mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:51 am

Post by mith »

Everyone be sure to read this post.

What MeMe said. If you think something is a trap, don't point it out until everyone has a chance to fall for it! Sigh.

Anyway... I think everyone has now denied being the Jester. So I suppose it's time to move on.

This was absolutely a trap. You see, when we played the Jester setup at Thespival, there was one small difference: the Jester won when lynched Day 1. There, the strategy presented here clearly applies. The Jester should come out to avoid being nightkilled, and the Town should encourage it so that we eliminate one suspect
and also so that we avoid all the WIFOM drama involved when we know someone is trying to get themselves lynched

What actually happened was that we got screwed over by scum claiming Jester, and then ended up lynching the Jester straight away because we thought we were safe lynching the scummiest player.

Here, we have a day where it's safe to lynch the Jester, and I was trying to take advantage of that.
Not so much to trick the Jester so we can lynch him/her! That doesn't help the town.
But to trick the Mafia into thinking they're about to get screwed over and the only way out of it is to fakeclaim Jester. If someone had claimed Jester, there was a better than average chance of them being scum, given that the Thespivalites understood the strategy considerations and know that
best play for the Jester is to claim Day 2
, so if any of them are the Jester they (correctly) waited.

Anyway. Hopefully the Jester truly does understand the strategy involved in playing the role and will come out tomorrow. In the meantime, we have plenty to analyze here. My vote remains on GS for now, as his reaction was clearly the most scum-like, but I need to comb through the responses in detail.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Holy »

Holy wrote:I didn't like the way Greasy Spot delayed to answer questions toward him.
Gladly will join the wagon on him.

I'm busy at work lately, I can put more attention at weekends I guess.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mith wrote:

What MeMe said. If you think something is a trap, don't point it out until everyone has a chance to fall for it! Sigh.

Anyway... I think everyone has now denied being the Jester. So I suppose it's time to move on.

This was absolutely a trap. You see, when we played the Jester setup at Thespival, there was one small difference: the Jester won when lynched Day 1. There, the strategy presented here clearly applies. The Jester should come out to avoid being nightkilled, and the Town should encourage it so that we eliminate one suspect
and also so that we avoid all the WIFOM drama involved when we know someone is trying to get themselves lynched

What actually happened was that we got screwed over by scum claiming Jester, and then ended up lynching the Jester straight away because we thought we were safe lynching the scummiest player.

Here, we have a day where it's safe to lynch the Jester, and I was trying to take advantage of that.
Not so much to trick the Jester so we can lynch him/her! That doesn't help the town.
But to trick the Mafia into thinking they're about to get screwed over and the only way out of it is to fakeclaim Jester. If someone had claimed Jester, there was a better than average chance of them being scum, given that the Thespivalites understood the strategy considerations and know that

Anyway. Hopefully the Jester truly does understand the strategy involved in playing the role and will come out tomorrow. In the meantime, we have plenty to analyze here. My vote remains on GS for now, as his reaction was clearly the most scum-like, but I need to comb through the responses in detail.
Sorry. I guess i wasnt told about this trap. -.-
If i see people, especially well respected people such as yourselves making crazy logic its natural impulse to say so.
Anyway, before you revealed this, i'd have liked to see explanations from those newer players who hopped on the Jester pushing BW. Im almost positive that not everyone was aware of the trap, and highly suspicious of those who went along with it. Post 324 doesnt exactly fill me with confidence concerning MeMe either...
Oh and despite me kinda fucking up a plan, i'd still like to say:

SCREW YOU CAPTAIN BANDWAGON! :D (this kind of also applies to anyone who legitimately said i was talking crap)

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Captain Bandwagon
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Captain Bandwagon »

Battle Mage wrote:
mith wrote:

If i see people, especially well respected people such as yourselves making crazy logic its natural impulse to say so.
Anyway, before you revealed this, i'd have liked to see explanations from those newer players who hopped on the Jester pushing BW. Im almost positive that not everyone was aware of the trap, and highly suspicious of those who went along with it. Post 324 doesnt exactly fill me with confidence concerning MeMe either...

SCREW YOU CAPTAIN BANDWAGON! :D (this kind of also applies to anyone who legitimately said i was talking crap)

BM
Exactly my point. I can't believe you didn't see it, hence my frustration.
[i]"... give us this day, our daily bandwagon, and forgive us our trespasses, as we bandwagon those who trespass against us..."[/i]

- Excerpt from The Bandwagoner's Prayer
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:25 am

Post by MeMe »

Battle Mage wrote:Post 324 doesnt exactly fill me with confidence concerning MeMe either...
Care to come up with a legitimate reason why? Keeping in mind that 1) I was at Thespival and 2) I had no idea mith was going to kill the trap minutes after I posted?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Captain Bandwagon wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
mith wrote:

BM
Exactly my point. I can't believe you didn't see it, hence my frustration.
Who are you an alt of? Were you at Thespival?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

:evil:

@ mith FUCK YOU!! for jumping all over my ass from day one. How the fuck was I supposed to know half the people here were baiting a trap. I haven't been here but two weeks.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

unvote
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Fletcher »

[written before I read mith's post]
Battle Mage wrote:Out of interest, why do you find GS's criticisms of the logic of those at Thespival to be reasonable, and mine to be inherently scummy, despite admitting that YOU also shared those views when you were at Thespival?
You will not lay-off, especially in light of the fact that you state that this is a very experienced group. You'd think you would have done so to some degree. GS is a prime example of this. Thinking more on this I'm not sure how well-founded my vote is, because it seems odd for a mafia to put himself out so much... however you just may do that as scum. As you have pointed out, I have not meta-gamed your play.[/written before]

Unvote: Battle Mage

I don't see the point to killing the trap? Would it really have been so detrimental to keep it going?
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:35 am

Post by mith »

Battle Mage repeatedly saying the word "trap" - and, to some degree, MeMe responding; though as I said I agreed with her entirely, having someone else just use the word tainted the project - killed any chance it had of working on the Mafia, and I didn't want to Jester to leap to the conclusion that the trap was meant for him/her and be so paranoid by our deception that he/she fails to make the correct play of coming out tomorrow.

I still like GS as scum. And MeMe is my number two, purely on vibe - I'm going to have to read her posts again to see if I can put my finger on anything.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Fletcher wrote:[written before I read mith's post]
Battle Mage wrote:Out of interest, why do you find GS's criticisms of the logic of those at Thespival to be reasonable, and mine to be inherently scummy, despite admitting that YOU also shared those views when you were at Thespival?
You will not lay-off, especially in light of the fact that you state that this is a very experienced group. You'd think you would have done so to some degree. GS is a prime example of this. Thinking more on this I'm not sure how well-founded my vote is, because it seems odd for a mafia to put himself out so much... however you just may do that as scum. As you have pointed out, I have not meta-gamed your play.[/written before]

Unvote: Battle Mage

I don't see the point to killing the trap? Would it really have been so detrimental to keep it going?
Well it wouldve confused the heck outta me, and probably lead to a mislynch because some people thought Mith and co. were being serious.

I'd still like a list of who here WASNT at Thespival.

Thanks,
BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:41 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I wasnt.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:47 am

Post by MeMe »

Battle Mage wrote:I'd still like a list of who here WASNT at Thespival.
These players were there:

al_kohaulec
Dani Banani
Fletcher
Mastermind of Sin
MeMe
mith
petroleumjelly
PookyTheMagicalBear
Talitha
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:48 am

Post by mith »

At Thespival:

al_kohaulec
Dani Banani
Fletcher
Mastermind of Sin
MeMe
mith
petroleumjelly
PookyTheMagicalBear
Talitha

Not:

Battle Mage
Captain Bandwagon
curiouskarmadog
Dark Ermac
Greasy Spot
hasdgfas
Holy
Iammars
QuickBen
RossWilliam
tyhess
wolfcrier
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

I wasn't
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:48 am

Post by mith »

Bah. ~shakes fist at MeMe~
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

wow simulposts. :P

@MeMe- are you sure some of those on the 'NOT' list are not alts of people who were there?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Bah. ~wiggles middle finger at mith~ ~on both hands~
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:52 am

Post by hasdgfas »

overreaction much?
FoS: GS
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

hasdgfas wrote:overreaction much?
FoS: GS
I hope you are kidding. :shock:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:59 am

Post by hasdgfas »

unneeded reactions.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:05 am

Post by MeMe »

Not completely sure, but the only other scummers NOT on my list who were there (as far as memory and the group pic serves) are:

Ameliaslay
Atticus
Dirge
kristocker
mlaker
spork76
Thesp

The only one of those players I'm not 100% certain isn't using an alt in this game is Ameliaslay -- and I can't see her bothering.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:19 am

Post by mith »

As far as I am aware, Captain Bandwagon is the only alt in this game, and was not at Thespival.
Captain Bandwagon
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Captain Bandwagon »

1. Guess.

2. No.
[i]"... give us this day, our daily bandwagon, and forgive us our trespasses, as we bandwagon those who trespass against us..."[/i]

- Excerpt from The Bandwagoner's Prayer
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Battle Mage, if you thought this could be a trap for the Jester to claim, why would you fight against it? Why is it NOT in the town's best interest for the Jester to claim Day 1? For what reason do you think it was beneficial to OPPOSE the jester claiming today?
Permanent V/LA.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:31 am

Post by mith »

I already know who you are. The "as far as I am aware" part was referring to the other players, who I have no reason to believe are alts but don't know for certain.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”