BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #4100 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by BBmolla »

???
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4101 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:34 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 4096, TheWayItEnds wrote:
hey fire.

Did mafia have daytalk?

~Can't answer this
im literally sure you could if you wanted too.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4102 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:55 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

ugh hunger games used the same phrasing and they had daytalk.

fuck.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4103 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:06 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

mastin in as few words as possible (ideally 1) whats the difference between my scum game and my town game.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4104 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:06 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

and also whats the first post i made that made you think i was town.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4105 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:24 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

molla whats your full flavor?
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4106 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:38 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

and also would your special ability have been permanent?
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4107 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:45 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4093, BBmolla wrote:I think TWIE is scum so I don't see a point in appealing to him
My point here though is that you're basically acting the way scum act in lylo.
TWIE is not someone you're likely to sway--so there would be no point in trying.
There would be no point in casting shade on me, on throwing suspicion on me, because you'd know that TWIE would be going after you, and that it would come down to me, so you'd be focusing on me...which is what you're doing.

As town, I would be expecting you to
not
know for sure that I am town. As town, I would be expecting you to be doing scumhunting. It wouldn't need to be much. It could be a one-liner. It could be a simple question. But I'd expect you to be doing SOMETHING if you were town, because I don't think you as town would hold conviction in a scumread...or if you did.

IF you did hold conviction in a scumread. You wouldn't hold this hesitancy to vote. You'd be pushing TWIE. You'd be on the offensive, trying to explain to me not only that TWIE is scum, but also to trust that you're town.

The thing is, what you're doing falls into neither category, but rather, something which is squarely in the middle, so to speak, trying to have the best of both worlds, the pattern I'd associate with scum: you are appealing to me, but you are avoiding committing, just in case it turns out TWIE has interest in voting me. How am I supposed to see that as town?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4108 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4103, TheWayItEnds wrote:mastin in as few words as possible (ideally 1) whats the difference between my scum game and my town game.
Bleh. One exists, I'm sure of it. I know the difference in my head, the concept of the difference between your towngame and your scumgame is clear as day in my head, it's just finding the right English word to translate that I'm finding difficult.

Like. Closest I can think of are along the lines of: Focus. Content. Attitude. Approach. As town, you have a tendency to still be useful even early-on, though you specialize at the lategame. Your basic methodology is subtle, slight, minimalistic pushes, where the goal is to set your later game up. You tend to banter more as town, at least, more naturally. Like, your scum banter still exists, sure, but...it's different, and I'm not quite sure what words to use to explain the difference (aside from maybe the above) between them because honestly the difference in your banter is one of the strongest indicators of your alignment yet how exactly to describe what makes your town banter be town and what makes your scum banter be scum I'm not quite sure how to place into words.

As scum, your tendency is still to be minimalistic. You lurk. You post very little content. You do a lot of prod-dodges. Fuck, you even try to be useful in the early-game! But your focus in said early game is actually TO make you look good. As town, you might give some subtle content early-on, but you're mostly setting up for a lategame push, a reveal of sorts. As scum, you give the content early-on, but the intention is to look good, rather than to set up a plan.

I think that's the word for it, actually. The Plan. The plan as scum is: "Avoid attention. Look good. When surviving later in the game, given these factors, nobody will be surprised, allowing for scum to endgame". The plan as town is: "Don't bother putting much effort in early; it's a waste of time. Do little things, and gather notes. Keep things in mind, and if living long enough, later in the game analyze all that's been given".

I saw signs of the latter basically immediately, and nothing you've done or said has actually changed my conclusion there, which is why by play I'd think you'd have to be town: NOT ONLY does Molla look like scum by play, BUT ALSO, you look town by play, at least, my understanding of your play.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4109 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

fuck.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4110 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

the worst part is i asked you to out that knowing that if you knew it it wouldnt even help me.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4111 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4104, TheWayItEnds wrote:and also whats the first post i made that made you think i was town.
You were a townread before your slot became yours, so I was already biased in thinking you were town. I townread Indigo's entrance. Gamma did nothing to diminish it. If anything, if scum had daytalk, I'd expect to be posted in a scum topic rather than in the game thread. Admittedly, not the strongest of townreads. But above null, and you did nothing to make me instantly go :igmeou: at you.

Looking at your iso, I'd say the first post I'd call "more likely to come from a town-TWIE than any other alignment" would maybe be the chain of posting in , , and . Though, that said: I think I was also biased by recent experience of your scumgame. In Steven Universe 2, you never once willingly laid down your vote until the day of your death. So, did look town to me at the time though in hindsight I think that was actually null since PRESUMABLY, you not voting is not actually a scumtell/you voting is not a towntell. (Still,
at the time
, I thought you voting was a town move, not a scum move.)

also looks town in your iso. Like, there are other posts I am skipping which I think are town posts, but they're posts which could feasibly come from scum even if I think they're more likely to be town. It's like I said, the things you were doing and focusing were more or less my expectation of you as town, not you as scum, and they existed basically immediately.

I could go on, but you asked me to do the first posts in your iso, not your entire iso. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4112 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4110, TheWayItEnds wrote:the worst part is i asked you to out that knowing that if you knew it it wouldnt even help me.
Eh there was value enough. It told you that I'm not scum bullshitting.

For what it's also worth--I still hold it true, even today, that in what I'm seeing, you look town. You look like you are actually thinking. You look like you are actually considering things. But Molla doesn't. I do owe this game a full redo though: a rethink on the conceptual level, NKA, VCA, scum isos, and looking at both of yours for those interactions.

I don't want to promise a timeframe to finish this. But I do want to promise that I am thinking.

I am truly sorry, Molla, if you are town and TWIE is scum--but that's one reason that I need to do this. I need to really think about how plausible, how feasible, things are. And to spend some time crunching the mental math on the setup, and the plausibility of possibilities. Maybe research mod meta if I have the time. There's lots of work I should be doing, and I know from experience I'm not going to get it all done. Fuck, it's possible I'm dragging out the inevitable just like last time and if that turns out to be the case, then I am truly sorry, but.

I need to get it right. And this is me, trying to get it right. (I'm sure the dead thread is bitching and moaning about me at this point, but they got the PMs I've sent, so they know just as well as I do exactly what my issue now is.)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #4113 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 4107, mastina wrote:
In post 4093, BBmolla wrote:I think TWIE is scum so I don't see a point in appealing to him
My point here though is that you're basically acting the way scum act in lylo.
TWIE is not someone you're likely to sway--so there would be no point in trying.
There would be no point in casting shade on me, on throwing suspicion on me, because you'd know that TWIE would be going after you, and that it would come down to me, so you'd be focusing on me...which is what you're doing.

As town, I would be expecting you to
not
know for sure that I am town. As town, I would be expecting you to be doing scumhunting. It wouldn't need to be much. It could be a one-liner. It could be a simple question. But I'd expect you to be doing SOMETHING if you were town, because I don't think you as town would hold conviction in a scumread...or if you did.

IF you did hold conviction in a scumread. You wouldn't hold this hesitancy to vote. You'd be pushing TWIE. You'd be on the offensive, trying to explain to me not only that TWIE is scum, but also to trust that you're town.

The thing is, what you're doing falls into neither category, but rather, something which is squarely in the middle, so to speak, trying to have the best of both worlds, the pattern I'd associate with scum: you are appealing to me, but you are avoiding committing, just in case it turns out TWIE has interest in voting me. How am I supposed to see that as town?
If I vote incorrectly I lose the game. Do I fully believe TWIE is final scum? Yes. Am I ready to put all my faith in my belief at this point? No.

I quite frankly don't give a fuck how I look. I'm waiting to vote but I still have my opinions.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #4114 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Logically TWIE is scum, mastins claim makes sense with the setup.

Emotionally, TWIE feels more town than mastin.

So there's that too.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #4115 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I mean I guess part of me was hoping scum would vote first giving me the hammer or saving me from having to hammer.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #4116 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

idk dudes. I'm not scum. I wish my townbro would see it but I don't see that really happening.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4117 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Molla your killing me man.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4118 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:03 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 4105, TheWayItEnds wrote:molla whats your full flavor?
In post 4106, TheWayItEnds wrote:and also would your special ability have been permanent?
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4119 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:05 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 4042, Heartless wrote:
In post 4039, Firebringer wrote:
Aj The Epic did not survive the night!

Spoiler: Aj The Epic ROLE PM
Welcome! You are
Mon Mothma
, Rebel Senator ,
Jailkeeper
You are aligned with the
Rebel Alliance

You are a politician serving to try to keep the rebel alliance together by maintaining order and balance.

Abilities:

Vote - You can vote during the day.
Jailkeeper- At night you can select a player to stop any actions they perform and any actions performed on them.

Character Special Ability

You have no character special ability[/center]
Win Condition:
You win when the Empire has been eliminated.

He Left a Last Will

Spoiler: Last Will

BBmolla was jailed
i have no idea if this is updated or not

probably not
and i genuinely dont understand how you can not respond to this as either alignment.

like.

genuinely.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4120 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Post by mastina »

Posting here to say, probably not posting tonight: there's some white stuff on my kitten's nose. Now, a quick google tells me I should
probably
not be concerned.

Most likely, kitty litter. (After all, she has some basically permanent black stuff stuck to her fur under her chin which I assume is food dried into her fur; this wouldn't be much different.) Maybe dry skin.

Still, all the same: I want to alert my family of this and keep an eye on her until I can personally deliver the message, so...not going to post tonight even though I planned to.

Sorry.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4121 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

BBMolla is being prodded.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #4122 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Been so busy with life sorry.

Mastin where do you stand at the moment?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4123 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by mastina »

Standing implies that I am firmly on two feet.

I very much am not.

Like. The implication of standing is that there is a
stance
behind it.
I have conflicting ones. I don't know anymore.
I really, really don't.

I should have a lot more to say.
I should be doing a lot of work, instead I've been putting it off, slacking off, doing miscellaneous shit like updating my wiki (I'm basically browsing the Scummer Subpages, not to mention, looking at the actual Scummers in question, to see if I can steal their formatting/ideas for stuff on my own wiki), adding articles to the wiki, and editing articles, all of that rather than actually being here in the game.

And that's detestable on my part and it's a bad habit that I need to cut out because I need to stop fucking putting this game off out of my fear, and yet that's exactly what I've been doing because that's what I'm experiencing is a lot of fear, of being wrong, of making the wrong choice, of having things not work out the way I want them to. I'm not even sure I'll get to this game tonight even though frankly right now it
should
be my top priority. Should be, but I haven't eaten, I haven't done my daily blog, I haven't done my work blog and I suck so will probably still do something else which is...not this game.

I will try though.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4124 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:42 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 4117, TheWayItEnds wrote:Molla your killing me man.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”