Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:11 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

I dont need a concrete reason. Collbot posts just enough inconsequential stuff to not be noticed and Korais was at the time, although he is a lurker by now. But this bandwagon is fine to finally end a day, any day.

We have time to get the other scum.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:02 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

...so you are a one-shot doc effective only if you target the right role? Yeah right.
Unvote Korais, vote jediknight. FOS IS
for this line:
his bandwagon is fine to finally end a day,
as if day had dragged on forever. It's only five pages (four-and-a-half, really) and three days into day 1.
P.S. jediknight, scimitars and lightning do not a powerful scum role make. Whether you die by Wrath of God or by slipping on a banana peel and breaking your neck, you are exactly the same amount of dead and out of the game.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:07 pm

Post by Tigris »

I believe that I know what role he is referring to. And thus
unvote: koraiss, vote: jedi
. One of the trolls was hesitant to kill Bilbo; however, that would further weaken a less then strong mafia group, so I see no reason to believe it.
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:17 pm

Post by jediknight »

doh!!!! Geez.... I promised myself I wouldn't be back tonight!

I'm Galion the Butler. If I target Thorin Oakenshield on the same night that he gets targetted by scum then he is basically not at home because he is in the dungeon. Then, apparently I push him down the river like in the book... Never to be targetted again... :cry: So yes...I am a drunken elf that can't tell full casks from empty ones.

Comes in handy if ever Thorin were role claimed late in the game. So there you have it... Do with me what you will.
And I'm spent...
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:25 pm

Post by Yaw »

jediknight wrote:Since a good portion of the group seems to be hiding...and Yaw seems to be backpedaling saying this isn't a bandwagon... it's a "conversation starter"...like h-e double hockey sticks (LL for the undeducated!) That makes you more scummy to me. And Yaw also seems to be the one that has the most issues with my continued discussion of Gollum.
No, what I said is that it was a conversation-starting-wagon, rather than a lynch-wagon. I never denied it was a bandwagon.

Didn't Galion push
all
the dwarves into the river? Also, he had nothing to do with the keys to the dungeon. Plus "never to be targetted again" is a rather disturbing turn of phrase.

Although I'll admit Galion does fit the "not really considered good" criteria...
Success breeds suspicion
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:34 pm

Post by jediknight »

wow...my heads spinning from the semantics of those three wagons. Could you tell me the difference between 'em? Guess I have a lot to learn.

Yeah, thats what I thought too...but being able target any dwarf might have made it too powerful. I don't know. I am only going by what I was told. I thought it was a wicked weak role myself. Perhaps Thorin could shed some more light?

As for never to be targetted again...well...that was my phrase. The rules say you're not supposed to "quote my PM's" which I am not doing. It's most likely true that my turn of phrases are less than polished due to my inexperience. I say again...I got a lot to learn.
And I'm spent...
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:38 pm

Post by indentureddjinn »

sorry I've been unimportant in this game. I've been really busy. I'll read and then I'll put in information for you.
"na hanyate hanyamane sarire"
-Chapter 2, verse 20 Bhagavada Gita
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2469/irvington9zs.jpg
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:58 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

That is unfortunately a very weak claim. I dont buy it. Of course that means that my theories will just have to wait to be enacted on tomorrow.

If Jedi is scum, he must have slipped by me during my search for scum.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm

Post by Yaw »

It is a weak claim...

We're at 10 votes with 13 to lynch. I would much prefer if we don't end this day before everyone has the chance to comment. I didn't expect this bandwagon to be so fast or decisive. Ideally, by the time we go into night, every role should have at least one post. Otherwise, we're just going to run into problems in coming days.
Success breeds suspicion
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:27 pm

Post by Corsato »

Jedi's roleclaim doesn't seem to match the book.....of course it is possible that mikehart took some libery in making the roles.
Still, a doc that can protect one player is really limited. What are the chances that he manages to target Thorin? It would only make sense if Thorin was a really powerfull role.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:37 pm

Post by MMCL »

My only comment is I see it as clutching for straws...
I thought it was a wicked weak role myself. Perhaps Thorin could shed some more light?
Yeah - why doesn't Thorin just come out and tell you who is so you can protect him tonight. That would be a really good idea.

For reference, everything after the quote is sarcasm :)
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:40 pm

Post by Corsato »

Thank you for explaining, I almost missed the sarcasm. ;)
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:04 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Ack. Sry for no posting yet. I need to look over the thread and I'll post then.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:49 pm

Post by mikehart »

Vote Count

jediknight
( 10 ) -
Yaw, Corsato, coolbot, Jaylen, MMCL, Gaspode, Argoti, Internet Stranger, the silent speaker, Tigris

Flying Dutchman
( 2 ) -
Lord Gurgi, Murk

Lord Gurgi
( 2 ) -
Flying Dutchman, jediknight

Yaw
( 1 ) -
korais666

korais666
( 3 ) -
Tigris, Mr. Flay, thesilentspeaker

Argoti
( 1 ) -
drummer97531

Internet Stranger
( 1 ) -
Rick
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:07 pm

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I have an explaination why my role fits my character in my role PM, so I find it unlikely that mikehart would give such a non-matching role to another player.

Vote: Jediknight
, he's still two away from a lynch.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:10 am

Post by Rick »

Nope I don't believe the Galion story either:
jediknight wrote:I'm Galion the Butler. If I target Thorin Oakenshield on the same night that he gets targetted by scum then he is basically not at home because he is in the dungeon. Then, apparently I push him down the river like in the book... Never to be targetted again... :cry: So yes...I am a drunken elf that can't tell full casks from empty ones.

Comes in handy if ever Thorin were role claimed late in the game. So there you have it... Do with me what you will.
It is just too unlikely/useless. Thorin isn't the protagonist, Bilbo is.

Unvote :IS Vote: jediknight

That is one away from a lynch.
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:55 am

Post by jediknight »

Now this I can't believe! We haven't even heard from everyone and I'm one away from lynch? Nice...and I thought I was the newbie.

So Bilbo is the only one that should have protection? I would imagine that his has something to do with his night choices...and the ring...but apparently I'm the only one that even remembers that the ring WAS in the Hobbit.

Regardless of how things turn out...I'd be looking long and hard at Yaw. He's pushed for this lynch with nothing more to go on than my comments about gollum who I have repeatedly denied being.

Sarcasm is anger's ugly cousin. But I have no clue what kind of role Thorin is...only that I can protect him one time. As for mikehart...who knows what kind of liberty he might take?
And I'm spent...
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:01 am

Post by mikehart »

Vote Count

jediknight
( 11 ) -
Yaw, Corsato, coolbot, Jaylen, MMCL, Gaspode, Argoti, Internet Stranger, the silent speaker, Tigris, Rick

Flying Dutchman
( 2 ) -
Lord Gurgi, Murk

Lord Gurgi
( 2 ) -
Flying Dutchman, jediknight

Yaw
( 1 ) -
korais666

korais666
( 3 ) -
Tigris, Mr. Flay, thesilentspeaker

Argoti
( 1 ) -
drummer97531

please remember to unvote before you vote again. not that im saying names *coughcoughfdcoughcough* :P

jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:19 am

Post by jediknight »

Oh yeah...Yaw not only pushed for this bandwagon, he also then denied it being a lynch-wagon
Yaw wrote:What we have now is a conversation starter, it is not necessarily a lynch-wagon.
Get's me to like two votes with his rhetoric based only on me throwing out ideas which I will admit was a little overzealous on my part. Perhaps my biggest mistake. Bandwagons the heck outa me. And then backpedals saying:
We're at 10 votes with 13 to lynch. I would much prefer if we don't end this day before everyone has the chance to comment. I didn't expect this bandwagon to be so fast or decisive. Ideally, by the time we go into night, every role should have at least one post. Otherwise, we're just going to run into problems in coming days.
If that's the way you feel why rack up so many negative posts against me until we HAVE heard from everyone else? Guess one good thing will come out of this...I won't have to feel quilty about leaving for a week. :cry:
And I'm spent...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:28 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Lot of theories being thrown out there, not a lot to go on... unless someone got lucky with a N1 investigation. I don't know about the whole Gollum-as-paranoid cop thing, but it makes a certain amount of sense. He was certainly less of a psychopath (or at least, active psychopath) in Hobbit as he was in LOTR. And we've already had one SK outted...

I've never played with IS before, but just because someone is reputed to have godlike Mafia Hunting skills is no reason they can't be randomly selected as scum. And what better way to cover being scum than to always play in a 'direct', scumlike fashion? However I don't see enough evidence yet to vote for him.

And then there's this from Korais666:
you have to figure that when ANYONE says somebody is "evil" day 1, they usually mean "evilmaybenotreallysurejustguessing"
*bzzzt* Sorry, did you forget completely about cops? We've already had a Night 1, there could be somebody out there (several somebodies, maybe) with what they believe to be
prima facie
evidence of someone's guilt. Paranoid/insane cops, maybe, but strong in their convictions. :?

Since Jediknight is leaving for a week, the merciful thing to do would be to run the bandwagon out and kill him now. His partial role-claim really stinks; a one-shot doc, only if he targets the right player? Only likely if every person gets an ability, and we already saw that Nori got 'townie'...

Howecver I don't want to push it over the edge until lurkers like Uraj45 and indentureddjinn have a chance to 'say' something. My
vote for Korias666
is
confirmed.
Retired as of October 2014.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:30 am

Post by Rick »

jediknight wrote:Now this I can't believe! We haven't even heard from everyone and I'm one away from lynch? Nice...and I thought I was the newbie.
Yeah that is a bit annoying. And I know I am partly to blame.

Perhaps players can hold off votes against jedi until everyone has posted at least once?
So Bilbo is the only one that should have protection?
No it is just that I don't buy your role. Nothing against you, nor do I have any problems with any of the earlier stuff you said*. It is purely your role. I just can't see why Thorin needs a special doc. If anyone was going to have a special doc I would imagine it to be Bilbo and as you infer Bilbo has the ring for protection (or at least I imagine he would), so even Bilbo probably doesn't need a special doc, but I digress the point being I don't believe your role.

Plus if you are telling the truth about your role, you have to pick Thorin (what are the chances of that) and for the protection to be effective the scum have to pick Thorin as well. I just don't buy it.

*In fact I think you could be right about the Necromancer and the lightning:
And don't forget that a Necromancer was mentioned in the book. Which is Sauron BTW, lightning bolts anyone?
However that doesn't change the fact that I think your role claim is dodgy, which either means you are lying or the mod gave you a very bad role! I still think it is the former.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:39 am

Unvote: Jediknight

This is indeed going too hard, vote will get back on in 24 hours unless something new pops up.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:40 am

Post by mikehart »

hey FD, you have to be voting for jedi to unvote him

Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:41 am

Oh, I thought my vote was changed anyway and it was just a warning for the next time.

Unvote: Lord Gurgi
, then.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:16 am

Post by CoolBot »

Jedi, if you only presented the good Gollum scenario once, I could buy you were just trying to throw out ideas. But you did it at least twice, and still won't back off it. Further, your role claim seems designed to useful enough that the town won't want to lose you, but weak enough that the town won't notice that it doesn't actually exist. So, I'm not unvoting.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”