Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Would you prefer the Jester to claim today or tommorrow BM?
I dont think it really matters. Obviously id prefer a claim today, but only on the premise that we actually lynch the Jester. As it is apparent that those at Thespival have other ideas, i dont see much difference.

Are these questions going anywhere? :P

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:28 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

If you prefer a jester claim today, why did you argue against having the jester claim?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Monkey »

mith wrote:Is getting married a scumtell?
Depends on who you marry .. in my case, I'd say no though :wink:

Alright, still don't really know what else I can add, so I guess I'll just say goodbye for now and I'll be back to post either sunday night/monday afternoon.

Thanks for the congrats guys.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:If you prefer a jester claim today, why did you argue against having the jester claim?
I've already explained this. 0.o
I saw a load of experienced players claiming something as logical which didnt make sense. Gut reaction, i make a song and dance about it.
Thats all.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Captain Bandwagon
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Captain Bandwagon »

petroleumjelly wrote:It only takes
one
extra step to get from "Wait a second, that's not a smart thing for Jester to do" to the surprising conclusion of "And wait another second - but it
is
a good thing for the town".
This. When mith and Pooky unveiled the plan, I knew something was up. My suspicions were confirmed after I asked them to elaborate, and after that I just went along with it. I mean, come on. When the owner of the site uses craplogic along with several other experienced players, something definitely has to be up.
petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
For some reason, Post 112 by Captain Bandwagon rubbed me the wrong way (and I find it strange myself considering the plethora of votes on Greasy Spot). Sketching out my general reaction would be something like this:

->
a.)
No indication of whether Captain Bandwagon finds Greasy Spot
scummy
at this point in time as opposed to 'granting a request'
->
b.)
Clearly cannot be a 'pressure' vote for more information when it is done directly and solely from a quote of somebody asking to be voted/lynched
->
c.)
Considering Captain Bandwagon's initial reaction to the "Jester claim Day One" strategy was to argue against it, and his own claim of "I totally know where you're coming from" in [157], I find it difficult to believe he used the fact that Greasy Spot argued against it as a justification for his vote – so
if
there was a basis, it would have to be something else

I completely realize there were votes from other people who
also
did not explain their vote, but this one gave me a different vibe from the others. Later CB claims it was "his [Greasy Spot's] actions" that led CB to think GS was scum in Post 172. So I'm going to ask: what actions in particular were you basing your vote off?

{Coming back}: Looks like it's the sarcastic posts that got Captain B (mentioned in Post 249). That mollifies me somewhat, but I might as well get a fuller explanation.
I was voting him to pressure him to stop trying to derail the trap, and I didn't like the vibe of his sarcastic posts.
petroleumjelly wrote:
6.)
When did
you
realize the Jester plan was a trap? Your posts have certainly given me reason to doubt you 'knew all along'.
See above.
Battle Mage wrote:My thoughts are, if enough people bully someone with enough force for enough time, eventually they give in. One of the main characteristics (good or bad) about me is that i tend to stick to my instincts even in the face of every other player saying im wrong. But there comes a time when you doubt yourself, especially in a game of this nature, im amazed to find myself disagreeing with so many legends of the game.
I guess your instincts sure failed you here.
[i]"... give us this day, our daily bandwagon, and forgive us our trespasses, as we bandwagon those who trespass against us..."[/i]

- Excerpt from The Bandwagoner's Prayer
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Iammars »

mith wrote:Is getting married a scumtell?

I'm flying today, and will be jetlagging/MIThunting tomorrow and Sunday. I'll try to make a post before the end of the weekend, though.
Lucky. I want to MIThunt. Let me know how it goes!

(Of course, I'm going to read the archive of the puzzles as soon as I can.)
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by MeMe »

Dani Banani wrote:just checking in... sorry i haven't posted recently, but my weekend got crazy quick... short story, i'm recently working 2 jobs... still trying to figure out time for myself... i'll do a re-read Tues. or Wed... Thurs. at the latest...
My vote rocks. So hard.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Amen MeMe?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Iammars »

hasdgfas, would it be a good idea to Amen?

I mean, you've posted amen in just about every post so far. I would like for you to say other things too.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Amens useful.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I think we should lynch Mith for not preventing all this faulty site not staying up long enough to look at the thread and/or post >_>
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by Holy »

@hasdgfas: Err, if you agreed with Meme's on Dani, why didn't you vote him too?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Captain Bandwagon wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:My thoughts are, if enough people bully someone with enough force for enough time, eventually they give in. One of the main characteristics (good or bad) about me is that i tend to stick to my instincts even in the face of every other player saying im wrong. But there comes a time when you doubt yourself, especially in a game of this nature, im amazed to find myself disagreeing with so many legends of the game.
I guess your instincts sure failed you here.
Erm, did you even read that before quoting it?
My instincts were spot on. Unfortunately i wasnt aware of the bigger picture.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:28 am

Post by QuickBen »

@BM- I bet you're the guy yelling out how the magician is doing his tricks at a kid's birthday party, huh? For as much talking down as you do to other players, perhaps you should learn to think about *why* someone is saying something before just firing off a reply. People like you are the reason that gambits don't work. Generally, only those who would be caught by the plan at hand are the ones who should be fighting the plan. If a foolproof way to find scum is presented, the scum either have to fight the idea (and give themselves away) or go along with the idea (and *risk* giving themselves away if it works). Honestly, the way you're pushing for "if the Jester claims today we should lynch him" today makes me want to vote you. Either A- you're the Jester and are trying to hide today by acting totally anti-jester and we may as well take your advice about not taking 2nd place, or B- you're going to continue to be a distraction by fighting tooth and nail against everything that you didn't come up with or agree 100% on. The only thing worse for the town than the scum is a townie who is so distracting we can't find the scum. So I'll tell ya what, pick a few people. Build a couple of cases. I'll give ya all weekend to do so. You're active on the site enough it shouldn't be a problem. I'm giving you the opportunity to go on the offensive before I decide whether or not to vote you.

P.S. 10 to 1 odds say I'm one of the people you build a case against. :)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:15 am

Post by MeMe »

hasdgfas -- does saying the A-word help
you
or the town?
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:16 am

Post by QuickBen »

@MeMe- lmao I started looking to see where he swore...
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:26 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I'm about halfway through rereading the thread.

GS, I have a few questions if you care to answer.
Who do you think is scummy and why?
Who do you think could be the jester?
Do you honestly believe mith to be scum, or are you just not able to drop your anger and frustration on him from the beginning of the game?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:09 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Amens: Town :D
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:35 am

Post by MeMe »

hasdgfas: I just checked through and it seems that the players who've said that word in their posts (not in quote boxes) are Captain Bandwagon, curiouskarmadog, Iammars, and petroleumjelly.

I'd like to know if just
saying
it is enough or if it has to be in a certain format. If formatting is necessary, we should do a test of just a few people -- if just saying it is enough, four have already done so and I'd rather wait to make sure they don't start acting weird(er) before joining in the praise meeting.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

QuickBen wrote:@BM- I bet you're the guy yelling out how the magician is doing his tricks at a kid's birthday party, huh?
Actually, i'm a bit old to be frequenting kid's birthday parties. When you hit puberty it becomes a bit wierd, ya know? rofl.
If i did go to childrens birthday parties, and there was a magician, i expect i'd be the guy scolding the smartass kid who bullshits about how the trick was done. Maybe the smartass kid was part of some clever plan (or gambit) involving lying to the majority, but i guess thats the way it goes.
Quickben wrote: If a foolproof way to find scum is presented, the scum either have to fight the idea (and give themselves away) or go along with the idea (and *risk* giving themselves away if it works). Honestly, the way you're pushing for "if the Jester claims today we should lynch him" today makes me want to vote you.
This is rather insulting. That as scum, i would be so controversial so early on and basically invite attention onto myself. :(
Anyway, i dont see how your analogy makes any sense. This Jester discussion is about as far from 'a foolproof way to find scum' as it gets...
QuickBen wrote: Either A- you're the Jester and are trying to hide today by acting totally anti-jester and we may as well take your advice about not taking 2nd place
Oh dearie me.
RED ALERT RED ALERT, SCUM SLIP UP DETECTED!

You are attacking me for trying to get the Jester lynched today, and yet AT THE SAME TIME YOU WANT TO DO THE EXACT SAME THING. Oh dear mate. Inconsistent as hell. You expect me to read the rest of your comments? :shock:
Quickben wrote: B- you're going to continue to be a distraction by fighting tooth and nail against everything that you didn't come up with or agree 100% on. The only thing worse for the town than the scum is a townie who is so distracting we can't find the scum.
Guess what kiddo? It wasnt me who came up with the fricking gambit idea that has distracted the town since the start of the game! Try paying attention pl0x and dont get blindsided by OMGUS.
Quickben wrote: So I'll tell ya what, pick a few people. Build a couple of cases. I'll give ya all weekend to do so. You're active on the site enough it shouldn't be a problem. I'm giving you the opportunity to go on the offensive before I decide whether or not to vote you.

P.S. 10 to 1 odds say I'm one of the people you build a case against. :)
So active im neglecting about 4 of my games atm? lol
GG Mr Metagaming.
As far as i can see, ive been on the offensive all game. I did a player analysis on page 10(?) ffs!
you're giving 10-1 odds on me making a case against you? Shit, i want some of that. This tip is based on the fact that ive already declared you as my top suspect and am currently voting for you. Ive half a mind to put this entire post of yours down to cleverly disguised OMGUS, but i dont think i want to let you off that easy.

I'll tell you what i'd like to see. Who are YOU suspicious of (excluding me)?
Go on, give me a reason to withdraw the following.

Confirm Vote: Quickben

I'd like
MeMe
CKD
and
Mith
to respond to this post asap please. Anyone else who wants to, also can. :)

Thanks
BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:28 am

He's attacking you for telling the Jester that we are going to lynch him if he claims before the Jester claims.

Whether he thinks that that is the correct play is consistent with the fact that he thinks you are scummy for choosing to tell the Jester that you want to lynch him and that you believe the best play for the Jester is to lynch him.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:30 am

The best play for a townie may be to lynch the Jester. But it is not the best play for a townie to openly state so because it decreases the probability of the Jester claiming and that is something that is anti-town.

He is attacking you because your play during the period of time in which we were trying to get the jester to claim was anti-town since it decreases the probability of the Jester claiming.

Whether he thinks we should lynch the Jester day one is wholly irrelevant to what he is attacking you for.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:40 am

Post by MeMe »

My response is: I think your vote on QuickBen is understandable. I think QuickBen's frustration with you resulting in suspicion is understandable. I think that the reason this gambit has "distracted the town" is that those who understood it have had to spend time trying to get those who didn't to be quiet and give it time to work.

I think you need to stop making this entire game about you and vote Dani Banani. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Also -- anyone else wanna chime in on whether/how we should comply with hasdgfas's wish for us to repeat nemA?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:44 am

Post by RossWilliam »

....Backtrack to petroleumjelly voting wolfcrier.......may I ask why? All though I don't like his "woe is me, people always vote for me" response, thats an appeal to emotion, sympathy. but other than that, care to elaborate PJ?
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Greasy Spot »

al_kohaulec wrote:I'm about halfway through rereading the thread.

GS, I have a few questions if you care to answer.
Who do you think is scummy and why?
Who do you think could be the jester?
Do you honestly believe mith to be scum, or are you just not able to drop your anger and frustration on him from the beginning of the game?
1st Q - I like mith and Pooky.
2nd Q - I don't know.
3rd Q - In case you missed it I did unvote mith at one point.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”