Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Iammars »

YAR!

I be confirming captain!
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Iammars »

Random Vote: cicero
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #174 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Iammars »

I've been at a chess tournament all weekend, thus my lack of posting. However, from a quick glance at the page, I've seen my name at least 5 times, and only one of them was to wish me a happy birthday, so I'm gonna guess that one of my few posts just exploded something...

Again.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #181 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Iammars »

Firstly, thanks to everyone wishing me a happy birthday! I got an iPod Nano, so I'm happy! :)

Secondly, the confirming was a joke. I felt like being in flavor, plus I was acting like a pirate the whole summer as part of my job.

Thirdly, since Thesp asked nicely, I will claim pirate/not pirate. I'm not a pirate. However, I'm not too familiar with my character, so I'm not 100% sure.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #224 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by Iammars »

If I had to daykill anyone here, it would be Thesp. Seriously man, you're assuming that I assumed something about the setup in a Stoofer game? I joined this game just to be surprised by what Stoofer comes up with. Besides, I learned to stop outguessing the mod with no information when I became a mod myself.

And seriously, what were you expecting me to say? I don't see how my answer shouldn't sway Gorrad.

Also, it's not my fault I never heard about my character before, and Wikipedia sure isn't helping me.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #375 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Iammars »

Iammars wrote:Also, it's not my fault I never heard about my character before, and Wikipedia sure isn't helping me.
And how does this post say that I can't find it in Wikipedia?

Wikipedia just isn't helping me determine whether or not my character is a pirate.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #621 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by Iammars »

Sorry guys. Long Post.
1. cicero
Grr. You keep spelling my name wrong.
I can find my character on Wikipedia, in fact there's a nice big page. Not sure if it makes him a pirate or not though. And yes I know there's more to internet research than Wikipedia. But the question is if Stoof considers my character a pirate or not, not if the internet considers my character a pirate or not.
2. Claus
Skipping posts more than 3 paragraphs is not a good thing. Nothing should be ignored in a mafia game, although some things have more meaning than others.
3. Erg0
Happy Birthday!
4. Flameaxe
5. Fritzler
Hey cool! You can ressurect people. I might have waited a day, but that's cool. Besides, it's Fritzler. If you have a one-shot ability that you don't use Day 1, I would think that you were mentally ill or something.
6. Gorrad
Yeah, I don't like speculation, especially since we don't have a lot of information. We know that there are at least two groups, but no clue of what their alignment is, and we have two dead, one of which isn't even part of those two groups. This game is going to be weird, but I wouldn't start speculating until we know more information as a town.
Massclaiming isn't always bad, just not always a good idea. Someone shouldn't be attacked for considering it, especially partial massclaims.
7. Guardian
Started the bandwagon against me. What I find bad about this is that there is more than 1 explanation for the same thing. I could just be a pirate confirming like a pirate. Or i decided to do it not based on my role. I like doing those things in mafia games just for the fun of it.
What's wrong with there being a choice between you and Thesp? If we have the scum narrowed down to two people, then that makes it easier for us to lynch correctly.
8. hasdgfas
9. Iammars
Obviously town. Duh. Y'all be crazy for bandwagoning him.
10. JordanA24
Ochkam's Razor? What's that?
11. KaleiÐoscøpe
12. Kison
13. Mgm
Talk much? If anyone's post restricted, it's probably you.
Finally someone points out why Guardian's logic is crap logic.
No, my character didn't command a ship. Why couldn't Stoof give me a character I knew about?
14. mikeburnfire
Going after TSQ much?
Why do you find it so hard to interpret haikus? I find it easier and more fun.
15. MrBuddyLee - Luke Skywalker (Vig) - throat slit and beaten to death Night 1 - resurrected day 1
Interesting bluff with the day vig. I need to think more about this action.
I don't see any good reason the town shouldn't know you're target last night. There better be something good. At this point, I doubt that the Daykill is real, seeing as the vig daykilling and nightkilling means that we've got a crapload of powerful scum.
16. Rosso Carne
17. Samruc
Why in the world are you trying to guess the setup with 14 pages worth of information to look back on?
18. Sir Tornado
19. Skruffs
C'mon Skruffs, there's plenty of good people here.
20. The Fonz
21. Thesp
You honestly expected the pirate confirming to be affected by my role? Especially with a player who likes to have fun a lot?
I don't get the Gorrad-me link.
You're arguing against Thok, yet you like his air of secrecy? That sounds weird. Not sure if it points to town or scum though.
Yeah, it is about outguessing the mod. It assumes that I saw my role PM, saw that I was ninja scum, then decided that pirates would have to be town and therefore confirm town. I would never assume that in a large theme run by Stoofer.
Look at the players in the game. I seriously expect that all one-shot abilities will be gone by the end of today.
I agree on your analysis of info role v. vig.
22. Thestatusquo
If there was only one way for me to answer the question, what was the point in asking me in the first place? You might as well consider me scum without asking me the question.
You joke around in mafia games, yet find me scummy for doing so?
23. Thok
Constantly pushing against my bandwagon for me. Thanks a lot.
24. Twomz
Firstly, Happy Birthday.
Now, how can you agree with SirT and MBF? They didn't say anything, they just hopped onto the bandwagon.
25. UltimaAvalon
The people who don't take Day 1 seriously are the reason why some Day 1s take forever to complete.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #633 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Iammars »

Thok wrote:Iammars, do you believe everybody in this game has been classified by Stoofer as either a pirate or a ninja? If so, why?
No, but I'd rather not reveal those reasons at the present moment.
Twomz wrote:Wait, you meant that bandwagon that I was on until you posted then I got off over 15 pages ago? Have you caught up on reading yet? Here I was thinking later on in the day, like when I voted for Gorrad.
Yes, I've caught up on reading. I just made that a stream of consciousness post. Whenever I saw something that I needed to comment on, I commented on it, no matter where I was in the thread.
And yeah, you've got the right post.
Guardian wrote:It "worked" as a tell in that game, but I didn't bring it up until Gorrad had died because I didn't want to draw suspicion for it. I didn't want to make the same mistake here.
Hindsight is 20/20.
Guardian wrote:I find it suspicious that Iammars's first long, substantive post of the game came right after I made a post about him.

Also, I don't like that this major contribution is a List of All the Players (tm) -- especially with how many people he just didn't comment on, that kind of thing is extremely easy for scum to do without leading a trail back to their partners. I'm fairly sure that I've expressed this same suspicion of LoAtPs elsewhere, if anyone cares
Or it could be that I was prodded by Mr Stoofer. You seem to like jumping to conclusions about my actions.
And my list wasn't as much a LoAtP but a post where I put down all of my thoughts as I was reading the thread and organized them by the player list for ease of reading.

And it seems that my random vote is still on.
Unvote
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #745 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Iammars »

Guardian wrote:I was fairly familiar with my role, but the first thing I did after confirming was checking wikipedia to make sure there wasn't some pirate/ninja connection I didn't know about. Furthermore, if I was in a state of uncertainty about whether or not my role was a pirate *in a stoofer game* I sure as hell would NOT confirm with pirate flavor because I *felt like it*.
Welcome to my playstyle. It's as much a part of me to do funny things in the opening as it is for Flameaxe to post lots of one-line posts and make people angry. It's as much a part of me as it is of pj to post long lists prefaced with "Firstly." I do it no matter who the mod is.
Guardian wrote:So your post, which had a list of all the players with your comments on each player, was not a list of all the players? I'm a bit baffled how you might justify saying that.
The post was not written as a post in which I commented on all players. The post was me responding to the thread, and instead of writing my responses in chronological order, I wrote them in order of the player list.
Claus wrote:I like guardian's new reasons more than his old reasons, and Iammars did not answer the questions I made him - to the point of quoting a joke statement of mine in his "all players" post, instead of answering my question.
Are you talking about the one that basically asks me who I find scummy? Can't you get that from my catchup post?
Claus wrote:I'm having this impression that he used the bandwagon to gather supporters to him without having to actually play the game or take any instance, and I don't like that.
And what, BS reasons for the bandwagon didn't help? I didn't make a choice to go inactive, I got wrapped up in the Mock Election at school (I was on the McCain campaign) and didn't have much time to post.

I really want to lynch Guardian, but I will vote him only if we get more people either off of the one-of votes or off of the k-scope vote. We need to lynch someone, and with Stoofer's unusual deadline rules, we need to be careful of how we vote at the deadline.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #750 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Iammars »

Guardian wrote:Iammars (considering) -- OMGUS, as far as I can see.
[...]
Mafia games want to ENCOURAGE posting, not DISCOURAGE it. Thok MGM & Mars's reasons are all bullshit, and Erg0's reason is at best misguided.
You obviously need glasses then? May I suggest the pair in my avatar?

My main reason for voting you is you can't tell when I'm joking and when I'm being serious, and using me joking around as the basis for a major case.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #755 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Iammars »

Guardian wrote:I'm generally bad at telling when people are joking, and am of the opinion that joking has little place in mafia, because when you do something suspicious you can just go "oh, I was joking." :\
Well, excuse me for having fun.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #760 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Iammars »

Guardian wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:I don't want you to have fun.
And now ther serious answer? Or you don't have one?
I think he was referring to me.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #764 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:
Iammars wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:I don't want you to have fun.
And now ther serious answer? Or you don't have one?
I think he was referring to me.
I wasn't.
Yar. Never mind then, matey.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #766 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Iammars »

Oh no, I just referred to Flameaxe as "matey" and greeted him with "yar." I must be indicated our alignment!
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #821 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Iammars »

mikeburnfire wrote:Does it bother you to be 800 pages in, and people are still discussing it like it's the most important thing that has happened?
Yes and no. Yes in the fact that I'm bothered by the fact that it was even brought up in the first place. No in the fact that the more it's talked about, the more and more ridiculous Guardian looks.
mikeburnfire wrote:If I recall correctly, and correct me if I'm wrong because I have trouble keeping this game straight, you said that wikipedia couldn't help you decide if your role was pirate/ninja/whatever. It seems to me that something like that would be pretty obvious. Why don't you tell me what your flavor is so I can look it up, if it's so difficult for you to define yourself?
My role is either one of two things: Pirate
or
not pirate and not ninja. I'm leaning heavily towards the second, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm going to PM stoofer about it.
And no, because from what I did read in Wikipedia, if I give you my role name, I give you my role.
Erg0 wrote:In fact, all that I actually did in practice is ask Mars why he was consciously choosing not to vote you at a critical moment.
I've been thinking about this, and you're right. I just get really nervous towards a deadline.
Vote: Guardian

Guardian wrote:at that point in time, I had the information of his confirming like a pirate, and the death scene, implying pirates = scum
Right, because I would totally claim scum.
Wasn't the original reasoning based on me being ninja scum?
Guardian wrote:persecuting active players
who use good logic
, especially with bullshit tongue and cheek crap, is stupid, anti-game, and anti-site.
Fixed. Bad logic means that you have a better chance of being scum, ergo we should lynch you.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #835 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:09 am

Post by Iammars »

As an update, Stoofer's refusing to tell me. He just linked me to the wikipedia article.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1240 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by Iammars »

Thesp's role isn't completely useless. It can stop what he thinks is going to be a bad lynch if he wants to take a hit for it.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1304 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Iammars »

Kison wrote:...But I don't want people dismissing this as some kind of indisputable role and to let it slip under the rug, which is why I'm making a big deal about my skepticism.
Think about what it means if he is scum. If he has a one-shot daykill as scum and wants to use it on his partner to prove a point, he can go right ahead. But i would doubt a day-ending daykill given to scum. Not only do they get a free night, they would get an extra kill. That seems a little broken.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1307 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Iammars »

Skruffs wrote:and the ninjas have already obviously hit the pirates twice,
When?

I'm unsure about mass-claim.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1309 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Iammars »

[quote="Skruffs"][quote="Mr Stoofer"]
[*]
KaleiÐoscøpe - Dread Pirate Roberts - killed silently Night 3
[/quote]

Two hit rule?[/quote]

Good call. Forgot about that rule.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1344 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Iammars »

@Gorrad: Sorry, must have missed that. I think cicero is probably town, mostly because of the way that he argued against my wagon on Day 1 and attacked Thesp and Guardian for the original reasoning being used.

I vehemently oppose an Erg0 lynch, due to the fact that I believe his role completely, but I think that it means something else.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1348 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Iammars »

Vampires generally represent cults. I think he's a cult-immune townie.
That's all I'm saying now.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1357 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Iammars »

How do we know that there's three groups? How do we know that it's not 2 groups and a SK? Note that we also haven't had a dead ninja scum yet. (Although ninjas are probably scum)

I am also not saying this just based of Erg0's claim.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1397 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Iammars »

Thesp wrote:I also think this warrants more explanation:
Iammars wrote:Vampires generally represent cults. I think he's a cult-immune townie.
That's all I'm saying now.

How do we know that there's three groups? How do we know that it's not 2 groups and a SK? Note that we also haven't had a dead ninja scum yet. (Although ninjas are probably scum)

I am also not saying this just based of Erg0's claim.
I think the cat's out of the bag on this one, and any scum who may know more here have already been clued into anything they need to know from your less-than-subtle posts. This warrants explanation
now
, especially since you are asserting a semi-rolebased defense of the popular lynch for the day. (For the record, I don't believe Erg0's claim one bit, but since someone
who has expressed cluelessness about his own role
is suggesting some evidence that Erg0 may be town, it should be heard.)
Firstly, for the record, I know what my role does mechanically, but not flavorfully.

Remember when I mentioned that I expected that there were people who weren't pirates or ninjas? That's because my role deals with vampires too. I'm a Vampire Finder (Abraham Van Helsing)
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1402 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Iammars »

cicero wrote:Oh Iammars...

how is that remotely ambiguous as to whether it's a ninja or a pirate? It's clearly neither.
He's clearly not a ninja, but I was reading the article on Wikipedia and I got the feeling that he might be considered a pirate. This was also back when I thought that the game would be split in half between ninjas and pirates.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1408 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Iammars »

Thesp wrote:Can anyone see a compelling reason
not
to ask for nightchoices/results?
Iammars, emphasis added wrote:He's clearly not a ninja, but I was reading the article on Wikipedia and I got the feeling that he might be considered a pirate.
This was also back when I thought that the game would be split in half between ninjas and pirates.
You thought the game was split between ninjas and pirates when you were a Vampire Finder???
Huh?
Well, more split than it turned out to be. I wasn't expecting the pirates and ninjas to be two scum groups with other people as the town.

And I knew I was forgetting something:
N1: ibaesha - no
N2: ooba - no
N3: Claus - no
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1410 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Iammars »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
JordanA24 replaces ibaesha[/b]
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1416 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Iammars »

He's not posting in Penalty Box either.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1448 (isolation #28) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Iammars »

I, [your name here], want to kill all pirates, ninjas, and goblins, and want the town to win. Amen

I have a good idea I know what mbf's role ability is.

And I didn't say that I was a cult-immune, I thought that Erg0 was.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1451 (isolation #29) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Iammars »

mikeburnfire wrote:
MBF wrote:Keep in mind that when Erg0 claimed "Vampire", Iammars believed
erg0
was a "cult-immune townie". If
Iammars
were truly a Vampire-Hunter, then why wouldn't
Iammars
believe his role to be similar to DG's and Mgm's?
I don't get what you mean still. Erg0 didn't claim vampire, and I believe my role works exactly as DGB's and Mgm's (assuming I understand their role correctly)
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1455 (isolation #30) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Iammars »

mikeburnfire wrote:Iammars, my mistake. I thought Buffy was a vampire. I'm still voting you because your claim of Vampire Hunter seems opportunistic and contrasting to your earlier claim of not knowing if you were a pirate.
When I wasn't sure if I was a pirate or not, I thought that most of the town was split between pirates and ninjas, therefore I might be a pirate. Looks like that assumption was wrong.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1459 (isolation #31) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Iammars »

No, I confirmed with a yar because I like talking like a pirate and I was doing it all summer anyway as part of my job.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1557 (isolation #32) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Iammars »

Info: mikeburnfire is not a vampire. Although after sending in my choice, I realized that mbf was a stupid person to investigate, based on the fact that I have a good idea what his role is. I probably should've investigated someone else.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1645 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Iammars »

cicero wrote:(Anyone who read the above and is getting ready to ask me why I think he's a pirate AGAIN gets swatted with a frozen trout)
Ooh! Why is Rogueben a pirate?

Seriously though,
Vote: Rogueben
. I approve of this bandwagon.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1668 (isolation #34) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Iammars »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Thesp wrote:I think this is worth confirming at this point and outing his partner. What do you all think?
Not really. I don't even find him as scummy as you guys seem to. Getting him to claim is one thing, outing his Mason Partner just seems a bit too aggressive
The whole point of masons is that their claims are testable. What's the whole point if we don't test them?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1958 (isolation #35) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by Iammars »

Yeah! Town Win!

And I honestly did think I was a pirate. I thought that there was a cult and that I was a cult cop. Oh well.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1962 (isolation #36) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Iammars »

Thanks MBL, I really needed that.[/sarcasm]

I thought it was pirates = town, ninja = scum. Therefore since I was town, I was a pirate.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”