Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:39 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Official Vote Count
7 votes needed to lynch

6 Holy (Glork, farside22, pete d, Nocmen, gorckat, Rishi)
3 opie (roffman, angelmouse, Lulubelle)
1 gorckat (opie)
1 pete d (skitzer)
1 skitzer (Holy)

Deadline: ~33 hours.
If you do not have the needed majority for a lynch when deadline rolls around, no lynch will occur.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Holy »

@gorckat: That's okay gorckat, and I do feel sorry for your dog. I once too have a dog, and since she's died, I don't feel like to have another one again, well maybe I should...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:47 pm

Post by Holy »

Okay sorry folks there's roughly ~18 hours left, I don't know if Skitzer'll have a chance to answer my doubts, if within ~6 hours from now this town still on this stagnant state, I will hammer myself because I truly think it's better if we have a discussion progress for tomorrow instead a no-lynch result, I guess.

UNVOTE. VOTE: opie.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Glork »

I call your bluff. Go ahead and hammer yourself.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Lulubelle
Lulubelle
Goon
Lulubelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Lulubelle »

Well, I think this is coming down to the wire (I had plans for tonight until I remembered about dang old time zones) and it's been plenty of time, so hammertime.

In case this isn't my last post, I'm not claiming. There have been too many claims today and now scum will have their pick of roles to off. In case it is my last post, well then, my point about the people that were on Holy's wagon but were unwilling to hammer still stands. I think it would behoove the town to examine who seemed to believe Holy's claim but wanted her lynched anyhow.

That said:

Unvote
Vote: Holy
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by Holy »

:oops: I fell asleep.

:p

Ah~ this is hurts~ ;_;
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Official Vote Count
7 votes needed to lynch

7 Holy (Glork, farside22, pete d, Nocmen, gorckat, Rishi, Lulubelle)
3 opie (roffman, angelmouse, Holy)
1 gorckat (opie)
1 pete d (skitzer)

Everybody surrounds Holy as she pleads her case. Glork grabs her and holds her down while farside22 ties her arms and legs. pete d and Nocmen carry her to the center of town, where gorckat and Rishi have built the mound on which she is to die, preparing it with dry brush and paper. As she is tied to the stake, she yells out her vengeance against all those who wronged her. Lulubelle lights the match and sets her ablaze. As her flesh burns, her words of evil and hatred echo into the night.

"YOU DARE TO KILL ME?!?
FOOLS!!!
I WILL MAKE YOUR LIVES A LIVING HELL! YOU WILL NOT KNOW A MOMENT OF PEACE,
NOT EVEN IN YOUR DREAMS!!!!
"

angelmouse and roffman cringe as her body begins to melt, while opie watches with body shivering, his arms wrapped around himself tightly as if to feel some sort of comfort. Skitzer can't stand the carnage and turns away. Holy burns slowly, her body writhing as much as possible under the ropes, and her skin charring like the darkness of the night. Her half-melted face turns toward a certain person, but because her face is partially destroyed you are unable to determine who she is looking at.

"YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO SUFFER MY WRATH! EVEN IF I DIE, YOU CANNOT STOP THE MURDERS! YOU WILL BE NEXT!"

And then all went silent. Nothing was heard except for the crackling of the bonfire. For all the noise and fury she had spouted, there was nothing but an eerie stillness. She was dead and they were alive.

Holy, the Sadist, is dead.

It is now Night 1.
Deadline for Night Choices is Tuesday, Jan 29 at 11:59PM EST
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:40 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

The sun rises and the town follows in suit, getting out of bed and heading back to the town square to decide what to do now. Holy's last words still haunt the people, some more than others. Some seem shaken up by what was said, others seem like they didn't get any sleep last night. Some don't even bother showing up on their own power. Actually, Opie is the only one who didn't show up. The citizens congregate around his door and, after many unsuccessful knocks, open it. They are quite surprised that it isn't locked, but even more surprised by what they find inside.

Opie's cold and lifeless body is in his bed. A rope has been fastened around his neck and pulled tightly. There are signs of prolonged struggle, leading the town to believe that whoever committed this crime took their time, slowly and repeatedly choking and releasing the victim. The town spends the first few minutes of the peaceful day burying his body and giving him a moment of silence. Then they return to their civic duty and try to catch his murderer.

opie, the Omega Sage, is dead.

It is now Day 2. With 10 alive, it will take 6 votes to lynch.

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:01 am

Post by gorckat »

mod wrote:There are signs of prolonged struggle, leading the town to believe that whoever committed this crime took their time, slowly and repeatedly choking and releasing the victim.
So all scum are sadists? Or would that be an sk?

I'm a little surprised it was opie given several people were considering he could be scum.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:02 am

Post by gorckat »

Wait, derf...I was thinking of skitzer who claimed RB, opie claimed to give pleasant dreams or something, wasn't it? I'll check before licking my foot again...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:14 am

Post by farside22 »

@gorckat
opie wrote: In the interest of full disclosure since I already have four votes and only days away from the deadline, I too have a power role. I am the Omega Sage. I am town aligned. Each night I pick a target to whom to give a pleasant dream. Unfortunately, my ability is not guaranteed to work. Last night I targeted Rishi. He was the mod in Mini Normal that I had just finished. He did a good job, so I thought that I would reward him.

I know that being the fifth person to claim a power role might cause some eyes to role and I suspect others to immediately switch there votes to me from Holy. This is the reason I didn’t claim earlier. I was hoping this day would end differently.
Also Opie was against Holy lynch, but he was wrong. I find it interesting that Skizter said he was willing to hammer anyone but Holy and would be my second suspect. Lulubelle seemed to have no problem being the sacrificial lamb against Holy's claim. My 3rd suspect is gorckat for two of his most recent comments:
Yes, I echoed angelmouse and am surprised it took this long for someone to bring it up. I expected that to get pounced on sooner, but I truly had the same thought, was about to post, got sidetracked at work, iirc, and came back just in time to act like one of those little keychain voice playback fobs.
Basically he is saying he noticed it but didn't say anything, but waited for someone else.
No. I've been agreeing, silently, with Holy's lynch since I supported Glork's idea to have another scummy player hammer her.

Silently agreeing? I have a lot of issues with this statement.

I think gorckat last few actions has really come under my notice at this point.

Vote: gorckat
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:26 am

Post by gorckat »

farside wrote:Basically he is saying he noticed it but didn't say anything, but waited for someone else.
Quick! Without going back to re-read...can you tell me what I noticed but didn't mention?

Also, had you read my clarification of my position on the Holy lynch? I was suggesting people to do the hammer. That seems to be supportive, from my seat, but I'm biased.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:43 am

Post by farside22 »

gorckat wrote:
farside wrote:Basically he is saying he noticed it but didn't say anything, but waited for someone else.
Quick! Without going back to re-read...can you tell me what I noticed but didn't mention?

Also, had you read my clarification of my position on the Holy lynch? I was suggesting people to do the hammer. That seems to be supportive, from my seat, but I'm biased.
Read the quote above. You notice Opie's voting pattern, but didn't comment. Was surprised no one else did. Found excuses not to post it. In the end just sounds like hollow excuses.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:49 am

Post by gorckat »

Opie posted his Holy vote at ~2:30pm (my time). Angel mouse posted at ~4:30, and I posted ~5:30pm, all local time for me on the same day.

I noticed opie's vote seemed odd sometime between 2:30 and angel's post at 4:30, but was unable to post it at work, and when I posted my agreement at 5:30, I waffled on whether it would look like I was cobbling together a reason to vote out the scraps of others, but in the end decided to put it out there.

What I was surprised it took someone so long to mention was
not
the opie vote, but rather my
echoing
of angelmouse.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:08 am

Post by skitzer »

farside: I did not say I would hammer anyone except Holy, I said holy did not seem like a good lynch to me.

Also, since I've claimed, should I state my action or no?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:19 am

Post by farside22 »

skitzer wrote:farside: I did not say I would hammer anyone except Holy, I said holy did not seem like a good lynch to me.

Also, since I've claimed, should I state my action or no?
Your right. I'm going crazy. I swear I thought I saw that somewhere. Well then I'm good with you again. Sorry about that.
I'm not sure about whether you should tell us your action or not. Most games I would say yes, but this is a different site with different opinions about that sort of thing. I'm not sure if helps either. (Shrug)
Lulubelle
Lulubelle
Goon
Lulubelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Lulubelle »

Skitzer wrote:Also, since I've claimed, should I state my action or no?
I say no. Opie was the only claimed player with a night action and we now know what his alignment was. Keep it secret unless you can catch someone in a lie with it.
farside22 wrote:Lulubelle seemed to have no problem being the sacrificial lamb against Holy's claim.
I have my reasons. I can't say I expected to still be here after Holy's death scene, though.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by pete d »

vote: skitzer
. Not on the Holy wagon, looks like Holy was distancing from him, plus previous arguments.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by Glork »

pete d wrote:
vote: skitzer
. Not on the Holy wagon, looks like Holy was distancing from him, plus previous arguments.
You seriously need to stop posting exactly what I'm thinking.

Vote: Skitzer
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Lulubelle
Lulubelle
Goon
Lulubelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Lulubelle »

Isn't Skitzer close to being a confirmed townie right now? I've been thinking.
mikeburnfire wrote:Her half-melted face turns toward a certain person, but because her face is partially destroyed you are unable to determine who she is looking at.

"YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO SUFFER MY WRATH! EVEN IF I DIE, YOU CANNOT STOP THE MURDERS! YOU WILL BE NEXT!"
We now know that Holy was lying about her rolename. However, was she lying about her role? This part of her death scene indicates that
something
was supposed to happen to
someone
as a result of her death. If it was indeed the case that the hammerer would die, then I shouldn't be alive.

Consider, further, the game's flavour. I stand by my earlier assumption that Opie was a doc. His role stated that he "gave a good dream" to his target while Holy's death scene threatened that we wouldn't be safe "in our dreams." (Also, she was a "sadist" that was burned to death. Sound familiar? I wonder if the mod is a horror movie fan.)

This all leads me to a conclusion. Holy's death did trigger someone being targetted with death (Me, perhaps. Given the dream flavour of the game I suppose it's reasonable to assume that a dream-based kill could only take place at night regardless of whether it relied on a nightchoice being sent in) and Opie's doc power stopped it. Opie died as a result of the scum's kill, not Holy's death.

What does this mean? Importantly, it means that Opie was not roleblocked. If Skitzer was a scum roleblocker, blocking Opie's protection power would be in his best interests as scum, especially when I would have been a tantilizing target for a doc. He did not. If Skitzer is telling the truth about being a roleblocker, he is not scum. I realise that there's a degree of speculating going on here, but I really don't think Skitzer is who we should be looking at right now.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Glork »

Lulu, Holy was a dirty lying scumbag. Her claim was probably to disuade people from voting for her. I don't see why you're choosing to believe her claimed role when she was obviously serving her own interests.

Come to think of it:
Mod -- Were the comments from the Lynch Scene in any way significant to the game, or were they mere flavor?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Lulubelle
Lulubelle
Goon
Lulubelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Lulubelle »

Glork wrote:Lulu, Holy was a dirty lying scumbag. Her claim was probably to disuade people from voting for her. I don't see why you're choosing to believe her claimed role when she was obviously serving her own interests.
If it was in her interests to claim that she would kill her hammerer in order to try to avoid being lynched, she would have claimed that
whether or not it was true
. Simply because she claimed it and she was scum is no reason to assume it was a lie, especially when the flavour text seems to corroborate it.

Of course, I'll back down from this if the mod answers that question in the negative, but if not, the flavour text seems to exonerate Skitzer.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Gorckat is somewhat confusing. Lulubelle's hammer is WIFOM.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Glork »

One more thing, LuLu: If Skitzer is scum, why would he necessarily be a scum
roleblocker
?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Mod -- Were the comments from the Lynch Scene in any way significant to the game, or were they mere flavor?
No comment.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”