Talking in code...

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:06 am

Post by Norinel »

Hinting can work when you have reason to believe that the people you want to pick up on your hints are more likely to do so than the people who aren't. (See me in Day 1 of Fairytale)

Blatant cryptography is usually legal and can be useful (Masons arranging a one-time pad Night 1 and using it to communicate once they're outed), but it's annoying to the people who don't understand it.
MeMe wrote:I don't even understand the one in the example MMCL gave
I had to know that that was what was hidden before I found it, and even then I found the message before I figured out the description of how to find the message.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:24 am

Post by Norinel »

There are still essentially unbreakable public key systems, right? You can basically make every game FullComm by having everyone post their encryption keys Day 1; everyone will know when a message is being sent, but you can compensate by not posting who you're sending to and putting random garbage in posts where you don't want to send anything.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:19 am

Post by Norinel »

I've already mentioned one-time pads, but the only secure way to distribute the pads would be at night (In which case it's only good for masons, and after they're outed, as I said), or before the game, which would almost certainly be frowned upon.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”