if there were a third mafiate, since that seems the most likely of the two scenarios. I will try to read the thread over again and see if there are not people who have connections to both Dead Rikimaru and MeMe.
"I was born with scum like you."
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
Townie
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien »

So what does it mean that no one was killed? Does this mean that we are to conclude that the mafia hit failed?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Soupfly fullclaim first, talk about everything else later. Kai?
User out of ambit.

neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Jenter says
But apparently soupfly has something he ought to reveal. When people were bandwagonning him earlier, he threatened to claim, though I wasn't sure if he really had anything to claim.
In Tartiflette We Trust
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by soupfly »

i'm afraid that i'd accidentally roleblocked tar last night...was afraid of that. damn! tar coming in on a bus was my doing. don't worry though, i'm a townie and i'll do a full claim when i get to the office in a bit.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:21 pm

Post by soupfly »

claim: Inventor

basically i invent stuff (which I'm not sure what they do) and then i get to use them at night. i started off with three inventions of which i used one on N1 after which i got a replacement invention so that i had two of the original plus a new one to choose from on N2.

So for N1 I had:

Today you have made;

A
forged money printer
, choose whose house to put it outside.

OR

A
bus
, choose who to drive out of town for the night.

OR

A
large object which looks vaguely like a trumpet with electronic bellows
. Choose whose house to wind it outside.

i figured that the first one was a method to investigate other players, that the second one was a way to protect players and that the third was a way to role block.

in any case
on N1 i used the forged money printer on neko
because of the suspicion i had on him from day one. nothing happened (neko went home and stayed in bed) so i'm assuming that neko is town.

for N2 i had a
Rocket of Death
which i could fire at someone's house. knowing that tar was a cop, i tried to protect him so i used
the bus on Tar on N2
. i started getting worried that the trumpet with bellows may be some sort of alarm and could be the protection instead but i stuck with bus and i'm afraid that that may have been the roleblock. it could be that the bus did indeed protect him and that scum roleblocked him but at the moment i have no way to be sure of it. only if there is another doc out there can we know for sure, but i don't think they need to claim for that that.

the reason i was so sure of tar's claim the first day was because it was a non-conventional role such as my own. he's a mason/doc and i'm a semi cop/doc/roleblocker/vig.

so why the aggressive stance towards me Tar?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:48 am

Post by soupfly »

Tarhalindur wrote:
soupfly wrote:who did you investigate last night tar?
Irrelevant. Claim or die.
btw tar, i wrote the above before i saw your post about being roleblocked. note that we posted at the same exact time.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

It's time to come clean on my end.

I was gambiting. There was no "interesting piece of information from my mason partner". The real reason why I came down so hard on you, soupfly, is because Jenter explicitly told me that you were responsible for roleblocking me last night using a bus (either a side-effect of your role or yet another, previously unknown ability of my Overpowered Role of Investigative Brokenness (tm)), and I was trying to draw out a claim that would be inconsistent with my knowledge that you roleblocked me last night (which would have pretty much nailed you as Mafia Roleblocker).

I'm leaning towards believing Soupfly's claim (or at least letting him live for a bit). If Neko can confirm receiving (or at least being offered) a money forging machine N1 then I will consider soupfly pretty-much-confirmed town.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

EPWOP: As a side note, now that Soupfly has claimed, I might as well reveal my target last night: mikeburnfire.
User out of ambit.

soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:41 am

Post by soupfly »

not sure if neko can confirm because of the nature of the play that night. the result of that night's action:

An amazing amount of not much happens. neko stays in bed. You go home at dawn after watching the printer for 12 hours. That was pointless...

the good news is that there's a doctor out there that managed to protect tar. or maybe my bus had the dual role of protecting and role blocking since they could hardly kill tar if he was out of town all night. i analyzed to death the pro's and con's of going bus vs. trumpet last night. in the end i told myself that scum couldn't harm tar if he was out of town.

tar, do you know if you got a doc's protection last night?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:18 am

Post by neko2086 »

Actually, I did receive a pm from Jenter saying something like I wake up and find a counterfeit money printer outside my house and I put it in my shed. I almost said something about it, but I figured it was just a really strange way to say "it's now D2."
In Tartiflette We Trust
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:28 am

Post by gorckat »

mikeburnfire and Arakorn, by a quick skim, are at the top of my list. Srakorn was really worried about MeMe's self-vote counting, and mike didn't make any case on Tar before flipping on MeMe.

I like a
vote: Arakorn
right now.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:22 am

Post by neko2086 »

I need to reread before I make any decisions, but I'm leaning toward mike atm.

BTW, did anyone figure this stuff out?
Hope this is clear -- don't act until you've talked it out, please!

M1: rudni
M2: rudni+
S: nk

bump merge to 3 (think).
Is it worth discussing? rudni is tarhal
indur
, and he was obviously going to be the nk target (though that's not 100% for certain I guess since nobody died).
In Tartiflette We Trust
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:34 am

Except for the fact that Soupfly has now posted either real or faked (and I won't confirm which) mod PMs twice.

Bad soupfly.

VERY BAD SOUPFLY.

In the next 24 hrs I will decide whether a modkill is in order, or wheter I will deal with it by some other game event.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”