Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I asked for clarification on something, which turned out to be bullshit. I don't necessarily call shit-throwing an attack. You can if you want.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

A mix of bullshit and issues on a (somewhat) personal level.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Guardian »

cicero wrote:
Guardian wrote:
cicero wrote:Not at all. Im not interested, unlike some people in here, in running up big wagons based on shitfumes.
Who might
those
people be? Name names, please.
"OMG. He talked like a pirate."
Yeah, I take huge issue with this.

I wanted attention, sure. A wagon sure. But based on shitfumes? At the point I brought it up? What better was there? Even now, his confirming is not forgotten -- I definitely don't think that it was irrelevant.

And you accuse me, like it is some treasonous act to bring up something you think is suspicious. I'd also like to bring up that I *voted* Iammars. Others *wagoned* him. You find me more suspicious than those who followed?

cicero wrote:
Guardian wrote:Cicero, so, you've been reading the game -- and even taking notes -- but didn't want to comment, and instead decided it would be better to wait until the dust settled?
Yes. This is an accurate restatement of what I explicitly said.
Your play, then, can be easily seen as scum waiting to see where opinions fall and then tipping the scales whichever way youplease.
cicero wrote:I might add that on at least one occasion I foolishly tried to interject with a moderately lengthy response, forgot to cut it to clipboard, and had it destroyed by a delicious CPU quota error.
Excuse me if I don't 100% believe you, especially since you didn't bring this up until now.
cicero wrote:Oh, I also asked a question to someone that completely ignored and washed away as I recall.
A question you never followed up on -- despite reading the thread and taking notes for 7 pages?

Are you saying that your play thus far in the game, considering that you were reading the game -- is totally defensible as pro-town? It was good for you to read and take notes and keep to yourself?

---

Cicero, Flameaxe, if my diction was off, like you said, that's not very relevant, it was certainly a perceived attack.

Flameaxe, are you saying that
Flameaxe wrote:A mix of bullshit and issues on a (somewhat) personal level.
Is why you weren't active?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

No.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by Guardian »

Then what was that comment about....??? :confused:

Why do you want me to "think more, please"?

You have no explanation for why you didn't comment until you were "attacked", correct?
Do not lynch me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

1) The comment was about Cicero's comments towards Shea (and myself) regarding the DGB issue.

2) It was resolved by Cicero already, scroll up.

3) No, not really. Nothing worth noting at least.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by cicero »

Guardian wrote:
cicero wrote:
Guardian wrote:
cicero wrote:Not at all. Im not interested, unlike some people in here, in running up big wagons based on shitfumes.
Who might
those
people be? Name names, please.
"OMG. He talked like a pirate."
Yeah, I take huge issue with this.

I wanted attention, sure. A wagon sure. But based on shitfumes? At the point I brought it up? What better was there? Even now, his confirming is not forgotten -- I definitely don't think that it was irrelevant.

And you accuse me, like it is some treasonous act to bring up something you think is suspicious. I'd also like to bring up that I *voted* Iammars. Others *wagoned* him. You find me more suspicious than those who followed?
Nope. I find those that followed you at least equally suspicious. Maybe more. I figured there was a good chance you were doing something to get discussion started. That seemed relatively pro-town to me. Though I thought the general proposition was bullshit. The fact that it got so much traction is what began to worry me. I'll be giving it a good think once this week at work is over. You and Thesp have both raised my eyebrows. But I need to sit down on saturday with a cuppa joe and think.

cicero wrote:Are you saying that your play thus far in the game, considering that you were reading the game -- is totally defensible as pro-town? It was good for you to read and take notes and keep to yourself?
Until I have something worthwhile to say that hasnt been said? Yes. Lurkers drive me crazy though. Ask anybody. There's no way I'd stay inactive for long. But letting you and Thesp tire out. Ab-so-fucking-lutely. It wasnt so much pro-town of me as it was completely necessary for me. Maybe it's because I have a full time job and some semblance of a social life, but I couldnt keep up and interject in the way I like to interject. And as it is you'll still need to wait for saturday or sunday for me to really weigh in. Don't like that? Here's some rope.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by Claus »

Guardian wrote: And you accuse me, like it is some treasonous act to bring up something you think is suspicious.
I don't think cicero is accusing YOU Guardian. (I may be wrong). By overreacting, you are giving a lot of space for the late Iammar wagoners to hide.
Guardian wrote:Your play, then, can be easily seen as scum waiting to see where opinions fall and then tipping the scales whichever way youplease.
I don't see this. Mainly because Cicero jumped on a player who was under almost no pressure whatsoever, over a point that was not brought up before.

That said, I really wanted Cicero to come up with a little more in terms of who he thinks about the thread so far. I liked his observations, and I want more. So:

-> Cicero, did anyone in particular (or multiple people) in the two bandwagons caught your attention? TSQ is one... anyone else?
cicero wrote:I might add that on at least one occasion I foolishly tried to interject with a moderately lengthy response, forgot to cut it to clipboard, and had it destroyed by a delicious CPU quota error.
Blaming the Computer is something that only Commie Mutant Traitors do. The computer is your friend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by Claus »

Oh, ninja'd. Well, at least I got to make a question.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by Guardian »

Hmph. Well, I'll sleep on flameaxe. TSQ, you need to respond to my question -- and if either you or flameaxe wants to provide (preferrably short/obvious) examples of flameaxe playing like he is now and being town, that would be great.

cicero -- eh, I'm tired, I'll sleep on you also at this point.

preview: "ninja" 'd? :(

One lase thing I want to mention before bed.

I sense a Thesp OR Guardian false-choice being spread around. Each player has 25 others they can be suspicious of -- groupthink is bad!

Later.
Do not lynch me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I kind of already have. 500 seems like a prime example to me.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Claus »

Ninja'd means that you were writing something, and someone else wrote the exact same thing in the time that it took you to write your post. Forum jargon.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Post by cicero »

Claus wrote:Ninja'd means that you were writing something, and someone else wrote the exact same thing in the time that it took you to write your post. Forum jargon.
I'm pretty sure that in this game saying Ninja'd makes you pirate scum.

(Oh come on. Someone had to say it. :p)
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:13 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I am going to issue a final warning to Flameaxe, cicero and Thestatusquo. On page 11, your criticisms of each other and of a player no longer in this game crossed the line from legitimate discussion into pure abuse.

Any more and you will be replaced.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:13 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Gorrad: 7 (Fritzler, Flameaxe, The Fonz, UltimaAvalon, Mgm, Kison, Thestatusquo)
Thesp: 4 (Claus, Guardian, hasdgfas, mikeburnfire)
Iammars: 1 (Sir Tornado)
UltimaAvalon: 1 (JordanA24)
Thestatusquo: 1 (Rosso Carne)
Claus: 1 (cicero)
cicero: 1 (Iammars)
Skruffs: 1 (Samruc)
Thestatusquo: 1 (Thok)
Thok: 1 (KaleiÐoscøpe)

Not voting: 5 (Skruffs, Gorrad, Twomz, Erg0, Thesp)

13 to lynch!

Deadline will be ~15th February.

Under Rule [05], nobody would be lynched at deadline.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:07 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Stoofer, I feel like I said what I had to say in order to defend myself. I don't think I could have put in a nicer manner, but what I said was certainly demanded by the game. If it happens again, I will always defend myself to the best of my ability. If you have a problem with that, you'd best replace me now.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:03 am

Post by Skruffs »

Wait a second...
Dgb... Rosso... Shea... Flameaxe... Me... Guardian... Mbf, fritzler, ksc0pe....

DX

Piratey reference aside, I think stoofer haas invented a ship of fools. The only person here who's hunting skills I personally respect is Thesp, and he's playing horribly.

I mean....um.... <3 u all?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Skruffs »

I hope that didn't come across as abusive. I enjoy all of you, honestly. I just noticed that here are no 'paragons', etc.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:08 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Unvote Vote: Skruffs

I think the people you named are very well capable of hunting scum, but instead of wasting their time on long and useless posts, they make short ones, so people don't get the idea they're reading an essay made by Hilary Clinton
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Guardian »

Skruffs, you think I'm useless at figuring out who scum are?

I find that odd, considering Ork mafia and AM mafia, the only forum games I recall having you and me involved with me as town. (:

ps: Skruffs, because of your avatar, I've disabled all avatars, to my sorrow. I just couldn't stand it anymore.

---

tsq, I'd like you to respond to:
Guardian in 291 wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:I am saying that being generally a terrible player who doesn't care at all how he looks is par for the course for BBM. (no offense, man.)
Yeah -- but you were also saying a few posts back that I, Guardian, was suspicious for not knowing -- and accepting -- this level of play as a norm for Flameaxe.

Do you stand by that assessment?
Do not lynch me.
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Samruc »

@Guardian: Your 5 posts a day is a rate I'll never even come close to. Get used to that. Also, I haven't played with most of the players in the game, so I've got less to start with than what most others seem to have. I'll do my best though.

@Claus: (Again) Why talk about lynching Iammars, when he wasn't even the biggest wagon?

@K-Scope: Define a "useless post".

@Skruffs: Way to dismiss a whole bunch of opinions...
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'm not dismissing anyone's opinions. If you haven't noticed, I'm engaging people when I do not understand their opinions.

It was a light hearted jab. I expect some backlash from it, but the point was that it's interesting that none of the site's most notoriously GOOD players are in this game. I was requested by pm to join in; I think it will be very interesng because it will be up to US to figure it all out. We have to step up and do the dirty work and hunt the scum; none of us are going to be able to just assume others will do the work for us, and that is great.

Guardian: I like your playstyle a lot but you have replaced out of how many games so far the last couple months? sorry if that seems critical.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Skruffs »

Samruc:
Who's opinions did I dismiss?
you sound honestly disappointed in your post. Did I ignore something you had said that I should have responded to?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Guardian »

Skruffs:

I'd say like 1/4 of the player list are notoriously good players.

I've replaced out of 2 games in anything nearing recent history, both because they ceased to be fun/playable (other townies were suspicious of me for from my pov pretty dumb reasons AND didn't listen to me in cases where I turned to be right about scum).

What does my replacing out of games have to do with anything?
Do not lynch me.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Guardian, I believe you to be downplaying exactly how much you've played with flameaxe, but I do not have the time nor the energy to look through all your games to prove that.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”