farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

Setael wrote:ok, but does it make sense that Pete D would drop his cases so easily if he was town? All your talking about is how much they interacted.

I'll repeat here what I think is scummiest about his interaction with both nekka and ckd:
setael wrote:
pete d wrote:Ah. Well, apparently nobody else wanted to vote Nekka, and I'm not so sure about ckd anymore. Regardless, something needed to happen, the game was dragging, so I joined the BM wagon in preference to the Jordan wagon.
Now that Nekka and ckd have both cardflipped scum, this post is very incriminating. Giving up his nekka case because nobody else wanted to vote him and saying "I'm not so sure about ckd anymore" without giving reason both look much more like scum who's been distancing from both and is perfectly happy to drop the cases. I don't think a townie would've let up so easily.
I think by far yes that is the scummiest thing he said. I don't wipe it clean, but everything else that happened tells me he isn't scum. I could be wrong, but just like with the lynch that was going against you my gut says no.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by pete d »

@Setael: I just got bluehosted with a long reply, so here's a summary: I accept that some of my posts look a bit strange. I was unsure of my suspicions, but I was surest of Nekka. Nevertheless, I put serious votes on Nekka / boo and ckd. The revote on Nekka was because that post reinforced that he wasn't saying anything. Notice that I jumped on the bookitty wagon as soon as it got some support iirc, I didn't hesitate. I chose ckd over Setael. As for DP, the only arguments made against him have been "too townie". He was on the boo and ckd wagons, and also put some early suspicions on ckd and Nekka. As for my vote on vollkan, in hindsight it was probably a mistake, but I did have reasons, I just didn't say anything because I was the hammer. Note that Lowell (and Porochaz) also joined with pretty weak reasons.

A lot of your argument against me is subjective. I'd ask that you do the same analysis to Lowell what you have done to farside and I.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by Setael »

see post 750
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:17 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Lowell (3) -- farside22, Shanba, pete d
Porochaz (1) -- Mastermind of Sin
farside22 (1) -- Lowell
pete d (1) -- Setael

Not voting: Battle Mage, Porochaz, Dragon Phoenix
9 alive, 5 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:47 am

Post by Setael »

setael wrote:
pete d wrote:
nekka wrote:How 'bout you go back and read abit. Only then will you find out that I was about to vote him but I wanted to see his PBPA he told us about.
(shrug) Those posts are really ambiguous. unvote.
This post could definitely be the godfather instructing a scum buddy to lay off, or at least to make a better case. Pete d's unvote here is odd - if there was no relationship there, I don't think he'd have unvoted.
Pete, why did you unvote there?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Lowell »

Man I couldn't be under more heat in more games at once. I'm not really seeing the case against me, TBH. Anyone want to make it make more sense?

If it's the Albert thing, well, I'd do it again. That guy was on fire.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:09 am

Post by Setael »

lowell, what do you think about pete d?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Lowell »

What I said before. I'm not overly impressed w/ him persay, though I feel like he took an early stance against Bookitty long before it was obvious she was goign to get lynched. So he gets points for that.

But if your question is: would you rather lynch pete d than Lowell then my answer is.... yes.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:15 am

Post by Setael »

I guess my question should've been "what do you think of the case i just presented on pete d?"
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by pete d »

Lowell wrote:I'm not really seeing the case against me, TBH. Anyone want to make it make more sense?
I wrote:His first big analysis brushed over ckd and Nekka, his vote on bookitty was late and bussy, day 2 he refrained from voting ckd and gave two players (setael1, who was town, and porochaz, who is assumed town for now) as his major suspicions.
I wrote:vote: Nekka-Lucifer. That last post seemed off, if I'm reading it right he is saying that he'd vote BM because he didn't finish his PBPA? It's another nothing post.
I unvoted because Nekka clarified the post I thought was scummy / confusing.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I'll put in my views in detail tomorrow. Sunday I'm off to the USA for a week, but I will probably still have access once in a while.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:36 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

It's not as much detail as I wanted, because I had forgotten how much non-oriductive discussion we had - and mhow much lurking.

That said, the post that stood out a mile for me is this one:
Unright, post 107 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:did you ever address why you were putting words in ABR's mouth and I missed it?
The post right above yours (86) in the last paragraph. Literally 5 cm above where you asked the question.
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:
Unright wrote:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:YES. I voted myself randomly but added a little gimic for the rest of us to respond to.
What system did you use to obtain your random result?
Also, is it your goal in this game to find scum?
My system was me thinking of someone to vote.
That said,
Unvote
. I don't want to be willing to lynch myself any longer :P. Would you?

Any other problems that you wanna ask me, feel free.
Thinking of someone to random vote and "choosing" yourself is not random. You're massively contradicting yourself with every post.

I don't know why you engage in this playstyle. Acting really scummy doesn't help you find scum, it just gives you a cover for whenever you're scum. And the only time I ever played against you, you
were
scum.

Also, I'm finding it really disheartening in general that most of the people high on my suspected scum list are waving around the excuse of "it's my playstyle". That's really lame. Unless I've played with you before, I'm not taking your word that you're always scummy. Especially not in the middle of a Mafia game.
Unright (now Farside) has a skirmish with two other players in one post, but does not vote for either - and they both turn out to be mafia later. Smells like a clear distancing attempt to me.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:37 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

non-oriductive = non-productive btw... One of these days I will learn to check before posting.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:42 am

Post by farside22 »

Dragon Phoenix wrote: Unright (now Farside) has a skirmish with two other players in one post, but does not vote for either - and they both turn out to be mafia later. Smells like a clear distancing attempt to me.
I'm not sure what unright was saying during the time. It seemed some people were attacking him for his comments and he was battle many people or being a jerk more then anything.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:06 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

vote farside22

The combination of her predecessor's post referred to above and her own play today.

If I have not posted again by Tuesday, I will probably not have internet access until Saturday - feel free to replace me if required then.

I'm off to Texas.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

ooh I'm still alive. Dang.
Permanent V/LA.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by farside22 »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:
vote farside22

The combination of her predecessor's post referred to above and her own play today.

If I have not posted again by Tuesday, I will probably not have internet access until Saturday - feel free to replace me if required then.

I'm off to Texas.
What because I question the validaty of someone's claim? Yawn. Let me know if you actually find something better that hasn't been stated to death.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:00 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

"Yawn"
Beautiful - another scum tell in my book.

In other news, the Houston hotel I will be staying in this week still has internet access in the business centre, so I will be able to play.

Vote stays.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:32 am

Post by farside22 »

If you want to lynch me because of my doubts on Satael be my guest. I wondered about the claim because of how hard she fought to vote out Volkan. (said to death of why I thought it odd)
If I was scum I would not have killed Albert. I would have wanted him around for the next day so I could gloat how wrong he was. Read what was said it was obvious I wanted him to grovel at being wrong. That said if my lynch goes through at this point look at Lowell and DP both hopped right along to lynch me based on the cop claim. I'm not sure if pete_d is with DP at this point or if he agrees with him because of things DP said and backed up or if I would say they were partners. Between the 4 of us that Setael doesn't know I have a feeling with the way someone people are talking and what they are saying there are two scums left. If my death narrows down your search and you are sre I'm scum then lynch me, but if I made sense and you understand my doubts then I suggest you go for Lowell or DP at this point. Just my two cents.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Setael »

farside wrote:...I suggest you go for Lowell or DP at this point.
Why not pete d, farside? Do you really think BOTH scum would jump on you like that and basically follow each other? You said yourself if you were to come up town, it would point the finger at both of them. Do you think the last 2 scum would want to link together like that at this point?

That statement kind of made me wonder if it's farside and pete d.

@DP: What do you think of pete d? I notice you haven't mentioned him at all since I claimed.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Setael wrote:
farside wrote:...I suggest you go for Lowell or DP at this point.
Why not pete d, farside? Do you really think BOTH scum would jump on you like that and basically follow each other? You said yourself if you were to come up town, it would point the finger at both of them. Do you think the last 2 scum would want to link together like that at this point?

That statement kind of made me wonder if it's farside and pete d.

@DP: What do you think of pete d? I notice you haven't mentioned him at all since I claimed.
You have four people unknow. Yes I think two scum would scrabble at this point to take one of the four choices and gang up against them. That would make sense since it is them against two. With pete_d defending DP, well DP can't go after him because he has nothing on him without incriminating himself. Plus most everyone has ignored your finding. I answered yet you suspect me? I'm really confused my your play on that.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:59 am

Post by pete d »

btw, I don't really mind whether it's farside or Lowell that gets lynched. I can see what DP is saying about the Unright thing, that exchange early in the game was strange. farside is throwing out the WIFOM ("if i was scum I wouldn't have killed Albert because I wanted to gloat").
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by farside22 »

pete d wrote:btw, I don't really mind whether it's farside or Lowell that gets lynched. I can see what DP is saying about the Unright thing, that exchange early in the game was strange. farside is throwing out the WIFOM ("if i was scum I wouldn't have killed Albert because I wanted to gloat").
Your comment about the exchange between unright and scum and your exchange between mafia scum is like the pot calling the kettle black.
You may call if a WIFOM but I'm really upset about it. He asked me to come play in this game and I had fun. Now it is all quiet on the western front. (sigh).
Like I said if people think I'm scum and think my lynch is best then be my guest if you think it helps narrow down your field. However all you are going to find is one town member down. (shrug).
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Porochaz »

farsides playing the way she usually plays in my eyes... lowell Im unsure of, he seems to be more vocal than what I heard he was like... Im going to read his posts apart and then meta him a bit...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

picked up prod. will look at this at the weekend.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”