Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Xylthixlm wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Two more things should be noted about this game. The man referred to as XXXX was
one of two
cult recruiters in that game. The game also featured a night start which meant both of us were dead when day1 came. Every townie assumed I had taken the cult with me when there was another recruiter still around.
You're misremembering. The actual setup was:

Possesser Serial Killer Nightmare (sk)
Arsonist (sk)
Pinata Census Taker
Census Taker
Ascetic
Lovestruck Dedicated One-Shot Mad Monk
Cowardly Roleblocker

You took out the arsonist, so it wasn't that bad for the town. (Pretty bad for the arsonist, though.)
And this was in irc so it was not a real perspon going bastard mod on us. The bot had something against the players big time in that multirole.
But there
is
a real person programming the bot to go bastard mod on you. :twisted:
Damn my bad short term memory, you are correct though. I play too much on irc. Perhaps I got that confused with another game I played in my other irc thing. Regardless a game with 2 cult recruiters that are on the same team would be very evil. You kill one, think its done and then boom it just gets worse. I feel bad for suth. I think he was the arsonist for that game. At any rate we will get you back xyl for programming that atrocity. :evil: :twisted: :evil:
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
fool_on_the_hill
fool_on_the_hill
Townie
fool_on_the_hill
Townie
Townie
Location: At the centre of the Earth, in a room filled with thousands of levers.

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:18 am

Post by fool_on_the_hill »

Worst collection of roles:
fool_on_the_hill wrote:OK, sending PMs now...

:edit: PM's have been sent, and the roles are as follows:

G.I./Sailor, Builder, Indian, Biker, Cowboy and Policeman. Yes, you are in fact the
Village People
I actually did run this setup on another board. The Builder was a mafia janitor, the Biker a mafia gang member, Indian the faith healer, Cowboy a one-shot vigilante, GI/Sailor a Navy SEAL (possibly a non-standard role - wins for the town if only they and one mafia member are left alive).

It kind of worked, apart from being susceptible to roleclaiming as a breaking strategy, and having to clarify what would happen in complicated situations involving the scum, vigilante and faith healer all targetting each other.
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon
Location: Pondering if he should actually play Mafia at one point.

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Booker »

You are an
Eternal Miller
, and are really,
really
fishy. Like, you have a bloody potential-torture-tool collection, among other things. Every post, you must commit at least one Logical Fallacy or a scum-tell listed here. Any investigative abilities will reveal you as Guilty or a Serial Killer. You will also appear as a Serial Killer when killed, and in the endgame role-list. You win with town, but (since you're a "Serial Killer") the game can't end until you're dead or the last one standing, and the endgame role-list obviously implies you lost if the town wins and you die. You still win, you and the mod are just the only ones who know it.
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:01 am

Post by kuribo »

You are
Suicidal and do not own a gun
. Not to be confused with a Jester. You must Nightkill yourself. If you are lynched, you lose. If the Mafia Nightkills you, you lose. You do not have the ability to kill at night.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by Peers »

You are the
Paranoid Jester
. If anyone targets you at night, for any reason, they will die. You win, and the game ends, when you are lynched.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Adel »

You are
Timid
. You can only post once every 24 hours, and you can never post more than six words. You win with the town.

~~~

You are the
Bully
. Each time you post you must change your vote to the person on the page who has the shortest post on that page. If you post will be the first post on a new page, you must vote for yourself. You win with the town.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

So, it's a jester mixed with a paranoid vig? That's not so bad.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by Glork »

Adel wrote:You are the
Bully
. Each time you post you must change your vote to the person on the page who has the shortest post on that page. If you post will be the first post on a new page, you must vote for yourself. You win with the town.
Do quotes work towards the word count?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Heh...the bully would end up being screwed over by simulposts all the time, so I hope the penelty for accidently breaking his restriction isn't TOO harsh. Other then that, it's pretty neat.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Okay, I can't resist chiming in. Role submitted in the style of my typical role PM:
Welcome to Hypothetical Bastard Role Mafia,
PLAYERNAME
. You are
Q (from Star Trek: The Next Generation)
. You just love screwing around with other peoples' fun, and you're not above using your powers to do so.

You are a
Neutral Omnipotent Bastard
. You have the following special ability:

Deja Q
- As long as you are in the game, all night actions will be roleblocked.

You win if you survive to the end of the game, or nothing can prevent the same.
For extra fun, add in a role or two that is secretly immune to roleblocks. :twisted:
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Tarhalindur wrote:Okay, I can't resist chiming in. Role submitted in the style of my typical role PM:
PLAYERNAME
. You are
Q (from Star Trek: The Next Generation)
. You just love screwing around with other peoples' fun, and you're not above using your powers to do so.

You are a
Neutral Omnipotent Bastard
. You have the following special ability:

Deja Q
- As long as you are in the game, all night actions will be roleblocked.

You win if you survive to the end of the game, or nothing can prevent the same.
For extra fun, add in a role or two that is secretly immune to roleblocks. :twisted:
Resisting temptation...

Resisting temptation...

Resisting temptation...

Temptation resisted.

As far as you know.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:37 pm

Post by Adele »

Peers wrote:You are the
Paranoid Jester
. If anyone targets you at night, for any reason, they will die. You win, and the game ends, when you are lynched.
That's... unloseable. Oh, unless you're the last man standing.

Even still, every other role in the game's the worst role ever. Seems to me it's unwinnable for everyone else (I assume the town loses on the jester being lynched?)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

Adele wrote:
Peers wrote:You are the
Paranoid Jester
That's... unloseable. Oh, unless you're the last man standing.

Even still, every other role in the game's the worst role ever. Seems to me it's unwinnable for everyone else (I assume the town loses on the jester being lynched?)
Yay I posted a simular role awhile back.
PokerFace wrote:I have role that is good but at the same time is bad because it is insanly too powerful. I was playing Mafia on IRC and the moment I read it I had delusions of granduer running through my head.

Assassin Jester (sk): You win if you are lynched. You are immune to kills. You kill other players at night. You also win when you are in the final two and there are no other killers.
Abilities: kill

The only way I 'think' I could have lost was if the mafia gained a majority so that I was endgamed instead of lynched or surviving.
What's funny about this role is it acutally exists cuase I got it in irc. The irc server has changed alittle so it is now called Rogue Comando instead of Assassin because of server confusion involving Assassin role in the 'king' games.

BUT there are ways BOTH roles can loose.

Assassin jester can be killed via a superkill or eradicate.

Paranoid jesters can loose by being end gamed assuming there is some scum force in the game. Assassin jester can't be endgamed because it is another killing type so scum can't kill it but scum can lynch it. Which is exactly what it wants.

Both Jesters can loose there roles via global actions that do not specifically target them. Someone uses a randomize all roles feature and that will likly cause the paranoid jester to loose their role and get a new one.

Both roles are terrible in the respect that they are too powerful!

Edit: These roles would go into a setup called "Bastard to ALMOST all players Mod"
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Wait doesn't endgame imply that the scum have enough of a majority to KILL the remaining players. In these cases the scum cannot kill the Jesters so the game would continue. That's how I understand endgaming anyway.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Endgame is also used informally for the "lynch-right-or-lose" stage...
Retired as of October 2014.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Congratulations, you are "Post or Perish".

If the town doesn't lynch the lowest poster in the day or game, you die. If you are ever the lowest poster in the day or game, you die. If someone doesn't post for three RL days, you die. If you are joint lowest poster for the game or day with 1 other person, you die. If you take the longest time to confirm or send night choices, you die. If there is less than 50 posts in a day, you die. If you ever vote for someone other than the lowest poster for the day or game, you die. You are required to pm me every 24 hours the thread is closed telling me to get on with it, if you do not, you die.

You win if you are not mod-killed.

-----

Congratulations, you are "Wikid".

That's a cool title and everyone wants one as witty as that. Unfortunately people are trying to steal your title from you.

If you don't post a link to a wiki page/stat in any of your posts, you die. If anyone ever posts more Wiki links/stat links than you, you die. If you don't answer a question that can be answered using the wiki with a link to all wiki pages that answer the question, you die. If you don't write a new wiki page during a game day, you die.

You also like puns... If you don't make a pun per post, you die. If you ever post before someone making a pun by quoting a post above yours, and you've failed to make that pun, you die. You are writing the lynch scenes and night action scenes, if you fail to make a pun in any of them, you die. If you die and don't make a pun about it, you lose your win condition(s).

You win if you arn't mod-killed.

-------------------

Mafiascum title mafia could be a fun game...
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Rogueben wrote:Wait doesn't endgame imply that the scum have enough of a majority to KILL the remaining players. In these cases the scum cannot kill the Jesters so the game would continue. That's how I understand endgaming anyway.
My idea of endgame is different from yours. The IRC sites I go to I think go by the standard that a game enters endgame the moment all threats to the town are dead or the game just stops when the scum are guaranteed victory. If all scum are gone the game will stop and paranoid jester won't get lynched assuming he is still alive. Assassin Jester can't be endgamed like that because he is a threat to the town.

I also assume a paranoid jester could get engamed by the scum on my server for the following reason. I had the role "Reflex Echo Role Blocker" once on irc. It is one of my favs. The role is as follows.
Role: Reflex Echo Roleblocker (town). You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks. Whenever a player dies, you will take on their role. You retain this property. Your action applies automatically to anyone who targets you with an action. The copied action can't be roleblocked. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
basically if you target me I blocked you instantly and I retained this power no matter what. It was unaffected by echo. I really liked getting that role. here are the things echo made me at night as the game went on. (Demonspork is the name of one of the people I was playing with in that multirole game.)
Role: Reflex Roleblocker Sleeper X-Double Voter Doublekiller (town). Right now, you don't have any powers, but if demonspork dies you will become a X-Double Voter Doublekiller. Whenever a player dies, you will take on their role. You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks. Your action applies automatically to anyone who targets you with an action. The copied action can't be roleblocked. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
Role: Reflex Roleblocker Azwolg (town). You will kill demonspork the first night. Whenever a player dies, you will take on their role. You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks. Your action applies automatically to anyone who targets you with an action. The copied action can't be roleblocked. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
after I had this role spork died. The guy that had azwolg previously must have been jailed by another player and then lynched or else demon spork would have died alot sooner
Role: Reflex Roleblocker Townie (town). Whenever a player dies, you will take on their role. You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks. Your action applies automatically to anyone who targets you with an action. The copied action can't be roleblocked. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
and lastly I was
Role:
Unlynchable
Reflex Roleblocker (town). Whenever a player dies, you will take on their role. You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks. Your action applies automatically to anyone who targets you with an action. The copied action can't be roleblocked. You cannot be lynched. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
That last role has properties of the paranoid jester and it can't be lynched. When I became that last role, the mafia gained a majority so I was immediatly endgamed by the irc server an yet there is no way the scum could have gotten rid of me.

I understand the argument that the scum would have to lynch the paranoid jester but with server settings we had it was not necessary because I "think" the basic mafia goon role reads:
You are a mafia goon. Your partner is XXXX. You may kill other players at night. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only you remain. You win if this happens
or nothing can be done to prevent this from happening.

abilities: mafiakill
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Side note, nemisis

if we are really making a role for Flay I think his role would be the power to tell a person's alignment based on their number of posts. They post a certain amount of times and Flay is imediatly pmed their alignment. This role would work with all the nice graphs flay does for the games he mods.

Yos2 and his nuke all lurkers could have a superkill that he could use on the lurkiest player

And if flay was masoned with yos2 they could easily dispose of players in a post or perish fashion that at the same time found scum.

Wierd/interesting idea, A game based on people's title or personalities would be cool. But then again you could just make it into a U-PICK and have the players pick their own names like I did once in an irc u-pick.
Role: PokerFace (town). Each night you learn the role PM of a random role in the setup, but not who has it. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
-XylBot- Abilities: (auto)cheat
I think that role suited me and my often desire for a mass claim.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:26 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

How to balance a Jester:
PLAYERNAME
. You are a
Neutral Jester
. You have no special abilities.

You win if you are lynched, or nothing can prevent the same.
MOD NOTE: Actually a
Neutral Survivor

Bastard enough for you?
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:49 pm

Post by Adel »

You are the
Document Forger

Each night you can choose one player (including yourself) and draft a new role pm (including win condition) for that player. That new role PM will completely supersede the previous role pm unless you are the target, in which case your win condition will remain the same. You win when only you and people you've written role pms for remain alive.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Tarhalindur wrote:How to balance a Jester:
PLAYERNAME
. You are a
Neutral Jester

Neutral Survivor

Bastard enough for you?
There are few lines of bastard modding I will not cross. Lying to a player about their own win condition is one of them.

That said, it's definitely one of the Worst Roles Ever.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:10 am

Post by Nemesis »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:How to balance a Jester:
PLAYERNAME
. You are a
Neutral Jester

Neutral Survivor

Bastard enough for you?
There are few lines of bastard modding I will not cross. Lying to a player about their own win condition is one of them.

That said, it's definitely one of the Worst Roles Ever.
People have that thing about not wanting to lynch jesters... I think this role has a moderate chance of winning.

------------------

Congratulations you are the Cult Leader

Your particular cult is Scientology, you know... The one with the aliens. Anyway, once per night you can recruit one member of the town. The town member will lose any sanity they might have and join up... They won't be aware it is a cult and think it is a masonry. You can recruit Mafia although if they kill again, it will be assumed they have left the cult. However, you will be informed of their murky past. If you find and recruit Tom Cruise, he will become unnightkillable.

If you are ever accused of not being a vanilla townie, you are required to quote every post the accusing player has ever made and point out that he is actually scum and should be lynched. Your vote on him will be multiplied by the number of members in your cult +1. (Including you and with a minimuim of 2 because you never go anywhere without a cameraman.)

You have the day ability to sue people, this will post restrict them for the rest of the day. (Their post restriction will be one post of 50 characters per RL day.)

You win when the cult is equal to or more than 50% of the town.

-------------

Congratulations you are the super miller.

You know there's a cult in town, unfortunately due to your shady past, absolutely no one believes you. Investigations will return guilty on you and you will be revealed as scum upon your death. Due to your shady connections, you are unable to be killed by scum, they are your friends. Unfortunately the vig is not a friend of yours.

You win with the town.

-------------

Congratulations you are Tom Cruise

You have almost everything anyone could possibly want, yet you are as insane as Britney Spears. You don't do anything interesting and make a fool of yourself often. You've been called a jester a lot recently and it got to you, you've decided to show everyone how much of a Jester you are. You win when lynched.

------------

Congratulations you are Britney Spears

You had almost everything anyone could want, yet threw it all away and went crazy. Now all you want is to die. You win if lynched.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:01 am

Post by Rogueben »

Assassin Jester (sk): You win if you are lynched. You are immune to kills. You kill other players at night. You also win when you are in the final two and there are no other killers.
Abilities: kill
But this character cannot be endgamed. It is still a threat to the town/mafia and since it can make a kill at night it isn't an auto kill (that's how I understand endgame. If mafia is able to kill the rest of the town between lynches and night kills without the town being able to do anything).
I'm pretty sure there is nothing that anyone can do to stop this from winning.

eg 2 scum 1 assassin jester left. scum cannot endgame because when it goes to night the jester is protected and kills the other scum. otherwise they vote for jester in which case he wins as well.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
Rogueben wrote:Wait doesn't endgame imply that the scum have enough of a majority to KILL the remaining players. In these cases the scum cannot kill the Jesters so the game would continue. That's how I understand endgaming anyway.
My idea of endgame is different from yours. The IRC sites I go to I think go by the standard that a game enters endgame the moment all threats to the town are dead or the game just stops when the scum are guaranteed victory. If all scum are gone the game will stop and paranoid jester won't get lynched assuming he is still alive.
Assassin Jester can't be endgamed like that because he is a threat to the town.
What you say is true. I tought I implied that 'only' the paranoid jester could be endgamed. Assassin Jester indeed could not. Did I miss word something in another post?

When I first posted the role awhile back, I thought Assassin Jester could get endgamed but realized it could for the same reasons you mentioned.

Well either way Paranoid jester can be endgamed.

Assassin AKA Rogue Comando Jester (sk) can only be killed/loose via a 'super' kill. (When I was this role I got lynched day2. A tracker saw me make my night kill which was the only kill since a doc blocked the mafia's kill. Still won the game but I wanted to win by killing everyone. I can't remember if there were any 1-shot superkillers in that game.)

Unlynchable, Reflex role blocker can only loose via end game since super kill and kill would fail at the targeting stages and he could not get lynched.

And if there was a bizzarre role that combined both those jester that would certainly be unstopable
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Crub »

Wouldn't it be a draw if the endgame was 2 scum and 1 assasin jester?

scums could no lynch and jester would actually lose if he nk'd both the scums. Stalemate?
Moo?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”